Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I will limply and ineffectually plead for someone to have the F15's drop bombs on something

They won't win the fight in the west by themselves and absolutely need to be coordinated around a ground push of some sort, but they're very very big explosions that can be called in on very short notice by crack american JTACs and unlike the fuckfail apaches wont waste all their ATGMs on APCs goddammit

And not for nothing: it'll look cool for the spectators, even if all the bombs do is move mud around :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Since this game doesn't actually model anything being blown into a million pieces the 2000lb bombs just make a crater so big they'll entirely swallow a T-90 fun fact

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
I think with the arrival of B Company Having a couple of extra MGs is less important. It makes sense to get everybody consolidated again.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Generation Internet posted:

Since this game doesn't actually model anything being blown into a million pieces the 2000lb bombs just make a crater so big they'll entirely swallow a T-90 fun fact

According to Wikipedia:

Wikipedia posted:

The Mark 84 is capable of forming a crater 50 feet (15.2 m) wide and 36 ft (11.0 m) deep. It can penetrate up to 15 inches (381.0 mm) of metal or 11 ft (3.4 m) of concrete, depending on the height from which it is dropped, and causes lethal fragmentation to a radius of 400 yards (365.8 m).

All for the low low price of $3100.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

New Orders

Units shown are to move quick along the yellow lines and then move along blue.

All other units continue previous orders.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
A/B Company Orders

A Company
Platoons are to move to the lines as indicated below in preparation to press West.

B Company Bradleys
Once infantry is dismounted, move to the pink/red Xs. Bradleys move slow behind the troops through
those trees if possible.

!!!FOR GOD"S SAKE GRAB SOME JAVELINS AND AT-4s BEFORE EXITING THE VEHICLES!!!

pthighs fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 20, 2017

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
2nd/3rd Platoon, A Company, Orders

I'm not sure which of my units are 2nd and 3rd platoons exactly, but they should move quick from their current positions
to the positions indicated below. Move quick and hunt the last 30m or so.

pthighs fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 19, 2017

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
If you want more ATGMs covering the T-90 field, roll up the weapons platoon that arrived with the convoy and stick 'em there.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
We're too spread out, but we're in contact and we need to resolve it before we displace.

Orders for 1st Platoon, 2nd Ukrainian Company

Continue orders, except the larger maneuver unit (2nd Squad A Team? No video access at the moment) next to the enemy BTR that drove into the eastern woods to escape the Apache should try to stalk and rocket it.

If this would involve walking into Apache fire or out into the open, abort and try to work south toward our BTR park.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Orders are final!

Gonna run the turn tonight, but I may not render/upload until tomorrow sometime just as a heads up.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97c-SQ-g77s

Save 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0c090dtokosl7r/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2040%20NATO%20Replay.bts?dl=0
Save 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/akuoeysaa6us98o/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2041%20NATO%20Replay.bts?dl=0

Orders Tuesday!

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Orders: 1st Armored

Continue previous orders.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The poor Ukrainians continue to get clowned. Props to that one get in the center getting shot at by half the RUS army though.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
First Company Orders

By some miracle, we've managed to hold off the Russians long enough for reinforcements to arrive. However, this has cost us dearly-our company has probably taken ~60-70% casualties by this point, with the forces remaining in the forest tattered and fragmented. But not broken.

At this point, there aren't too many orders I think I need to give. The only one that I think might be necessary is for ro5s to pull back his remaining forces slightly to the east, both to straighten them out and so that they can be better supported by the MGs that are now set up should the Russians try and push again. Otherwise, continue to hold positions, and know that we've cost them badly, and that because of your actions we may be able to hold onto this godforsaken crossroads yet.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

First Company Orders

By some miracle, we've managed to hold off the Russians long enough for reinforcements to arrive. However, this has cost us dearly-our company has probably taken ~60-70% casualties by this point, with the forces remaining in the forest tattered and fragmented. But not broken.

At this point, there aren't too many orders I think I need to give. The only one that I think might be necessary is for ro5s to pull back his remaining forces slightly to the east, both to straighten them out and so that they can be better supported by the MGs that are now set up should the Russians try and push again. Otherwise, continue to hold positions, and know that we've cost them badly, and that because of your actions we may be able to hold onto this godforsaken crossroads yet.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few turns, if they keep pushing or if we've done enough damage that they'll need to stop.

1st Company, 1st Platoon

Have the squads move back to the yellow line with the platoon commander about 10 metres behind, finish facing West. Keep the squads fairly close together, just enough spacing that a grenade won't take out multiple squads.

ro5s fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 24, 2017

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

2 Platoon, QUICK north along the white line and hold and the marked location.

3 Platoon. HALT! Hold position.

1 Platoon, The Merry Marauder. Keep your scouts. Keep the rest of your unit on the red line.

ATGM BTR QUICK along the purple line, pick up the MG and ATGM teams. Move to the treeline. Move the ATGM and MG team along the yellow line and deploy them in the treeline facing the field.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
A/B Company Orders

A Company
Continue previous orders

pthighs posted:

A Company
Platoons are to move to the lines as indicated below in preparation to press West.

