Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
She’s grabbing at the rotor brake lever.

Understandably, the pilot isn’t keen on finding out exactly what happens when it’s engaged in flight. The brake is only intended to stop the rotor from windmilling when parked, so it’s probably just a “make the plane smell funny” lever when the engine is running at flight power, but yeah let’s not find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

technically it is, it's just called orbit

The ISS is around 6.2 billion kms into it's jump. The landing is probably going to be pretty rough though.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sbdqp4NRHc1qigfjt.mp4

also
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_sdjux1uT2y1zxgosq.mp4

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

Adobe? more like a-toe-begone

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Flipperwaldt posted:

At what point does a jump turn into a fall

September 22

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

what the actual gently caress

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

This beats all of the Indian guys working with molten metal in bare feet. Truly hosed up

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Huh, I don't see the big deal, it's just a weird bucket...

*Clicks play.*

*Watches 0.5 seconds*

*Clicks pause*

:stonk: Sweet Mary, mother of Jesus...

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

bob dobbs is dead posted:

couldn't use, like, a stick or something?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
"There's got to be a better way!"

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOMa1euyHhI

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

you're really stuck on this stick idea better buy some stocks in sticks

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

several

tens

of

meters

away

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Good thing they weren't dumb enough to take the picture from the other side

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Not even any safety sandals?!

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Safety sandal is long gone in a brick.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

is it possible to learn this power??

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

KoRMaK posted:

is it possible to learn this power??

For those unaware, this is a screen grab from Jenny Nicholson’s docu-review of the Star Wars hotel. Each room had this little panic closet you’re supposed to go to in the event of emergency, apparently to make up for the lack of egress points like windows.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

yes it's 4 hours.i caution anyone who thinks they will "just skim through it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0CpOYZZZW4

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Blue Moonlight posted:

For those unaware, this is a screen grab from Jenny Nicholson’s docu-review of the Star Wars hotel. Each room had this little panic closet you’re supposed to go to in the event of emergency, apparently to make up for the lack of egress points like windows.

Disney Death Trap Hotel feels like it should be a Blumhouse movie, not real life.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Ultraklystron posted:

Disney Death Trap Hotel feels like it should be a Blumhouse movie, not real life.

Don't worry, they cleverly kept it safe by making it so expensive and terrible that no one went to it after the initial buzz wore off.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

this is probably the wrong thread but in terms of game design, the framework they implemented seems pretty incredible as an artistic endeavor. it's like an obsidian RPG as a murder mystery dinner.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

strap some buttered toast to a half shorn sheep and we could have a flying machine that operates better than a helicopter

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

this is probably the wrong thread but in terms of game design, the framework they implemented seems pretty incredible as an artistic endeavor. it's like an obsidian RPG as a murder mystery dinner.

If it had worked.

And if there is a "right thread" let me know because that was a really interesting video that answered a lot of questions I didn't even know I had until I watched the video. And only some of those questions were "why the gently caress would you do that!?"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Log082 posted:

If it had worked.

And if there is a "right thread" let me know because that was a really interesting video that answered a lot of questions I didn't even know I had until I watched the video. And only some of those questions were "why the gently caress would you do that!?"

Well, the online creators thread has been talking about it. And also about how idiotic Disney has been in general.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3944685&perpage=40&pagenumber=2007#pti34

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Sweet. Thanks.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Runa posted:

Well, the online creators thread has been talking about it. And also about how idiotic Disney has been in general.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3944685&perpage=40&pagenumber=2007#pti34

interesting. i wanted to talk about it from the perspective of production logistics, game design and technology, as if it had worked. because it seems like a super ambitious project, and how it was going to layer in old school parlor tricks and actors adds an appeal of integration modern tech with a timeless discipline. has anything at the same or partial scale existed or currently exists?

towards the end of the video she describes feeling sick, like she was going to puke but didn't, and just staring at her reflection in the room, quietly. almost as if she was tripping out. which, osha related, sounds like the experience i had the two subsequent nights after being exposed to a few hours of flashbangs and tear gas being lobbed in my direction at one of the protests during covid. just complete sensory overload that made me completely uncomfortable even when it was gone, but wasn't noticable until the stimuli stopped. so basically, this park sounds like it could traumatize it's guests, by design

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hey friend you probably got a concussion, get it checked out even though it’s been a couple years.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Buce posted:

it’s looks like the passenger is … arguing about, too? idgi

"I just need to hang onto it. I'm not going to pull it"

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
Seems appropriate for this thread:

https://bsky.app/profile/cait.bsky.social/post/3ksv2vg2wcw2d

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Autistic people are not cool with that being called a 1911

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Fidget cluster munition anti-personnel land mines

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Autistic people are not cool with that being called a 1911

True, it should be called fidget revolver

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Fidget Special Atomic Demolition Munition

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

NEW FIDGET GUN
BLASTS AWAY MOMENTARY ANXIETY

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
use your fidget mosin nagant to take down the fidget prime minister

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Nenonen posted:

True, it should be called fidget revolver

Now with 3 extra clips

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
The Fidget Suicide Belt now comes with a Fidget Dead Man's Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Fidget subcritical masses of plutonium that can be fidget assembled into unfavorable geometry.