Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
lol every time i remember trump would barf out some dumbass indefensible word salad while making GBS threads himself and having a mini-seizure and tons of people would all be like "he meant to do that trust the plan pedes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
I'd sooner believe this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=981RF_Vl-iA

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

ManBoyChef posted:

Anyone else have chuds in their lives that make having their wrong information pointed out to them a personal attack on them?

This has been true since at least W Bush's terms in office.

"With us or against us" tribalism is why.

They don't care about facts and will absolutely reject them and you for bringing them up.

I think someone phrased it in another thread as "they want a god to kneel down to and not a set of principals to stand up for".

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

ManBoyChef posted:

This is something I find incredible. Most of the MAGA base are boomers right? They are the generation that the government invested the most in and received the benefit of a post war economy.

Then they slowly took the ladder up and made their own lives better.

Now people want a little bit of that investment that their parents received, and you have the people that received that amazing investment angry and voting to prevent that out of spite. They like when we struggle because they can sit there and go "I told you so." Thats why they like the "own the libs" people like MTG. It wont matter how many times she gets called out or corrected...they just like the cruelty towards people they believe are against them.

They are black mold brained...

Here is an example. My aunt stated that this is a judeo christian country...or founded on judeo christian beliefs. I told her it is not so, most of the Founding fathers were Deists. They believed in rational government, and they were actually escaping divine right style monarchies.

Very simple stuff. She thought that I was just being mean to her.

If I was just being mean I would have called her dumb.

Everything is also a personal attack on them. I think it might be why Trump's whole "They are doing this to me and I am blocking them from doing it to you!" poo poo works so well on them. The constant feelings of persecution.

This is just anecdotal. Anyone else have chuds in their lives that make having their wrong information pointed out to them a personal attack on them?

It's the logical evolution of a two party system.

Politics as a team sport.

Pick a team. The others are now your ennemies.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Fishmasher posted:

lol every time i remember trump would barf out some dumbass indefensible word salad while making GBS threads himself and having a mini-seizure and tons of people would all be like "he meant to do that trust the plan pedes"

The President sends me secret messages via morse code farting and twitching.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's the logical evolution of a two party system.

Politics as a team sport.

Pick a team. The others are now your ennemies.

This is probably why it blows their mind when they say Biden is bad, and I agree.

They cannot site any real reasons why they don't like Biden.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/RivyuX7.mp4

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Cohen manifesting before him like the Genie of Crime.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That committee meeting is how I always read that the UK Parliament was like and why it's so different from our system

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lmao loving just rofl

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

We the defense call trump to the stand "i cant, i have a HIGHLY ILLEGAL gag order from a bigly corrupt judge, the highly conflicted Judge Marchan!"

Marchan :|

fake edit: drat i never hit post on this from hours ago xD

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Small Strange Bird posted:

Cohen manifesting before him like the Genie of Crime.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

Its something like 80-90% of the R base are total pisspigs and lunatics for Trump so they actually have to act this way or they'll get primaried out and replaced with some other, even more outrageously worshipful, pro Trump sycophant.

There is no Republican party anymore.

Its the Trump party at this point.

Really has been since at least J6 event when the then stronger R leadership had their chance to distance the party from Trump and decided to double down instead. They knew even back then it'd be the end of the Republican party as they knew it and best case they'd be set back like the Dems were in the 80's to mid 90's.

The good news is that the R's have set themselves up to lose power in a big way on a national setting over the next 2-3 presidential election cycles.

The bad news is that they actually have a good shot at winning this time around on the Presidential level are nearly assured the Senate and maaaybe the next and if they do win they'll totally go full fash.

The other good news is that 10-20% remainder of the R base that dislikes Trump and probably won't vote for him are sufficient to sink his election chances* so long as Biden doesn't do anything too stupid.

The real wild card will be if that 10-20% remainder of R's decide to show up at the Senate elections and vote R anyways even if they don't vote for Trump. If they do the R's will almost certainly get the Senate. If they don't then the D's can pick up a seat maaaaybe and will probably hold onto their current seats which is critical for getting anything done in 2025+.

*assuming the voting pattern stays broadly similar to 2020's. Which if anything there is reason to believe its shifted more a bit to the D's favor going by the mid terms and various special election results since then. Don't expect a blow out pro Biden vote though.

There's also the wildcard that it is the hardest thing in the world for a human being to do to say "I was wrong".

These GOP fuckers will just keep on doubling down because no matter how insane it gets it's easier than saying "you know what, maybe when my daughter-in-law got all mad and started yelling at me last year at Thanksgiving I should have listened to her"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

i shall commit for thee three crimes

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

There's also the wildcard that it is the hardest thing in the world for a human being to do to say "I was wrong".

