Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
For me seeing the X's falling off people's faces enmass was beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

ok Broccoli with the hitler-stache is the single greatest panel in the entire series

My immediate thought was actually Chaplin, not Hitler, what with the movie theme and all. v:shobon:v

Kaja Rainbow posted:

For me seeing the X's falling off people's faces enmass was beautiful.

It was really cathartic. :unsmith:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I'm glad this manga is ending soon.

though I really want ishida and nishimiya to become a couple i doubt it will happen

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
There's always doujin, I guess.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

There's always doujin, I guess.

baka

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, Ueno will win after all. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SSNeoman posted:

Yeah, Ueno will win after all. :(

If this happens I might just never read another manga again.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 58

In which someone acts like a tremendous rear end in a top hat and the group bands together in response.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Haha fuuuck I thought it was a flashforward fantasy/nightmare for a second but they actually said those things.
Glad everyone soldiered up and had happy meals instead.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Wow what a total loving douche! How does this manga keep coming up with the worst characters!? Screw you rear end in a top hat movie guy :argh: :argh: :argh:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Urgh, that was a lot more brutal than I was expecting. Good chapter though. Gonna be sad when this is gone in a couple of weeks, I hope it has a good conclusion!

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Jeeze pretty rough for a children's film contest.

If anyone was still interested in the real world locations used in this one:

The road bridge they cross on page 3 can be seen here

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The end of this chapter was super sweet :3:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
So at the end everyone's gonna make a new time to meet up and then it's just a boy and the girl alone again, yeah?

Gonna set up a smoochin' pool, taking bets.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It would've been funny if Shoya had woken up only to find himself blinded due to neurological damage from his injury. :v:

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

DrSunshine posted:

It would've been funny if Shoya had woken up only to find himself blinded due to neurological damage from his injury. :v:

A manga about a blind Mangaka Cinematographer and his deaf girlfriend? Now that's just silly Yeah, kidding, can't hear, can't see but love is great

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
See No Evil, Hear No Evil is pretty great, too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

NowonSA posted:

Urgh, that was a lot more brutal than I was expecting. Good chapter though. Gonna be sad when this is gone in a couple of weeks, I hope it has a good conclusion!

I usually follow series that are already over, or lose interest before they finish. It feels weird that I know that this is ending when I'm following it.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Yay to making high school friends just in time to lose all of them to graduation!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
The best part is all the people crying about how the series is now poo poo and the ending will be awful under the guise of "AN OPEN END WOULD JUST BE GENERIC TRYHARD MATURE poo poo" when in reality they're just shippers mad that we probably won't get a "happily ever after" Shouya x Shouko ending.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's me, I'm the mad shipper.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those mad shippers, shipping characters who literally said they like each other, when will they be stopped?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll never hope that two characters will fall in love in a romance manga again, lest I be a shipper.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
It is incredibly adorable that he doesn't know why he's upset. It's pretty obvious he's going to find something to do in Tokyo so the gang can stick together.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Shere posted:

It is incredibly adorable that he doesn't know why he's upset. It's pretty obvious he's going to find something to do in Tokyo so the gang can stick together.

He's going to befriend a fat nerd and start studying fringe science after changing his name to Hououin Kyouma.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

There's a difference between wanting see two characters get together and retroactively declaring the entire work poo poo because we didn't get a future epilogue with them married and their 2.5 kids.

Shouya's obviously going to realize his feelings and confess but it's most likely also going to end on an open note of "heading towards the uncertain future" since she's going to Tokyo and who knows if their relationship would actually be able to survive. Which is fine because the entire point of the series is learning to understand one another (and themselves) and the characters getting over the past so they can start living for the future, whatever the future may be and not Shouya and Shouko getting a neatly wrapped up happing ending where they're together forever.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ishida and shouko will fall in love and kiss, if not in this manga then my fanfiction, which i will then share with this thread

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who exactly are all these people suddenly declaring the series poo poo?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Suben posted:

There's a difference between wanting see two characters get together and retroactively declaring the entire work poo poo because we didn't get a future epilogue with them married and their 2.5 kids.

Shouya's obviously going to realize his feelings and confess but it's most likely also going to end on an open note of "heading towards the uncertain future" since she's going to Tokyo and who knows if their relationship would actually be able to survive. Which is fine because the entire point of the series is learning to understand one another (and themselves) and the characters getting over the past so they can start living for the future, whatever the future may be and not Shouya and Shouko getting a neatly wrapped up happing ending where they're together forever.

Or you know, Shouya could just go with her.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cake Attack posted:

ishida and shouko will fall in love and kiss, if not in this manga then my fanfiction, which i will then share with this thread

Godspeed, you are my hero.:madmax:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I hope they don't get together.

I think it's an excellent manga overall, but I'm disappointed there weren't more chapters from Nishimiya's POV. I understand it's tricky to do fluid dialogue with her and Ishida since he doesn't sign well enough yet, but I feel like her characterisation could've been more in depth.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That said, the chapters that did focus on her POV were pretty powerful.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Cake Attack posted:

you are my favorite poster.

And yeah, the nishimiya chapters were pretty rad.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Captain Invictus posted:

That said, the chapters that did focus on her POV were pretty powerful.
Yeah, exactly - I wanted more. A chapter focusing on her interactions with other deaf people would've been really cool.

Perhaps having her somewhat distanced is an intentional choice, though?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

sometimes its hard not being an rear end in a top hat when that was your default for such a long time.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i'm hoping ishida-kun mans the gently caress up and holds her hand

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Suben posted:

The best part is all the people crying about how the series is now poo poo and the ending will be awful under the guise of "AN OPEN END WOULD JUST BE GENERIC TRYHARD MATURE poo poo" when in reality they're just shippers mad that we probably won't get a "happily ever after" Shouya x Shouko ending.

I don't recall ever hiding the fact I basically demand a Ishida x Nishimiya ending.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Suben posted:

Are you talking about a different thread?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

LaTex Fetish posted:

i'm hoping ishida-kun mans the gently caress up and holds her hand

How lewd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I enjoy the "Oh, Ishida, you goof" expressions by both Yuzura and Ishida's mom in this chapter.

• Locked thread