Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

shiksa posted:

i really, honestly, do think that cousins can be a starter in the NFL for awhile, the 2nd half of the season has been pretty good for him. I wouldn't call him the 2nd best QB of his class until luck regresses some more from being on the most short-sighted team in the NFL, but i'd say he's easily third at the moment behind him and wilson.

This is his fourth year in the league and he keeps doing stuff like that Kyle Fuller pick and that abomination of a throw to Jordan Reed/Matt Jones. He's a below average quarterback that has it in him to throw the team out of a game and I don't understand why there is a conversation about giving him an extension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

NC-17 posted:

The 2007 and 2011 Giants had stellar to good defenses and an offense that got hot at just the right time. Only one of those things is true this year.

the 2011 Giants are the only team in NFL history to win the superbowl with a team defense and team running game ranked 25th or worse.

Their defense was dogshit that year and they were singlehandedly carried to the playoffs by a 5k yard passer who played out of his mind all year.

Now of course their defense got their act together once the playoffs started, but they were bad bad bad until then. They didn't generate pressure and couldn't stop the pass either with a raw JPP and washed up Justin Tuck and Osi.

Can this year's defense have that turnaround if they magically make the playoffs? Well no. But it's still fun to imagine it happening!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

commy gun posted:

This is his fourth year in the league and he keeps doing stuff like that Kyle Fuller pick and that abomination of a throw to Jordan Reed/Matt Jones. He's a below average quarterback that has it in him to throw the team out of a game and I don't understand why there is a conversation about giving him an extension.

i mean he's still a work in progress, but this is still his first season starting. Yeah, he makes some bad decisions sometimes, but every quarterback in the league does. Look at Brady against the Eagles, he did a lot of dumb poo poo in that game and he's possibly the greatest QB of all time. What's a better option for QB moving forward? Drafting in a weak class? Getting 2-3 years out of Brees before he goes into decline? Getting someone else's backup and hoping they turn out like Tyrod?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

shiksa posted:

i mean he's still a work in progress, but this is still his first season starting. Yeah, he makes some bad decisions sometimes, but every quarterback in the league does. Look at Brady against the Eagles, he did a lot of dumb poo poo in that game and he's possibly the greatest QB of all time. What's a better option for QB moving forward? Drafting in a weak class? Getting 2-3 years out of Brees before he goes into decline? Getting someone else's backup and hoping they turn out like Tyrod?

Getting anything out of anyone instead of wasting your time with a QB who sucks and isn't going to magically get better.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Menamino posted:

the 2011 Giants are the only team in NFL history to win the superbowl with a team defense and team running game ranked 25th or worse.

Their defense was dogshit that year and they were singlehandedly carried to the playoffs by a 5k yard passer who played out of his mind all year.

Now of course their defense got their act together once the playoffs started, but they were bad bad bad until then. They didn't generate pressure and couldn't stop the pass either with a raw JPP and washed up Justin Tuck and Osi.

Can this year's defense have that turnaround if they magically make the playoffs? Well no. But it's still fun to imagine it happening!

Our running game wasn't just 25th or worse, it was loving dead last. DEAD LAST.

But even at their worst the defense in 2011 still felt better than whatever we are trotting onto the field now. At least back then we had safeties. I miss you Rolle & KennyP.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

That Works posted:

Getting anything out of anyone instead of wasting your time with a QB who sucks and isn't going to magically get better.

i mean i'll admit i'm bullish on kirk because i want to see at least a nod towards consistency in this loving franchise, but cmon now. since week 7, kirk's got a 12:3 TD:INT ratio, only been under 69% completion rate once (against a then-undefeated Patriots team), and has averaged 314 yards passing per game. Oh, and that's with the team averaging 98 yards rushing over that stretch, with 205 coming against the saints where the 2nd half was essentially garbage time. He's actually tied at first on the team for rushing touchdowns with Matt Jones at three.

Sorry, I just don't see all these better options hanging out, I'm not going to be bummed if Brees does come over, but that's such a patented Snyder move that's sure to fail I just don't think there's a chance it'd work.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I think giving a QB 2 seasons of starting work is fair.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
If the Redskins are bringing back the coward Jay Gruden they might as well keep the QB he didn't want to play over Colt.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Chilichimp posted:

NFL Officiating.... how does it work?

This was somehow a 1st down.

https://twitter.com/Rideeout_/status/676120676613431296

This is the problem with NFL fans, this team gets destroyed and your complaining about a first down?
Also i can't see the freaking ball in this video. At least show us one of the ten super obvious mistakes the refs make every week.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

chilihead posted:

This is the problem with NFL fans, this team gets destroyed and your complaining about a first down?
Also i can't see the freaking ball in this video. At least show us one of the ten super obvious mistakes the refs make every week.

Also that yellow line is not official.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

JT Jag posted:

:agreed:

People in Debate and Discussion hate me because of this (because I don't block people and quote people lots of other people have blocked)

Stop quoting Fishmech you bastard

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

why would anyone post in d&d.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NC-17 posted:

Also that yellow line is not official.

I mean assuming the first down is somewhere in front of the line of scrimmage that's still a pretty hard sell.

Meaningless in the end but still a fuckup :shrug:

Nov 6, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Meaningless in the end but still a fuckup :shrug:

True Falcons football.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm an unemployed Political Science major

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

JT Jag posted:

I say there old bean

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

JT Jag posted:

department of redundancy department

Nov 6, 2002

PrinceRandom posted:

The same reason people watch Fox. To have their opinions validated in an echo chamber.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

department of redundancy department
Harsh but fair

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Febreeze posted:

Our running game wasn't just 25th or worse, it was loving dead last. DEAD LAST.

But even at their worst the defense in 2011 still felt better than whatever we are trotting onto the field now. At least back then we had safeties. I miss you Rolle & KennyP.

2011 was a weird season because the best teams in the nfl were so great offensively that it masked how incompetent they were on defense

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I think we beat the colts is my take of the week

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

PrinceRandom posted:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

NC-17 posted:

The same reason people watch Fox. To have their opinions validated in an echo chamber.

Then d&d is the worst place to post if you want that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

d&d is the worst place to post for a lot of reasons lol

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

PrinceRandom posted:

we beat the poo poo out of the colts is my take of last week

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tremendous Taste posted:

d&d is the worst place to post for a lot of reasons lol

It's fine, if you don't want to talk politics you won't get much out of it, but this is true for most forums.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

PrinceRandom posted:

Trolling

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I like the music forum

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bring back cellphone shack

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

My favorite post about d&d was where that guy said there's no reason to debate things anymore cause they already were talked about before.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
viva LF

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
It's good to have discussion about certain topics, I feel.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Bring back BTB and NMP3s

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

It's good to have discussion about certain topics, I feel.

Like football.

Especially in a football thread.

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Bring back BTB and NMP3s

Did we have those in 2003? I don't remember

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

corsair posted:

Did we have those in 2003? I don't remember

The left in 2005.

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

The left in 2005.

Thanks!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yeah, BTB, NMP3s and SADCHUB and I was the king of free media in my dorm freshman year in 2004-05

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
*pours one out for the dearly departed DPPH*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My take away last week is that life is suffering that may end when you die but also maybe not.

LF during the first Obama(ilure) primary was the single best experience I've had online by a wiiiide margin.

• Locked thread