Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 38 hours!)

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/1786409706547753378

Well, that's one way to get rid of Henry Cuellar lol

If I recall correctly, good, gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah, he's probably the most conservative Dem in the caucus. Just hope he gets replaced by a Dem if he gets convicted.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/CAKitchener/status/1786391444066123923

Hasn't a case like this already happened, or is this new?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

It is possible that Kristi Noem is just loving stupid. She did gently caress Corey Lewandowski.

Remember, hooting frat bros are the enemy! Also despite being in the state with the largest proportion of black residents (40%) the student body at Ole Miss is 75% white.

e: also, Noem apparently lied about meeting KJU and cancelling a meeting with Macron
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1786196590044000545

See it's the dog murder you lie about, that's rule #1 of politics.

Just let them loving protest if they aren't hurting anyone.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zoux posted:

e: also, Noem apparently lied about meeting KJU and cancelling a meeting with Macron
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1786196590044000545

lmao even the President of France is like "nah she's full of merde."

Unfortunately for Noem, her charms don't work on a guy who married his english teacher.

Kchama posted:

I feel like if that was the case she wouldn't be tripling down on it.

Nah she has to. It makes sense that she announces this now if she was worried it would come out as part of her vetting process. It gives her a chance to frame it in a way favorable to her.

Unfortunately for her she's a moron and her attempt at framing is making everything worse.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

drat, why couldn't all of this have come out AFTER Trump selected Noem for VP? It would have been puppy murder all election season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kchama posted:

Just let them loving protest if they aren't hurting anyone.

I get why red states are cracking down, because disorder hurts the incumbent, I have no idea why university admins in sapphire blue states are cracking down. Especially since the vast majority of campus protests are perfectly peaceful. The Columbia admin really hosed it and I don't know why.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao even the President of France is like "nah she's full of merde."

Unfortunately for Noem, her charms don't work on a guy who married his english teacher.

Nah she has to. It makes sense that she announces this now if she was worried it would come out as part of her vetting process. It gives her a chance to frame it in a way favorable to her.

Unfortunately for her she's a moron and her attempt at framing is making everything worse.

I'm kinda skeptical of that, because she's already governor. If it was an open secret for so long that everyone knew, then it wouldn't come out unless the witnesses came forward. And you think they would have been brought to light against her in her close 2018 election, or used in the primary, if everyone knew about it. Nobody had a clue in the public until she brought it up.

But like... how DO you frame it in that was more favorable than she already did, outside of attempt #3 of "IT WAS COMING RIGHT FOR MY DAUGHTER!!!"? It seems like a huge albatross no matter what you say.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

zoux posted:

I get why red states are cracking down, because disorder hurts the incumbent, I have no idea why university admins in sapphire blue states are cracking down. Especially since the vast majority of campus protests are perfectly peaceful. The Columbia admin really hosed it and I don't know why.

I think there were probably a cadre of students saying they feel uncomfortable. Now, that being said, you don't need to do police raids. Quite frankly, Columbia should of sent someone to at least talk to the group and relay what might be feasible.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

zoux posted:

quote:

White House Thoroughly Denounces Columbia University Protests: ‘Blatantly Antisemitic, Unconscionable, and Dangerous’

This is from after the initial Columbia raid but shows that the Democrats agree with the Republicans that these protests are evil and must be put down. If Biden had said something generic like "People have the right to free speech and the right to protest but should not be using antisemitism to criticize the country of Israel which does not represent American Jewish people" things might be going differently. But he didn't and thus the current framing is that this is the most antisemitic period in modern US history despite the fact that 5 years ago we had literal neo-Nazi rallies and multiple mass shootings at synagogues.

Biden and the Dems are so awful that they're arguing that Democrats are more antisemitic than the neo-Nazi party.

Which shouldn't be surprising considering Biden and the Dem establishment's long history of making GBS threads on younger generations and everything in which they believe even if it's to their own detriment. That clip of Biden saying he has no empathy for younger generations is even more disturbing and funny nowadays since he directly references protest movements like Kent State to imply that his generation actually did things.

koolkal fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 3, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rust Martialis posted:

If I recall correctly, good, gently caress that guy.

Cuellar was the guy who got a lot of DNC heavyweight backing to survive a primary challenge despite being openly pro-life. There were a whole lot of pragmatism vs ideals arguments ITT over it

Nonsense posted:

Hasn't a case like this already happened, or is this new?

