Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I’m going to work and if there isn’t bloodborne at 60fps by the time I get home I’m gonna flip

i”m going to be sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Orc Priest posted:

Stellar blade looks too good to be true. Fast paced action like Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden, cool looking monster designs, hot babes, very nice graphics.

What's the catch? You can't fool me

Frame-pacing seems a little rough? Which has never stopped me from enjoying FromSoft stuff, but their games aren't Platinum fast like this appears to be.

The design of the female leads is very mid-2000s including jiggle, which I find a bit cringy. But the gameplay and monster design look so good that it's def on my radar.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

yo this Stellar Blade game is gif-worthy as hell

was sticking new games in the OP and i was having a hard time choosing a gif for this game, the art direction is just wild, like Bayo x NieR:A x Death Stranding

This certainly looks like a game where the female characters are the major driving forces for the plot.

Hopefully it doesn't pull a Forespoken NPC dialog on us!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Well that state of play was definitely more intriguing than I was expecting. Come on Tokyo game show! Let's go konami dont disappoint me now

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
my dualsense is dead, wont even charge or turn on. :negative:

cant play all those amazing ps5 games until i get a replacement, all the many many many many ps5 games that will just sit there unplayed. oh no. i will have to play ps4 games instead with a dualshock 4

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I hope you've learned a valuable lesson vikar, about fate and the tempting of it. Perhaps this lesson could be applied to other aspects of your life

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RareAcumen posted:

This certainly looks like a game where the female characters are the major driving forces for the plot.

What did Forespoken's NPC dialogue do exactly?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Home and watch the State of Play

Ishin = Instant buy
Pacific Drive is looking really interesting, but I'm curious what the gameplay loop is going to be like
I absolutely want to see more of Stellar Blade, it's shaping up nicely.

I'm more than likely getting a PSVR2 set when it launches, so Demeo is my jam

Hogwarts looks great, but.. yeah.

Vikar Jerome posted:

my dualsense is dead, wont even charge or turn on. :negative:

cant play all those amazing ps5 games until i get a replacement, all the many many many many ps5 games that will just sit there unplayed. oh no. i will have to play ps4 games instead with a dualshock 4

Have you tried preemptively telling Casnorf to shut up?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

I hope you've learned a valuable lesson vikar, about fate and the tempting of it. Perhaps this lesson could be applied to other aspects of your life

i laugh in the face of fate :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-EsZ_HGPPM

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

RareAcumen posted:

If anything the dialogue in that State of Play trailer sounded sincere to me, I think it'll be either incredibly anime, or incredibly k-drama. Which should work in favour of the game maybe?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

Don't shut up casnorf. Be the character foil to all these terrible uninspired posters.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

love the fish guy. and the little rat man who used to post here.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This thread has lost the plot.
I was waiting until Page 4000 to reboot it but I think I will reboot it later today with BP. Goodness.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
In my late 20s and early 30s I was like whoa titties that's cringe but now I'm old and I understand my time on earth is finite so let me see em jiggle

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

how many lines of dialogue did they record for Disco Elysium, holy poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It wasn't fully voiced originally, they added more later in The Final Cut.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

VideoGames posted:

I was waiting until Page 4000 to reboot it but I think I will reboot it later today with BP. Goodness.

this thread has outlived the ps5 classic ‘Babylon’s Fall’

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

JBP posted:

In my late 20s and early 30s I was like whoa titties that's cringe but now I'm old and I understand my time on earth is finite so let me see em jiggle

Always appreciated it. God bless developers that still implement jiggle physics.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

If anything today was a decent day for the thread, with way less bitching and whining over nothing and way more actual posting about games, of which there are now millions.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just over the last few months I have noted how snippy, nasty, miserable, combatative and vitriolic it has been getting. I want to try a reboot.

We need newer people to join in and I worry the long page count is a detriment.

If a reboot does not fix this then I guess it is timeouts instead - and I really do not want to do that. We are all in our thirties-fourties. You do not need to have a peer probing you like school children and I think we should be better than that. None of you are posting the kinds of things I probe for in the forums, you are just being weirdly mean and misery guts.

If you are actually wanting probes for this, just say it but I do not feel you should have to have that kind of babysitting. This is a thread about a hobby we love. We can absolutely dislike games. You are 100% allowed to not enjoy FromSoft and Elden Ring and post about it. No one is going to probe you for that.

It is not what some of you are saying, it is entirely the way you are saying it.

New thread will hopefully sort this out.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I feel like that was the best State of Play so far, everything shown in it was amazing! Gonna play so much Tekken and Hogwarts. And that GoW trailer absolutely has me stoked for its release now! Sucks the PS5 has no farming games though.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

n-n-new thread!? but the superstar status... :negative:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

yakuza direct live
https://twitch.tv/SEGA

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes some of us do just need time outs to go away and cool off and find another thing to do, to be honest

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

dev lost...his teeth?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VideoGames posted:

Before you close the thread please do a stream of you reading every post and your reaction

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There’s over a million words of dialogue, although I suppose not all of it is voiced, the stuff your character says isn’t/the skills aren’t, except for some instances. The narrator has an insane amount of dialogue.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

dev lost...his teeth?

he had to fight nagoshi on a rooftop for rights to take over to be the big boss.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think (this is not snark but an actual thing) we need an informal ban on people posting more than twice in a row in the new thread because that poo poo gets tiring. It’s fine when it’s BP but the other usual suspects are not so hot with it

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

BisterdDave posted:

I feel like that was the best State of Play so far, everything shown in it was amazing! Gonna play so much Tekken and Hogwarts. And that GoW trailer absolutely has me stoked for its release now! Sucks the PS5 has no farming games though.

Hogwarts looks good but I still don't really know what kinda game it's going to be. Not sure if the wizard school aspect will be a major point or more of a side activity.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

gently caress THEY GOT AWANO AND KUZE OUT ON STAGE AAAAAAH

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

I think (this is not snark but an actual thing) we need an informal ban on people posting more than twice in a row in the new thread because that poo poo gets tiring. It’s fine when it’s BP but the other usual suspects are not so hot with it

I feel attacked

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

How could u do me like that esco

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

I feel attacked

I have no memory of you doing it if that helps!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm actually shaking rn

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Is this the Suikoden Shuffle?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If we are rebooting the thread we should close out this one with an airing of grievances that gets us all banned

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Is this the Suikoden Shuffle?

It will be if theres no suikoden announcement from konami this weekend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What did Forespoken's NPC dialogue do exactly?

It was some of the most flat and wooden delivery I've heard in my life and I've played three Kingdom Hearts games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6skG7ykCiY&t=104s