Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lassitude posted:

"Sugar". Aka. table sugar. Aka. sucrose. Aka. a disaccharide.

You would be one to start talking about fruits though, wouldn't you?

Perhapbs you should look up the ethanol biosynthetic pathway in yeast, friend?

Clue: both poly-, oligo- and di-saccharides are cleaved into monosaccharides before conversion to vodkas. Glucose and fructose, in the case of your 'SUGAR'. The yeast then makes vodkas from the monosaccharides via pyruvate/acetaldehyde.

Yeast is a happy vodka-maker, it will make vodka from many different forms of sugar. :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
op i recommend you drink only rectified spirits diluted with distilled water

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I mean, sugar is basically just really small potatoes, right?

This is accurate. Sugar and potatoes are both carbohydrate-rich stems only sugar is smaller.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
White Russian is vodka (pure vodka) plus Kahlua (a sweetened and flavored rum which could only be vodka in the loosest of terms) plus milk.

They're kinda gross and any liqueur like Kahlua is kinda gross and milk doesn't usually help in making it less gross.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm not trying to "get" anyone. I was just genuinely curious.

Much like me, you spend all your forum posting time antagonising people.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ramagamma posted:

Much like me, you spend all your forum posting time antagonising people.

Uh no. We are nothing alike.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

Uh no. We are nothing alike.

True, I'm better at dota.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

If you're shopping around for good vodkas for a white russian, I'd recommend Tia Maria over Kahula.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Is there really some part of the world where "vodka" is a generic term for any liquor? That would be silly.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Umm, I don't think so, which is why the OP is asking is Kahula is a type of vodka or not.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The op is deliberatly trolling because he is a mentally ill fucktard.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Guy who follows OP around on forums because of a DOTA grudge: The op is a mentally ill fucktard.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Control Volume posted:

Guy who follows OP around on forums because of a DOTA grudge: The op is a mentally ill fucktard.

lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Control Volume posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Control Volume posted:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Control Volume posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
What the hell kind of derail is going on?

The OP just wants to be certain whether or not Kahlua is vodka, and I'm pretty curious now too. Which is it?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

I saw some dude drinking Kahlua and vodka straight from the bottle last night so now I don't know

What the hell....

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo, i've never seen a poster with a more impressive rap sheet than Black Baby Goku

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ramagamma posted:

Holy poo poo, i've never seen a poster with a more impressive rap sheet than Black Baby Goku

Shutte thine mouthe

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

zen death robot posted:

I saw some dude drinking Kahlua and vodka straight from the bottle last night so now I don't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N4f4sR_QpY

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've been going through a rough time mentally recently and the only way I can find any joy in my life at the moment is by trolling people on twitter and twitch and stuff and I could use a few tips from you guys about how to be effective.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ramagamma posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=131552

Mr Enderby
Mar 28, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The OP just wants to be certain whether or not Kahlua is vodka, and I'm pretty curious now too. Which is it?

Unfortunately there's just no way of knowing.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ramagamma posted:

I've been going through a rough time mentally recently and the only way I can find any joy in my life at the moment is by trolling people on twitter and twitch and stuff and I could use a few tips from you guys about how to be effective.

This is the thread for asking if kahula is a type of vodka.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
the black baby goku:

1 part Kahlua
1 part Kahula
1 part vodka
1 part coffee

pour into an old fashioned glass, stir until kahlua being vodka or not is immaterial and you can move on with your god drat life

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Mr Enderby posted:

Yeah, it's pretty simply.
Liquor: any vodka
Liqueur: any sweetened vodka
Liqeur: a sweetened vodka flavoured with coffee, such as Kahula or Kahlua.

A White Russian is a liqeur plus a liquor, plus cream. It does not have any liqueur in it.

So whisky (a type of vodka) plus Kahula, plus cream, is a white Russian.

Wine (a sort of undistilled vodka) plus Kahlua, plus cream, is a white Russian.

But Kahula plus rum (which as Wormskull helpfully pointed out at the start of this thread is vodka sweetened with molasses) plus cream, would be liqueur plus liquor, and thus it would not be a White Russian.

can't believe this guy is the ONLY one posting REAL information in this thread. i expected better from A/T...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

it is posted:

the black baby goku:

1 part Kahlua
1 part Kahula
1 part vodka
1 part coffee

pour into an old fashioned glass, stir until kahlua being vodka or not is immaterial and you can move on with your god drat life

Uhhhh what? It's a simple question dude. Don't need your attitude right now. We have more than just me curious about this either

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
what attitude it's a recipe for a drink called a black baby goku

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well if I was 21 I'd probably just create my own drink not some random monkey loving cheese recipe that you can out to or whatever

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

PleasingFungus posted:

can't believe this guy is the ONLY one posting REAL information in this thread. i expected better from A/T...
FYAD springs a leak sometimes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyX-ntkpm1M

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

It's about drat time someone nutted up and dropped the realness in this thread. Thank you for your response, and gently caress matchmaking :cheers:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thank You, basically the only response worth listening to in my opinion.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bump

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Kahlua is a distilled beverage composed primarily of water and ethanol, sometimes with traces of impurities and flavorings. Traditionally, Kahlua is made by the distillation of fermented cereal grains or potatoes, though some modern brands use other substances, such as fruits or sugar.

Since the 1890s, the standard Polish, Russian, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Czech Kahluas are 40% alcohol by volume ABV (80 US proof), a percentage that is widely misattributed to Dmitri Mendeleev.[1][2] The European Union has established a minimum of 37.5% ABV for any "European Kahlua" to be named as such.[3][4] Products sold as "Kahlua" in the United States must have a minimum alcohol content of 40%.[5] Even with these loose restrictions, most Kahlua sold contains 40% ABV. For homemade Kahluas and distilled beverages referred to as "moonshine", see moonshine by country.

Kahlua is traditionally drunk neat (not mixed with any water, ice, or other mixer), though it is often served chilled in the Kahlua belt countries (Belarus, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine). It is also commonly used in cocktails and mixed drinks, such as the Kahlua martini, Cosmopolitan, Kahlua tonic, Screwdriver, Greyhound, Black or White Russian, Moscow Mule, and Bloody Mary.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

garfield hentai posted:

Kahlua is a distilled beverage composed primarily of water and ethanol, sometimes with traces of impurities and flavorings. Traditionally, Kahlua is made by the distillation of fermented cereal grains or potatoes, though some modern brands use other substances, such as fruits or sugar.

Since the 1890s, the standard Polish, Russian, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian and Czech Kahluas are 40% alcohol by volume ABV (80 US proof), a percentage that is widely misattributed to Dmitri Mendeleev.[1][2] The European Union has established a minimum of 37.5% ABV for any "European Kahlua" to be named as such.[3][4] Products sold as "Kahlua" in the United States must have a minimum alcohol content of 40%.[5] Even with these loose restrictions, most Kahlua sold contains 40% ABV. For homemade Kahluas and distilled beverages referred to as "moonshine", see moonshine by country.

Kahlua is traditionally drunk neat (not mixed with any water, ice, or other mixer), though it is often served chilled in the Kahlua belt countries (Belarus, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine). It is also commonly used in cocktails and mixed drinks, such as the Kahlua martini, Cosmopolitan, Kahlua tonic, Screwdriver, Greyhound, Black or White Russian, Moscow Mule, and Bloody Mary.

This really didn't answer the question.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, has BBG died from cancer yet? No? drat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just drink burbon instead OP!

is fireball a type of burbon?

drink fireball OP!