Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Here's a rundown of banners currently up, from top to bottom:

Realms on Parade, which is a banner with 15 5 myth banners inside (pull on all these, both of you and tell us what you get)

Summer Sun Festival:Phase 2 -- this is a top quality Fire banner featuring Terra, Gilgamesh and Locke. Worth a pull and ending in 10.5 hours. Will be replaced with a top quality Noctis/Cloud/Aeris/Zack banner. That one is worth a TON of pulls because Aeris is getting a new amazing toy.

The next is Dissidia b2. This is bad.

The next two banners are Crystal Tower themed banners (gimmick monthly event). These two banners are even worse.

After those is Dissidia 1, which is bad.

Then we have the "Barbariccia event" banners, featuring Barbariccia as a new addition to the cast. The second banner has her tech and Palom's amazing USB. The first banner showcases new tech for both Cecils. Both banners are good and a fine place to pull of you like these characters. Powergaming-wise, b3 of fest is better for both of you though.

After this is a one-off FF1 WoL banner. It's good, but worse overall than the FF4 banners. Not recommended, but not bad.

Then finally come the Newcomer banners.

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

Here's a rundown of banners currently up, from top to bottom:

Realms on Parade, which is a banner with 15 5 myth banners inside (pull on all these, both of you and tell us what you get)

As of right now, my best weapons:
Durandal (VI)
Conductor (X)
Red Scorpion (IV)
Zantetsuken (VI)
Cutting Trigger (VIII)
Rune Blade (VII-CC)
Lifesaber (XIII)
Sargatanas (IX)
Wild Rose (II)
Mighty Hammer (III)
Force Knuckles (X)
Doom Mace (XII)
Bomb Core (IV)
Demon's Rod (V)
Starseeker (XIII)
2 Mythic Maracas (I)
Pixie's Scythe (VI)
Crystal Cross (VII)
Long Barrel R (VIII)

Armor:
Tiara (VI)
Vincent's Bandanna (VII-DoC)
White Choker (XV)
Kelger's Cloak (V)
Ironworks Healing Robe (XIV)
Ochiudo's Kote (XI)

Edit: did a pull on the summer banner before it goes and got Durandal for Terra.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 28, 2018

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Irony.or.Death posted:

I am also in the new casual camp so related question, what counts as a fest banner right now? There are like a billion of these things active - the free summer sun thing was obvious but there are also two different non-free summer sun things USB, USB with a IV, AO with a IV, AO with a I. I'm guessing the 5 mithril realms on parade is the definitely-pull stuff, but do we want to try to hit any of the others or just sit on remaining mithril after that?

And given the glut of free stuff right now do we want to mess with any of the typical rerolling nonsense or can we safely ignore that with this game?

edit: half answered while I was posting, thanks

I don't know about rerolling, it's not really a thing, although I guess if there's a way to do it you could keep trying until you get something good from the free pull / ROP banners but that would be a huge crapshoot and IDK what would be worth aiming for.

For new players right now, the realms on parade and any Lucky banners that are active are the best choices for your first mythril, after that the standard Fest banners (labeled as Phase 1, Phase 2, etc.. theres only 1 active at a time) are probably the best choice, as they give a good chance to pick up multiple strong relics for some of the top characters in their respective elements. Banner 2 up now is Fire, Banner 3 starting tonight will be Wind with Cloud/Zack/Aeris (and non-elemental, with Noctis - his stuff isn't great so I'm not a fan of this banner), Banner 4 starting the 30th is Water/Ice with Tidus/Squall/Rikku, and banner 5 will be Lightning/Earth (Garnet/Ashe/Tifa) 2 days after that.

In GENERAL, when evaluating banners, the standard is for them to have 4 6* relics, these days ideally they are all USB's or better (OSB's are mostly worse and not that desirable), then ~5 BSB's/Glints, then ~5 LMR's. Strictly speaking, USB's are what you actually want, while bursts are older tech that still have uses but won't carry you through the hardest content. LMR's vary from very good to very bad, but only provide passive boosts to characters and won't make a character good on their own. Glints are kind of new and special, usually providing a moderately powerful self-buff instantly and using only 1 SB bar instead of 2.

