Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number 36
Jul 5, 2007

Keep it up, kid! Gimmie a smoochie smooch!
The road to success is paved with unbridled optimism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
edit; deleted

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 28, 2013

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

If five or more of these Devils-related things do not happen, I will pay $10 and change my username to anything decided upon by the Rangers fan collective at SAS.

1. Brodeur plays 40 games
2. Jagr puts up 50 points
3. Lamoriello adds a former Devil player to the roster by the trade deadline
4. The total goals scored by the defense corps during the season will be more than 30
5. The Devils make the playoffs
6. Tedenby gets waived or traded
7. Anton Volchenkov gets traded
8. The powerplay is better percentage-wise than it was last year
9. The Devils advance to the second round
10. The Devils finish ahead of the Flyers

If the Devils miss the playoffs, the Rangers fan collective must develop an avatar for me (I will pay) involving the 1994 Rangers.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Too early for Olympic toxxes?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

T-Bone posted:

We'll have a dedicated subforum when that comes around and we'll probably deal with that then.

WouldDeskToo
Aug 26, 2013
So glad I signed up again just in time! I am the original WouldDesk but got locked out of my account and I can't log in or recover my password. I have sent the admins multiple emails with no replies. Basically the progress has been about as productive as the Canucks attempts to win something other than the Presidents Trophy. Is Marty still around and available to assist me in recovering my err, good(?) name so I can do something else ridiculous with the likes of Bo Horvat again? So glad to be back.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

WouldDeskToo posted:

So glad I signed up again just in time! I am the original WouldDesk but got locked out of my account and I can't log in or recover my password. I have sent the admins multiple emails with no replies. Basically the progress has been about as productive as the Canucks attempts to win something other than the Presidents Trophy. Is Marty still around and available to assist me in recovering my err, good(?) name so I can do something else ridiculous with the likes of Bo Horvat again? So glad to be back.

Marty's not around anymore, no. But, if you put forward a good bet, maybe you can win your old account name back.

WouldDeskToo
Aug 26, 2013
Ruh Roh... not around as in "he is fine his girlfriend made him stop SA" or not around as in "took a ride in a Ferrari with Dany Heatley?"

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

WouldDeskToo posted:

Ruh Roh... not around as in "he is fine his girlfriend made him stop SA" or not around as in "took a ride in a Ferrari with Dany Heatley?"

Please don't derail the thread. Would you like to attempt to win your old account name back or not?

WouldDeskToo
Aug 26, 2013

Hand Knit posted:

Please don't derail the thread. Would you like to attempt to win your old account name back or not?

Absolutely, I will come up with an appropriate toxx in a reasonable amount of time. Apologizes on the derail in the making. I will review the thread again and see if I can't get up to par.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
do i get a prize other than not dying if i win my toxx

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Verviticus posted:

Multiple additional years of Vancouver Canucks hockey is a pretty good reward. Would a box of Life cereal be a sufficient additional reward?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Verviticus posted:

Both bets are effectively the same: if you win you have your identity, and if you lose it is gone forever.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

Both bets are effectively the same: if you win you have your identity, and if you lose it is gone forever.

i do not understand

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

T-Bone posted:

god dammit i don't want a pierre mcguire avatar for 2 years again

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

If the Wings make it farther than the Sens do in the postseason, I'll buy a Garrioch avatar, not replace it until the end of the 14-15 season, and refrain from speaking a word against Sun Media's contribution to journalism while I have it.

On that I suppose I should probably change this av because it's an ugly abortion.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

If the Leafs fail to be a 9th or lower seed at the end of the 2013-2014 National Hockey League season, I will purchase one (1) pro-Randy Carlyle avatar on his excellence as a professional hockey coach.

Alternatively, if David Clarkson reaches a goals total of or over 25, I will take my time and effort to post a player evaluation thread for each goal scored by him. Including any playoff games, should they happen.

If Tyler Bozak succeeds in outscoring noted 3rd line centre Mikhail Grabovski, using my talents and connections, I will produce a ballad with accompanying music video of Leafs Nation's adoration for the centre iceman from Regina, Saskatchewan.

Should all of these toxxes come through; Leafs playoffs, Clarkson >=25 Goals, Bozak > Grabovski. I will purchase a jersey of SAS's choosing and perform a soapbox confession in Dundas Square in downtown Toronto of how I'm a dumbass advanced stats geek that doesn't know a single lick about hockey sense.
This punishment overrides avatar purchase, Clarkson thread, Bozak music video.

Drunk Canuck fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 27, 2013

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
A toxx based on 25 goals? On a player who has never scored 20? What the heck, Drunk Canuck?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Drunk Canuck posted:

If Tyler Bozak succeeds in outscoring noted 3rd line centre Mikhail Grabovski, using my talents and connections, I will produce a ballad with accompanying music video of Leafs Nation's adoration for the centre iceman from Regina, Saskatchewan.

this one is a pace one, right?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Drunk Canuck posted:

You better hope I don't assault Grabovski if I ever see him out in DC.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Twin Cinema posted:

A toxx based on 25 goals? On a player who has never scored 20? What the heck, Drunk Canuck?

