Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Costco remains the thrifty alcoholic's salve, I still fondly remember the brief shining moment they had Scrimshaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

listen glock’s are still $499 so the economy is fine actually

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

whenever i say stuff like this it makes me feel ancient like ive turned into my grandparents and then i remember that the time when stuff was cheaper was all of like 5-10 years ago. it wasn't 50 years

5-10? It's barely 3 years for a lot of the most egregious price increases. We've literally got old receipts lying around that clearly show the meteoric rise in tons of basic necessities.

It's the entire reason that the krugs of the world are obsessing over the vibecession poo poo. Inflation isn't supposed to be something that you notice and their caveman economist brains can't grapple with the fact that people are absolutely capable of noticing price increases that fall somewhere between "normal" inflation and out of control hyperinflation.

The whole joke with old people obsessing over prices is that they're stuck in their youths, not what they paid for groceries last summer.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Scarabrae posted:

listen glock’s are still $499 so the economy is fine actually

its one bullet michael, how much could it cost

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

he makes a point that he thought tesla could not release the truck b/c it would not pass pedestrian safety standards, but he was mistakenly under the impression that the US had pedestrian safety standards for vehicles unlike europe

he points to the multiple hostile sharp points on the vehicle that would obliterate a pedestrian in a collision.

...could a company release mad max style skewers and points on the front of their vehicle in the US?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I remember when a collect call was just ten cents a minute, according to John Lithgow.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I would say that someday a CT will murder someone and Tesla will be sued into oblivion, but this is ‘Murica so the person who is hit will be sued instead.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

5-10? It's barely 3 years for a lot of the most egregious price increases. We've literally got old receipts lying around that clearly show the meteoric rise in tons of basic necessities.

I watched my grocery bill double over the course of two years

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

...could a company release mad max style skewers and points on the front of their vehicle in the US?

I dunno about the OEM, but these are pretty common aftermarket parts on semis and coal rollers.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

WampaLord posted:

We've been grocery shopping for my partner's parents since 2020 and they are freakishly consistent in what they want to buy from week to week. We've watched their grocery bill more than double over the last three years even with us making constant substitutions for cheaper brands. It's thousands of dollars extra per year with a shopping list that is insanely bare bones (almost 100% whole foods) by American standards.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Wow Fox News named their new show "my grocery bill double"?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

poemdexter posted:

i remember back in the day when you could get a slice for 15 dollars. it feels so long ago.

Good news!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we did it Joe

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Paradoxish posted:

We've been grocery shopping for my partner's parents since 2020 and they are freakishly consistent in what they want to buy from week to week. We've watched their grocery bill more than double over the last three years even with us making constant substitutions for cheaper brands. It's thousands of dollars extra per year with a shopping list that is insanely bare bones (almost 100% whole foods) by American standards.

MeDiAn WaGeS aRe Up A nOnZeRo AmOuNt

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Wolfers was right, it was all in our heads all along!!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Rectal Death Alert posted:

MeDiAn WaGeS aRe Up A nOnZeRo AmOuNt

their income has decreased substantially over the same period lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

poemdexter posted:

i remember back in the day when you could get a slice for 15 dollars. it feels so long ago.

there are weeks where decades happen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i ordered 8.99 10oz guacamole for take out and the guy said "with chips?" and i said yah sure and then he charged me 17.99 total because chips also cost 8.99.

then i went into a cvs where the m&ms and other candies were in the locked glass case and they didnt have what i came in for anyway cause most of the shelves were empty.

economy humming

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

You can get a whole bag of avocados and a whole bag of chips for like $2-3 each

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

poemdexter posted:

:kirby:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

quote:

Exploring the Delights of the Kirbeh $7 Tiny Pizza Slice: A Culinary Adventure Worth Savoring

In the vibrant world of culinary delights, there exists a hidden gem that tantalizes taste buds and delights discerning palates – the Kirbeh $7 tiny pizza slice. Nestled within its modest dimensions lies a universe of flavor, innovation, and culinary craftsmanship. In this article, we embark on a gastronomic journey to uncover the myriad benefits of indulging in this delectable creation.

1. **Affordable Luxury**: At just $7, the Kirbeh tiny pizza slice offers an affordable luxury that transcends its humble price tag. Despite its modest cost, this culinary masterpiece delivers a symphony of flavors and textures that rival those found in upscale eateries. It's a testament to the notion that gastronomic excellence knows no price point.

2. **Artisanal Craftsmanship**: Crafted with care and precision, the Kirbeh $7 tiny pizza slice embodies the artistry of culinary craftsmanship. From hand-stretched dough to carefully curated toppings, each slice is a testament to the skill and dedication of its creators. It's a culinary work of art that delights the senses and leaves a lasting impression.

3. **Innovative Flavor Profiles**: While traditional pizzas often adhere to familiar flavor combinations, the Kirbeh tiny pizza slice dares to push the boundaries of culinary innovation. With exotic toppings, unexpected flavor pairings, and artisanal ingredients, each slice offers a culinary adventure worth savoring. It's a feast for the taste buds that ignites curiosity and inspires culinary exploration.

