Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I found some chill out time with Horsey Sim Star Stable Online. The controls aren't too bad once you get the hang of them and it's a generally fairly low stakes story involving "Save the ranch from the evil developer" Stopped playing after it got dull, but it's nice to chill with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Oh, I also get mad nostalgic for Zeus: Master of Olympus, which was one of the best city builders ever made by virtue of being actually fun. It's not difficult and there are rarely time limits or permanent fail conditions, so it's fun to zone out and make your new little Greek city come to life with gods, monsters, and heroes included. The only downside is the combat, which is utter dogshit even for its era. Thankfully you only control troops during defense and you can bribe invaders pretty easily.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I still come back at the start of every new season in Diablo 3. Despite the actual gameplay loop moving at lightspeed with lasers flying everywhere I've played it so much that I find it all to be very relaxing and zen.

I've also somehow put over 300 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn over the past year, despite being a single-player game without many reasons to replay it. I just find the world an enjoyable place to spend time in and like to see how well I can do starting on Ultra Hard from level 1. Also the fashiondawn game is on point and I have perfectly coordinated outfit/focus/facepaint ensembles for every climate.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pretty much any JRPG, but FF12 (PS2 version) is pretty perfect for listening to music or podcasts.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Can't go wrong with a bit of Warframe its so good and mindless to flip out as a space ninja.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Goat Simulator is a fuckin blast

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HukHukHuk posted:

Can't go wrong with a bit of Warframe its so good and mindless to flip out as a space ninja.

Absolutely.
For how pretty and insane the game can be, it's mostly a chill game about space ninjas casting spells and shooting rocket launchers.

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pretty much any JRPG, but FF12 (PS2 version) is pretty perfect for listening to music or podcasts.

I gotta try this. I recently got a PS2 again and got that and the .//hack games and spend a lot of time grinding levels when I'm anxious.

For PC games I like unwinding with The Long Dark (on the peaceful/no hostile animals mode). It's got nice scenery and you can get into a zone of exploring and harvesting - still has a challenge to it though if you're not paying attention to resources (or gathering a ton really quickly because stuff spoils). Also Fallout New Vegas. I think it's one of those games I've just spent so much time in that I could navigate the whole map in my mind.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Fhistleb posted:

Snatcher is hilarious for all the special scenes like the floating pizza scene or calling the girly hotlines.

I still think about the floating pizza.

The future is gonna rule.

Algae Magnet
Jul 1, 2013
Recently reinstalled X3: Albion Prelude.
Been nice to wind down by doing some trading, or spicing things up with some combat missions.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Sunless Sea- creepy, surreal atmosphere, long periods of calm as you cross the zee, laid back music, and choose-your-own-adventure story trees make the hours go by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chubby Chinese cutie
Apr 1, 2010
GTA: San Andreas

Good music and lots of open space. Also, great characters and a story that never gets old.

• Locked thread