Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BBSG Vs A Bunch of Heels 2 1.23%
Stat and Willow vs Hart and Blue 1 0.61%
Christian vs Garcia 0 0%
Eddie vs Danielson 3 1.84%
Scramble 1 0.61%
Strong vs Orange 0 0%
BCC vs FTR 0 0%
Storm vs Deonna 3 1.84%
Ospreay vs Takeshita 98 60.12%
Joe vs Swerve vs Hangman 2 1.23%
Sting's Last Match 53 32.52%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That Dang Dad posted:

I went to Dave Meltzer's twitter to see if he'd released star ratings yet and... does he spend literally all day every day arguing with 30 follower weirdos??? His feed is a mess!

no, they usually have a lot less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hell yeah kyle

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

what an absolute weirdo, I love him

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Is there actually a bracket for the tag tournament?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is there actually a bracket for the tag tournament?

It hasn't been formally announced on programming yet, just discussed that it's happening at the press conference. I would assume they'll be announcing it proper tonight.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

That Dang Dad posted:

I went to Dave Meltzer's twitter to see if he'd released star ratings yet and... does he spend literally all day every day arguing with 30 follower weirdos??? His feed is a mess!

He thinks that it's the cheapest way to stay relevant.

explosivo posted:

KOR lookin real jacked, baby

Not so lanky anymore.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

God bless my weird wet goblin man.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kennel posted:

Not so lanky anymore.

Swole, shuffling crab

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Swole, shuffling crab

you rang?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Entrance tunnels, as well as the feeling, has been restored

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Tunnels!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
gently caress yeah, tunnels!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That Trent Baretta post that went like "One day you'll meet a beautiful girl and fall in love then she'll find out you argue with Dave Meltzer online and she'll set you on fire"

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

New dynamite logo makes me think of Doritos

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

How many matches in wrestling (at least North American wrestling) have been proper 'retirement' matches? The other big ones I can think of is Foley vs HHH (which did solidify HHH as a serious main eventer...ew) and Ric Flair (against Shawn Micheals, who I mean, you couldn't push Shawn because he was already on top). I guess you had Taker vs AJ too which Taker actually won.

*Disregarding post 'retirement' returns of course. Retirements not usually sticking diminishes the concept anyway.

Also I don't understand how HoT can have a sustained following for years. I don't even know NJPW but I know 'Britt Baker's title reign but a stable' sounds like a special sort of wrestling hell.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
badass picture

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oooh nice photo. Aside from the humorous element where Darby looks like he's trying to eat a bunch of tinsel.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Oh hell yes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

explosivo posted:

Entrance tunnels, as well as the feeling, has been restored

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I will miss the giant dancing Daniel Garcia

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

that got a 4090 in it?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Do you guys and girls think "The Rainmaker" debuts tonight? Or will they wait for Big Bu$$y

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Majinfoose posted:

Same... same.

:negative:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

Do you guys and girls think "The Rainmaker" debuts tonight? Or will they wait for Big Bu$$y

i think it will be a cliffhanger in the overrun where chuckie t and trent beretta are walking down a hallway backstage and find a coin on the floor, and the episode ends right as chuck is saying “holy s-“

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
kinda wish the new stage leak was spoilered :\

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Really hope he gets to keep Dance Away. Partially because it’s a great theme and partly because it would be really funny for Bobby Fish to lose his ROH singles theme that he had even before teaming with Kylo

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

yea ok posted:

I think Big Business is likely but I'm interested to see who he starts off facing off with. I think he'd fit in pretty well going after Roddy in the International scene and would give him a good flashy "this guy is a big deal" sign pointing at his head. or Ricky Starks would be good too I think. many such options!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Okada will either be there or will be teased for Big Bu$$in

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Why is Collision on Thursday this week? Or are they just taping tomorrow to air it on Friday for some reason?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Coaaab posted:

badass picture

I like every single person in this pic watching darby

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Majinfoose posted:

Relegated to Collision to pop the ratings over there

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Majinfoose posted:

My favorite instance of this:
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx6-N2VU-ej7A7HOhk8yWHzsPyRVAIcv7k?si=aY4z2gLDU41JrwqC

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

yea ok posted:

My suspicion is that Okada appears at the end of Jay White/Darby Allin. I'm not sure what makes me think that other than the tetraminos falling into place from a booking perspective.

1) Jay White and Okada have history.
2) Jay's really been spinning his wheels loving around with the midcard comedy acts for the last few months. He is the guy who most needs a big program to get back on track, so to speak. The last time Jay White seemed to be an afterthought he turned into a central piece of Collision.
3) Jay's match with Darby, his first singles match in months that I'm aware of, was announced almost two weeks before a big Dynamite where somebody big is absolutely debuting. The match has no context or reason to be the first match announced for the card.

Bard Maddox posted:

I think Big Business is likely but I'm interested to see who he starts off facing off with. I think he'd fit in pretty well going after Roddy in the International scene and would give him a good flashy "this guy is a big deal" sign pointing at his head. or Ricky Starks would be good too I think. many such options!

Roddy needs to beat up some jabronis. Tony didn't put the title of him just to drop it to Okada right away. At least I don't think he did.
You know it's crazy to think that Roddy might be the worst wrestler to ever hold the international championship. I mean I should really say 'least best' but yeah the other 4 champs were PAC, OC, Mox and Rey Fenix.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 6, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

big bidniz surely

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

explosivo posted:

Pleasantly surprised to hear this was rehearsed and not darby just winging it

lol now I'm imagining Darby actually doing the dive in rehearsal. All those cuts were from doing it twice :v:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

big bidniz surely

I think so too...but what a way to kick off the new Season

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

Giant dancing AR Daniel Garcia floating over the crowd.
The audience will be issued special glasses to see it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

lol now I'm imagining Darby actually doing the dive in rehearsal

remember codys flakey back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

I think so too...but what a way to kick off the new Season

i think the buzz after Revo should be enough... maybe a big promo from Willow Spray...