Saying "I was wrong" is considered a sign of weakness in the US, and Americans are raised to despise weakness

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Saying "I was wrong" is considered a sign of weakness in the US, and Americans are raised to despise weakness

As a toxic principle for toxic people, yes. As a sign of humanity for everyone else including non-toxic Americans, no.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
When Trump loses in November (inshallah), will the stink of his being a two-time loser be enough to push away his supporters, or are they in so deep that they'll breathe in his stench until he dies, and beyond?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

When Trump loses in November (inshallah), will the stink of his being a two-time loser be enough to push away his supporters, or are they in so deep that they'll breathe in his stench until he dies, and beyond?

I think January 6th part 2: Electric Boogaloo will be much worse than the original

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I think January 6th part 2: Electric Boogaloo will be much worse than the original

For THEM.

Ashli Babbitt will finally have some company

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 17, 2024

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

as soon as they realized that they would suffer any real consequences for committing insurrection, most of the retirees that make up Trump's most crazy base bailed on any thought of actually sticking their neck out for him. They like when he's racist and hateful, like they want everyone to be, but the actual hardship of destroying democracy is a little too much work. And I don't see the far right militias organized nearly as well as they were before jan 6th. I think there's still a sentiment among white supremacist groups that Trump sold them out in the end, even if he is their best chance at an American apartheid.

just my observations on the front lines of chud central

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
That, and Biden is in the White House now, meaning the executive branch is not filled exclusively with people either actively working to overturn democracy or too cowed into submission to stop the former group. So any attempt to do another J6 would see that branch actively oppose them, instead of enabling them.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Jeremor posted:

as soon as they realized that they would suffer any real consequences for committing insurrection, most of the retirees that make up Trump's most crazy base bailed on any thought of actually sticking their neck out for him. They like when he's racist and hateful, like they want everyone to be, but the actual hardship of destroying democracy is a little too much work. And I don't see the far right militias organized nearly as well as they were before jan 6th. I think there's still a sentiment among white supremacist groups that Trump sold them out in the end, even if he is their best chance at an American apartheid.

They thought they had the backing of the White House. That the President of the United States was going to personal congratulate each and every one of them and shake their hand for committing felonies.

He loving bailed on THEM, but they'd rather believe that it's the Feds they have to fear, not the fact that the guy who encouraged them to fight like hell didn't do poo poo to help them (other than to stand around and watch them do their work on tv) and didn't pardon any of them.

I thought for sure he would pardon them as I watched the events unfold, the fact that he didn't is so telling about exactly what kind of person he is, to anyone rational and sane.

Not to his feral hog base, though...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

what do you think is going to happen, since you're so committed to this accelerationist viewpoint

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

Its something like 80-90% of the R base are total pisspigs and lunatics for Trump so they actually have to act this way or they'll get primaried out and replaced with some other, even more outrageously worshipful, pro Trump sycophant.

There is no Republican party anymore.

Its the Trump party at this point.

Really has been since at least J6 event when the then stronger R leadership had their chance to distance the party from Trump and decided to double down instead. They knew even back then it'd be the end of the Republican party as they knew it and best case they'd be set back like the Dems were in the 80's to mid 90's.

The good news is that the R's have set themselves up to lose power in a big way on a national setting over the next 2-3 presidential election cycles.

The bad news is that they actually have a good shot at winning this time around on the Presidential level are nearly assured the Senate and maaaybe the next and if they do win they'll totally go full fash.

The other good news is that 10-20% remainder of the R base that dislikes Trump and probably won't vote for him are sufficient to sink his election chances* so long as Biden doesn't do anything too stupid.

The real wild card will be if that 10-20% remainder of R's decide to show up at the Senate elections and vote R anyways even if they don't vote for Trump. If they do the R's will almost certainly get the Senate. If they don't then the D's can pick up a seat maaaaybe and will probably hold onto their current seats which is critical for getting anything done in 2025+.

*assuming the voting pattern stays broadly similar to 2020's. Which if anything there is reason to believe its shifted more a bit to the D's favor going by the mid terms and various special election results since then. Don't expect a blow out pro Biden vote though.

basing this nonsense off the latest polling numbers eh

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

For THEM.

Ashli Babbitt will finally have some company

I can't believe you forgot Taser Balls Man or the person holding a Gadsden flag that was tread on.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I can't believe you forgot Taser Balls Man or the person holding a Gadsden flag that was tread on.

True, true.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Totally normal thing to hear about in a functioning democracy:

https://x.com/ReutersLegal/status/1791427855190028538

Donald Trump wants to control the Justice Department and FBI. His allies have a plan

quote:

Donald Trump’s allies are assembling proposals to curtail the Justice Department’s independence and turn the nation’s top law enforcement body into an attack dog for conservative causes, nine people involved in the effort told Reuters. If successful, the overhaul could represent one of the most consequential actions of a second Trump presidency given the Justice Department’s role in protecting democratic institutions and upholding the rule of law.

