Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!

Gamerofthegame posted:

she hasn't worked there for three years, lol

She hasn't been in management there for three years. She is still the VA for Glynda Goodwitch. That is a very important distinction you aren't making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

He does acknowledge in the letter that RT is a business, so he's not surprised at how things happened. He's offended that RT, in his eyes, disrespected his best friend, his best friend's wife, and his best friend's legacy.

Whether or not this is the actually the case is up to interpretation.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I mean, yeah, it feels like kind of a dickish thing to say, but even though the show was Monty's pride and joy... A lot of stuff from the latter half of S1 and most of S2 was really, really bad. And while they're probably still going to work with the general plot beats he'd drafted up before he kicked the bucket, it's only fair that they get to change less important things up in order to make them more interesting.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a shame they couldn't make it more interesting in Season 3 and now it's just boring

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Gotta clean the slate a bit before you can draw even more stuff on it though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

GMArcturus posted:

She hasn't been in management there for three years. She is still the VA for Glynda Goodwitch. That is a very important distinction you aren't making.

She also formally left the company under not-so-great circumstances, so she's not exactly coming from an unbiased position.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TFRazorsaw posted:

She also formally left the company under not-so-great circumstances, so she's not exactly coming from an unbiased position.

Wait, what?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Covok posted:

Wait, what?

There was a thing that went down, what, three years ago? Where she and Barbara had an altercation where Kathleen thought she wasn't being a good enough "role model".

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

TFRazorsaw posted:

There was a thing that went down, what, three years ago? Where she and Barbara had an altercation where Kathleen thought she wasn't being a good enough "role model".

She also threw a fit on Twitter a few years ago because she decided Rooster Teeth wasn't promoting her personal charity work enough and declared she wouldn't be attending RTX anymore.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
RWBY Chibi could stand to be more like Carnival Phantasm.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
It was like watching Jimmy Neutron or something.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

RWBY Chibi could stand to be more like Carnival Phantasm.

If it gets to "Silly poo poo that makes light fun of the source material" (like the shorts on DC Nation) on a consistent basis and cleans up the models to not look like the mutant offspring of a Pop Vinyl and a Nendroid I'll be happy.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

ConanThe3rd posted:

If it gets to "Silly poo poo that makes light fun of the source material" (like the shorts on DC Nation) on a consistent basis and cleans up the models to not look like the mutant offspring of a Pop Vinyl and a Nendroid I'll be happy.

From the side the detail looks fine, in an almost Doramon sort of way, but from the front it's weird having the tiny nose, like Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Weird. I mean, what does Barbara even do to be a good or bad "role model?" Hell, when does the PR lead of a media company need to be a "role model" for their customers?

Never considered Roosterteeth an e-drama source so this is weird for me. Not that I think bad poo poo don't happen there, but that I usually don't hear about it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Covok posted:

Weird. I mean, what does Barbara even do to be a good or bad "role model?" Hell, when does the PR lead of a media company need to be a "role model" for their customers?

Never considered Roosterteeth an e-drama source so this is weird for me. Not that I think bad poo poo don't happen there, but that I usually don't hear about it.

I think the one advantage of RT going all corporate is that it makes any e drama less likely to end friendships from the people we follow. :unsmith:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Covok posted:

It was over her making obscene gestures in one video (read: involving a word that rhymes with "horatio"), and Kathleen went on social media talking about how female role models needed a better standard of behavior. It led to a thing.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Covok posted:

She ends up talking about sex a lot on the podcasts, and even if her title is PR lead in this modern age she's in front of the camera she's also a 'content provider'

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Considering the majority of RT's output, I don't think Kathleen has any right to expect things like that.

I mean she herself is known for playing a character who kicked a guy in the dick for hours on end.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Episode Two of RWBY Chibi was loads better.

JamesBCrazy
Jul 1, 2014

Vengeance is a sucker's game.
Episode 3... not so much.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It got better as it went I feel.

The play episode was pretty great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It definitely got much better as it went and it ended today for people on youtube and Season 4 is out now on RT's website apparently and next week for those of us who don't want to pay money to watch Rwby.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

At the end of the weekend on RT's site if you're not a subscriber, IIRC.

E: also, is there gonna be a new thread/OP?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
The charm of this show was how awful everything outside the fight scenes were. Those bits getting better just moved it from hilariously bad to normal bad.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I can't believe that the synchtubes will return soon

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAbwhVOwJQw

Yep, still looks pretty Anime (also the timing on those reactions is hilarious)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
lol looks like you go can go pretty far just by switching to a decent program

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Stormgale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAbwhVOwJQw

Yep, still looks pretty Anime (also the timing on those reactions is hilarious)

Good to know the singer for all their music still hasn't been told how off-key she is.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

lol looks like you go can go pretty far just by switching to a decent program not using loving poser!

FTFY

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Gamerofthegame posted:

lol looks like you go can go pretty far just by switching to a decent program

Gentlemen, BEHOLD! FACIAL ANIMATIONS!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The first synchronize will be the last two episodes of season 3, the first episode of season 4, the world building released between seasons 3 and 4, chibi 1-5

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Synchronise? What do you mean?
Anyway, first episode was pretty good, particularly the fight scene which is ultimately what RWBY is all about, I kind of wish they had done a longer episode and shown what the rest of team RWBY were up to though maybe that's what the first four episodes will cover.
Also, if it's even still possible with the software change, I really would love to see something like the fight against the Nevermore and Death Stalker from volume one or the food fight from volume 2 redone in each volume's art style to really see the progression.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 24, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Synchtube

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
This is a weird first reaction to the new series but holy poo poo did that tilled field look awful. The ground looked like the sort of out of place stock asset you get in a ten minute "my first 3d game" project.

Other than that very specific complaint, it wasn't as bad as I was afraid it was going to be.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Taciturn Tactician posted:

This is a weird first reaction to the new series but holy poo poo did that tilled field look awful. The ground looked like the sort of out of place stock asset you get in a ten minute "my first 3d game" project.

Other than that very specific complaint, it wasn't as bad as I was afraid it was going to be.

That entire sequence had some glaring issues, mostly with the basic concept of "If you introduce a new character, tell us why we should give a poo poo about him".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Agreed. How the gently caress are you supposed to be able to tell why and how he's linked to that opening sequence, especially since he's probably not going to come up again for at least a few episodes if they're going to do an episode on what each of the main four have been up to? Hell, we don't even know if he's going to be showing up again at all, or if it was just some random villager for a "look what we can do with our new program!" scene.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Current speculation is that's the spring maiden.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Stormgale posted:

Current speculation is that's the spring maiden.

it's kinda obvious yeah

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Huh, and here I got the impression they were just a (male) random farmer guy who's ~totally~ gonna be important half the season from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The maidens are explicitly female so ???

• Locked thread