Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
ORANGE VS TRENT 8 12.31%
MAY VS CAMERON 3 4.62%
SWITCH VS AZUCAR 5 7.69%
LEARNING TREE VS GUYS 3 4.62%
COPE VS KING 46 70.77%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Given he's teaming with Fletcher I wonder if we'll the start of a United Empire/Callis Family Forbidden Door build

takeshita vs the entire united empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Given he's teaming with Fletcher I wonder if we'll the start of a United Empire/Callis Family Forbidden Door build

Cobb against a BCC team makes me hope even harder for Cobb vs. Claudio at FD.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

graph posted:

controversial opinion: push brian cage

i dont think thats even controversial around here anymore. PSP stans for cage.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

This is a fun card for the "imagine showing this to someone during year one of AEW" hypothetical. Got Danielson, Okada, Edge, Sasha Banks, Ospreay, The Revival, Aleister Black, Roddy Strong, Shane Strickland and Toni Storm, plus it'd trick you into thinking Cobb got signed and Brian Cage/CD/Sydal are pushed acts

oh hell yeah baby!!!!!! ooooh yeahhhh!!!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Basically right now we're getting to the point where Tony has the roster he wants, instead of having to make do with who was available. Like, there was a time and place where Ricky had upwards mobility available, but now when you have

* Danielson
* Okada
* Ospreay
* Claudio
* White
* Joe
* Takeshita
* Copeland
* Cole
* Christian

on the roster, there's no place to slide Ricky up to a level where he or his fans (it's me, I'm his fans) would be satisfied with. This is before counting the people who arrived before Ricky (counting Eddie here who arrived around the same time as him) who are also ahead of him on the roster, Kenny, Moxley, Jericho, MJF, OC, Eddie, Darby... the list goes on.

And this is not even counting Tony being generally reticent to push people past the level he personally sees as their ceiling. There are exceptions, Swerve being the big one, but Tony's booking has been on the more conservative side with regard to pushes. If you're seen as a midcarder, Tony is going to struggle to let a (future) main eventer take a loss to you, even at the best of times. Team Taz going up against Darby and never getting a decisive win on him at any point, and the Continental Classic's Gold League are both prime examples of this.

None of this even really is a complaint. The main event is stacked, as it should be. I just wouldn't be surprised if a lot of contracts just quietly expire without offers of renewal over the next couple years.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shard posted:

I want a wrestling Sim like The Movies by Lionhead Studios. Let me open up a fed, build all the stuff, and book shows and then I can lay out matches and see how they play out from a ton of different animations.

this is a great idea and also its a god drat shame theres never been a rerelease of the movies, that game runs like dogcrap on modern systems

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

To truly succeed in AEW you need to snitch on people like Swerve and Mariah did.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

Basically right now we're getting to the point where Tony has the roster he wants, instead of having to make do with who was available. Like, there was a time and place where Ricky had upwards mobility available, but now when you have

* Danielson
* Okada
* Ospreay
* Claudio
* White
* Joe
* Takeshita
* Copeland
* Cole
* Christian

on the roster, there's no place to slide Ricky up to a level where he or his fans (it's me, I'm his fans) would be satisfied with. This is before counting the people who arrived before Ricky (counting Eddie here who arrived around the same time as him) who are also ahead of him on the roster, Kenny, Moxley, Jericho, MJF, OC, Eddie, Darby... the list goes on.

And this is not even counting Tony being generally reticent to push people past the level he personally sees as their ceiling. There are exceptions, Swerve being the big one, but Tony's booking has been on the more conservative side with regard to pushes. If you're seen as a midcarder, Tony is going to struggle to let a (future) main eventer take a loss to you, even at the best of times. Team Taz going up against Darby and never getting a decisive win on him at any point, and the Continental Classic's Gold League are both prime examples of this.

None of this even really is a complaint. The main event is stacked, as it should be. I just wouldn't be surprised if a lot of contracts just quietly expire without offers of renewal over the next couple years.

good post

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

To truly succeed in AEW you need to snitch on people like Swerve and Mariah did.

Wait, who did Mariah snitch on?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

shiksa posted:

this is a great idea and also its a god drat shame theres never been a rerelease of the movies, that game runs like dogcrap on modern systems

I'm gonna pm you a link to a site called myabandonware.

oh wait I can't message you lol. Google the movies myabandonware. It's a site that shares links to any game that is old and forgotten and has not been digitized. Tons of good poo poo on there. I was able to get wolverine origins, the punisher and the movies.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Wait, who did Mariah snitch on?

Rossy

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shard posted:

I'm gonna pm you a link to a site called myabandonware.

Thank you for your service.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

my buddy had to bail on Dynamite tonight so I'm going to take my 5 1/2 year old with his big green headphones, hopefully he has a blast. My wife and mother will also be in attendance so this will be a real AEW family moment. I wonder if they still have those Kulture City sensory areas if it becomes too much for him.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Lucifunk posted:

Yeah he really stalled after Punk was Punk and was either suspended or fired. I love Ricky, I'm from New Orleans and like seeing a southerner that isn't at a Trump rally. That said, the level of talent AEW has now is so far above Starks in experience and frankly talent too. Some of the faves from a year and a half ago are just overshadowed by multiple people with legit claims of best wrestler in the world these days.