Fine, Twin Cinema. I will up the ante.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
If neither the Avalanche nor the Sabres make the playoffs, I will buy an avatar showcasing all of my least favorite hockey teams (with accompanying red text) and will keep it on until the start of the 2014/2015 season, perhaps longer.

If they both make it, I'll probably die of a heart attack so that's a thing.

UZworm fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 25, 2013

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Drunk Canuck posted:

Fine, Twin Cinema. I will up the ante.

I approve.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

UZworm posted:

If neither the Avalanche or Sabres make the playoffs, I will buy an avatar showcasing all of my least favorite hockey teams (with accompanying red text) and will keep it on until the start of the 2014/2015 season, perhaps longer.

Maybe you should just go ahead and get that AV now...

If the Canucks are not a top 4 seed in the West I will buy an avatar of the top team, as chosen by SAS fans of said team and keep it until the beginning of the 2014-2015 season

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Hand Knit posted:

We'll have a dedicated subforum when that comes around and we'll probably deal with that then.

I'll have my revenge Mcvey :argh:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

If the Rangers don't make the playoffs, I'll get an anti-Hank-atar of SAS's choosing to be worn until the 2014-2015 playoffs.

If the Islanders don't make the playoffs, I will write a letter to Charles Wangs regarding the Isles' need for DiPietro's return. In crayon. With pictures. At least 500 words.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?

UZworm posted:

If neither the Avalanche or Sabres make the playoffs, I will buy an avatar showcasing all of my least favorite hockey teams (with accompanying red text) and will keep it on until the start of the 2014/2015 season, perhaps longer.

What are your least favourite teams?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Shoeonhead22 posted:

What are your least favourite teams?

In no particular order: Red Wings, Wild, Devils, Senators

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
1) If Alfie gets more ppg/gpg than Bobby Ryan (Barring Injury)
2) Red Wings make it further in the playoffs than the Sens

I will get a JP Barry-Alfie Super Agent/Player combo avatar, with Melnyk/Alfie/Murray/JP involved some how

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
If the Flames finish above the Oilers in the standings I will shoot and upload a video of my son wearing an Flames jersey kicking me in the stomach while I wear a Tay Tay mask and Oilers shirt.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Should the Montreal Canadiens fail to make the playoffs this year, I will pen a letter to Marc Bergevin begging him to get Scott Gomez back, as he was the lynchpin that kept the team together.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

If the Boston Bruins advance farther than the Canucks in the playoffs this year, I will purchase an avatar commemorating their glorious victory over my team in 2011. I will keep said avatar for one month for each additional playoff win the Bruins have over the Canucks (to a maximum of 16 months). Should the Bruins win the Cup I will keep the avatar until the Canucks win a cup of their own (or until everyone decides they're sick of it).

If the Bruins win the cup and the Canucks don't make the playoffs I will change my name and avatar to something fitting the Bruins' status as the greatest hockey team of all time.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 29, 2013

Pulpie
Sep 10, 2011

mennoknight posted:

If the Flames finish above the Oilers in the standings I will shoot and upload a video of my son wearing an Flames jersey kicking me in the stomach while I wear a Tay Tay mask and Oilers shirt.

Would a Tay Tay mask just be like when bank robbers wear nylons over their heads?

And I'll Toxx myself that Dougie Hamilton will score over 45 points or I'll get an avatar of SA's choosing and text expressing how stupid of a name Dougie is.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Pulpie posted:

Would a Tay Tay mask just be like when bank robbers wear nylons over their heads?

And I'll Toxx myself that Dougie Hamilton will score over 45 points or I'll get an avatar of SA's choosing and text expressing how stupid of a name Dougie is.

It's a nixon mask but with tay tay written on the forehead.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I imagine the Taylor Hall mask looks something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGmjj8U-rgM

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:
Anyone have ideas for a good toxx? I don't know if I can't top the fishsticks thing from two seasons ago. Related note, I have not had a fishstick since I lost that toxx. loving fishsticks.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
Eat a fishstick for every point that the Rangers finish above the Isles

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Shoeonhead22 posted:

Eat a fishstick for every point that the Rangers finish above the Isles

This is a good rear end bet, and you'll probably have to eat like, 20 fish sticks. Put it on youtube, it's the next big viral hit.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
A collage of the isles logo made from fishtsicks and toothpaste.

And then eat it. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

If Pavel Datsyuk doesn't score 50 goals and 120 pts. I will donate $20 to a local LGBT charity. Hopefully this will be his motivation this year.

• Locked thread