Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

xeria posted:

Feels weird to say there might actually be talent on the Jaguars, at least offensively, after all these years of the Leftwich/Garrard/Gabbert/Henne show (to say nothing of MATT JONES).

Please fix the loving defense for when they face off against teams not trotting out an 800 year old QB, though.
The worst part is that if we had a pass rush , we've got a solid group at LB led by Poz and Telvin Smith, and a couple of good coverage corners in House and Colvin. Safeties are a bit suspect, but I wouldn't wanna get hit by Cyprien.

It's hard to play defense when the QB has all day to throw, and it shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

TSBX posted:

The worst part is that if we had a pass rush , we've got a solid group at LB led by Poz and Telvin Smith, and a couple of good coverage corners in House and Colvin. Safeties are a bit suspect, but I wouldn't wanna get hit by Cyprien.

It's hard to play defense when the QB has all day to throw, and it shows.
Pass rush and free safety are the big areas that need improvement, yeah.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

Pass rush and free safety are the big areas that need improvement, yeah.

Why didn't they draft a D-Lineman early?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
rip Dante Fowler Jr

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eifert Posting posted:

LF during the first Obama(ilure) primary was the single best experience I've had online by a wiiiide margin.

It truly was amazing. Probably wouldn't have aged well, but who knows? Politics is possibly even dumber, so I guess there's lots of fodder.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MechaFrogzilla posted:

It truly was amazing. Probably wouldn't have aged well, but who knows? Politics is possibly even dumber, so I guess there's lots of fodder.

LF pretty much devoured itself.

Autopsy-turveys LP was basically the funniest thread I've ever read.

I still follow the rhizzone, and it's amazing how many of the marquee LF posters all collapsed into serious schizophrenia. Like dm had a complete stress related breakdown and had to be institutionalized.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Interesting musings on the politics forum for 110 IQ shutins for sure. Anyone want to talk football here?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Eifert Posting posted:

Why didn't they draft a D-Lineman early?
We traded for an extra first round pick next year

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

African AIDS cum posted:

Interesting musings on the politics forum for 110 IQ shutins for sure. Anyone want to talk football here?

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

LF pretty much devoured itself.

Autopsy-turveys LP was basically the funniest thread I've ever read.

I still follow the rhizzone, and it's amazing how many of the marquee LF posters all collapsed into serious schizophrenia. Like dm had a complete stress related breakdown and had to be institutionalized.

That's because the rhizzone is a bunch of lovely weirdos ejected from other forums communities post SA for being lovely weirdos

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

African AIDS cum posted:

Nah, we'll just take a break from talking about football, like you did when the Seahawks looked like they were going to suck.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

three posted:

Okay, find an example of any player in the past year that has been fined for twisting multiple player's ankles after the play in an effort to injure them.

Burfict is a loving idiot. You saw his poo poo because he did it on the goal-line on a touchdown play where they are literally guaranteed to review the play. I watched all 22 on game-pass as a way to justify spending 250$ a year on it while I was in Korea and if you actually watch players after the tackle you'll see it a few times a game. I don't know what team you root for but if I cared enough I could find x defensive star on your team doing the same thing and .gif it. Burfict is a dirty player who is really bad at being subtle and teams know it, so if you watch Bengals games you'll see he's constantly being pushed after the whistle in an attempt to get a personal foul. They do that because he's a dumbass who will give it to them.

All that is just distinctions of a fan and, if you're using hyperbole you shouldn't and don't care about that. I'm pretty sure you're a Panthers fan, though and there's one thing you should resent. Roethlisberger put up a big stink and got national press over This hit on Ben, in traffic. Compare that to this:

An offensive player diving at the recently reconstructed knee of a defensive player away from the ball is a matter of course. There will be no review, no flag, no fine. There are absolutely no negative repercussions 99% of the time. The NFL is dirty as gently caress and for every thing you see there are umpteen examples that don't get attention. If you are a Panthers fan you have far more difference makers on defense who are subject to that sort of hit than Cam and Olsen making plays with the ball and the cameras on them.

TL:DR Football is dirty as gently caress as a rule and if you look away from the ball you can see questionable poo poo on nearly every play.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Burfict is a loving idiot. You saw his poo poo because he did it on the goal-line on a touchdown play where they are literally guaranteed to review the play. I watched all 22 on game-pass as a way to justify spending 250$ a year on it while I was in Korea and if you actually watch players after the tackle you'll see it a few times a game. I don't know what team you root for but if I cared enough I could find x defensive star on your team doing the same thing and .gif it. Burfict is a dirty player who is really bad at being subtle and teams know it, so if you watch Bengals games you'll see he's constantly being pushed after the whistle in an attempt to get a personal foul. They do that because he's a dumbass who will give it to them.

All that is just distinctions of a fan and, if you're using hyperbole you shouldn't and don't care about that. I'm pretty sure you're a Panthers fan, though and there's one thing you should resent. Roethlisberger put up a big stink and got national press over This hit on Ben, in traffic. Compare that to this:

An offensive player diving at the recently reconstructed knee of a defensive player away from the ball is a matter of course. There will be no review, no flag, no fine. There are absolutely no negative repercussions 99% of the time. The NFL is dirty as gently caress and for every thing you see there are umpteen examples that don't get attention. If you are a Panthers fan you have far more difference makers on defense who are subject to that sort of hit than Cam and Olsen making plays with the ball and the cameras on them.