4. **Cultural Fusion**: Drawing inspiration from diverse culinary traditions, the Kirbeh $7 tiny pizza slice celebrates the rich tapestry of global flavors. Whether infused with Mediterranean spices, Asian influences, or Latin American flair, each slice tells a story of cultural fusion and culinary diversity. It's a delicious reminder that food has the power to bridge cultures and unite communities.

5. **Health-Conscious Options**: In an era where health-conscious eating is paramount, the Kirbeh $7 tiny pizza slice offers guilt-free indulgence without compromising on taste. With wholesome ingredients, fresh produce, and nutritious toppings, each slice provides a satisfying yet wholesome dining experience. It's a culinary oasis for those seeking balance and vitality in their diet.

6. **Community Connection**: Beyond its culinary delights, the Kirbeh $7 tiny pizza slice fosters a sense of community and connection among its patrons. Whether enjoyed solo at a bustling food market or shared among friends at a cozy pizzeria, each slice becomes a shared experience that brings people together. It's a reminder that food has the power to create bonds and forge friendships.

7. **Memorable Experiences**: Above all, indulging in the Kirbeh $7 tiny pizza slice is an invitation to create memorable experiences that linger long after the last bite is savored. Whether it's a spontaneous lunch date, a leisurely dinner with loved ones, or a solo culinary adventure, each slice becomes a cherished memory to be savored and shared.

In conclusion, the Kirbeh $7 tiny pizza slice is more than just a culinary creation; it's a celebration of flavor, innovation, and community. With its affordable luxury, artisanal craftsmanship, and innovative flavor profiles, each slice offers a culinary adventure worth savoring. So, the next time you're craving a taste of culinary excellence, don't overlook the Kirbeh $7 tiny pizza slice – it's a culinary journey waiting to be explored.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

but who will unlock them from the case? nobodys around

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Danann posted:

543 words

im impressed by how there's not even a mention of any specific ingredient

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

loquacius posted:

"Skill game" sounds like a pretty obvious euphemism for "rigged carnival game"

Just to clarify this in case someone hasn't tried one of these things, a "skill game," is a slot machine, with the usual slot-machine pace of 20+ bets a minute, except if you check a little box you can, after every loss, do a tedious, timed, thirty item word search where, if you get every word correct, you win back that individual bet.

So, yes, if you wanted to go from making twenty bets a minute to twenty bets an hour, and you perfectly solve the annoyingly tedious puzzle every time, you could play free slots as much as you want.

Understandably no one actually does that and they are effectively normal slot machines.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

I assume like with anything produce related there's regional variance here but lol I get excited when I see avocados for like $1.50 so a bag of 4 is usually 5-6+. I swear when they were in season I used to snag a couple for a buck but that died even before covid I think.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

PoundSand posted:

I assume like with anything produce related there's regional variance here but lol I get excited when I see avocados for like $1.50 so a bag of 4 is usually 5-6+. I swear when they were in season I used to snag a couple for a buck but that died even before covid I think.

Yeah, I don't really know the economy of the scale of the bag versus the singles around here (northern VA) but the bags are often times cheaper than the loose ones somehow, at least for the last few grocery trips.

Granted, they're a scrawnier lot and not quite as consistent flavor/ripeness wise but I'm eating'em while the getting is good.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

hey good news everyone; just got myself a term life insurance policy and they bumped the suicide payout cutoff from the first two years down to just one!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

loquacius posted:

"Skill game" sounds like a pretty obvious euphemism for "rigged carnival game"

gamblers when they learn they lose an average of 12% on every spin on a slot machine: doesn't apply to lucky me

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Paladin posted:

Just to clarify this in case someone hasn't tried one of these things, a "skill game," is a slot machine, with the usual slot-machine pace of 20+ bets a minute, except if you check a little box you can, after every loss, do a tedious, timed, thirty item word search where, if you get every word correct, you win back that individual bet.

So, yes, if you wanted to go from making twenty bets a minute to twenty bets an hour, and you perfectly solve the annoyingly tedious puzzle every time, you could play free slots as much as you want.

Understandably no one actually does that and they are effectively normal slot machines.

rules lawyering the bleeding of an addict

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

"lose 12%" doesn't even make sense, you either don't win anything or you win something

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

taqueso posted:

"lose 12%" doesn't even make sense, you either don't win anything or you win something

thinking like a player, hell yea. get your bag

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Paladin posted:

I would love to do exactly this if I had weed and beer lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/elisaperego78/status/1791565424942784661

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

2024 and you're STILL getting covid??? A bit passe, no?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

they’re going to kill his rear end for a rate cut

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!

I hope he dies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

JAY!!!!

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Yeah, I don't really know the economy of the scale of the bag versus the singles around here (northern VA) but the bags are often times cheaper than the loose ones somehow, at least for the last few grocery trips.

Granted, they're a scrawnier lot and not quite as consistent flavor/ripeness wise but I'm eating'em while the getting is good.

The local Ag department at my uni subsidizes my avocado consumption. $1 avocados almost year round here.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://x.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1791638313796776303

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

you gotta be fuckin kidding me