The plan is essentially twofold, according to the nine people interviewed by Reuters, some of whom requested anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. First: flood the Justice Department with stalwart conservatives unlikely to say “no” to controversial orders from the White House. Second: restructure the department so key decisions are concentrated in the hands of administration loyalists rather than career bureaucrats.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Bleach blonde bad built body

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jeremor posted:

thats kinda my view. most of the chuds i interactic with now least online are either my age or younger then me who were mostly radicalized by too much 4chan and too much culture war grift. that being said some of it strikes me as dickhead contrarian phase i had when i was like 18 through 20 something and way way way to online. thats obviously not a defense but i suspect alot of them will mellow out of it.

i mean yeah no poo poo.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

The latter. There's no replacement as this is essentially a cult of personality thing now. Maybe one of his sons but can't see it happening.

It's interesting and alarming seeing this all play out but people will all too easily vote for a dictator who promises to hurt their perceived enemies. This time it's all the more extraordinary that the guy in question is such an obvious fraud and exceptionally stupid, even by stupid people's standards.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I saw some poll numbers yesterday, and all I can say is that I'm mentally preparing for a second Trump win. Namaste.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

busalover posted:

I saw some poll numbers yesterday, and all I can say is that I'm mentally preparing for a second Trump win. Namaste.

Polls this early are not reliable. Don't poll watch if this will make you sad.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
How long do you think the advisors attempted to explain the NATO funding issue before they gave up?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ManBoyChef posted:

This is something I find incredible. Most of the MAGA base are boomers right? They are the generation that the government invested the most in and received the benefit of a post war economy.

Then they slowly took the ladder up and made their own lives better.

Now people want a little bit of that investment that their parents received, and you have the people that received that amazing investment angry and voting to prevent that out of spite. They like when we struggle because they can sit there and go "I told you so." Thats why they like the "own the libs" people like MTG. It wont matter how many times she gets called out or corrected...they just like the cruelty towards people they believe are against them.

They are black mold brained...

Here is an example. My aunt stated that this is a judeo christian country...or founded on judeo christian beliefs. I told her it is not so, most of the Founding fathers were Deists. They believed in rational government, and they were actually escaping divine right style monarchies.

Very simple stuff. She thought that I was just being mean to her.

If I was just being mean I would have called her dumb.

Everything is also a personal attack on them. I think it might be why Trump's whole "They are doing this to me and I am blocking them from doing it to you!" poo poo works so well on them. The constant feelings of persecution.

This is just anecdotal. Anyone else have chuds in their lives that make having their wrong information pointed out to them a personal attack on them?

This is tangential and goes to a different point than yours but,

I may have mentioned this numerous times already but the most memorable moment for me in the John Adams series was when he's sitting at dinner with all the French aristocrats in clown makeup and he says:

"I must study politics and war so that my sons can study mathematics, commerce, and agriculture... so their sons can study poetry, painting, and music"

Which apparently is a real quote of his, which tracks because it's way too good to have been come up with by some HBO scriptwriter. And it really illustrates how divorced conservatives in general are from the philosophy they supposedly follow, which was that the early generations of this country were doing all the dirty hard work so that those of us who come later can have an easier time of it. Not so we would have to fight the same stupid battles and have the same lovely lives they did.

We're supposed to make things better for our descendants. We're supposed to be fulfilling the Star Trek dream of working to better ourselves and to enrich the human experience through exchange of culture and pure expression of the mind, no longer having to be mired in these stone-knife leopard-skin-wearing battles royales over meat scraps and chattel mates.

But this is all undermined by people who refuse to let their experiences be given less than what they think is the respect they're due. If the new generation has it easier than theirs did, if the kids are able to skip fighting a war and can instead be in an off-Broadway play or a Cirque production, it's not a fulfillment of Adams' dream but a betrayal of Hubert Chudman's MARINES HAT.

Personal grievance and selfishness instead of quiet satisfaction that they did what I would have thought they'd considerd their sacred DUTY to the next generation.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
And let's just reiterate because it should probably be said every single day from here to November - even if polls were useful, national polls are pointless, especially in an election which will probably come down to 50k votes across 5/6 states

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Bleach blonde bad built BUTCH body

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I feel like not testifying in your own defence when the charges are about something you specifically said and did is not a good look. Like it's either you are so innocent that there's no evidence against you and you don't have to do anything (no) or you are so guilty that you will immediately incriminate yourself (yes).

I don't think the prosecution even need to call him themselves, if he isn't called in his own defence he's basically admitting guilt.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

:haibrower:

Thank you for the correction.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

basing this nonsense off the latest polling numbers eh

possibly but i think one of the biggest issue the GOP/etc have is they are just whiny shithead fuckers who never ever shut the gently caress up and always play the victim and then defend extreamly bad poo poo and i think alot of normies are loving tired of that, its not even just twitter chuds anymore. its all of them, everything that happens starts up a new screaming grivance bitch fest about how THEY MADE SOMETHING WOKE or I poo poo MYSELF FOR TRUMP or SLURS SLURS SLURS. people hate a whiny shithead and trump and the GOP are that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

busalover posted:

Every special election the dems have overwhelmingly won for two years has polled like +30R but ok