Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Article I read said he thought it was just normal security to get in so he did the same thing he’d done previous days - wave his special access permit and drive on - and the cop flipped out that his authority wasn’t being respected and tried to put the car in a choke hold

He’s a rich gently caress so I’m willing to believe he’s lying but that sounds exactly like the kind of thing that could happen at an event like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i wonder if he screamed "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" during the misunderstanding lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

i cant help but feel like i would remember someone having made such an extremely specific recommendation in the past

the jumanji board game is remarkably garbage btw you wouldnt think that would be hard to do

Somebody else (I wanna say Hootington?) found a copy at a yard sale or something and I endorsed it

And Jumanji actually does seem hard to pull off imo bc the standards are too high to start (it can't actually summon Robin Williams or what have you)

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Some Guy TT posted:

the jumanji board game is remarkably garbage btw you wouldnt think that would be hard to do

Isn't the game, as depicted in the movie, a pretty outdated roll to move?

Without the magic, it doesn't seem like a very interesting or fun game.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spergin Morlock posted:

i wonder if he screamed "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" during the misunderstanding lol
Both were yelling it at each other

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Article I read said he thought it was just normal security to get in so he did the same thing he’d done previous days - wave his special access permit and drive on - and the cop flipped out that his authority wasn’t being respected and tried to put the car in a choke hold

He’s a rich gently caress so I’m willing to believe he’s lying but that sounds exactly like the kind of thing that could happen at an event like this

do you even hear yourself? he ripped the cop's loving pants!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

my daughter likes ads a lot, I think because the only time she sees them is when there's live sports on

very disgusted to learn that youre not watching the wnba with your daughter and inspiring her to love womens athletics the wnbas new season just started and caitlyn clark went pro! that reminds me i should check and see how shes doing and awww nuts

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

sonatinas posted:

i think buying ad free stuff has helped because the few times my kid has seen an ad I’ve had to deprogram it .

now that she can read she comments on all this free poo poo we can get or discounts and I’m like yeah we have to buy stuff or sign up for their apps to get all this free stuff and here is why we are not …

thankfully my spouse is on the same page and tells her they’re straight up not telling the whole truth.

sorry this sounds like bad parenting to me good parenting is when you do your best to hide any information that might force your kids to think too hard everybody knows that

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Some Guy TT posted:

very disgusted to learn that youre not watching the wnba with your daughter and inspiring her to love womens athletics the wnbas new season just started and caitlyn clark went pro! that reminds me i should check and see how shes doing and awww nuts

shut up

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Some Guy TT posted:

i don;t think they ever specified what live sports they were wATching

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

According to the film’s publicists, “American Pop art was about to explode on the international scene with a dynamic exhibition that was bound to be questioned.”

They said art world insiders and dealer Leo Castelli “embarked on a daring plan to make Robert Rauschenberg the winner of the Grand Prize, then known as the International Prize for Painting. Although he had the potential to dazzle, Robert Rauschenberg was yet to be taken seriously by the art establishment in the early 1960s. His groundbreaking work known as ‘combines’ merged painting and sculpture with found objects and pop culture images in new ways that had not been seen before.”

Taking Venice, the publicists added, “explores the impact in Europe of a tumultuous cultural shift that fixed the art world’s gaze on contemporary American art with New York as its epicenter. On screen, The New Yorker writer and author Calvin Tomkins, who covered the 1964 Biennale, Alice Denney, who helped engineer the U.S. shenanigans, and the artist Christo recall the audacious events. (And artist Jasper Johns) recounts his relationship with Robert Rauschenberg in art and life.

Wallach said, “There are moments in the film that sting with what we have lost and moments that encapsulate what we have gained. The stakes are even higher now than they were at the scandal-drenched Biennale, as artists everywhere try to create a way forward. My goal is to make films about art that leap out of the art world and into a reckoning with what’s relevant in our lives though the stories that they tell.”

According to the publicists, Taking Venice “illustrates how Rauschenberg’s seminal art developed, explores the art scene that produced it, chronicles its enduring influence on artists today, and looks at art by other legendary American artists who showed in Venice that year: among them James Rosenquist, Roy Lichtenstein, Frank Stella, Jim Dine, Claes Oldenburg and John Chamberlain.”

The film ends in 2022, when artist Simone Leigh, the first Black woman to represent the U.S. at the Venice Biennale, transformed the American Pavilion to critical acclaim.