It's been obvious since Dobbs that states trying to police actions people perform while in other states, or attempting to obstruct crossing state lines, was the next step. But since current law is that states are absolutely not allowed to do that under any circumstances, no one had actually tried until now

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

zoux posted:

The UPenn president lost her job because she was insufficient pro Zion in front of Congress

I imagine Columbia is still thinking of that

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

haveblue posted:

Cuellar was the guy who got a lot of DNC heavyweight backing to survive a primary challenge despite being openly pro-life. There were a whole lot of pragmatism vs ideals arguments ITT over it

He ran unopposed this time, and is the general election candidate for US-28. If he is indicted > loses his case > is imprisoned, what happens to the seat technically? Does Abbott appoint somebody to fill it?

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

zoux posted:

I've been speaking to university faculty about this around DC, and the consensus is that it comes down to administrators being spooked by high-powered donors, alumni, and boards. After all, their job is on the line if they displease these groups. They saw what happened to Claudine Gay and know that they too can be forced to fall on their swords if it comes down to it, these universities will sacrifice anyone to keep the mega-donors happy. Even if it is counterproductive to crack down on these protests, the current students are relatively powerless, especially when it comes to the job security of sitting administrators, in comparison to the high-powered university supporters who are calling for crackdowns.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rebel Blob posted:

I've been speaking to university faculty about this around DC, and the consensus is that it comes down to administrators being spooked by high-powered donors, alumni, and boards. After all, their job is on the line if they displease these groups. They saw what happened to Claudine Gay and know that they too can be forced to fall on their swords if it comes down to it, these universities will sacrifice anyone to keep the mega-donors happy. Even if it is counterproductive to crack down on these protests, the current students are relatively powerless, especially when it comes to the job security of sitting administrators, in comparison to the high-powered university supporters who are calling for crackdowns.

Oh so all we need to hope for is that university administrators show an ounce of backbone. We're hosed.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

zoux posted:

It's impossible to understate how hosed in the head control freaks university administrators are as a rule right now.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

zoux posted:

Are you sure you don't know why, or is it just gauche to say? Because it seems insanely obvious that it's because the Zionist lobby has the Dems by the balls, even without considering that most of them approve of Israel depopulating its new lebensraum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Admin can just say "we will totally bring up BDS at our. Summer board meeting* while crossing fingers and ignoring the protests

But they called in the popo because

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Byzantine posted:

Are you sure you don't know why, or is it just gauche to say? Because it seems insanely obvious that it's because the Zionist lobby has the Dems by the balls, even without considering that most of them approve of Israel depopulating its new lebensraum.

I suppose "gauche" would be one word to describe the idea that shadowy monied Jewish interests are pulling the strings, I'd probably prefer stronger language. As I said earlier, there are protests like this across the country but most of them don't have the police cracking down on them, I wonder why Columbia specifically decided to take this route.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

zoux posted:

I suppose "gauche" would be one word to describe the idea that shadowy monied Jewish interests are pulling the strings, I'd probably prefer stronger language. As I said earlier, there are protests like this across the country but most of them don't have the police cracking down on them, I wonder why Columbia specifically decided to take this route.

why did u change "zionist lobby" to "shadowy monied jewish interests" :confused:

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Kchama posted:

My point is, the original story she told, the one that she spun as justiable and perfectly normal, is the one that got everyone pissed off. It's not like her original story was "I shot a puppy for no good reason and also a goat", it was always "I did it because I am able to make tough decisions, so vote for me!". She has not tried to escape that at all, and instead has been trying to act as if that was a good thing ("also I killed three horses too while I was at it!")

This is true yes. Up to this point we agree. (Well, mostly. She claims it was a difficult practical decision - that's the spin - but the actual story she tells is one in which it was quite an easy decision for her to kill those animals because she loving hated them)

Kchama posted:

and is being confused when it does nothing to stop the outrage. She thought that double/triple down on "I did it because it was the right thing to do!" would solve it, but it didn't.

And here's where we diverge: she is not confused. She knew that "I had the guts to do this" would outrage people. The gambit she's making is that she hopes it will outrage people less than the honest truth would (which is, again "I killed innocent and adorable creatures because I'm a total freakshow who cannot stand it when things disobey me"). She is repeating it because it's still the only card she has and it has been effective to an extent.

(Well, she could go the "apologize and hope people eventually forgive you after a few years of image rehabilitation" but she doesn't have the time for that).

Kchama posted:

That's why I don't think she was trying to get ahead of anything, because she clearly thought the story was a winner to begin with. It's the same thought as Romney telling about the time he tied his dog to the roof and laughed about how miserable it was. Plus, she'd already been elected a bunch.When the Guardian questioned her about it, she didn't change her story or change the spin, she just went further in on "Yeah it was the good and cool thing to do!". That's doubling down because of her confidence in her story.

