Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

This 'well, even if he's town, he should be eliminated because of suboptimal town play' thing is really bothering me.

I'm already aware that's a weakness of mine and that it can't be applied universally, him just parking his votes on only freebies when it was end of day and basically saying he wanted an effective nolunch was just SO bad I thought "come on even if you think I'm wrong you gotta draw a line somewhere"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Talking to Bif in masonry, I would not immediately vote Bif once Sandwolf goes down. I want to see how the vote here goes. If I was voting two people right now, however, it would be Bif and Sandwolf.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

lmao as someone’s who’s been eliminated by me as scum several times recently you *should* know better than this but alas

This post has set me off because I made a very good meta case on Sandwolf being scum yesterday.

I am not unvoting this guy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Quick question, how do you convince someone to agree with you? Asking for a friend.

I agree wholeheartedly with merk.

I've been thinking about why I'm alive. Scum could be afraid of a watcher, but taste also said he believes he was roleblocked. Mafia edit, going to go check that is correct. Okay yes. So scum could have blocked me easily instead of taste, not even risking a blocked kill to deny me results.

I have to think there is likely a ninja.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mafia, imo, is not only a fun puzzle to figure out who is scum, (or how to fool the others, if you are scum), but also improv humor, yelling therapy, a bit of kayfabe roleplaying, and also, sometimes, an outlet to try and just assert that your way of seeing things and doing things is the most correct.

Sometimes I wonder if merk actually engaging in this unconfirmed masonry at all is just a ploy to keep me onside by throwing me a bone.

But if so, I choose to give a Pavlovian reward to this behaviour

##vote Sandwolf

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##vote Sandwolf

Okay, now that he's dead can we kill binus?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amnistar posted:

##vote Sandwolf

Okay, now that he's dead can we kill binus?

Unfortunately, no.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##unvote

Just in case my vote reverts back once Sandwolf gets moved outta live players

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Wait do we not get s flip

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

dunno. But ##vote binus

Please kill scum binus, the scum that has admitted to killing someone.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What do you think about Obama, Amni? Or Hal, for that matter.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
How funny would it be if the scumteam is hal Obama and sandwolf

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Amnistar posted:

dunno. But ##vote binus

Please kill scum binus, the scum that has admitted to killing someone.

Amni if you’re town and cause me to fail my wincon I’m gonna be really pissed. Your tunneling of me is getting ridiculous

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

How funny would it be if the scumteam is hal Obama and sandwolf

Meh, not that funny, the time Gulag got to choose a scumteam and picked everyone with a name starting with M, now that was funny

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

b-minus1 (1): Amnistar, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Amnistar, Amnistar
Amnistar (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (8): b-minus1, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Hal Insandenza, merk, ObamaAkbar., Somberbrero, t a s t e

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 28th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 1 hour.

BIG EXCITING MAFIA

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Hey, yeah I see that Sandwolf is hammered. Flip is end of day. Phone posting, but the day continues.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok so how bout those lurkers

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Amni if you’re town and cause me to fail my wincon I’m gonna be really pissed. Your tunneling of me is getting ridiculous

You're not town and you killed someone. I'm sorry for seeing that as a threat to town.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Amnistar posted:

You're not town and you killed someone. I'm sorry for seeing that as a threat to town.

I mean that’s fair, I’m not town and used my one action that unfortunately resulted in a town death. But as I’ve stated many times, at this point I’m still playing to kill scum because that’s the easiest way to achieve my wincon. And if you’re town you can’t really afford to kill me at this point in the game. Your team is getting owned pretty badly by scum lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote obama

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Gulag also sus af. Interesting how amni didn’t feel the need to point out ths gulag voted sandwolf and then vanished

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

I mean that’s fair, I’m not town and used my one action that unfortunately resulted in a town death. But as I’ve stated many times, at this point I’m still playing to kill scum because that’s the easiest way to achieve my wincon. And if you’re town you can’t really afford to kill me at this point in the game. Your team is getting owned pretty badly by scum lol

Hence why we should kill you, scum player binus.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mate if you can't even convince me to kill binus you might as well move on lol

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Mate if you can't even convince me to kill binus you might as well move on lol

Naw, I'm going to leave my vote on binus and be useless until one of the two of us is dead.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Amni the only reason I'm not voting you for that is between that and your immediate claim, it just occurred to me that a circus-themed game is one of the few times it might be acceptable to use the jester role

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Bifauxnen posted:

Amni the only reason I'm not voting you for that is between that and your immediate claim, it just occurred to me that a circus-themed game is one of the few times it might be acceptable to use the jester role
Oh poo poo. Earlier today I was doing some setup spec and concluded that a 4 man scum team in a 14 player setup would be too unbalanced. I was a late edition and I doubt there was any major modification to existing teams. Which is why I’m a 3p survivor. I could see the original setup being 3 scum 10 town and a 3p role. My pm talks about how I will do whatever it takes to go to clown college. Maybe the jester failed out of clown college and wants revenge lmao. Could also explain why amni lurked d1.wanted to get that day execution. Oh man we just solved the game. Ok I’m convinced. Not voting amni for the rest Of the game

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

This might be lylo already as I’m not convinced sandwolf was scum tbh. Hal has been laying low all game and I’ll wager if we lunch him we’ll finally flip scum ##vote hal

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

My town read of bif is faltering too. It doesn’t help that she’s accused me twice now of following her lead when I was earlier on both the somber and grandi lunches

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

For clarity

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Somberbrero (6): Sandwolf, ObamaAkbar., merk, Mr. Humalong, b-minus1, Bifauxnen
Retro Futurist (1): merk, GulagDolls, merk, merk, merk, merk, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, b-minus1, ObamaAkbar., b-minus1, merk, merk, ObamaAkbar., merk, b-minus1, Bifauxnen
merk (1): Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Retro Futurist, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Amnistar
Amnistar (1): merk, merk, Grandicap, Amnistar, merk, merk, Amnistar
Julias (1): Julias, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, b-minus1
b-minus1 (1): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar
Sandwolf (0): merk, merk
Bifauxnen (0): merk, merk
Grandicap (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (3): Hal Insandenza, Somberbrero, t a s t e

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 9 minutes.

BIG EXCITING MAFIA

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Grandicap (8): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, ObamaAkbar., Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, GulagDolls, b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, Julias, merk
merk (3): Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Retro Futurist, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Amnistar, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Julias, Julias
Sandwolf (2): merk, merk, merk, Somberbrero, merk, merk, merk, Grandicap
t a s t e (0): b-minus1, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, b-minus1
Retro Futurist (0): merk, GulagDolls, merk, merk, merk, merk, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, b-minus1, ObamaAkbar., b-minus1, merk, merk, ObamaAkbar., merk, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, merk, merk, merk, merk, Bifauxnen, merk, merk, GulagDolls
Hal Insandenza (0): merk, merk
ObamaAkbar. (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Amnistar (0): merk, merk, Grandicap, Amnistar, merk, merk, Amnistar, Grandicap
Julias (0): Julias, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, b-minus1, Julias
Bifauxnen (0): merk, merk
Somberbrero (0): Sandwolf, ObamaAkbar., merk, Mr. Humalong, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, Sandwolf, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, merk, merk, merk, ObamaAkbar.
b-minus1 (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar, Amnistar

Not Voting (1): t a s t e

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 24th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 minutes.

BIG EXCITING MAFIA

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm prolly just gonna vote Obama but let's see if Hal shows up hey

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm prolly just gonna vote Obama but let's see if Hal shows up hey

I am here and awake! At least for a bit before work, but then my schedule is much freer than it has been the last week.

RIP friend sandwolf.

I haven't seen a scum flip in like 3 games in a row now this is getting disheartening

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ObamaAkbar. posted:

This might be lylo already as I’m not convinced sandwolf was scum tbh. Hal has been laying low all game and I’ll wager if we lunch him we’ll finally flip scum ##vote hal

Let us wager friend

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Oh poo poo. Earlier today I was doing some setup spec and concluded that a 4 man scum team in a 14 player setup would be too unbalanced. I was a late edition and I doubt there was any major modification to existing teams. Which is why I’m a 3p survivor. I could see the original setup being 3 scum 10 town and a 3p role. My pm talks about how I will do whatever it takes to go to clown college. Maybe the jester failed out of clown college and wants revenge lmao. Could also explain why amni lurked d1.wanted to get that day execution. Oh man we just solved the game. Ok I’m convinced. Not voting amni for the rest Of the game

How can anyone want to vote this guy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

You know this didn't even occur to me, but I have been wondering why amni has been playing like he wants to be killed (like literally asking for it) all game.

But I also think regular old scum amni would also think this was a pretty good tactic to not get lunched

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote Obama

Town drunkpostin

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I didn’t read last night again but will here this morning over some coffee.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Obama

Town drunkpostin

Gotta admit I dont like him sneaking that vote on me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Obama

Town drunkpostin

merk posted:

I didn’t read last night again but will here this morning over some coffee.

Sounds like this is the time to get some answers in that masonry lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Sounds like this is the time to get some answers in that masonry lol

There are no answers only shitposting about Survivor, since my pure D1 reads were apparently off I got no fuckin clue this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Oh man, This set-up spec just reveals that binus is, in fact, not 3rd party. Because he thinks *I'm* third party.

Vote binus.