The best reason to focus on Fest banners is that they have 1 extra 6* relic, meaning you have better odds of getting better items. They also have more AOSB's and Chains, which are very powerful tools, and generally only have strong characters, so in terms of power the fest banners are the best choice. With that said, if you care more about using your favorite characters, looking at the other non-fest banners active right now, none of them are particularly good or bad - the one showing Vaan + Shantotto has an OSB on it, which isn't ideal, but the rest of the stuff is fine. The 'dark' banner with Garland/CoD is arguably worse, none of those characters are particularly good IMO. The Barbariccia + Palom banner is polarizing, literally - Barb+Palom are very good but Porom+P.Cecil's USB1 are not. On the next banner, double-Cecil, is actually quite solid if you want stuff for that boy-with-2-bodies, and the last banner, featuring FF1's Warrior of Light, is actually very good if you specifically want stuff for him in particular, but with Thief on the banner there's some serious duds also.

e:fb by ceaseless

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Diamond Weapon 350 difficulty took me nearly an hour. Not even difficult. Just unfun.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Did some hero unlocks to use my best available stuff, so my current party is Zidane, Yuna, Rydia, Terra, and my pink goddess, Lightning, and holy poo poo Lightning's limit break is absurd at this point.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

NinjaDebugger posted:

As of right now, my best weapons:
Conductor (X) - Yuna USB1 - A nice Medica. Generally, Raise isn't that great in FFRK because the ranking medals still count a death even if you've raised someone.

Red Scorpion (IV) - Rydia USB - A nice Faithga (Party Magic buff) mixed with offensive water power.

Zantetsuken (VI) - No SB

Cutting Trigger (VIII) - Squall SSB - Very old an not really good.

Rune Blade (VII-CC) - Zack BSB - Imperil Wind, which lowers bosses wind resistance 20% (and can stack three times). Not that strong, but bursts are nice for starting players who don't have well hones abilities

Lifesaber (XIII) - Lightning Glint - Good for really quick lightning damage. Glints only take 1 SB bar to cast which lets get Lightning running a lot faster then other characters

Sargatanas (IX) - Zidane BSB2 - Enwind, or "Infuse with the power of wind". They boost ability damage by 50% and Soul Break damage by 80% if the element matches. Zidane actually has good BSB commands that debuff and apply party buffs.

Wild Rose (II) - Scott BSB - Enfire relic. A lot of BSBs follow Scott's format of an ability boost for the first command, and a Bargain command (offensive stat buff with a defensive debuff) on the second.

Mighty Hammer (III) - Luneth LMR - Legend Materia are bonus effects for a character, and some of them come on relics. Sadly, most are only useful if you have SBs for the character.

Force Knuckles (X) - Rikku SSB2 - First AoE ATK/MAG buff other then Rydia USB, so it can be really useful with someone else using the Hastega spells.

Doom Mace (XII) - Penelo BSB2 - Another Medica.You might like this better then Yuna's while you have low ability hones for White Magic

Bomb Core (IV) - Tellah SSB - Has a niche in Magicite as the Party Instant Cast effect is nice for speed clears, and can now be used with the Hastega spell.

Demon's Rod (V) - Exdeath BSB - Imperil Dark. Nothing too special about it other then a BSB command being Memento Mori.

Starseeker (XIII) - Serah SSB1 - Bad. That said, there are really specific situations where AoE slow is really useful.

2 Mythic Maracas (I) - Echo SSB2 - If you don't recognize her, she's from Mobius, another mobile game. It's an AoE debuff. Not great, but useful occasionally.

Pixie's Scythe (VI) - Mog LMR - Same LMR spiel as before.

Crystal Cross (VII) - Yuffie SSB - AoE Blink has uses, but Yuffie doesn't being much else at all with this.

Long Barrel R (VIII) - Irvine BSB2 - Imperil Fire

Durandal (VI) - Terra ASB - Arcane Overstrike Soul Breaks take three SB bars, but deal really high damage. ASBs can only be used once per battle. Combine this with your Terra SSB and she'll be a powerhouse against anything that doesn't resist fire. Wrath will be useful for her.

Armor:
Tiara (VI) - Terra SSB2 - Enfire relic. Significant mainly because you got Terra's ASB.

Vincent's Bandanna (VII-DoC) - Vincent LMR - Same LMR spiel as before.

White Choker (XV) - Iris SSB - A decent Hastega since Crit buff SBs are sorta rare. Can combine with your Rikku/Tellah SSBs on a physical team, although the issue is you'll be doubling up on White mages if you want to take a Medica.