“The accusation that a new breed of American art dealers, Leo Castelli and his ex-wife, Ileana Sonnabend, was conspiring in New York and Paris to manipulate the art market further developed into a toxic anti-American expansionism brew in this tense moment at the height of the Cold War,” the publicists concluded.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

CaptainBeefart posted:

There's a CBS sitcom starring Mike from Mike & Molly and he lost so much weight it's off-putting to look at him.

smdh at all the toxic fatphobia in our culture forcing mike from mike and molly to adhere to unreasonable beauty standards

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

does gollum uh have a backstory i was kind of under the impression he was just dicking around one day and found the ring by accident slowly having it consume his entire life in a tragic demonstration of the rings power that wouldnt have been terribly interesting to watch

anyway in an unrelated topic did anyone see kai cenats elden ring marathon on twitch i hear it took him 166 hours

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Hoping someone can bring Christopher Tolkein back to life

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Some Guy TT posted:

does gollum uh have a backstory

yes. his backstory is

Some Guy TT posted:

he was just dicking around one day and found the ring by accident slowly having it consume his entire life in a tragic demonstration of the rings power

but that's not what the movie is about. it's about the stuff that happens between Gandalf leaving after Bilbo's party and when he shows up to ask Frodo if it was secret/safe*

*obviously I’m referring to the movie chronology which leaves several intervening visits and developments out. in the books the time between those two movie scenes is 17 years

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gollum is a funny one because he is actually a good character to do side stuff on, he's been basically halfway across Middle Earth and back and gotten involved in all kinds of crazy poo poo trying to get the Ring back. I'd said before that a Gollum stealth game on paper would be perfect for him, they just happened to have no idea what they were doing.

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knImeAiO1qc

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gollum is a funny one because he is actually a good character to do side stuff on, he's been basically halfway across Middle Earth and back and gotten involved in all kinds of crazy poo poo trying to get the Ring back. I'd said before that a Gollum stealth game on paper would be perfect for him, they just happened to have no idea what they were doing.

Gollum stealth game would be a lot of fun especially since you could have him sneaking around all kinds of set-pieces from the books you never get to see as he wanders around like the rebuilding of dale and the dwarves in Moria and just get creative

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Gollum stealth game would be a lot of fun especially since you could have him sneaking around all kinds of set-pieces from the books you never get to see as he wanders around like the rebuilding of dale and the dwarves in Moria and just get creative
Forrest Gollum

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Forrest Gollum

Mama always said life is like an unsucked egg

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Forrest Gollum

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

yeah seriously ive always felt an open world survival Gollum game would crush - like have him fresh outta prison after squealing his guts out about the Bagginsis, he's hungry for the precious and also hungry the normal way, there's a big well-documented world between here and there and all of it despises Gollum

just have this vague glow on the horizon that represents "the pull of the ring" and leave Gollum to their own rancid, sniveling, fetid devices

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it should be a stealth campaign game where you can play as Gollum evading Aragorn/Gandalf or you play as Aragorn trying to track and capture Gollum

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they hsould make a silmarillion video gmae

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

playing as manwe as you slay melkors minions before imprisoning him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it could work as a tactics style game I suppose

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i just learned that george w bushs daughter jenna bush is apparently the host of an hour long morning talk show on nbc and that she runs a book club??? and that she ascended to this position after the severed trump head joke incident of 2017 eventually forced kathie lee gifford out of the job

cant help but feel like this is an ominous metaphor for our political culture

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
You're thinking of Kathy Griffin

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Sil

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you didnt even list the og one
-_-

https://www.roguebasin.com/index.php/Angband

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

it should be a stealth campaign game where you can play as Gollum evading Aragorn/Gandalf or you play as Aragorn trying to track and capture Gollum

They'd have vastly different playstyles obv

Like the Genesis game where you can play as Road Runner or Wile E Coyote, or the other Genesis game where you can play as Dr Grant or a velociraptor

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

We had this one on like ten floppy discs when I was a kid and I was really bad at it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Middle_Earth

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

indigi posted:

Make gollums win condition be eating aragorn/gandalf and you got the makings of a good asymmetric multiplayer game

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Sil is good.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

AnimeIsTrash posted:

a video game about reading the silmarillion and you have to go through it page by page and level up by passing quizzes about it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
a few weeks ago I happened to see j rr Tolkien's full name and I was getting myself pretty good walking around the house saying "hello I'm John Ronald you can call me Johnald Tolkein"

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Tom Scharpling has a bit where insists the game of thrones guy's name is "George Rail Road Martin" because of his lil conductor hat. that gets me pretty good too

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Justin Tyme posted:

Make gollums win condition be eating aragorn/gandalf and you got the makings of a good asymmetric multiplayer game

Gandalf cleaves Gollum's skull. Gollum is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

the milk machine posted:

Tom Scharpling has a bit where insists the game of thrones guy's name is "George Rail Road Martin" because of his lil conductor hat. that gets me pretty good too

lol