TL:DR Football is dirty as gently caress as a rule and if you look away from the ball you can see questionable poo poo on nearly every play.

It's not like you don't have a point on some level but bruh

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Burfict is to the Bengals what James Harrison was/is to the Steelers or what Terrell Suggs is to the Ravens.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

Flikken posted:

Nah, we'll just take a break from talking about football, like you did when the Seahawks looked like they were going to suck.

He is right, though..

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

It's not like you don't have a point on some level but bruh

On some level? You know how easy this would be to fix? I work in staffing. You could offer 10 LA interns 10$ an hour or less to watch all-22 and look for examples like this during the regular season and you'd get twenty thousand resumes. In a multi billion dollar industry. That would make fines and suspensions for players, like Burfict, much more accurate. Maybe if there was ANY degree of equality in players not holding the ball being protected you'd get more d-linemen, defensive backs and linebackers actually buying into safety. As it is, surprise, receivers and Quarterbacks are the only people reliably benefiting from the crackdown and the only people who ever say anything positive on it.

I mean right now, in the year of our lord 2015, cut blocks are still legal in pro football. Chop blocks can still be made during running plays and it's totally cool. There is an absolute disparity in how positional players are protected. That's an academic fact.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Eifert Posting posted:

He knew the TE was coming across there, and it wasnt anywhere close to away from the play. That bump stopped Burfict from meeting the RB at the goal line.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Nothing wrong with a block like this. Linebackers get this literally every play

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

African AIDS cum posted:

Russell is cool, all others QBs drool

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

African AIDS cum posted:

murked

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

korrandark posted:

Burfict is to the Bengals what James Harrison was/is to the Steelers or what Terrell Suggs is to the Ravens.

this makes a lot of sense but remember y'all were pretty mad about some of the poo poo they did

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

this makes a lot of sense but remember y'all were pretty mad about some of the poo poo they did

I'm mad at them because they don't play for my team. James Harrison loving owned last year but now he's a bad person again and I hate him!!!!!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Like seriously I was so jealous when I'd whine about Hines Ward or whatever and Steelers fans got to post "yeah whatever he owns deal with it" and now you better loving believe I'm taking the opportunity to do that myself

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

They're like the guys in hockey whose sole job is to beat the poo poo out of the star player or pick fights with people. It's what they do and they're really good at it. Fans will either love them or hate them depending on which side they're are on.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm more than pretty mad at Burfict. He's arguably the most important player on the defense (Only player close is Atkins). Him being one play away from a suspension and generating 300 yards in personal fouls a year is huge. The way he tackles also is half the reason he's constantly hurt. He was even in and out of the game last Sunday with a neck. I get more mad at Burfict being a shitlord than I do when, say, DeCastro tries to remove Wallace Gillberry's eyes after a play or Mike Mitchell spears Eifert with his helmet and celebrates even though he gave up the catch. Burfict's nonsense is ultimately more of an issue over the course of a year.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm more than pretty mad at Burfict. He's arguably the most important player on the defense (Only player close is Atkins). Him being one play away from a suspension and generating 300 yards in personal fouls a year is huge. The way he tackles also is half the reason he's constantly hurt. He was even in and out of the game last Sunday with a neck. I get more mad at Burfict being a shitlord than I do when, say, DeCastro tries to remove Wallace Gillberry's eyes after a play or Mike Mitchell spears Eifert with his helmet and celebrates even though he gave up the catch. Burfict's nonsense is ultimately more of an issue over the course of a year.

The curse of Flacco's dick

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I watch a fair amount of PAC-12 football and remember Burfict being just hilarious in college. He had such a reputation for being a hotheaded dumbass that other teams would actively try to bait him into personal fouls. It seems kinda mean, but it would work every. Single. Game. So talented, but I think he honestly made ASU an easier team to play.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
You guys should get elite and clean LBs like Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis. They can play the game the right way and still be better than all of your LBs.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

three posted:

You guys should get elite and clean LBs like Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis. They can play the game the right way and still be better than all of your LBs.

Oh word? Do they have cool dogs too?

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Oh word? Do they have cool dogs too?

Dunno, Burfict's dog is cool as gently caress, though.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Like seriously I was so jealous when I'd whine about Hines Ward or whatever and Steelers fans got to post "yeah whatever he owns deal with it" and now you better loving believe I'm taking the opportunity to do that myself

i don't think i'm actually jealous of burfict but the rest is reasonable to me. frankly, it's a lot more palatable than earnest "no you" arguments about who plays dirtier

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MechaFrogzilla posted:

I watch a fair amount of PAC-12 football and remember Burfict being just hilarious in college. He had such a reputation for being a hotheaded dumbass that other teams would actively try to bait him into personal fouls. It seems kinda mean, but it would work every. Single. Game. So talented, but I think he honestly made ASU an easier team to play.

Now it works 33% of the time. Baby steps.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

MechaFrogzilla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvcsffTQojI

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Burfict is dirty and cooler than all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Speak for yourself baby.

• Locked thread