I don't think she honestly believes this anecdote makes her look good; if she did I have to believe she would've brought it up much sooner. That she feels she needs to spin the story in the first place shows she doesn't believe she did the morally right thing, and it wasn't an act she was proud of because even in her own story she stops when she discovers there's witnesses. You can say she's doubling-down on the spin, but it's only because it's "less bad."

Kchama posted:

Though I did look into it and found that she's changed the story to her killing the dog because it was actively trying to murder her daughter (despite the fact that her own story of killing the dog ended with her daughter coming home and asking her where her dog was...), so what a dumbass.

And this we also agree on, lol!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/04/29/nypd-union-sues-adams-administration-over-new-zero-tolerance-policy-on-steroid-use-among-cops/

New York cops are big mad they can't use their illegal anger drugs anymore.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

zoux posted:

It's barely been two weeks since the president of Columbia University was hauled in front of a House committee to be grilled by Republicans on whether the university was doing enough to fight anti-Semitism, with some lawmakers going so far as to demand that specific faculty members be purged. The Speaker of the House personally visited Columbia last week, publicly proclaimed that the university president should be forced to resign if she didn't stop the protests, and publicly threatened to cut off federal funding to Columbia.

Moreover, at least one major billionaire donor to Columbia has already pulled their funding and openly suggested that they won't give the school any more money until the protests are stopped, and several others have threatened to take similar action. I wouldn't really expect university presidents, whose primary responsibilities are to keep the school running smoothly and keep the money flowing in, to take a strong stand against that kind of pressure.

And relations with Jewish communities are a particularly strong concern in NYC, which has the largest Jewish population of any city in the world. Just because it's a blue area doesn't mean it's necessarily going to be pro-Palestine. On top of that, Columbia already has quite a few ties to Israel, including a dual-degree program with Tel Aviv University that lets students from one university attend classes at the other, and the administration has no intention of cutting those ties. So having large anti-Israel protests going on while actual Tel Aviv University students from Israel are walking around attending classes on Columbia's campus is more than a little embarrassing.

Aside from all of that political and financial pressure, the university's also been having problems with people going hogwild about I/P (and particularly with clashes between pro-Palestine protesters and pro-Israel counterprotesters) for months now. And to top it all off, there have actually been a number of incidents of harassment and violence from both sides on campus over the past few months, as well as a lot of provocative comments and incidents from both sides. From the administration's perspective, it's not surprising that they'd find all of this to be an annoying pain in the rear end and really just want it all to go away, even without the massive pressure on them to get rid of the protests.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

zoux posted:

Oh so all we need to hope for is that university administrators show an ounce of backbone. We're hosed.
From the various DC universities, students have congregated at the GW encampment, but the administrators of all the schools around the city are paranoid about it spreading. Even the very liberal AU has the university president warning students that the school will take a zero-tolerance approach toward unauthorized protests.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Admin can just say "we will totally bring up BDS at our. Summer board meeting* while crossing fingers and ignoring the protests

But they called in the popo because
You can't overstate the importance of mega-donors. Columbia had billionaire Robert Kraft pull his funding, and he has an entire building named after him on Columbia's campus. Another billionaire donor, Leon Cooperman, announced he would limit his future donations to Columbia to only apply to their business school. This is the kind of thing that gives college administrators nightmares; calling in the police to crack the skulls of students is downright pleasant in comparison.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Rebel Blob posted:

From the various DC universities, students have congregated at the GW encampment, but the administrators of all the schools around the city are paranoid about it spreading. Even the very liberal AU has the university president warning students that the school will take a zero-tolerance approach toward unauthorized protests.

You can't overstate the importance of mega-donors. Columbia had billionaire Robert Kraft pull his funding, and he has an entire building named after him on Columbia's campus. Another billionaire donor, Leon Cooperman, announced he would limit his future donations to Columbia to only apply to their business school. This is the kind of thing that gives college administrators nightmares; calling in the police to crack the skulls of students is downright pleasant in comparison.

Also can't understate the degree to which university admin exists to pander to donors. It's far more important to them than actually running the school.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gonna be a huge blow to everyone that buys their steroids from cops.

Kchama posted:

I'm kinda skeptical of that, because she's already governor. If it was an open secret for so long that everyone knew, then it wouldn't come out unless the witnesses came forward. And you think they would have been brought to light against her in her close 2018 election, or used in the primary, if everyone knew about it. Nobody had a clue in the public until she brought it up.

