Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

when i pull out i make sure to aim at the clock so we can both remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9abuK_8iis

Just learned about Bridges, the band that became a-ha

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fox Kids Escaflowne
https://youtu.be/d5ZXbrqPjKM

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

when i pull out i make sure to aim at the clock so we can both remember

I also get hard thinking about how we only have a limited amount of time left on earth.

Before we die of old age, not climate change. I know you get a hard on thinking about that.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

littleorv posted:

I also get hard thinking about how we only have a limited amount of time left on earth.

Before we die of old age, not climate change. I know you get a hard on thinking about that.

drat stair is a little freak!!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Wark Say posted:

My sincere apologies, Hogama.
The mock outrage was just to put more effort into the joke beyond quoting MST3K's Daddy-O episode (which happened to feature Williams's first film score)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

drat stair is a little freak!!

i learned it from watching you

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Phoneposting so don't have links at the ready and such and apologies if this is a goddamn wall-o-text to all the phone-only-goons :ohdear:, but while he's not the "Noel Gallagher of soundtracks" or anything of that sort, for someone who studied music and had to listen to tons of work it's still pretty goddamn obvious dude is a massive plagiarist. Like for the main Star Wars theme alone he carved three or four old-timey shows soundtracks like turkeys and stitched them back together. Pretty certain that the Jaws theme is also lifted partially from one of Dvorak operas.

And while I know that's like "Eh, big deal, all artists steal" (which is mostly true), but like Hans Zimmer has admitted it. Kurt Cobain admitted that "Smells Like Teen Spirit..." is basically "More than a feeling" and like 3 Pixies songs smashed together (also Kathleen Hanna teasing Kurt and her bandmate Tobi Vail :3:); hell, Noel fookin' Gallagher has never been shy about his riff thievery and even credited Stevie goddamn Wonder for one of the Oasis songs he blatantly stole riffs from. Like even Maná (Mexican band) has sorta copped to all the Police/Sting thievery of their first few records. And that's fine.

That gladiator piece of Zimmer? Great inspiration material. "Smells Like Teen Spirit"? One of the first goddamn songs I've learned to play properly and got paid for while busking, along with Jawbreaker's "Boxcar", Fugazi's "Song #1" and "Merchandise". "Step Out"? Probably one of the better Noel-sung songs Oasis has.

So cop to it, ya' old fart.

For some reason this post has me wracking my brain trying to remember which song I learned to play from beginning to end on guitar first. My first guitar was an old Fender relic from the 70s with a huge neck that my tiny hands couldnt do chords on, so I remember switching to drop d tuning specifically to learn Tool's Forty Six & 2, but I dont think I mastered it for a while. Its either Unsung by Helmet or Root by Deftones. Or Freak by silverchair.

Also that poo poo is all from 25+ years ago and around the same time I watched my first ever anime (Dragon Ball) which is making me feel old as gently caress right now. :corsair:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

For some reason this post has me wracking my brain trying to remember which song I learned to play from beginning to end on guitar first. My first guitar was an old Fender relic from the 70s with a huge neck that my tiny hands couldnt do chords on, so I remember switching to drop d tuning specifically to learn Tool's Forty Six & 2, but I dont think I mastered it for a while. Its either Unsung by Helmet or Root by Deftones. Or Freak by silverchair.

Also that poo poo is all from 25+ years ago and around the same time I watched my first ever anime (Dragon Ball) which is making me feel old as gently caress right now. :corsair:
Oh my drat. :allears:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

wark I havnt touched my guitar in probably 8 years. Once upon a time I knew how to play this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vjJrGeh1c

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That unironically rules. :)

e: Oh, you have PM's now! Check out what I just sent you!

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 31, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Like I legit like/care about some of Mark Hamill's work as a voice actor (Fire Lord Ozai, Majima, the Joker, etc) more than any of the turns he had at playing Luke Skywalker or anything tangentially related to Star Wars (maybe with the exception of The Hidden Fortress, I guess? Great loving movie); it's just a funny story from way back in the 90's/my music school days about how one of my teachers talked about plagiarism in music and how creators should just be honest about where their body of work comes from.

My sincere apologies, Hogama.

Mark Hamill did Ozai????

Unrelated, but I finished Hanebado (manga version). Final match felt a bit anticlimactic for a series-end match, but I guess part of the point was that at that point they're mostly playing for fun rather than getting super super into it. Still, liked it overall, mangaka can draw action well, wonder what they'll do next.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

I've used the clack-clack before. It is indeed awesome.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

violence for namtab, kicks with boot for others

The only violence you inflict upon me is my having to read your posts

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

goon on goon posting violence‽

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

D. Ebdrup posted:

That is a solid loving post, Endorph.
Too often these niche subculture things go unexplored and I wasn't really aware of this one, but now I've got a whole tab explosion going because of you.

When i watch certain anime i get a tab explosion too

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Namtab posted:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Namtab posted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Namtab posted:

The only violence you inflict upon me is my having to read your posts

You cant name 10 posts of mine.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Was Inuyasha an Isekai? Never saw more than a couple episodes, but I recall a schoolgirl in a demon world or something

Also, the true best isekai was that episode where the enterprise meets a satellite looking thing and it scans Picard and he learns to play the flute

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

who would've thought everyone would get incredibly weird about their sexual potency after a woman made fun of them for it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Inuyasha was time travel rather than a completely alternate world, but was in all other senses an isekai.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Aurora posted:

who would've thought everyone would get incredibly weird about their sexual potency after a woman made fun of them for it

Were making jokes you dingus

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

*flicks you on the head*

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Its very important in very troubling times to find laughter where you can, and for me i enjoy posting like a silly goober constantly but with sincerity instead of irony.

Makes life hurt less.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

drat, love to be talked down to

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

You can only lose in that contest because you have the best Lum

*second best

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Aurora posted:

drat, love to be talked down to

If you wanna accuse me of something you have to do it with strength in your heart

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I shant accuse you weakly

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Finna get heated and taste some blood

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

maybe you should stop just dismissing people as unchill or w/e when they're grossed out by dudes talking about how much they cum

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Aurora posted:

maybe you should stop just dismissing people as unchill or w/e when they're grossed out by dudes talking about how much they cum

Just post that youre uncomfortable then, what you did was more passive agressive bullshit

Ill apologize for making people uncomfortable

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1211514166428626944

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shut up shark

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Just post that youre uncomfortable then, what you did was more passive agressive bullshit

Ill apologize for making people uncomfortable

drat i'm sorry for not having the tone you wanted

maybe next time that will result in you not talking down to a woman being grossed out about something and playing it off as just jokes bro

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

shut up shark

Naw im real heated now

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Love to be black and told to be quiet let me tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008