Kelger's Cloak (V) - Kelger LMR

Ironworks Healing Robe (XIV) - Y'shtola LMR

Ochiudo's Kote (XI) - Ayame SSB - A self-buff and Instant Hastega. Not really that great.

Top relics in my opinion:
Terra AOSB/SSB combo - Extremely strong Fire damage. The AOSB by itself can take out lots of early bosses.
Rydia USB - A Faithga for mage teams, and a strong water relic.
Yuna USB or Penelo BSB2 - Personal preference. Yuna USB is better over the long term, but Penelo will be invaluable while honing up white magic.
Lightning Glint - The 1 SB bar will make it great for quick damage early on, and will continue to shine once you have better Lightning abilities for her.
Rikku SSB - Great in the interim, and will be another good party buff with someone else using the Hastega spell. Rikku also has Dancer access, which means she can debuff enemies, which is particularly important with anything with defence piercing attacks.
Zidane BSB2 - Not the strongest relic, but the AoE buffing and debuffing on the commands keep him useful.

You technically have all of the basics required for FFRK (Hastega, which was released as an ability yesterday, a party buff, a Wall relic which comes free with Book 2 and a Medica). This means you don't need to really worry too much about your book picks, although I'd still reccomend Ramza SSB for Book 5, but Quina SSB is a good option for someone with an FF9 bias. I'd still ask before you pick anything here or on the Discord which I've only heard good things about.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 28, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Thundercracker posted:

Diamond Weapon 350 difficulty took me nearly an hour. Not even difficult. Just unfun.

Any tips for the 350 weapons?

I almost got Sapphire on the first try but the bullshit dispels in the last phase made me really mad so I have little interest in trying again. The others seem even harder.

I hate AoE dispel SO loving MUCH.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Other random Book of Trials choice advice for new players - Book 3 is a choice of healing SSB's, since you probably won't have many other healing options the best one BY FAR is FF3's Arc, which gives an INSTANT large heal + physical blink.

Book 4, most people use this to give +elemental boost gear, of which FF9 Quina's is probably the most useful, as water gear is rare and the SB itself is party +50% attack which is useful. FFX Jecht's jorts are similar, but dark boost armor is more common.

Book 5, every single option is a party buff of some variety, so you can't do too badly whatever your choice. Ramza is possibly the strongest choice - Shout is a classic, giving haste + 50% atk, and Ramza himself is a good support character. If you need a mage buff, Montblanc is similar, haste + mag/mnd+30%, and he can use black magic + dances for AOE debuffing. Alphinaud is another solid option - ATK/MAG+30% isn't as great these days since hybrid teams aren't desirable usually, but it also grants Radiant Shield which causes bosses to damage themself when they hit you.

Book 6, another healing choice, for BSB's you generally want one where Command 1 becomes an instant heal, and Command 2 is a party heal. Deuce is a great choice, with a +atk/mag+30% buff she can open with a buff for your team and follow up with free healing and bardsongs for further buffs if needed. Other good options are Larsa or Iris, both of which provide Astra, which blocks debuffs from 1 attack, which is VERY strong in certain fights, to the point of being almost mandatory.

Book 7, a big pile of offensive BSB's, all of which provide an elemental infuse to boost damage. If you have an OSB you MAY consider picking for that character, as infuse + OSB can do good damage, but OSB's are out of the meta at this point. The top choices IMO are FF2 Maria, or FF14 Papalymo - FF6 Terra is also a good choice but it also shows up on banners a LOT so you'll probably end up with one. FF12 Vayne is an option if you want someone Dark - he can be used for both physical and magical teams. Last, Bartz is worth a special mention, he's probably the top spellblade in the game with his USB so if you have that or plan on going for it in the future, picking one of his many BSB's can be good. Alphinaud is a good choice as well BUT you can and should pick him on book 9 instead. Papalymo's is worth special consideration as it is a +fire rod which is uniquely valuable to Terra, who has few +fire weapon options, and she's one of the most popular characters who shows up a lot.