But like... how DO you frame it in that was more favorable than she already did, outside of attempt #3 of "IT WAS COMING RIGHT FOR MY DAUGHTER!!!"? It seems like a huge albatross no matter what you say.

She's term limited as Governor. Her only options are right wing welfare or going national. she's in a similar position as Desantis, except he's going to maybe try to knife Rick Scott. There isn't a senate seat open in SD this year.

And...yeah. make up a lie. Although apparently a bunch of construction workers like...watched her do this?

whatever you do, you don't say "it wasn't a puppy, it was 14 months old" or "well I also kill goats."

shades of Commodus, who would kill Giraffes and murder dwarves in the Coliseum and then charge the spectators for the pleasure.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 3, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

luv2shit posted:

why did u change "zionist lobby" to "shadowy monied jewish interests" :confused:

Because it wouldn't be gauche to say that donors are putting pressure on the universities. It's only impolitic, something you wouldn't say in mixed company, if you're alleging something untoward. Had that poster not said that the sentiment was gauche, simply that it was from donors who strongly support Israel, or even "Zionist lobby", I wouldn't have remarked on it.

Main Paineframe posted:

It's not surprising that they'd find all of this to be an annoying pain in the rear end and really just want it all to go away, even without the massive pressure on them to get rid of the protests.

Well they sure didn't accomplish that

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 3, 2024

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Main Paineframe posted:

incidents of harassment and violence from both sides on campus over the past few months,

could you expand on this? the only violence I've seen documented has been the zionists attack at UCLA

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why do donors and board members have so much power, shouldnt a educational instit. bread and butter money be its tuition (and by proxy be students)?

fake edit : lol at cops and their gym drugs, also lol at the gym drug usage among men, body image stuff for cishet men, but not for other groups.

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Columbia puts out info on their finances: https://www.columbia.edu/content/financial-overview - it looks like gifts/grants were 'only' 9% of the revenue in 2023, but that's still $562m. I think that they can reliably expect a particular amount from tuition in any year, since they control what tuition is and how may students are paying it, but that 9% is a bunch of extra money that isn't under their control so much.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

The donors have no direct power, most educational institutions are ultimately governed by the board.

but lets look at who's on the board of Columbia university. These are the first 8 out of 21

David Greenwald: co-chair: 20 years at Goldman Sachs
Claire Shipman: co-chair: International elite journalist and author. Married to one of Obama's press secretaries.
Abigal Elbaum: vice-chair: Real estate investor. On the board of the NYC Police Foundation.
Mark Galloghy: vice-chair: Venture capitalist.
Wanda Greene: vice-chair: Professional education expert. Probably someone who should actually be on the board.
Andrew Barth: member: Chairman (ret'd) of Capital Guardian Trust
Dean Dakolias: member: Co-Chief Investment Officer at Fortress Credit Funds
Duchesne Drew: member: President of Minnesota Public Radio. Probably okay.

All these people are Columbia graduates. They are all on first glance independently wealthy and presumably have donated quite a bit to their alma mater. They ARE the donor class, with the exception of hyper-whale billionaires that even they must cater to. I mean... they don't have to, but they do.

captainblastum posted:

Columbia puts out info on their finances: https://www.columbia.edu/content/financial-overview - it looks like gifts/grants were 'only' 9% of the revenue in 2023, but that's still $562m. I think that they can reliably expect a particular amount from tuition in any year, since they control what tuition is and how may students are paying it, but that 9% is a bunch of extra money that isn't under their control so much.

Don't forget to scroll down to the $14 billion endowment.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

zoux posted:

I’ve been wondering about that as well. Is there big donor pressure happening that is not public?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

PhazonLink posted:

why do donors and board members have so much power, shouldnt a educational instit. bread and butter money be its tuition (and by proxy be students)?

fake edit : lol at cops and their gym drugs, also lol at the gym drug usage among men, body image stuff for cishet men, but not for other groups.

Should donations be so important? No probably not. Are they currently at most private institutions? Thoroughly yes.

