Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah the NFL+ Redzone worked mostly well for me. The audio timing was a good second or two ahead of the video, plus I had to stop it and refresh the page then restart it like once an hour because it would start to stutter. It was odd hearing an announcer say "what a great catch" when the ball was still in the air and that kind of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

Glad to see NFL+ Premium Redzone works well, I’ll definitely sign up for that the moment I’m staying at home for a Sunday.

Went to my friend’s house who just got a shiny new Sunday Ticket package and that bad boy paused and buffered a handful of times and was a solid 3 minutes behind the TV we had playing via OTA antenna.

I didn't get to watch but the claim is there was only a 20 second delay, which is much better than it was on Directv. https://cordcuttersnews.com/after-fears-of-a-huge-youtube-tv-nfl-sunday-ticket-delays-google-surprised-viewers-experts/

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Thank you, my college freshman kid, for letting me (me paying your tuition) get Sunday ticket and red zone for $120. Never had it before and having every game available was incredible.

Watches red zone for the afternoon games and it’s cool but man it’s almost hard to keep track of games when it’s bouncing all over the place. But I suppose that’s the point. Incredible for fantasy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Thank you, my college freshman kid, for letting me (me paying your tuition) get Sunday ticket and red zone for $120. Never had it before and having every game available was incredible.

Watches red zone for the afternoon games and it’s cool but man it’s almost hard to keep track of games when it’s bouncing all over the place. But I suppose that’s the point. Incredible for fantasy.

I adore red zone but it does take some getting used to. My wife and kids were watching with me for a bit yesterday and there was a lot of "wait what the gently caress is going on now? What game is this?"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Red Zone is the perfect thing to have on in the background on Sundays while you prepare/recover from your own team's game

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
redzone is pretty much the only thing that keeps me invested in the NFL. college i always burn out after a few weeks bc its a huge slog to switch between games and wade through a billion ads

Codependent Poster posted:

He's gonna have some stinkers I bet, but the Colts were doing everything to help him that game. One read and go, pretty much. They didn't have him sit back in the pocket for a long time, which meant they also cut down the playbook a lot, but this game was designed to make things simple and not hurt his confidence. His INT was really the only egregious mistake he made, but even then two Colts receivers ran the same route in the same area so that didn't help.

But as they open up the playbook for him, if he can keep making the right decisions like yesterday he's gonna end up being really good.

this would be shocking bc at no point in his career has Richardson been able to do that. i mean we'll see but i think the hyper simple one read and go while opposing teams have zero tape on you is the absolute best he'll look in the NFL

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

redzone is pretty much the only thing that keeps me invested in the NFL. college i always burn out after a few weeks bc its a huge slog to switch between games and wade through a billion ads

I've really been enjoying Youtube TVs multiview for college this year. 4 games going at once so there is always action on the screen somewhere.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah the NFL+ Redzone worked mostly well for me. The audio timing was a good second or two ahead of the video, plus I had to stop it and refresh the page then restart it like once an hour because it would start to stutter. It was odd hearing an announcer say "what a great catch" when the ball was still in the air and that kind of stuff.

I was using the TV app and didn't have this issue, thankfully. It worked flawlessly. I'm so surprised that I really like an NFL service haha.

Also

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1701323890847252991?t=vF9I7CEM3iGQOhf_xMxAgA&s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Is that Ironhead’s kid?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Is that Ironhead’s kid?

Yep.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Redzone is the only reason I have anything more than passing familiarity with other teams and their rosters.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I see the NFL was kind enough to bless us with two MNF games next week so the nation isn't forced to watch NFCS football.

Edit: Week 3 as well!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What happens when you get your rear end beat

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1701340372662673575

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

If the Chiefs lose to the Jags I'll :lol:.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Personally I think the Chiefs handled the situation perfectly and with exceptional timing.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

The KC defense held Detroit to 14 points

Chris Jones missing wasn't the problem

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Freaquency posted:

I don’t think a few preseason snaps are what caused Dobbins’ Achilles to roll up in his leg like a slap bracelet

Most mentally damaging injury in sports, just imagining it gives me the heebie jeebies. Only thing close is a torn hamstring, gross

T-Square posted:

Glad to see NFL+ Premium Redzone works well, I’ll definitely sign up for that the moment I’m staying at home for a Sunday.

Went to my friend’s house who just got a shiny new Sunday Ticket package and that bad boy paused and buffered a handful of times and was a solid 3 minutes behind the TV we had playing via OTA antenna.

Honestly it's incredible given how lovely the nfl plus service has always been. Still has some really annoying foibles overall but redzone worked excellently and just the fact that it's now included in a service I was going to pay for anyways, big win for them.

Now I would really like it if a gray tint wouldn't cover the screen when you move your mouse, and if i could use the arrow keys to skip around a replay video (it works for like ten seconds but then it loses focus on the player i guess and doesn't work so you have to use the mouse and buttons to skip forward)

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Mission accomplished Agent Jones, thank you for your service o7

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Hey, I found a single play from yesterday's game to feel good about lol

https://twitter.com/BrooksAustinBA/status/1700960686698823997

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hide football people, your gods are angry

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1701348048352182736

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

God they're really puttng "JETLIFE" on the jumbotrons now, huh?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
should be all cleared up by the time of the game but having two games back to back in the same stadium does seem like bad scheduling practice given this has been three days of off and on storms

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

T-Square posted:

Remind your friend of it's a seven day trial he can cancel if he signed up just recently. It was crap. I'd rather wait till after the game for a competent replay with NFL+ than pay 400 bucks for a worse product than illegal streams.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kalli posted:

If you say so :shobon:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What if they held them to 10 points???

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I dunno, I think it was part of the problem here

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1699980983922270258

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Kalli posted:

I dunno, I think it was part of the problem here

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1699980983922270258

or at the end of the game where it was obvious that Detroit was going to run three straight times in the middle of the field, and did so and got a 1st to end the game.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The game-changing DT would not have been helpful in a game that was lost, actually

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Look, it's not like the Lions beat the brakes off of Kansas City's defense or anything, they won by one point. But when you know you're going to have a rematch with somebody, you want to do everything you can to be ready for it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1701364174830420294?s=46

everybody wants to have a nickelodeon game

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Remind your friend of it's a seven day trial he can cancel if he signed up just recently. It was crap. I'd rather wait till after the game for a competent replay with NFL+ than pay 400 bucks for a worse product than illegal streams.

Buffering a couple times is lightyears ahead streams that die every 7.2 minutes, have 200 ads, and control buttons that are hard to ta-- oops that was the fake play button, here's 3 more tabs open!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The difference being, of course, it being an online-only game at 8:30AM.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Considering the Nickelodeon games have blockbuster ratings, I don't blame them.

I'm looking forward to TomJim Hanks making fun of Taylor Heincke throwing a bad interception.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am sorry but I am not waking up at 6:30am on a sunday to watch my own team, let alone the Jags and Falcons

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Yeah it’s still gross here in NYC and the sky is yellow while it rains

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

I am sorry but I am not waking up at 6:30am on a sunday to watch my own team, let alone the Jags and Falcons

Coward

same

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Unfortunately for me I work on Sundays *and* have to get up at 5:45 every morning :(

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

bows1 posted:

Yeah it’s still gross here in NYC and the sky is yellow while it rains

Thats the piss

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

a neat cape posted:

just set your alarm to see Duke Caboom and catch the second half of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kelce coming back is that solve

...i hope