Book 8 is another selection of BSB's, many of which were also available on 7 (Terra / Papalymo / Maria). However there are some new options that buff the party instead of giving element infuse, the top option being FF13 Cid Raines, which for a long time was THE magical holy/dark bsb of choice. It's less powerful these days but still good. Other options are FF3 Cloud of Darkness, a party mag buff that also dooms, which is uniquely useful for dark mag teams which benefit from the doom 'debuff'. FF1 Echo is a possibility if you want a debuffer, with an AOE pentabreak opener and -atk / -mag commands and dances, she can be a potent solo debuffer which is useful in most content aside from Magicites. If you want +elemental gear, FF10 Lulu's robe is the only +ice choice in all the books, and FF6 Strago is one of few magic water options.

Finally, Book 9 is 'summoning' themed. Alphinaud is the strongest choice by far and one of very few wind mages in the game. However you do have a 33% chance of getting it from the free pull from this book, in which case you can choose whatever. If you really want another healer option, Relm's is here for some reason and gives Last Stand.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Indecisive posted:

and FF6 Strago is one of few magic water options.

It's also unique in that one of the commands pierces resistance, so it does consistent damage even against really high level bosses.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I just started this game and I've saved up some mithril - should I be doing USB and ASB pulls? I've already done a couple pulls on banner 2 on the event and have Terra's ASB and her armlet from the event.

I really just kind of feel like doing a few random pulls from each banner that comes along that has chains, USBs or ASBs to reduce the chance of duplicates and build up of a solid base of characters but I don't want to get 2 months in and realize I wasted a bunch of my free mithril.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

vaginite posted:

I just started this game and I've saved up some mithril - should I be doing USB and ASB pulls? I've already done a couple pulls on banner 2 on the event and have Terra's ASB and her armlet from the event.

I really just kind of feel like doing a few random pulls from each banner that comes along that has chains, USBs or ASBs to reduce the chance of duplicates and build up of a solid base of characters but I don't want to get 2 months in and realize I wasted a bunch of my free mithril.

That's a good idea, with the current Fest ongoing, I'd suggest just focusing on those banners - the 3rd fest banner appears at 9pm EST tonight, and they're up for 2 days at a time so you have a few days in between to keep collecting mythril. And of course the realms on parade / lucky draws if you haven't.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

Done, thanks (and thanks to everyone else who chimed in!) for the advice.

Results for all my parade/assorted free pulls and one round on the Tera/Locke/Gilgamesh banner because I love Gilgamesh:

6*
Selene Bow (II)
Apocalypse (V)
Gilgamesh's Guise (V)
Wizard Rod (IX)
Holy Rod (IX)
Apocalypse (X)
Deathbringer (XII)
Aldebarans (XIII)
Lilith Rod Zeta (XIV)
Cocytus (XV)

5*
Cat-ear Cap (I)
Wild Rose (II)
Royal Sword (III)
Spirit Ring (III)
Bastard Sword (V) x2
Celes's Cloak (VI)
Asura's Rod (VI)
Kaiser Knuckles (VII)
Crescent Wish (VIII)
Red Scorpion (VIII)
Rikku's Dagger (X)
Moonglow Rod (X)
Tactician Magician's Cuffs (XI)
Dalmascan Warblade (XII)
Holy Shield (XIV)

That feels like a really high rate of 6*s for what I would expect from a gacha game

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Indecisive posted:

That's a good idea, with the current Fest ongoing, I'd suggest just focusing on those banners - the 3rd fest banner appears at 9pm EST tonight, and they're up for 2 days at a time so you have a few days in between to keep collecting mythril. And of course the realms on parade / lucky draws if you haven't.

Thank you - sorry this a newb question but what’s a lucky draw? Can’t seem to get a solid answer from google.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

vaginite posted:

Thank you - sorry this a newb question but what’s a lucky draw? Can’t seem to get a solid answer from google.

Maybe they're gone or you did them already - they go away after you do them so I can't check or give a screenshot myself. If you don't see any don't worry about it! They're just relic draws that are 1-time-only half-price pulls, usually for certain realms, or themed for only healing items, or buffs, or something like that. NOT to be confused with the newcomer banners.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

vaginite posted:

Half price but you can only draw once. Sometimes they are worth it, sometimes they aren't.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I feel Rude's burst should be mentioned if we're giving AA advice. +earth fist is real useful for monks/ninjas and I may pick it up if I don't get Tifa's +earth fist on banner 5

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

True, I just tried to avoid going too far into the elemental stuff since new players need good soul breaks more than +ele gear

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Nihilarian posted:

I feel Rude's burst should be mentioned if we're giving AA advice. +earth fist is real useful for monks/ninjas and I may pick it up if I don't get Tifa's +earth fist on banner 5

