Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JEFF VS MOX 2 3.64%
TOA VS ADAM 15 27.27%
MR. WARDLOW VS KOMANDER 2 3.64%
KYLE VS CHRIS 3 5.45%
TONI VS TAYA 4 7.27%
SWERVE VS ROB 29 52.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Streets of Rage where Orange Cassidy's screen-clearing move is to call Sue to drive over everybody in her van.

The Dudley Boyz gimmick infringements never stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

The Dudley Boyz gimmick infringements never stop.

Dudley boys? Nah, Nick Hogan needs to sue for gimmick infringement

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Best yet. Good gracious

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotinaj posted:

I do not get why no company in the modern day has paid some small developer to make a streets of rage/river city ransom game with wrestlers

anyone in here play wrestlequest ? is it like that?

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Streets of Rage where Orange Cassidy's screen-clearing move is to call Sue to drive over everybody in her van.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

graph posted:

So, Wrestlequest is more Super Mario RPG than Streets of Rage/River City Ransom

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Count Thrashula posted:

Is the AEW game any good

Are any wrestling games good

I've been playing Def Jam Fight for NY on my steam deck thanks to EMUDECK. It still rules and holds up from 20 years ago.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
swerve/hangman is going to a time limit draw, right?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Shard posted:

I've been playing Def Jam Fight for NY on my steam deck thanks to EMUDECK. It still rules and holds up from 20 years ago.

Bow down to the champ, chump

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

It’s kind of fun but you can legit just eat a pin super fast because health of wrestlers seems super low across the board + the only way to break up a pin is the slowest possible axhandle ever made. No idea why they couldn’t just make you do a quick stomp???

skill issue

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They released a non black shirt for you whiners

https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1755299110423257162

This is neat too

https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1755294198255767908

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Fart Radio posted:

swerve/hangman is going to a time limit draw, right?

Hangman is winning. Banning your manager from ringside never ever works.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

No, wrestlequest isn’t like that, but it is fun, I need to go back to playing it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:pwn:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm pretty sure Swerve's winning but does so after Nana interferes without him noticing

Swerve confronts him later as they'd agreed to no interference, Nana takes offense and that's what causes the split between him and the Mogul Embassy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

So, Wrestlequest is more Super Mario RPG than Streets of Rage/River City Ransom

cool. huh, it's also on sale 50% off on the switch store for the next 12 hours

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Carwash oval office posted:

Double turn incoming.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The bad thing about wrestlequest is d*ve m*ltzer is in it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There are lots of ways the main event can go which makes it more fun. Nana interferes and Swerve wins but Swerve is pissed? Nana tries to interfere but fucks it up and causes Swerve to lose? Hangman turns and Nana helps him win so they can smoke weed together? Time limit draw?!

I need to lay down, I’ve worked myself up too much.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

There are lots of ways the main event can go which makes it more fun. Nana interferes and Swerve wins but Swerve is pissed? Nana tries to interfere but fucks it up and causes Swerve to lose? Hangman turns and Nana helps him win so they can smoke weed together? Time limit draw?!

I need to lay down, I’ve worked myself up too much.

Hangman wins clean and Swerve does a hard 180 on the "last time" and "don't interfere" stipulations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Carwash oval office posted:

Didn't Swerve say he was fine with Nana being at ringside, just told him not to interfere so Hangman doesn't have any excuses?

(Which, like, the second match was no DQ, Wangman, shame your Elite buddies don't like you enough to help you like Swerve's bros did)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Scott D’Amore seems like he would be a good office pickup.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Scott D’Amore seems like he would be a good office pickup.

If I'm Tony I'm asking around people who worked with him and talking to Deonna Purazzo in particular to decide. From what I've heard and seen he was respected by talent and did a lot of booking for the Knockouts if not all of it. Barring any skeletons in his closet I don't see why you wouldn't at least send out feelers.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wild that they just decided to can him like that and not move him into another position. Who knows, maybe he didn’t want to do anything other than be president of TNA so it was all or nothing. Seems weirdly out of nowhere unless something is amiss.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

rotinaj posted:

I do not get why no company in the modern day has paid some small developer to make a streets of rage/river city ransom game with wrestlers

Or just a 2d fighting game

Only one character is a wrestler snd it's a hybrid of rpg and beatemup mechanics, but Treachery In Beatdown City fits the bill.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hoping we get surfer darby tonight...

