Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Crazy if you don't think RR vs Holm wouldn't rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

eric posted:

Ufc should have made a 145 division for cyborg the second they acquired invicta. She'd probably be a star too and they don't seem to have a problem with 135 having zero challengers for rousey.

Why? There are three 145 lb fighters and one of them is Vince McMahon's wet dream. It's not like Cyborg was some major draw when she wasn't fighting Carano.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

eric posted:

Ufc should have made a 145 division for cyborg the second they acquired invicta. She'd probably be a star too and they don't seem to have a problem with 135 having zero challengers for rousey.

Women's featherweight is even more devoid of fighters than women's bantamweight.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is the GDT for dragon gate now

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

The Sphinxster posted:

It does matter. Beating Ronda Rousey seems to mean not getting hosed real bad on the ground.

Bethe Correia would get hosed real bad on the ground, or anywhere else the fight goes.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Conor's head movement is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPTM2ouZL1o

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
haha what a weird coincidence that is

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dr. Abysmal posted:

She spent some time in Shayna Baszler's high guard but wasn't really threatened by anything. She took Kedzie down once but nothing happened, and the fight with Duke went to the ground a few times but again nothing really happened aside from Joe Rogan getting excited about Duke going into mission control. I don't know anything about her pre-UFC career though.

That's not very encouraging.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ninja PD posted:

Because we get to see Ronda break her record? Sure.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Ninja PD posted:

It'd be a public execution. Tell me anything you saw from Holm that you think makes her a top 10 WBW fighter.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

It'd be a public execution. Tell me anything you saw from Holm that you think makes her a top 10 WBW fighter.

Winning the same amount of UFC fights as 3 of the current top 10?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
By split decision over Raquel Pennington, where she was figured out and lost the 3rd.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Robophile posted:

To summon back the fire witch, to the court of the Crimson Kiiiiiiiiiiiiing

I like you

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

By split decision over Raquel Pennington, where she was figured out and lost the 3rd.

Top 10 in the women's bantamweight division is not a high bar

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

All I found out about Holly Holm tonight was . . . AISH! AISH! AISH!

fatherdog posted:

On the other hand, AISH!

LobsterMobster posted:

JAKE FUCKIN SHIELDS HOLLY FUCKIN HOLM

EMBRACE THE AISH

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

P4P best AISH in the business.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Robophile posted:

Holy poo poo well done

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

I am going to put in a vote for the underdog and say that Cat will beat Rousey, in a probably long and drawn out match.

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh so all this hype and buildup was for less than 10 seconds? well this certainly was a tremendous waste of time and I really regret it. whatever interest I had in watching UFC started and ended in one evening.

lol loving dumbass

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
How were all the fights

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

How were all the fights

Quite good. Aside from a weird prelim fight that ended by eye poke & a so-so co-main it would have been a solid choice for card of the year.

DON RAPER
Jan 1, 2011

Let me ask you something
what do women want?
WMMA is really bad

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Tsh, Tyson in his prime didn't care about your jabs. He'd weave around so much you'd never hit him, and once he got close you were dead. Guy had a great defense that no one paid much attention to since it led to swarming and heads being punched off.

Anywho, Ronda is pretty neat.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Apparently Zingano got $100,000 for the fight, which is at least some consolation, and would make a hilariously high hourly rate.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Wazzu posted:

Apparently Zingano got $100,000 for the fight, which is at least some consolation, and would make a hilariously high hourly rate.

If there is justice in the world, this is it. The theory that everyone goes through three bad things to get one good thing might be sorta, kinda solved if this is the case. Cat deserves and flying kneeds a break... I mean needs. Sorry.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
After tonight is it pretty much set that the only remaining opponent for Ronda is Cyborg?
I mean, how much of an absolute nightmare could that possibly be for the UFC? You have the very literal definition of a Steroid Monster you're bringing in to fight your champion. As in, to look at Cyborg - at a mere glance - is to define female steroid abuse.
What the holy hell is the mainstream media going to say about this once they get a look at Cyborg? The only rational reaction is 'holy poo poo that's a man'. But it's not so... yeah...
UFC 1XX - It's Come to This...

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

acejackson42 posted:

After tonight is it pretty much set that the only remaining opponent for Ronda is Cyborg?
I mean, how much of an absolute nightmare could that possibly be for the UFC? You have the very literal definition of a Steroid Monster you're bringing in to fight your champion. As in, to look at Cyborg - at a mere glance - is to define female steroid abuse.
What the holy hell is the mainstream media going to say about this once they get a look at Cyborg? The only rational reaction is 'holy poo poo that's a man'. But it's not so... yeah...
UFC 1XX - It's Come to This...

Viable opponents might come in the next few years, possibly. I think she'll be well remembered as the benchmark that made women want to be as good as her, inspiring the next generation.

Gina Carano won't happen, but would probably be a big money fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're not all going to end within a minute or two, naturally, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cyborg lost in the first and I'd be extremely surprised if Carano made it past the first minute round considering her lengthy hiatus.

It's insane how much better Ronda is than everyone, and I hope that inspires some other women to get on her level too.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

are my eyes hosed up or is holm not dressed in orange?

from this other camera though:

boom, orange. what?

google image search shows orange

niethan fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Mar 1, 2015

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Holy loving poo poo let's not drag that dress-colour megameme poo poo into the UFC threads

e:vvv it's pathetic how even that gets me pumped for McGregor-Aldo. If Ireland win the 6 Nations and Conor takes the title, it'll be a good year for the lads. (Maybe some cricket too?)

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 1, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He posted "Slipped that hat" on twitter, so that's what he meant.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Robophile posted:

lmao

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Wazzu posted:

I wonder how much Rousey got? Her last 2 fights = 30 seconds.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ronda owns. She's so obviously on a whole other level compared to the other female MMA veterans. Hopefully she inspires some young girls to get into MMA so we get more top tier fighters like Ronda in the future

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

argondamn posted:

Holy poo poo.

canti32 posted:

what is going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
No one but hardcore fans have any idea who Cyborg is and she barely speaks english so she'd be doing little to no promotion; I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's this big money fight the UFC has to put together. Ronda vs any random W135 would do just as well, and Ronda vs Carano (which also probably isn't happening) would do much better.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
nobody but hardcore fans have any idea who anybody other than Ronda is, but at least Cyborg is easier to promote than most because there's footage of her winning impressively instead of taking a boxercise class with Rin Nakai or whatever

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Dangersim posted:

I take that back, no one exposed GSP.

Willie_Dee tried

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

and in that car, all of Cat Zingano's hopes and dreams

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Cyborg doesn't have to talk she just needs to be on Camera. She's the Ivan Drago of this generation.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Holy loving poo poo let's not drag that dress-colour megameme poo poo into the UFC threads

e:vvv it's pathetic how even that gets me pumped for McGregor-Aldo. If Ireland win the 6 Nations and Conor takes the title, it'll be a good year for the lads. (Maybe some cricket too?)

this isnt even about colors of dresses im being serious are the ufc cameras often so weird?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

It wasn't just the cameras, since even the "Orange" digital overlay was pink.

Maybe they wanted to make Holm's skin look less overly tanned.

• Locked thread