It also has about the same magic as attack for a few applicable characters: Onion Knight (if you have mUSB/BSB) and Red XIII (earth chain 2.0 in the future)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Indecisive posted:

True, I just tried to avoid going too far into the elemental stuff since new players need good soul breaks more than +ele gear
fair

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Thanks guys

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Irony.or.Death posted:

That feels like a really high rate of 6*s for what I would expect from a gacha game

RK’s gacha is definitely much kinder as far as rates go than the other two FF gacha games. It still has it’s moments where you can go 1/11 and get an LMR/Glint for a character that you don’t have anything else for, though, or get multiple dupes on the same dang pull!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

So I reasoned out that with only one dupe, banner 2 would be my best bet. I have sent good fire options, but I figured I'd future proof myself with some great aosb or usb or even lmrs for Terra or Locke. Anything Terra or Locke would rule, and any disco would rule, and just about anything except for Vivi bsb or gilgy lmr would be rad.

Crap. Well only two dupes, let's try agai-

Well gently caress.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Made me laugh when the weapons popped up the other day, I had literally just been wondering why they hadn't shown up yet/if they had in Japan.

Anyway, Hydra ended up on the list of Magicites I could reliably do so I got a bunch and I've just been levelling those up. Got lots of Lightning stuff and then Water stuff, so those two aren't too bad even before Magicite equips and actually I have a lot of Fire too. Think I'll just get the whole lot nice and strong before trying the 4* ones. It's just nice being lazy and having Sunday Special available all the time

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Any tips for the 350 weapons?

My secret so far has been, surprisingly enough, BSBs. The fights are long, there's no bullshit 30s timer, and several of them are osmose happy. I do lean heavily on instacast medica USBs to keep everyone alive long enough though. Here's what I did so far:

Diamond: Alphinaud's BSB is off-element, but it's instant cast summon, so as long as you have one other summoner on the team you only take one or two attacks between openings and then you get a nice breather to heal/wrath up. My other DPS were Hope and Raines BSBs and I had Edward entrusting Eiko for her USB.
Sapphire: I copy-pasted my Tiamat team basically: Squall BSB2 and Ayame BSB+Hailstorm and then entrusters feeding Eiko for instant rehaste after they got Squall and Ayame going.
Ruby: Alphinaud, Fujin, and Raines BSBs, Edward cast his USB and was the sacrificial lamb, Larsa BSB for the astra against confuse and cmd1 spam.
Emerald: I caved and used Terra's USB+OSB here (plus free trance activation), with Papa BSB, and Edge ninja magic (and USB0) supporting. I'm agreeing with others that this is the hardest (so far).

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

What setup and sacrifice did you use for Edward? I have all of your Ruby Weapon setup except Larsa BSB, which Iris BSB is probably good enough to fake, and had issues last night with just two DPS.

As for Diamond Weapon I think I can just copy your setup but with Meia instead of Hope and some other instacast USB person instead of Eiko. How much did the Last Stand matter for you? I don't have Eiko USB but I do have Selphie's.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

What setup and sacrifice did you use for Edward? I have all of your Ruby Weapon setup except Larsa BSB, which Iris BSB is probably good enough to fake, and had issues last night with just two DPS.

Edward just had MM, cast his USB, entrusted someone and ate the auto-ko attack. Put him in the middle so he takes both of the AoE attacks, but you may still have to do some strategic healing to make sure he has the lowest HP. Any faithga would probably be fine here, you don't even need haste since you're going to be using whatever Mog's Raider equivalent is, and everyone should be in constant burst mode once the fight gets going. In retrospect, Shelke might've been a better option since I was doing fine even after Edward's buff wore off.

NGDBSS posted:

As for Diamond Weapon I think I can just copy your setup but with Meia instead of Hope and some other instacast USB person instead of Eiko. How much did the Last Stand matter for you? I don't have Eiko USB but I do have Selphie's.

For Hope I mostly used my already honed 4* summons to open the core and relied on BSB commands once it was open. Last stand definitely gives a nice buffer if you weren't able to top everyone off or if he does a strong attack after closing again. Selphie should be good, I think my Eiko was leftover from me trying to make a haste-less faithga work

Honestly all of those builds are probably very suboptimal, but since we don't have to grind them like magicites I just went for some simple, safe stuff that got the job done once. The main thing is that slow and steady is totally viable on these guys (except maybe Emerald because he goes bonkers at the end) so don't get stuck in the sub30 mindset. I was trying to blitz them down and it just wasn't working for me. If there's interest I can do a full write-up but I'm not sure when I'll have time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I have never encounted a mobile game that crashes and freezes more than this one does...