B Company

It's a bit difficult for me to see the landscape from the video, but the intent is
to move B Co infantry to the trees in between the two roads and hunt from the South up to
the edge of the road to peer across. Bradleys should follow at slow speed in a line abreast,
staying at least 50 m or so behind the infantry.

Keep the FO and HQ back a bit.

pthighs fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 24, 2017

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

pthighs posted:

A/B Company Orders

A Company
Continue previous orders

B Company

<TBD>
1st Company/Acebuckeye, do you want B Company infantry coming up from the South, or reinforcing your lines from the East?

Since we've spotted Russian infantry already in the forest near the crossroads, I'd have those troops try and sweep through the forest from the south before swinging west, to try and clear out any troops that have gotten behind us. Something along the lines of:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ikasuhito posted:

New Orders

Units shown are to move quick along the yellow lines and then Hunt along blue.

Changed move to hunt, otherwise continue orders.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Continue orders from last turn.

pthighs posted:

I'm not sure which of my units are 2nd and 3rd platoons exactly, but they should move quick from their current positions
to the positions indicated below. Move quick and hunt the last 30m or so.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Heads up, I'm going to end up running the turn tomorrow because I'm too tired to responsibly move pixelmen for other people right now.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

1st Armored

All tanks, Move Fast to the Bulat's line of advance (or whatever that tank is already down there), then face NW. Do not go over "the line" where the T64 was knocked out.

Chunky: if we're not already engaged next turn, let's plow right over that ridgeline where the ATGM got taken out and start loving them up.

The Oldest Man fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 25, 2017

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

The Oldest Man posted:

1st Armored

All tanks, Move Fast to the Bulat's line of advance (or whatever that tank is already down there), then face NW. Do not go over "the line" where the T64 was knocked out.

Chunky: if we're not already engaged next turn, let's plow right over that ridgeline where the ATGM got taken out and start loving them up.

Please for the love of god wait until 2co can help you. The entire point was for infantry and armor to hit at the same time so their tanks will end up taking a atgm or at round in the side whether they want to or not!

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Orders are final

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

dtkozl posted:

Please for the love of god wait until 2co can help you. The entire point was for infantry and armor to hit at the same time so their tanks will end up taking a atgm or at round in the side whether they want to or not!

2co better get their poo poo together.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Io6Z6o4Z6w

Save 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lycuxx2qnou5m9t/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2042%20NATO%20Replay.bts?dl=0
Save 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ohge1pvj03e0vd/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2043%20NATO%20Replay.bts?dl=0

Orders Sunday!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

They're in the trees man! They're all around us!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
They also seem to be trying to sniff out the base of fire element in Ribeye in advance of whatever the hell it is they're planning in Junction

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Chunky Monkey posted:

2co better get their poo poo together.

2 Company has had it's poo poo together this entire time. We were told to hold the forest protecting the western exit. We're doing that. We're ready to push forwards and support the armored push and the American push, when everyone else is in position.

Oh, and we've accomplished all that with the loss of two platoon commanders.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Good stuff, I'm surprised the drone can't see anything. Maybe we could call in some arty along that far western tree line?

At what point do we want to get those guys back in the village moving west? It would be a shame if they got stuck.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Bacarruda posted:

2 Company has had it's poo poo together this entire time. We were told to hold the forest protecting the western exit. We're doing that. We're ready to push forwards and support the armored push and the American push, when everyone else is in position.

Oh, and we've accomplished all that with the loss of two platoon commanders.

We're hearing this from you and wait from dtkozl. Are we charging or waiting?

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

2 Company has hit more resistance than expected. The original plan was to advance and then defend against enemy attacks. That is why 2 company was moving into the woods. But it's turned into a meeting engagement. So 2 Company is pausing until the Americans are on line. Then we'll resume the attack.

--
Orders

Carry on.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

In that case we will wait for the other tank (tanks?) to show up. My Oplot should arrive next turn.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Do we have any plans concerning artillery in the coming attack? Since we have a drone in the air and a general idea where they are it might be worth dropping some mortars on their heads before/while we attack.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

The Oldest Man posted:

I just want you guys to coordinate with 2 Co so you got some infantry backing up the tanks with rpgs. Both tanks and men should move up to firing positions at the same time.

edit: and if you guys wanna yell at someone yell at me. If anyone screwed something up it is me.

dtkozl fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 29, 2017

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

The Oldest Man posted:

In that case we will wait for the other tank (tanks?) to show up. My Oplot should arrive next turn.

Works for me, I'd expect my Abrams to arrive this next set of turns as well.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ikasuhito posted:

New Orders

Units shown are to move quick along the yellow lines and then Hunt along blue.

Continue as shown.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Chunky Monkey posted:

Works for me, I'd expect my Abrams to arrive this next set of turns as well.

Bacarruda: can we expect 2co's infantry to go forward after next turn?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Orders are final!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
drat, sorry, it's been a busy weekend.

• Locked thread