I've always liked that AEW didn't run everyone into the ground and lets people work elsewhere if they want to. Some downtime to heal up in seasons seems forward thinking to me in regards to the competition. I don't have the time or desire really to also watch ROH, but it seems like lots of AEW people rotate there during times where the focus is on others. Make him ROH champ and see if he sinks or swims.

I also get his frustrations and could totally see him going to hang out with Cody finishing stories.

I think Ricky abruptly turning back heel to feud with Punk after he'd had a long babyface run against the JAS was the wrong choice and dissipated a lot of his momentum -- and will always wonder if it's because Punk refused to be a heel.

I've been a fan of Ricky ever since that video where he and Sammy Guevara wrestle a mop and a broom, and I wish he was on the shows more, but it's hard to argue he hasn't had his chances.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

is sandmanfromecw gonna be in attendance tonight with their "close the wwe thread" sign???

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Tweak posted:

I wonder if they still have those Kulture City sensory areas if it becomes too much for him.

didnt see anything on the site but you could try calling their line (425) 322-2600 and asking

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Senerio posted:

* Danielson
* Okada
* Ospreay
* Claudio
* White
* Joe
* Takeshita
* Copeland
* Cole
* Christian

good point and if I have to decide between Ricky and like, Takeshita, 10 out of 10 times i'm taking Takeshita. Actually im taking Takeshita over like 90% of the roster tbh. Guy is really a once in a lifetime wrestler, if he was in NJPW he'd probably be in the conversation alongside Tsuji and Umino as the next ace. Which makes me a little sad because he'd be a world champion there but probably never would be in America, with the ceiling being Continental/International.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://x.com/briancagegmsi/status/1790635863573197163

i hope 'i was the one that made you beat hangman' still has legs beyond tonights match

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Tweak posted:

I wonder if they still have those Kulture City sensory areas if it becomes too much for him.

https://www.kulturecity.org/aew-request-sensory-bag/

quote:

All of AEW live events will have KultureCity sensory bags available to check out at the AEW merchandise booths.

I think you're good!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

reminder to everyone clamouring for AEW to make a game that cleverly uses their IP that their current track record is four lovely gacha mobages and an extremely feature-light and roster-thin wrestling game that came out a year and a half too late

also reminder that this happened

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Selachian posted:

I've been a fan of Ricky ever since that video where he and Sammy Guevara wrestle a mop and a broom, and I wish he was on the shows more, but it's hard to argue he hasn't had his chances.

Plus who could forget the aftermath of that tag match?

(Sorry for the Reddit link, I couldn't find the original BTE it's from)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/igk4ln/ricky_starks_is_going_to_give_mjf_a_run_for_his/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

graph posted:

i hope 'i was the one that made you beat hangman' still has legs beyond tonights match

Brian Cage rules so much. I'm so glad Tony re-signed him and then put him in loads of programmes.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

panko posted:

reminder to everyone clamouring for AEW to make a game that cleverly uses their IP that their current track record is four lovely gacha mobages and an extremely feature-light and roster-thin wrestling game that came out a year and a half too late

also reminder that this happened

Surely could make a deck builder, they wouldn't have to animate 90 different powerbomb moves then. Slay the Spire AEW conversion where your relics are things like Sting's bat and Sue's car and you can only get to the true final boss by collecting 3 belts . I'm out of ideas. Hangman is one of the playable characters and his two main build paths are Depression and Cowboy poo poo.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

graph posted:

drat that was awesome actually. gently caress em up brian

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
is it august 2025. turboface brian cage is destroying the poo poo out of the aew roster. WHO BETTA THAN CAGE bellow the arenas

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

panko posted:

Got it, in all conversations going forward about video games, just assume that I also said “I hope this game will be a good game and not a bad game”

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MercedesVarnado/status/1790164243545010189

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

graph posted:

didnt see anything on the site but you could try calling their line (425) 322-2600 and asking

Thanks, I'll check these out. I'm hoping he'll be ok with the crowd, but we also got bluey on backup if he can't sit still.

more exciting for Mone vs Stoke than any other opponent

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

can’t watch live tonight. hope it’s a good show for all my posting pals

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they’re playing ain’t nobody in the hotel bar

😩 tony you coward

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

gonna be interesting to see if Willow and Mone can set aside their differences to work together against Cope and Black. should be a great tag match!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

A face-to-face, a call-out, and a contract signing lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why tf is Harley Cameron just out here to do jobs to everyone, where is the entire rest of the women’s roster

Why would she rate a match with Toni, she just lost like five times in a row on tv

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Why tf is Harley Cameron just out here to do jobs to everyone, where is the entire rest of the women’s roster

Why would she rate a match with Toni, she just lost like five times in a row on tv

she had one match, a week ago

are you confusing her with someone else

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotinaj posted:

Toni wants to beat her rear end

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Should be Skye Blue, people would be normal and happy about that

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lol oh no

my kid being scared hopefully doesnt become a meme

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Tweak posted:

lol oh no

my kid being scared hopefully doesnt become a meme

Hope the child will be alright, enjoy the show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

she had one match, a week ago

are you confusing her with someone else

You are right, maybe I am

I coulda sworn she has lost repeatedly to toni, mariah, and someone else relevant on rampage recently but I am totally wrong