Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

She should have stayed gone.

That's a hosed up thing to say about Lightning, a really hot and sexy babe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

Lightning is a Bad Character™, hth.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Oxyclean posted:

Lightning is a Bad Character™, hth.

:wth: :byodood:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
it doesnt help

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you add hth to the end of your posts you should consider yourself lucky not to be stabbed in the balls, dick, and heart multiple times by vicious Serbian assassins.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

If you add hth to the end of your posts you should consider yourself lucky not to be stabbed in the balls, dick, and heart multiple times by vicious Serbian assassins.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wormskull posted:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Xenoblade Chronicles is a far better game than the three final fantasy 13 games combined. By the end of Xenoblade when you're going to kill it's god you are filled with a sense of awe and wonder. As I wait for the days to tick down in Lightning returns I am filled with a sense of befuddlement and blue balls.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
where did she go?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

red plastic cup posted:

where did she go?

Valhalla which is the future version of Academia. And Academia is the city that exists in the Future of Final Fantasy 13 and where Hope tries to make another Cocoon to replace the one that's going to fall.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

isnt valhalla a place you go when you die? :confused:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Am I in some kind of retarded alternate reality where people think the FF13 games are good or something?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Concordat posted:

Am I in some kind of retarded alternate reality where people think the FF13 games are good or something?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Dec 26, 2012

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That checks out, only in an imperfect real world could people have bad taste in games like Final Fantasy 13

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How are the PC ports

Dec 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

How are the PC ports

pretty solid

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Pablo Gigante posted:

How are the PC ports

Not great. Wild framerate dips on even the beefiest rigs and anything above 720p is simply upscaled and not a true higher rendering resolution.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

Not great. Wild framerate dips on even the beefiest rigs and anything above 720p is simply upscaled and not a true higher rendering resolution.

i've had a pretty good time with the first FF13 game, and I think my rig was only really beefy back in 2012

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Didn't the PC port of that game come with like 50 gigs of uncompressed audio and hitting escape caused it to immediately close and dump you to desktop?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Concordat posted:

Didn't the PC port of that game come with like 50 gigs of uncompressed audio and hitting escape caused it to immediately close and dump you to desktop?

wow, quality and convenience

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
It was 50 gigs because it contained all the japanese audio on top of everything else. I think they've since patched in a dialogue box asking you yes or no when hitting escape, lol

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Also I remember hearing something about the frame rate being hosed up and something weird about the cutscenes, like instead of being in engine they were all prerecorded for some reason.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
The port seems pretty good, though i have to use Pinnacle or my xbox controller keeps spinning the camera. they patched in the resolution stuff so it looks great.

also, go into your install folder and delete any videos that don't have "_us" at the end congrats you have freed up, like, 30 gigs

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Axel Serenity posted:

The port seems pretty good, though i have to use Pinnacle or my xbox controller keeps spinning the camera. they patched in the resolution stuff so it looks great.

also, go into your install folder and delete any videos that don't have "_us" at the end congrats you have freed up, like, 30 gigs

My game wouldn't launch after I did this

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

My game wouldn't launch after I did this

delete the ones WITHOUT the us tag, not the ones with them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you say beefy rig again you will be murdered by thousands of wolfs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am currently playing XIII on steam and it looks great and runs great. I played it on PS3, and I bought lightning returns at launch and am going to play it again when it comes to steam.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Silver Striker posted:

She's like 6 and a half feet tall with no rear end, so she's perfect.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

well, im glad shes back, either way

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

lol

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

She's my girlfriend.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

lightning as played by Taylor Swift

oh man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Axel Serenity posted:

lightning as played by Taylor Swift

oh man

• Locked thread