Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CzarChasm posted:

Is a man not entitled to the sweet air of his ramps? "No!" Says the man of science, "gravity will drag you down." "No!" Says the chief of police, "it will endanger innocent civilians." "No!" Says your girlfriend, locked in the trunk, "you'll kill us all."

I rejected their answers; instead I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rampture.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

CzarChasm posted:

Is a man not entitled to the sweet air of his ramps? "No!" Says the man of science, "gravity will drag you down." "No!" Says the chief of police, "it will endanger innocent civilians." "No!" Says your girlfriend, locked in the trunk, "you'll kill us all."

I rejected their answers; instead I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rampture.

Pacifisto
Jul 11, 2010
If anyone's interested, Sleeping Dogs is $5 on Steam right now! DLC is also 75% off.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
It's 80% off today, hopefully that's enough to summon this thing back from the dead :v:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
If it helps, I'm working on something special, JUST FOR YOU, THREAD. BECAUSE THINGS HAPPENED AND I WAS BUSY.

:siren: In the meantime, have an update! :siren:

I dunno, some poo poo about cars. And women. Mostly cars.

With apologies to JossiRossi and all ya'll (for taking three loving months :smith: )

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

I can't stay mad at you :3:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

JossiRossi posted:

I can't stay mad at you :3:

I can stay mad at you for as long my finger is sore from hammering out Enduro runs.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Change the thread title to "We put your new apartment on the sun, is that gonna be a problem?"

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Thanks for updating chocolate donuts, I really love this LP.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I've been listening to this when I check new post itt. It worked :v:

E: It was also worth it because lmao at the racer guy and various other things

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 15, 2014

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I think Wei's apartment is on fire.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
"We've secretly covered every horizontal surface in Wei Shen's apartment with aluminum foil. Let's see if he notices."

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
I don't know why but I ALWAYS have that problem with that apartment. I have to fiddle with the settings to make it not try to blind me and then it tends to make other environments hard to see in.

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!

Chocolate Donuts posted:

If it helps, I'm working on something special, JUST FOR YOU, THREAD. BECAUSE THINGS HAPPENED AND I WAS BUSY.

:siren: In the meantime, have an update! :siren:

I dunno, some poo poo about cars. And women. Mostly cars.

With apologies to JossiRossi and all ya'll (for taking three loving months :smith: )

Due to this delay I left the US for the first time and flew to Hong Kong for a pork bun.

It was glorious. Luckily I had a friend come in from Guangjo to translate, because I don't speak a drat word of Cantonese.

(Still too cheap to buy the game)

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Oh my god I completely forgot about the free running guy, that was hilarious. Also why are you not using the follow-up kick on stunned opponents, that'll take them out super-quick. Though that WAS a pretty sweet-rear end one-two-three takedown.

Thank god to see you again Donuts and Rossi :allears: I really missed you guys. And I remember Fast Girls as having the most amazing gently caress-up I ever accomplished in this game, when I raced out of there after the cops arrived and I slammed into a forked stone barricade that split two roads up, and I went loving FLYING like right out my windshield and slammed my back into a pole.

Like a loving Tom and Jerry cartoon, I failed the mission but it was loving hilarious. Can't wait to see the next part, I got so worried for Ilyana and I also know what's up with them salt 'n' crabs ;) this'll be a blast, and that's gonna be the best mission.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Chaeden posted:

I don't know why but I ALWAYS have that problem with that apartment. I have to fiddle with the settings to make it not try to blind me and then it tends to make other environments hard to see in.

Same here. It almost became a big problem in the Ilyana missions, but I'll save that for when we get there. All the weird bugs in this game are a shame, 'cause obviously a lot of work went into everything else.

EDIT: I also got trapped in a piece of furniture that you can buy in that apartment the hot tub. I may have had to reset out of that one. Truly it is the most harrowing of apartments.

Tippecanoe fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 16, 2014

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

My right finger is SO SORE from holding accelerate, you have no idea.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Should anything happen to you, your sacrifices shall not be in vain. Your legend will be spoken of for ages, and people will build monuments to your struggle.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Uh, is something wrong with Wei's face in that picture?