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Hangman wins with interference, loses to Joe at Revolution. Swerve wins whatever Revolution match he has and gets the next title shot and wins the title.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given I want Joe to have some time as champ and I want Swerve winning the title to be the moment of the show (which it won't be for this PPV) I'd book it as a draw/Hangman win, have Hangman lose at the PPV and than do Swerve/Joe at the May PPV

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Double turn tonight, Prince Nana joins up with Hangman so whenever he comes out he does some linedancing to Hanger's music

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
The tickets for the Dynamite for 3/6 and the Collision taping the next day are on presale now and they have a combo meal for both dates that's $50 more than if you buy two separate tickets

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Tonight should be real good. Feels good to be hyped for a Dynamite.

Hope the Big announcement is Tony just saved a ton of money on his car insurance and he's just really happy about it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nea posted:

Only one character is a wrestler snd it's a hybrid of rpg and beatemup mechanics, but Treachery In Beatdown City fits the bill.

Kinda, but why the hell hasn’t AEW or wwe or anyone just gone to one of the dev houses behind this or that double dragon neon game or any of the other beat em ups and said “put our intellectual property in this game plz, change the characters from billy and jimmy to the acclaimed” or something

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

CHIKARA had something like that in the works once, and Action Arcade Wrestling used to be branded with their company. There are some WWF beat-em-ups on the Game Boy Color of all things.

I think AEW should just start bringing back weird wrestling things. Stadium Stampede Mode in Fight Forever was a good one, but we need Mikey Rukus to release his own bootleg Extreme Wrestling Anthems-esque CD and for someone to develop AEW Crush Hour.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

CHIKARA had something like that in the works once, and Action Arcade Wrestling used to be branded with their company. There are some WWF beat-em-ups on the Game Boy Color of all things.

I think AEW should just start bringing back weird wrestling things. Stadium Stampede Mode in Fight Forever was a good one, but we need Mikey Rukus to release his own bootleg Extreme Wrestling Anthems-esque CD and for someone to develop AEW Crush Hour.

Can I get a Rukus backed rhythm game?

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

super macho dude posted:

Double turn tonight, Prince Nana joins up with Hangman so whenever he comes out he does some linedancing to Hanger's music

Well now I can't stop imaging Nana doing hitchkicks into barrel turns. I want NEED this.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bann posted:

Well now I can't stop imaging Nana doing hitchkicks into barrel turns. I want NEED this.

I do like the idea of prince nana dancing to “boot scootin’ boogie”

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i just got over norovirus. it was brutal

yeah there seems to be some bad strains going around. my brother-in-laws family is under quarantine right now

the barf bug suuuuucks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't care that hang man is going to win. that's how much i love good matchs

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Does anyone happen to have the pandemic memory videos of AEW set to "My Way" and "My Sacrifice?"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

CHIKARA had something like that in the works once

Man, that unlocked a memory. Chikara: Rudo's Revenge, I think it was called. I remember one of the bigger shows from 2010 (King of Trios?) revealed a trailer with animated stills where UltraMantis Black sat on a throne and planned to build his own army of undead Chikara gimmicks to fight the BDK. There was a YouTube channel that for years only had that trailer. I think there was even a mention in Game Informer or one of those magazines.

Then there was radio silence for forever. Soon the whole BDK storyline was long over and UltraMantis was a face. They finally announced it as a Kickstarter project. One show let fans look at footage of the game, where you could only play as the Colony (Fire, Green, and Worker II) and fought waves of lucha zombies. The Kickstarter didn't even come close to making its goal and the whole thing was scrapped, probably because people just wanted a wrestling game. So they did that and the Kickstarter supposedly only made its goal thanks to Claudio throwing some money at it last minute.

I guess there really was almost an Orange Cassidy beat 'em up after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Cavauro posted:

i don't care that hang man is going to win. that's how much i love good matchs

It's goin to a time limit draw my friend. The ballad of Hangman and Swerve will not end to-nite