Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

a what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Eventually, one of these death traps is going to murder a lot of innocent passengers....and because we live in a stupid world, no doubt Boeing's stocks will skyrocket at the first sign of the news.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this was a hajj plane

can you imagine the kind of poo poo people would be saying if something like this happened to a plane doing some equivalent Christian thing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

It is famously one of the worst places to live in, America

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GME is reserving the right to sell 45,000,000 more shares of its stock in light of the recent meme stock spike, which should just about kill this latest frenzy

https://x.com/stocktalkweekly/status/1791439080506429729

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Eventually, one of these death traps is going to murder a lot of innocent passengers....and because we live in a stupid world, no doubt Boeing's stocks will skyrocket at the first sign of the news.

TBF Boeing would love for the 747s to finish phasing out, lots of profits to be made once the FAA lets them expand their current lines.

E: Oops

nomad2020 has issued a correction as of 21:05 on May 17, 2024

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PoundSand posted:

Went out to grab some pho with the mrs today and lol, two bowls of pho, an order of fresh spring rolls as an app, + tax/tip came out to a bit over 50. About a full workday of fed min wages pre-tax.

I remember when this place had bowls for like 6.95 lol

it freakin sucks

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

PoundSand posted:

Went out to grab some pho with the mrs today and lol, two bowls of pho, an order of fresh spring rolls as an app, + tax/tip came out to a bit over 50. About a full workday of fed min wages pre-tax.

calling wolfers and krug to beat the poo poo out of you in an alley for not loving this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its one noodle soup, michael. what could it cost? 50 dollars?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that krug anecdote where he’s all “no one I know is complaining about rising costs” probably has something to do with nobody talking to him about anything because he’s constantly telling them they’re wrong

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

betting the Olympics probably won’t be big because it would be hard to fix the outcomes

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

euphronius posted:

betting the Olympics probably won’t be big because theyre so boring

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

PoundSand posted:

whenever i say stuff like this it makes me feel ancient like ive turned into my grandparents and then i remember that the time when stuff was cheaper was all of like 5-10 years ago. it wasn't 50 years

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

euphronius posted:

betting the Olympics probably won’t be big because it would be hard to fix the outcomes

Hey euphonious why was the IBA no longer allowed to run Olympic boxing

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

euphronius posted:

lmao weren't the russians actively cheating across all of their teams?

also every single sport is corrupted at this point, fair matches are an aberration not the norm

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

you really believe the NBA is rigged against the Sixers, huh

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

whenever i say stuff like this it makes me feel ancient like ive turned into my grandparents and then i remember that the time when stuff was cheaper was all of like 5-10 years ago. it wasn't 50 years

I was shocked the other day to remember that the sixties were sixty years ago. Thirty years ago they were only thirty years ago.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
All designed to wring more blood from stones. Meanwhile each stone is saying "this is the bet that will fill me full of blood again"

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yeah I've only lived here for about 10 years so all my price recollections in the area are from like, recent times not generations ago or whatever. Granted a lot of the price hikes for at least restaurants were already occurring pre-covid, I deffo remember when it went from like 20 bucks for two people to eat for like a mid place, to 30 over a handful of years presumably as rents were exploding. Nowadays a casual brunch is like the equivalent of special occasion datenight in cost it's crazy. My wife has had the same steady career since she got here (professor at local uni) and her salary has only gone up like 15 or so % in that same time. They actually cut salaries during covid lol and never brought them back outside of just their annual CoL stuff otherwise it'd be higher.

We're lucky because we got our house at a good time and I've been very fortunate in my career progression, just keep lucking into knowing the right person at the right time to hop jobs for a significant boost in pay but it's crazy to think of how much our quality of life would have dropped if we were just renting and holding the same jobs over the last decade, I've legit never gotten a substantial raise after my first year at any place I've worked without changing jobs.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Seems fine, it's just metal as hell.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nobody builds like we do in New York!
\

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdonald-5-menu-people-not-164106530.html

quote:

However, the company looks likely to face significant problems convincing US franchise owners to roll out the offer. Earlier this year, 95 per cent of franchisees rejected the $5 Meal Deal due to concern over further loss of earnings.

Can we counter offer? $6?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

" A standard McDonald’s Quarter Pounder with Cheese meal now costs an estimated $11.99 " lmfao :stonk:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

post hole digger posted:

" A standard McDonald’s Quarter Pounder with Cheese meal now costs an estimated $11.99 " lmfao :stonk:

Jfc that’s almost $50/lb!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

post hole digger posted:

Yeah I mean at least I eat healthier now

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Jfc that’s almost $50/lb!

Everybody knows its the labor that getsya.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

post hole digger posted:

My go to "I'm running late and need a cheap meal." used to be a McDouble, a McChicken and a medium fries for 3 bucks in the ancient yesterdays of 5 years ago.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

GME is reserving the right to sell 45,000,000 more shares of its stock in light of the recent meme stock spike, which should just about kill this latest frenzy

https://x.com/stocktalkweekly/status/1791439080506429729

also offering a trade-in deal on used shares

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

they should have done a stock split

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/1791543568919638086

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

AI

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the price of kirbehs slice is too damned high!!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
i remember back in the day when you could get a slice for 15 dollars. it feels so long ago.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9a3GR1HJY lmao

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

guns and beer are pretty much same price as 5 years ago, weird

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Scarabrae posted:

guns and beer are pretty much same price as 5 years ago, weird

actually yeah, I didn't realize it but guns haven't inflated at all

points for the world being a Sim City simulation then if the price of literally every molecule of existence except weaponry and alcohol has risen 100%

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Beer is perfectly bifurcated: the swill has barely budged, while the good stuff is getting on :20bux: a 6er

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

That’s not really true, in 2020 I could pick up a sixer of tall boys of swill for $6.99 and now days that same size can go for $8.99 or $9.99 depending on where

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

euphronius posted:

figure skating and ice dancing especially were extremely corrupt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Beer is perfectly bifurcated: the swill has barely budged, while the good stuff is getting on :20bux: a 6er

the prices are pretty much all the same as they were five years ago, $20 a sixer is like top end, super fresh, super hipster stuff