Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Final Pam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Super No Vacancy posted:

i dont even like tv but the show is improbably good. better than the bethesda games at minimum

at least one video game company managed to capitalize on it

It is very very funny that Fortnite was better prepared for Bethesda's tv show success than Bethesda.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Super No Vacancy posted:

deserts are so bighot rn

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Mix. posted:

Deathclaw skin would own

If they're gonna put in a deathclaw skin then I want this deathclaw dance
https://youtu.be/4FN8u-mB1js?si=_u9yHSjqUum_-e3J

Subtitles are mandatory for enjoyment

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
they should put Phil Spencer's house in the map so we can nuke it more

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I liked this season but I also like Greek mythology, so. Battlepass skins were all pretty good, especially the women. I've been running around as Artemis/Aphrodite/Medusa most of the season and having a good time, even if I've apparently only played like 40 rounds total of Battle Royale and Team combined (based on my Thank the Bus Driver count).

I'm also like 30 levels behind finishing the pass but I think I'll be able to grind it out. Probably taking the next season off (at least from buying the BP) but aesthetically I enjoyed this season.

Also the Hades Chains are fun as hell; hope they get added to the creative zombie maps I play sometimes

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I wish they'd add more melee weapons, they're always my favorite weapons of the season.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am very ready to be done with waterbending and chains

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

gently caress the waterbending meta all day everyday

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I am very ready to be done with always be using waterbending and chains

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

went on a waterbending spree only to be waterbended today at #3. hoisted by my own petard

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Chains are fun because almost no one else knows how to use them. Also I had to play build for the first time in years and the chains are hilarious against people's big fancy towers.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

waterbending controller players is my favorite part of the current season after months of being shotgunned forever and ever

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Going to be sad when this Fortnite season is done and I can’t scrub my way into 10 kills per match with waterbending and chains

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i like the star wars collabs because i'm always looking for ways to tell other players i'm a pervert without actually saying it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
waterbending is horrible for the game. chains are fun but they're a little too good

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there a “flinch” component to Fortnite like there is to other shooters? Sometimes I feel like I just can’t recover aim if I get hit close up like with the chains. It might also be that I haven’t gotten gud enough.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Is there a “flinch” component to Fortnite like there is to other shooters? Sometimes I feel like I just can’t recover aim if I get hit close up like with the chains. It might also be that I haven’t gotten gud enough.

Yeah, if you get hit your aim flinches. It's why snipers aren't too busted in this game when they very much could be.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
C5S2 was another welcome season to add to Fortnite's precarious modular stack, but a very slight & noncommittal one that I doubt I'll end up remembering all too fondly. If all of the branding indicated that this was still the prior season, I wouldn't have noticed any major shift, even with the grandiosity of how Mount Olympus and The Underworld look.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Sea Lily posted:

Yeah, if you get hit your aim flinches. It's why snipers aren't too busted in this game when they very much could be.

afaik they removed flinch years ago. I don't perceive any anyway

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Feeling excited about tomorrow...

Good luck everyone!

If any newbies want to play with goons we can link the discord again 😁

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

key art dropped

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Erin Esurance is finally in Fortnite!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Magneto's a good collab skin, though doing a Marvel character before what's supposedly going to be another Marvel-themed season might end up feeling like a bit much. Hopefully he's like story-relevant or something and they're leading into that stuff?

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Nevermind that poo poo, 3 peas in a pod character! Now that's what I'm talking about.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I thought the iron vulture flew

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

funni meme game collab

https://x.com/iFireMonkey/status/1793919757323997584

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I wonder how late the negotiations for the Mad Max collab fell through. Fallout must have been a backup option right?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Did the Doctor Who collab get cancelled?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pinterest Mom posted:

I wonder how late the negotiations for the Mad Max collab fell through. Fallout must have been a backup option right?

For real, this is mad max as hell

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i remember the bus! it was great up until people figured out you can just hop on the hood and shoot the helpless driver

these concept arts are always great, the trouble is no one actually drives cars. and, if they do, they hop out the first time you fire at them

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The vehicles turrets are really funny because it's so easy to forge a mini alliance in solos, literally just press E when you're about to get run over. I've been the designated gunner for a complete stranger in three matches in a row

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

FauxLeather posted:

The vehicles turrets are really funny because it's so easy to forge a mini alliance in solos, literally just press E when you're about to get run over. I've been the designated gunner for a complete stranger in three matches in a row

Oh, so that’s why some cars were capable of shooting whereas I wasn’t.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Blorknorg posted:

Nevermind that poo poo, 3 peas in a pod character! Now that's what I'm talking about.

Hell yeah, Peabody crew represent. Gonna check this stuff out later tonight.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There is a fun new bug where there is some combo of car explosions and (maybe?) water that will make your character unable to move, but also unable to take damage from the storm

Zemie is currently in a like 40 minute long match where him and the remaining player are both bugged, both in the storm, both unable to move and both unable to die. Its whoever quits to lobby first

https://clips.twitch.tv/AdventurousRudeApeSoonerLater-u9VRFSuP4WntkPX3

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the boss car is so busted lol

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

sure wish there was a way to toggle directly between driver and gunner without having to go via the passenger seats though

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

the gloves....... are good.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Car turrets are so unbelievably broken strong I hope they don't nerf them and this becomes The Thing to do this season lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So what’s the over/under they tried to secure the brand deal with Mad Max Furiosa, couldn’t get it and went “eh gently caress it, we’ll do the theme anyway.”