Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Spoondick posted:

we had a large spike in cases at the end of august because college students came back, that spike has now subsided so they're reopening primary schools with a hybrid schedule of 2 hours in person, 2 hours online with staggered schedules to halve students on campus... not sure how it's going to work out for virus transmission but 7 months of social isolation has been really rough on my kids

This sudden push to open up for "second quarter" is loving insane. Half a year of local politicians and school boards talking about the important of metrics and trusting science and etc , then bam, gently caress all that open up baby but let's just say it's woke so no one can blame us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

gradenko_2000 posted:

COVID is going to kick off the West's Century of Humiliation

G O O D

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nocturtle posted:

This image in particular is a great refutation that any type of economic recovery was ever possible without controlling the pandemic:

Not to get all geopolitics, but it's amazing how thoroughly the west is getting crushed by this virus while China is back to business. And this is only the beginning, it's going to drag out for at least another 2-4 years.

the official line is that china and the other asian countries are doctoring their statistics

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
My friend is flying to a 200 person wedding. He said everyone is going to have masks, but what about the reception?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Your friend is a grade A idiot. Make sure not to meet him for 14 days after he comes back.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hopper posted:

Your friend is a grade A idiot. Make sure not to meet him for 14 days after he comes back.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

airports were notorious for making you sick BEFORE corona

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

mastershakeman posted:

How come your glasses don't work? I've been considering getting this model off eBay but haven't yet

It covers more of my face than I expected. The top of the mask is about level with the corners of my eyes. There's just no room at all for my chunky plastic frame nerd glasses, and barely enough room for the nose strap on the swim goggles.

Edit: Maybe I just have a small face, idk. Just wanted to share the issue I had with it, and how I resolved it, in case anyone else has the same problem

snake and bake has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Oct 18, 2020

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Hopper posted:

Yeah, he's my best friend and I haven't seen him since March. 🤷‍♂️

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

PookBear posted:

airports were notorious for making you sick BEFORE corona

lol emergen-c

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my glasses don't sit properly when I wear cloth masks or N95s but what can ya do

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shear Modulus posted:

the official line is that china and the other asian countries are doctoring their statistics

At least locally you can tell if a politician is republican, because they poo poo talk china's handling of the rona in their campaign ads

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

snoo posted:

my glasses don't sit properly when I wear cloth masks or N95s but what can ya do

open er up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1317849521691402240?s=19

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:rip:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1317866436489072643?s=19

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

why is it lower in the states with higher population density

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

inferis posted:

Great question OP what's suburbs

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Viruses win! gg humanity.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

+nice

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

COVID is going to kick off the West's Century of Humiliation

Bold of you to assume we have a century. Or that nuclear weapons don't change the calculus on that one. Also, China still has it's farming problems, which they still need to figure out.

This is going to be the century of poo poo. Strap in as 40-80% of us die off.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Spoondick posted:

we had a large spike in cases at the end of august because college students came back, that spike has now subsided so they're reopening primary schools with a hybrid schedule of 2 hours in person, 2 hours online with staggered schedules to halve students on campus... not sure how it's going to work out for virus transmission but 7 months of social isolation has been really rough on my kids

im sure it’ll be fine the virus is a hoax

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nocturtle posted:

This image in particular is a great refutation that any type of economic recovery was ever possible without controlling the pandemic:

Not to get all geopolitics, but it's amazing how thoroughly the west is getting crushed by this virus while China is back to business. And this is only the beginning, it's going to drag out for at least another 2-4 years.

I love the top right there.

"More deaths, small economic hit"

Completely empty.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

trending poorly, thank you!

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
wow id sure hate to live in that country rn

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
wait... WHAT? and GUMMEL BRUP is PRESIDENT??

:shittypop:

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1027266105797238791?s=20

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

seattle plague rat posted:

trending poorly, thank you!

If there was no testing, we'd be trending tremendously well!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

inferis posted:

It's not really. It's less bad in the blue states that had it the worst because we've opened up more slowly, so we're still earlier in our "poo poo's hosed" curves.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah NY will be joining the Red Wave in a month or so, based on every early warning metric being completely ignored and the Open Er Up policies expanding more slowly than our neighbors

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

seattle plague rat posted:

wait... WHAT? and GUMMEL BRUP is PRESIDENT??

:shittypop:

This poo poo is so obnoxious. Keep it in the lovely trump thread

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Shear Modulus posted:

I think they're doctoring their people.

Imagine, a country where if you have a dangerous infectious disease, you get care instead of going bankrupt for admitting you're sick.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

vote!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Isn't California suppressing their testing cutting back on their testing like other clearly-in-good-shape states like Texas, Floridda, New York (again), etc.? :thunk:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

snoo posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Horseshoe theory posted:

Isn't California suppressing their testing cutting back on their testing like other clearly-in-good-shape states like Texas, Floridda, New York (again), etc.? :thunk:

how else are you going to reduce cases?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Spoondick posted:

:smith::hf::smith: kid having buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

err posted:

Yeah, he's my best friend and I haven't seen him since March. 🤷‍♂️

I am sorry, that must really suck. Fortunately for me my best friend and his wife are just as careful as we are so I get to see my goddaughter every week because we only see each other usually. And if we don't we make sure to wait several days before meeting again.