VV Ah that makes more sense. I though there was some form of "Swollen Face" Wei DLC.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 16, 2014

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Uh, is something wrong with Wei's face in that picture?

I managed to get him wearing the motorcycle helmet in a car. :v:

(It seems to happen if you show up to a car race on a bike. Since the game spawns you at the start location in the car, Wei technically never has the opportunity to 'remove' the helmet.)

As an aside, I finally beat Toffile's time on Dockyard and I'm trying to figure out how this one crazy son of a bitch got a 14 second better time than I could manage on Enduro, which is still an awful, tense thing.

I do believe I have the footage I needed for that race video now, at least.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

At once point I was playing the game while very tired, and having Wei hop on and off the bike, conjuring and dropping infinite helmets out of the air and on the ground respectively was the funniest thing ever.

This has been my fascinating Sleeping Dogs vignette for this thread.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Chocolate Donuts posted:

(It seems to happen if you show up to a car race on a bike. Since the game spawns you at the start location in the car, Wei technically never has the opportunity to 'remove' the helmet.)

The obvious followup question is: Can you wear a completely white outfit while doing so?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Edminster posted:

The obvious followup question is: Can you wear a completely white outfit while doing so?

I could wear the wedding suit. :unsmigghh:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

JossiRossi posted:

Your legend will be spoken of for ages, and people will build monuments to your struggle.

Future generations are left to wonder. Who was that man? What heroic deeds did his finger accomplish? No one will know, as the memorial plaque has been withered away by time, and his legend has long faded into history.

Also :effort:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Some say that he once skinned a dead gangster and became Winston Chu. Others say that he can defy gravity by hopscotching across traffic just to steal other people's cars.

All we know is, he's called The Shen.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Chocolate Donuts posted:

My right finger is SO SORE from holding accelerate, you have no idea.

You know you coulda just outsourced the majority of that, right?

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

YourAverageJoe posted:

You know you coulda just outsourced the majority of that, right?

:colbert: What, and risk the control freak attitude artistic integrity of my lovely, delayed LP?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I expect a lot of wrecked cars during the races if only because gently caress the other racers sometimes.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

A Bystander posted:

I expect a lot of wrecked cars during the races if only because gently caress the other racers sometimes.

They'll probably break their legs if you break their car, it's just another step in the Wei process :v:

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

A Bystander posted:

Hell, races get to maximum hilarity when you can pull out that DLC super spy car. Nothing like popping out machine guns and literally annihilating every single competitor at the start of the race then leisurely cruising to the finish line alone. Ordinarily I loathe racing events in games, so that was definitely cathartic for me to pull off.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

MadDogMike posted:

Hell, races get to maximum hilarity when you can pull out that DLC super spy car. Nothing like popping out machine guns and literally annihilating every single competitor at the start of the race then leisurely cruising to the finish line alone. Ordinarily I loathe racing events in games, so that was definitely cathartic for me to pull off.

The mark of a good open world game is that you can do poo poo like this.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Chocolate Donuts posted:

:colbert: What, and risk the control freak attitude artistic integrity of my lovely, delayed LP?

You know I drive better than you, I mean, c'mon.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

YourAverageJoe posted:

You know I drive better than you, I mean, c'mon.

Joe, if you want to put the time into recording a bunch of clips for me I'll gladly make something out of them.

Just make them flashy. :getin:

Edit: Also I need to get you in on the afore-spoilered super-spy car missions when I do them which should be soon.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I just noticed that the way I find this thread usually is typing pork in the address bar, it's the first thing that comes up :v:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Wei's new apartment really conveys the fact that his future's so bright, he's gotta wear shades

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Just make them flashy. :getin:

I might have some of these brewing. In the meantime, here's this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV0rmavl54U

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

YourAverageJoe posted:

I might have some of these brewing. In the meantime, here's this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV0rmavl54U

It ain't a race unless every other person in it is dead :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'd like to see what that apartment looks like when it's not on the sun. Just for contrast.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Glazius posted:

I'd like to see what that apartment looks like when it's not on the sun. Just for contrast.

But it's so much more boring that way. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

"Where's that video, Donuts?"

:smithicide:

• Locked thread