Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

GolfHole posted:

do y'all rotate?

i rotate a lot. i prefer it, even.

i can't remember the last time i willingly made a "three-point-turn", ive mastered the art of rotating gyroscopically.

from kitchen sink, to fridge, microwave, and garbage, i'm rotating away like brian boitano.

on the subway, i'm rotating.
after taking a poo poo, i'm rotating.

do y'all rotate with your right heel or your left heel? do you switch?

Have you considered the alternative universe you that you are subconsciously linked to might be a drill and ceremony instructor in the military?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
what does the word Bespoke mean and why is it everywhere this year?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Stink Billyums posted:

why is everybody so fat now?
The fat boys came back and they were never wack.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

ProperCauldron posted:

what does the word Bespoke mean and why is it everywhere this year?

A few years ago for a school project I called my fake company “Bespoke Bikes” because bikes have spokes and alliterations sound better.

So I take full responsibility for it. No idea what it means though.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I don't understand this.

To be fair your foot only makes 90 degree rotations. It was a point of contention among some of the participants.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Does any hip microbrewer make beer porridge for us hardworking temple builders?

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Rum ham is better if you're concerned about carbs

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

redshirt posted:

Does any hip microbrewer make beer porridge for us hardworking temple builders?

Buy an oatmeal stout and put some oatmeal in it

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Why do I feel lilk pooping?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Stop touching lil k

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

redshirt posted:

What started you rotating?

gravity i thikn

Cyks posted:

Have you considered the alternative universe you that you are subconsciously linked to might be a drill and ceremony instructor in the military?

everybody start spinning. ill say when to stop.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

What kind of pitcher plant is this? I got it on clearance and I want to know how to take care of it properly.

It didn't have a tag, but I know some nerd here knows the answer.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I couldn't find the plant ID thread

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
You're doing good so far, just remember to water it and never let go

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's not a pitcher plant, it's a picture plant! Duh! Cause you posted a picture.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Hey! The title clearly said there's no such thing as a stupid question!

Will it and my Venus flytrap get along?

Carnivorous plants own

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Treecko posted:

Hey! The title clearly said there's no such thing as a stupid question!

Will it and my Venus flytrap get along?

Carnivorous plants own

Keep them 10 feet apart at first, then move them closer together each week.

Why don't more plants eat meat? Buncha hippies or something?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Fecking flower childs.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Treecko posted:

What kind of pitcher plant is this? I got it on clearance and I want to know how to take care of it properly.

I'm not a plant nerd but I always seem to answer these types of posts, idk why, I have brain damage probably.

Anyway after looking at a lot of pictures of pitchers (which was fun!) I'm pretty confident it's a Sarracenia: https://www.plantdelights.com/blogs/articles/carnivorous-pitcher-plant-nursery-sarracenia

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
All the greenhouses are closing for the season.

Who the hell else am I supposed to ask?

The internet?!

Built them a little terrarium, I know Fly traps have to dormate cuz they're a perennial.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
FYI you can use google images to identify any plant

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ghoulgle

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Jelly posted:

FYI you can use google images to identify any plant

Kinda sorta.

See, that's what I was trying to do, but none of them really looked like this one.

A lot of pitchers hang on vines, but this one is so young It didn't give me an accurate species.

There's a lot of pitcher plants and they're fascinating.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
And they all have different needs, soil ect

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
You know someone answered your question upthread right

To contribute: do you have stairs in your house?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Logging off, my bad

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I feel like someone named Treecko should be more knowledgeable about plants

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

This kind of looks like yours: https://www.growcarnivorousplants.com/blog/qa-110-sarracenia-not-growing-well-in-a-terrarium/

But yours is definitely more green so it might be this green variety: https://www.gardenia.net/plant/sarracenia-oreophila

I'd say the leaf structure is a pretty sure match, and the sprouts look like little leeches (like yours!)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So, what do you think about lichen?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

it always looks like it might taste good. idk though.....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

GolfHole posted:

That's some good lookin lichen

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I shouldn't have used the word 'nerd' and I apologize.

I'm the plant nerd. It's me.

I have stairs in my house and it's making me fall right back into my true love, horticulture.

Why doesn't everyone feel the simple beauty of watching leaves grow, change color, and fall off?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Treecko posted:

I shouldn't have used the word 'nerd' and I apologize.

I'm the plant nerd. It's me.

I have stairs in my house and it's making me fall right back into my true love, horticulture.

Why doesn't everyone feel the simple beauty of watching leaves grow, change color, and fall off?

When my interests in my other hobbies died they were replaced with plants and feeding birds.

I got my first plant like three years ago. Now I have like 20.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

GolfHole posted:

i'm takin a lichen to this plant

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's patently absurd, I'd never let you lick my polenta! It's my lunch.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Treecko posted:

Make sure to change the plant pots often if you intend on keeping it indoors - instead of planting it outside. That looks like it could easily become potbound. That's basically what happens when the root system grows too big for the pot that it's in.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Can I get away with brain dumping here?

Been thinking about some people I met in the past. Some crazy characters.

I was working in my dads bar 20 years ago and heard a commotion from outside. Some guy was really upset about something and he was having an animated argument with two of his friends - a young woman and a man. While he was shouting he would occasionally point at the nearby estate agents which had it's metal shutters down.

He then started taking running, leaping headbutts at the shutters. He would stop and go back to his two friends and start shouting about something again. Then more flying headbutts at the shutters. This happened repeatedly over about 15 minutes.

His two friends looked remarkably calm during all this. It was as if this behaviour wasn't out of the ordinary.

I then noticed him walking towards the bar. His demeanour had completely changed - a big smile on his face, he had his wallet out and took a note out of it. It was 2am, well past closing time. He asked my dad for a box of mini-budweiser. My dad shouted through the window several times "NAW!!!"

I asked my dad why he refused him. "You think I'm going to sell him beer so he can drive around the town all night, throwing bottles out the window? What do you think the police will do when he's caught?"

It did seem like the kind of thing he would do. I actually have served him beer and carried it out to his van for him. It didn't have windows in the back, when I opened the doors there was a bare mattress in it no sheets. He told me him and his friend were driving down south that night and they hadn't booked anywhere to stay. "Free Candy" might have been less suspicious painted on the side.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Valko posted:

Make sure to change the plant pots often if you intend on keeping it indoors - instead of planting it outside. That looks like it could easily become potbound. That's basically what happens when the root system grows too big for the pot that it's in.

I already transplanted it. I could see the root system coming though the crappy little plastic container

Keeping it warm and moist in my bathroom.

I know what root-bound plants are like. I'm trying to get back into AG science. I worked in a greenhouse and loved it! I just need to re-take all the classes, my credits expired.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Treecko posted:

I already transplanted it. I could see the root system coming though the crappy little plastic container

Keeping it warm and moist in my bathroom.

I know what root-bound plants are like. I'm trying to get back into AG science. I worked in a greenhouse and loved it! I just need to re-take all the classes, my credits expired.

You ever think about a big greenhouse on a space station?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

redshirt posted:

You ever think about a big greenhouse on a space station?

Are you implying I should fire myself into the sun and pretend I'm Matt Damon?