But also it probably shouldn’t be mostly tuition money. They already charge students too much.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zachack posted:

It's still racist because you're declaring that whites are the only group evolved enough to care more about their pets than people. My non-white wife would 100% eliminate all non-cat life on most continents if it meant resurrecting one specific dead cat, a cat that would deliberately hold it's poop in so it could poo poo in a corner for fun when she wasn't looking.

a) this has nothing to do with people's personal feelings about their pets, which are quite a bit different from how people prioritize political issues in general,

b) I never said this makes white people "more evolved" what the gently caress, what a weird thing to take from my post

c) this criticism comes directly from a black friend who has been frustrated by the fact that it is easier to get white people to give a poo poo about animal welfare than poc being murdered by cops,

and d), again, the point of saying "white America" was to illustrate why this is so damaging to Noem even with a base that normally could not give a poo poo about "scandals" from their team. I guarantee you if she had shot a non-white person this would have turned into a partisan issue rather than a largely bi-partisan one.

My PMs are open but I'm not going to post on this further in the thread because whether or not you think I'm racist doesn't really have anything to do with the subject matter

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

FizFashizzle posted:

Gonna be a huge blow to everyone that buys their steroids from cops.

She's term limited as Governor. Her only options are right wing welfare or going national. she's in a similar position as Desantis, except he's going to maybe try to knife Rick Scott. There isn't a senate seat open in SD this year.

And...yeah. make up a lie. Although apparently a bunch of construction workers like...watched her do this?

whatever you do, you don't say "it wasn't a puppy, it was 14 months old" or "well I also kill goats."

shades of Commodus, who would kill Giraffes and murder dwarves in the Coliseum and then charge the spectators for the pleasure.

I don't think many people would shed tears over this.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I’ve been wondering about that as well. Is there big donor pressure happening that is not public?

Usually. There's a lot of quiet negotiation before anything is signed, and it would be the same before funding is pulled.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Also was it really not public? It seemed to be pretty open.

There was the whole Ackman campaign and a lot of unnamed pissed off donors in the early press before the big protests really kicked off.

This came up with a quick search:

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/08/1223567811/billionaire-investor-bill-ackman-is-taking-on-higher-education

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

There was the whole Ackman campaign and a lot of unnamed pissed off donors in the early press before the big protests really kicked off.

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/08/1223567811/billionaire-investor-bill-ackman-is-taking-on-higher-education

I completely forgot that was this year. I thought it was a year ago.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

punishedkissinger posted:

could you expand on this? the only violence I've seen documented has been the zionists attack at UCLA

There's been a few incidents on Columbia's campus since Oct 7th, such as an Israeli student who was hanging up posters about the hostages being beaten with a broomstick, or pro-Palestinian protesters getting sprayed with a chemical that was either illegally-imported IDF riot control sprays or Liquid rear end, depending on who you ask.

Only minor injuries so far, but there's also been numerous allegations of harassment and doxxing and intimidation by both sides, with Jewish students claiming they're being harassed online and/or on-campus by pro-Palestinian protesters, and protesters claiming all sorts of harassment from pro-Israel groups both on and off campus. And both sides are posting plenty of evidence to social media as well, where it's very easily making its way to all sorts of outside groups and political figures that then use it as an excuse to get themselves involved (especially on the pro-Israel side). There's been some definitely anti-Semitic stuff, too, like a swastika that was found drawn on a bathroom wall.

The university administrators, who have a responsibility to keep things under control (both to keep the students safe and to protect the university's reputation), have been facing down a considerable task, and one that they'd be having quite a bit of trouble handling even without considering the administration's pro-Israel biases or the substantial political and economic pressure on the university.

To be clear, I'm not saying that the university is correct to be calling a crackdown on protests like this. I'm just saying that there's reasons why even liberal-leaning university administrators might want to crack down on protests, and those reasons are understandable and fairly rational, even if I don't think that crackdowns are the right move morally or tactically.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

There is donor pressure happening, and the donors have been very public about it. Robert Kraft, a billionaire who's donated millions to Columbia, issued a statement openly saying that "I am not comfortable supporting the university until [...] Columbia and its leadership will stand up to this hate by ending these protests immediately". Billionaire investor Leon Cooperman, who claims to have donated $50 million to Columbia to date, has similarly announced that he's pausing his donations because he's "uncomfortable with what’s going on at the school" because "the kids have poo poo for brains". Another billionaire donor, Len Blavatnik, announced that "leadership must take immediate steps to ensure that Jewish students are protected from threats and intimidation", and reporters say he's considering cutting back his donations too. While other big donors have avoided public comment, they're getting bombarded by questions from reporters, many of whom are loudly reporting the names of the donors that have refused to comment. Even a collection of GOP House members have issued a public letter openly praising Kraft's decision to cut off his donations, and urging other Columbia donors to do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I don't know how broad the scope of his campaign is, but the three schools in the story Harvard, MIT, and UPenn have all had occupation demonstrations without sending in the cops.