Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

The people getting high at work don't have tondeliver anything op. Oh no my spreadsheet is messed up, the HR email about Arbor Day didn't go out in time, I typed GOTO 11 instead of GOTO 10 because I got high lol wgatever, all fake jobs anyway. Or the other end of things where you smoke up in the parking lot to go stack boxes in the warehouse or arrange the cans of tomato soup, which are real jobs but also, doesn't really matter if you're high

That's a good point, I hadnt considered how easy it is doing drugs at fake computer jobs. Warehouse workers getting high on the job is of course praxis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

The people getting high at work don't have tondeliver anything op. Oh no my spreadsheet is messed up, the HR email about Arbor Day didn't go out in time, I typed GOTO 11 instead of GOTO 10 because I got high lol wgatever, all fake jobs anyway. Or the other end of things where you smoke up in the parking lot to go stack boxes in the warehouse or arrange the cans of tomato soup, which are real jobs but also, doesn't really matter if you're high

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if your job is too dangerous to do while high you should be paid 1 million dollars

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

if your job is too dangerous to do while high you should be paid 1 million dollars

*the sound of every forklift operator nodding*

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Biplane posted:

Warehouse workers getting high on the job is of course an easy way to die

and therefore

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

watching it every time

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

bellamy's looking backwards proposes basically this, everyone is paid the same natch but the worse the job is the less hours you have to work to even it out

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Maed posted:

bellamy's looking backwards proposes basically this, everyone is paid the same natch but the worse the job is the less hours you have to work to even it out

so presumably pretend email job people work 30 hours a day under this scheme? sounds good

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Scarabrae posted:

I just play world of warcraft while working, that keeps me at my desk, ymmv

working two jobs

thanks joe biden

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

it owns* that the highest paid jobs are done by the highest motherfuckers (its a lot of stimulants though) but i smoke a single weed and get fired for pissing in the safety office

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

House buying sentiment ("is this a good time to buy a house?" "yes minus no") lowest in over a century, beating the low in 1982:

from here: https://data.sca.isr.umich.edu/charts.php

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Leroy Diplowski posted:

A coworker of mine works on shrooms. He can be incomprehensible at meetings but he gets stuff done and I think everyone else just thinks hes on some kind of spectrum. He said It owns and was suggesting I give it a go, but I am way too chickenshit to fly that close to the sun.

This is what I do but with a fifth of vodka w@h every night

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

everything seems to be just getting worse constantly

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

SKULL.GIF posted:

House buying sentiment ("is this a good time to buy a house?" "yes minus no") lowest in over a century, beating the low in 1982:

basically looks like the opposite of (Prices * Rates / 100) if you Index at 1980 on Fred. the gamecube chart.

and yet two homes near us went for over ask and had cars (so many Teslas) all weekend.

K-shaped recovery indeed

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's ok, the primary consumer of housing in terms of who buys it is now landlords and other such rent seekers.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Nybble posted:

basically looks like the opposite of (Prices * Rates / 100) if you Index at 1980 on Fred. the gamecube chart.

and yet two homes near us went for over ask and had cars (so many Teslas) all weekend.

K-shaped recovery indeed

Housing also has its own miniature K-shaped recovery where buyers who got lucky and bought in around 2008-2012 (or who already owned their homes and rode out the downturn) now have a stupid amount of equity. A lot of overlap there with rich idiots, but also a decent number of people who were just lucky and in the right place at the right time. Anecdotally, realtors are going loving hard at this group right now. A lot of "sure you either own your home outright or have a negligible housing payment, but have you considered that you can throw away your housing security to double your square footage?"

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

R-shaped recovery

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
Square enix has announced they will once again be going multi platform to grow profits. Gamers reaction:

https://x.com/its_eniebomedov/status/1789970963431391362?s=46&t=-VZSxDkiWhxQSeyPFaKJQw

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

you need a home to live

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

90sgamer posted:

Square enix has announced they will once again be going multi platform to grow profits. Gamers reaction:

https://x.com/its_eniebomedov/status/1789970963431391362?s=46&t=-VZSxDkiWhxQSeyPFaKJQw

lmao

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

mistermojo posted:

you need a home to live

Many people living around me disagree. Just have to secure your spot under the bridge before they are all taken.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Azrial posted:

Many people living around me disagree. Just have to secure your spot under the bridge before they are all taken.

What’s the plan when all the bridges collapse?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it's not collapse it's restructuring based on market needs (rubble)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Azrial posted:

Have they not filled in all the bridge embankments with boulders and riprap where you live?

Give it time

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

i am harry posted:

the state of texas pardons a man for murdering protestors but the sa mods probe a rat man for wishing one of the most heinous men on the planet, responsible for countless families suffering, dies from covid

pfft

Powell received bipartisan praise for the actions taken by the Federal Reserve in early 2020 to combat the financial effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.[7]

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

90sgamer posted:

Love the added context on this one, it really keeps things clear

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Doing the Lord's work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9BN6T-DKRg

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

90sgamer posted:

nier and ff7 weren't exclusive anyway and the otehr 2 pictured games...who tf knows even what they are?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

cool av posted:

nier and ff7 weren't exclusive anyway and the otehr 2 pictured games...who tf knows even what they are?

What you never played Guy with the Bloody Pee Blade or Sassy Anime Twink King 2?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Isn't one of those the Kingdom Hearts kid?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The kirbehs slice is cheaper, no need to read further I better purchase one

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

cool av posted:

That’s Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 16 dude and that picture just shows square games not literally that they were exclusive. Since late ps4 era most square games like FF7 and 16 and foamstars have been PlayStation exclusive .

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

The Chad Jihad posted:

The kirbehs slice is cheaper, no need to read further I better purchase one

Stockpile pizza slices now to lock in the price.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nobody wants to work anymore.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

tis no man

tis a remorseless eatin' machine arrrr

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

We've been grocery shopping for my partner's parents since 2020 and they are freakishly consistent in what they want to buy from week to week. We've watched their grocery bill more than double over the last three years even with us making constant substitutions for cheaper brands. It's thousands of dollars extra per year with a shopping list that is insanely bare bones (almost 100% whole foods) by American standards.

I was watching some old footage from 2005 of folks in a grocery store and was struck by the amount of full size carts being pushed around that were completely filled with groceries. idk if it’s just where or when I shop, but I rarely see that nowadays. strange thing to be nostalgic for, things are fine

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

90sgamer posted:

No Viet Cong ever called me gamer

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

biceps crimes posted:

I was watching some old footage from 2005 of folks in a grocery store and was struck by the amount of full size carts being pushed around that were completely filled with groceries. idk if it’s just where or when I shop, but I rarely see that nowadays. strange thing to be nostalgic for, things are fine

I see it all the time, but I suspect it's dependent on which store (winco yes Safeway no) and if it's a big family or not. some people don't have a chance to shop more than once a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

No Viet Cong ever called me gamer