Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

nice. water is my favorite anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Amphigory posted:

The gently caress? I'm wrecking folks with it

And I let out to much frustration from the last month by killing a load of waterbenders with the chains. loving gently caress YOU

The bowcaster is pretty fun but the blaster just isn’t working for me

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Truther Vandross posted:

Just holding the button down and firing nonstop is working pretty well for me

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the blaster just feels insanely inaccurate, almost like it's a reference to the movies

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

i tried lego fornite when it first came out but the inventory management was very bad and annoying. has it changed since release?

i think the concept of lego fornite is very cool and kinda wanna jump back in

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

pmchem posted:

i tried lego fornite when it first came out but the inventory management was very bad and annoying. has it changed since release?

Some qol has made it better. But it is still a little annoying. The game is very much "early access model"

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
they need the thing from Dragon's Dogma 2 where stuff you have stored in chests in a base can be used in crafting in the base.

Yeah, The Bow Caster is really fun.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Truther Vandross posted:

Aye, the bowcaster is great

I've got all the related quests for that already, it's just that fun

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

pmchem posted:

They increased the stack size on (most) resources from 30 to 50. They've also added smart deposit, so now you can put a single stack of a resource in a chest manually then toss the rest of your stacks of the same resource into the chest with a single button. Depending on how close to launch you played it, they also buffed the tool durability pretty substantially once. They've also added vehicles in, so you can build a big rig full of chests if you want to go wild and carry more than your inventory supports. I wish the stacks were larger and the largest chests still feel too small, but once you build a giant chest/crafting warehouse it's not so bad.

It definitely still feels beta-y (there's three biomes and the progression through each is very similar) but I'm having a lot of fun with it and the Star Wars update is pretty fun.

I'd recommend toying with the custom options before starting a world. I've always played with inventory drop on death turned off (some people use the drop-on-death backpack markers to indicate landmarks, but hitting the Respawn button to go back to base with a full inventory is a must-have for the game) but I've been considering starting over with stamina, temperature, and maybe hunger and/or death turned off. The stamina system is generally unfun (there's no real way to gain more stamina, it runs out way too fast, and the glider uses your stamina so it really limits your mobility) and hunger isn't an issue once you get an NPC or two to cook food for you. Temperature isn't so bad (you can craft inventory items/food to negate the effect) but it gets a little tedious and it's annoying to manually switch my build back and forth between hot mode and cold mode.

The Star Wars update feels like a good step in the right direction. As long as they keep developing the mode (hopefully they will; the player count feels low but iirc Lego sank a bunch of money into Epic) I'm optimistic that it'll keep getting better.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

"Lego's player count is low" as I'm looking at Rocket Racing having a lower player count than the 300th creative tycoon reskin

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Dragon Quest Builders 2 is what lego fortnite will eventually be if they're lucky.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Did they just give a freebie from Korra's quest? Cause I got her glider, since I never had the cash to hire alot of NPCs.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Fancy Hat! posted:

Did they just give a freebie from Korra's quest? Cause I got her glider, since I never had the cash to hire alot of NPCs.

I think what happens is later in the season they will just kind of give people quest completion if a certain quest has proved to be difficult for people to finish? The same thing happened with that Dr. Doom skin ages ago that required you unlock a match based skin and then win the match, I sure was never getting that but one day they just seemed to give it to me for no reason. End of every season also seems to throw a bunch of pity completions at me as well where I suddenly get a bunch of levels and rewards I didn't actually finish.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fancy Hat! posted:

Did you save Chewie? Apparently that counts as “hiring”

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I got that quite easily as I always have a poo poo load of gold and I just landed mostly at the same spot and hired each game until I got it

Was a grind though

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Amphigory posted:

I got that quite easily as I always have a poo poo load of gold and I just landed mostly at the same spot and hired each game until I got it

Was a grind though

the pro strat on that was to hire two npcs, because you can only have one with you but that makes the other free to re-hire

anyway that quest got auto completed: https://twitter.com/FortniteStatus/status/1787935323952914455

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Is there a way or a website to view any emote with any skin? Fortnite.gg just has the 1 video for each emote. I don't think there is, but checking just in case.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

parasyte posted:

the pro strat on that was to hire two npcs, because you can only have one with you but that makes the other free to re-hire

I still have so much to learn

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

in lego fortnite, is there anything particularly useful to do with the damaged blasters that stormtroopers drop? can I sell them, or deconstruct them, combine them, or anything? I've just been blasting with them until they run out of durability

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1789965596093780327?t=Txvh2Fd-YONyZ42pPIks_Q&s=19

:haw:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Was there previously a beetlejoyce collab or is that new

E: I’m leaving that typo

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I guess some poo poo happened with Mount Olympus & Pandora's Box? I guess they did some sort of midday live event? Ha, I always miss these weird season enders.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Fancy Hat! posted:

I guess some poo poo happened with Mount Olympus & Pandora's Box? I guess they did some sort of midday live event? Ha, I always miss these weird season enders.

It's weird that they happen just like, on a Thursday or whatever. Even if you don't include adults playing this game, having events like that happen on weekdays seems like a weird choice.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Macaluso posted:

It's weird that they happen just like, on a Thursday or whatever. Even if you don't include adults playing this game, having events like that happen on weekdays seems like a weird choice.

Alternatively, it’s the only way they can do it without the servers crashing

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Leaks aside, feels all but certain to be a Furiosa aligned season
https://x.com/ShiinaBR/status/1791167490074050769

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whens this season end i didnt play after lady gaga

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Super No Vacancy posted:

whens this season end i didnt play after lady gaga

The 24th, I think.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Didn't play this last season, the battlepass and overall theme I thought were exceptionally weak, but it's been kinda nice to take a break from the game. I am more curious about this upcoming season, sounds promising.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
lol i was there for that! i was playing in the lightning, tried to land on the statue's hands, eventually just drove away wondering why everything was so red and why the lightning was so loud.

edit: i mean the lead up stuff, the actual event i missed

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://x.com/FortniteGame/status/1791499072789979575

So not Mad Max. Shame.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Fortnite does more than one thing at a time during seasons- like how this past one had Avatar and Star Wars- so this doesn't mean no Mad Max.

Might be they're using this season to do a bunch of wasteland/post-apoc collabs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

deserts are so big rn

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
avatar was ftw. i might skip this one though unless theres stuff i really like. taking a season off is good for me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Oh apparently that's a Fallout thing? Honk shoo honk shoo meemeemeemee

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont even like tv but the show is improbably good. better than the bethesda games at minimum

at least one video game company managed to capitalize on it

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

oh poo poo can't wait to play as my favorite recognizable fallout character,

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Abroham Lincoln posted:

oh poo poo can't wait to play as my favorite recognizable fallout character,

It’s gonna be Arcade Gannon and Primm Slim

Mix.