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

I have never encounted a mobile game that crashes and freezes more than this one does...

I don't have freezes very often but I do crash at least once a day. What kills me is the long, long load times. I'm on an S8 and its still slow as hell transitioning between anything.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Combo posted:

I don't have freezes very often but I do crash at least once a day. What kills me is the long, long load times. I'm on an S8 and its still slow as hell transitioning between anything.

Have you not cleared your cache recently, or is your phone memory nearly maxed out? Both will contribute to longer load times.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ETB posted:

Have you not cleared your cache recently, or is your phone memory nearly maxed out? Both will contribute to longer load times.

I mean I quit for a while between last fest and this one but I still logged in every day to get my mythril. So its only been installed since maybe January again.

Phone memory is nowhere near maxed out.

I'll give clearing the cache a shot but its not like I have 2 years of assets hanging around.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
2 x 11: Aerith USB2, Cloud BSB2 dupe
1 x 11: Cloud AOSB

Very happy that I got my main goal, Aerith USB2. Zack's chain would've been nice though...

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

:pusheen:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Pull 1: Aeris LMR/11 :geno:
Pull 2: Iris BSB (dupe), Aeris USB2 x2 :toot:
Pull 3...

Yeah that'll do. Contemplating chasing the rest of the Cloud stuff because I already have his USB1 and I could really use +wind stuff... I'm gonna have to think about it. Chasing on banner 1 really backfired on me.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Only 1/11 but that one was Cloud USB2 so I'll take it. I already have Zack's Wind chain so no more pulls for me on this banner. I already have Cloud USB1, so I'm wondering what's better - running Cloud with OK pUSB and just using that or slotting in a different boostga and trying to double up on Cloud's USBs? My only other good phys wind damage is Zidane's Imperil/1 hit chase USB.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tempted to do another pull, but I'm not sure if other banners are worth saving for...

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Hell yeah both aeris relics I wanted!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

Tempted to do another pull, but I'm not sure if other banners are worth saving for...

Hey look my exact pull.

Cloud USB2 was new, others were dupes.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

First pull Cloud usb2, second pull Cloud Glint and Zack chain, Zack bsb (dupe), great after no six star on the fire banner. :D

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
100 g: Cloud USB2. Good start!
#1: 1/11: Noctis Glint. Okay, something new.
#2: 1/11: Iris BSB (dupe)
#3: 3/11: Noctis Glint (dupe), Cloud BSB2 (dupe), Aerith LMR
#4: 1/11: Noctis Glint (dupe). Fuuck, wanted to do four pulls max but this just hurts.
#5: 1/11: Iris BSB (dupe). FML.
#6: 3/11: Cloud ASB, Noctis Glint (dupe), Noctis BSB (dupe)

9 dupes... gotta stop... already two pulls over the max I wanted to do. Had a feeling I'd get burned on this banner, I always get burned on banners with Zack's chain... goodbye forever. :( At least Cloud is now actually capable of some wind stuff.

That's 12 pulls in across IV-2 (3x), Phase 1 (2x), Phase 2 (1x) and Phase 3 (6x...), missing every main target. Was going for Palom USB, Barbariccia USB, Elarra USB, Terra USB/ASB, Aerith USB2 and Zack CSB.

Instead my new gains are Porom USB, P.Cecil USB1, Edge LMR, Barbariccia LMR, Ramza CSB, Locke USB1/BSB2, Cloud USB2/ASB, Noctis Glint and Aerith LMR.

Not the greatest fest so far, but at least got some decent to good consolation prizes. Still got 8 pulls left to budget so the rest needs to go to Phase 5 and future banners like FFT probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I have a bit of a dilemma now.

I'll have enough to pull at least one more time by the end of the fest. Problem being that I'm strong as hell with water/ice and earth (plus I have like every Tifa relic) so I'm kind of shying away from banners 4 and 5.

I could use more wind and definitely (surprisingly) more holy/dark. I'm considering a pull on banner 1 of the IV event, is that stupid?

• Locked thread