Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

it's like the transformation scene in american werewolf in london but more disturbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
There has to be a point where Flair changed from the Nature Boy to an old frail man in a tacky bathrobe. It's similar to how it looks when Undertaker tries to wear his old outfits and it kinda happened gradually, but there's gotta be a moment that has people go "No, this doesn't work anymore."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grendels Dad posted:

There has to be a point where Flair changed from the Nature Boy to an old frail man in a tacky bathrobe. It's similar to how it looks when Undertaker tries to wear his old outfits and it kinda happened gradually, but there's gotta be a moment that has people go "No, this doesn't work anymore."

As someone put it, it's at least thematically fitting for his whole gimmick. Just another case of the kayfabe taking over his personality until there's nothing resembling a functional, sensible human being left anymore.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Maybe I'm way off base but i remember Flair still looking pretty good, vital, aging surprisingly well until reid died, after which Rick packed on like 25 years in a 2 year period

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

It may have been earlier than this but this was absolutely one place where the transition had happened

https://youtu.be/IqguMTwHEuE

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

This was on TV

lol

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Woo! I’m a boner pillin’! Woo! Mortgage shillin’ woo! Bankrupt! Woo! Alcoholic!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Woo! I’m a boner pillin’! Woo! Mortgage shillin’ woo! Bankrupt! Woo! Alcoholic!

lol

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I'm amazed that Flair didn't just explode into a cloud of bonerpill dust the moment he hit the mat after that superplex.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hiring someone known for sexual assault as the spokesperson for your boner pill company is certainly a choice.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Hiring someone known for sexual assault as the spokesperson for your boner pill company is certainly a choice.

Ooooo, shameful lol

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Sometimes YouTube just gives you gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN0n90Qnn0w

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

AlmightyBob posted:

it's like the transformation scene in american werewolf in london but more disturbing

That's not Were to Flair!

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9FO8tBf59I

What more needs to be said? Is this not the ur-wrestling promo?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I had a monster #2 this morning

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I had a monster #2 this morning

“Did ja give it wanna dese?! And wanna dese?!”

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Happy May Nineteenth everyone

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Kane's mayoral race opponents clearly didn't do any oppo research, the May 19th file alone would sink any candidate.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Trump was president

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Elephant Ambush posted:

Trump was president

lol

...........wait.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Trump worked himself into the biggest shoot of them all.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Trump worked himself into the biggest shoot of them all.

I said it in his thread the other day

Just do the limo explosion amnesia storyline, cover for his dementia

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

Sometimes YouTube just gives you gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN0n90Qnn0w

Pretty sure that host is Jonathan "J-Roc" Torrens, the white rapper man from Trailer Park Boys.

EDIT: Oh, it says that in the video description.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1793147162181673350

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

More like 6 feet in her, am I rite?

Blue Chew? More like Blow Chow.

Why was there never a wrestler with a stand up comedian gimmick?

edit: Limp Blue Line.

The jokes write themselves.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Hulkster never had a problem laying the pipe, brother. Ask Heather Clem.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bonzo posted:

Why was there never a wrestler with a stand up comedian gimmick?

Above Average Mike Sanders became a standup.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

The Hulkster never had a problem laying the pipe, brother. Ask Heather Clem.

:lol:

I was a full time BTLS listener back and then and remember Hogan calling in 2 or 3 times a week, for an hour or more, just talking about Linda and her lawyer, etc. I'm tempted to go back and listen knowing what we know now but I'm not sure it's worth it. Bubba's show has NOT aged well either.

When they revealed who released the tape, (Spiceboy, a protege of Bubba) I was not shocked at all. I'm kinda surprised more of that collection has never seen light of day.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mick foley knocking bubba the love spong out live with a real punch instead of pulling his punch because he hated bubba was cool

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bubba the love sponge trying to blackmail the hulkster with the saddest sex tape ever and inadvertently destroying gawker instead was pretty funny

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

"shouldn't have had that sushi"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

WoodrowSkillson posted:

"shouldn't have had that sushi"

he was just so sad

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

If anyone cares, Bubba fell pretty hard and lost everything. Even those around him got pulled in which resulted in a lawyer being disbarred and a doctor loosing his practise. My guess is his remaining listeners tune in when Joe Rogan is on vacation.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bonzo posted:

If anyone cares, Bubba fell pretty hard and lost everything. Even those around him got pulled in which resulted in a lawyer being disbarred and a doctor loosing his practise. My guess is his remaining listeners tune in when Joe Rogan is on vacation.

that rules

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Just read through this thread and enjoyed all the stories. I want more!

I know a lot of wrestlers write books, and there are a ton of of podcasts out there but who has the best stories?

I watched in the 80s-200???. I remember hating the new OVW class and Eddie dying, but I don’t remember ECW being pseudo recreated and I vaguely remember the Benoit stuff but that crossed into the mainstream.

Anyways, when I was in high school I trolled Steve Corino so hard that he talked poo poo about me in his next interview. I went to high school with Kofi Kingston but I didn’t know him. That’s all I got

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mick foley knocking bubba the love spong out live with a real punch instead of pulling his punch because he hated bubba was cool

Foley's not the only wrestler to beat up Bubba the Love Sponge. After being really racist on his show, he got beat up by Awesome Kong, in what Hogan described as one of the worst backstage fights he's ever seen.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Maigius posted:

Foley's not the only wrestler to beat up Bubba the Love Sponge. After being really racist on his show, he got beat up by Awesome Kong, in what Hogan described as one of the worst backstage fights he's ever seen.

lol

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

ok is there anyone involved with wrestling that hasn't worked themselves into a shoot?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Maigius posted:

I'd be interested to hear more about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'd be interested to hear more about this

https://youtu.be/AfVoALIWxyY