Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who would be better in an ROH ring?
This poll is closed.
Bobby Lashley 29 26.13%
Hulk Hogan 37 33.33%
Tanahashi 11 9.91%
Okada 34 30.63%
Total: 111 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KungFu Grip posted:

I want to see a fat man moonsault.

Well, you're in luck, just watch ROH TV when they put it up and all your dreams can come true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Davey Richards interview I found on WON/F4W where he blasts ROH and kinda tries to pass off going to TNA as his decision rather than WWE passing on him.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/wrestling/os-tna-wrestlings-davey-richards-on-lockdown-20140307,0,1704545.post

quote:

The schedule for WWE and moving down to Orlando to join their Performance Center is just not conducive to my lifestyle. I work out of a pure love as a paramedic. I like doing that and am not giving that up. I’m in medical school. I don’t want to give that up. Eddie is engaged and lives in Boston. Then TNA offered us the opportunity to come in and wrestle rather than having to go back to wrestling school so we were just thrilled. The talent there is awesome and we thought we would fit right in and it turns out we were right and it’s gone smoothly. We’re extremely happy there.....

We’re (he and ROH) not talking. We’re not on good terms. I have no respect for them whatsoever. I strongly dislike management there like with the exception of Jeff Jones who is a great guy. But the booker (Hunter Johnson) is completely inadequate at his job and he got his job more for being spineless than being talented. And the owner (Joe Koff) is even worse, he could care less about wrestling. He just wants to do television. To me, it’s just not something I agree with but I’m not there anymore and they do their own thing. And for the talent and the fans I wish them nothing but the best of luck.

That company is in business not because of stellar booking and stellar management. They’re in business still because they’re spineless. The talent there is phenomenal. They’re top notch and great. But the management from the booker to the owner it’s definitely shut up and do what you’re told and drink the Kool-aid. I made a joke when I was there I called it Jim Jones wrestling. Just shut up and drink the Kool-aid and do your job. In private, people are going this sucks this sucks this sucks and I’m the one who came out and said this is terrible. I worked for that company and gave them everything I had for seven years. I think I earned my right to an opinion. Once that got out, it was like you’re going against the stream? You’re not here to have an opinion, just shut up and do your job and get your paycheck. I’m sure you can find someone else to do that for a lot less money than what you’re paying me so I’m just going to go about my way. Best decision I ever made and I have no desire to go back, ever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nobody tell mrt about lashley

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I hope you marks enjoy your Tanahashi and Okada because it came at the expense of everything I hold dear.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Fsmhunk posted:

Well, you're in luck, just watch ROH TV when they put it up and all your dreams can come true.

I don't know when that is or whatever so guess I'll never see it!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I don't think Davey Richards is in med school, just sayin.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRafTer posted:

I hope you marks enjoy your Tanahashi and Okada because it came at the expense of everything I hold dear.

I gave up on the company once they didn't deliver Hulkamania

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

weekly font posted:

I don't think Davey Richards is in med school, just sayin.

Last I heard he was in a nursing program

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I dont even know what ROH is

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SylvainMustach posted:

Looking forward to a Solo push for O'Reilly and I'll be interested to see if they'll give Fish a solo push.

If O'Reilly is given a singles, then they had better pair him up with Truth Martini, because O'Reilly CANNOT talk. Bobby Fish on the other hand, is amazing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kyle O'Reilly doesn't need to talk because he can just do crotch thrusts to sell feuds

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

Kyle O'Reilly doesn't need to talk because he can just do crotch thrusts to sell feuds

That didn't work for HHH, and it won't work for Kyle.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Are the NJPW shows going to be iPPV? If not what's the point. I haven't watched a lot of ROH lately but it looks like most of their roster is PWG featuring old school ROH stars returning.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac, I take it you did not make the Wrestling's Finest DVD cover?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

triplexpac, I take it you did not make the Wrestling's Finest DVD cover?

Golly, how could you tell?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

Are the NJPW shows going to be iPPV? If not what's the point. I haven't watched a lot of ROH lately but it looks like most of their roster is PWG featuring old school ROH stars returning.

iPPV is dead but I think you can get it on VOD within hours of being put to tape.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flameingblack posted:

The point is ROH primarily exists as a TV product, so we're going to get a lot of cool matches on free TV, and ROH can sell out the Hammerstein. They may also be able to get some NJPW tours for contracted talent.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

It will draw really well and give the fans lucky enough to be able to go a very rare opportunity to see the top wrestlers from the best promotion in the world live in North America. If you can't be there live and watch NJPW anyway it's certainly not as big of a deal but there should still be some fun crossover matches.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Flameingblack posted:

Has Chikara ever done a King of Trios on iPPV? Or PWG done BOLA or whatever their big show? I don't really follow them, but in the past companies have done big shows without iPPV before.

Sinclair is super duper cheap, they wouldn't be doing this if it was flushing a ton of money down the toilet.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They could do iPPV in addition to the free show, but it's not that big of a deal to me. I'll order it if they do it, but these shows are probably going to give us 5-6 weeks worth of awesome free television with the potential of exposing whatever non-hardcores watch ROH on their local channels to NJPW.

triplexpac posted:

Has Chikara ever done a King of Trios on iPPV? Or PWG done BOLA or whatever their big show? I don't really follow them, but in the past companies have done big shows without iPPV before.

Sinclair is super duper cheap, they wouldn't be doing this if it was flushing a ton of money down the toilet.

ROH talent can't be on anyone else's iPPVs, so there's no way they could do BOLA on iPPV.

They had made exceptions for smaller groups previously but they cracked down even harder in the last few months. Elgin's match at the last AIW iPPV had to be a dark match after the televised main.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 11, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Yeah, I'm amazed this is happening since ROH pretty much exists to provide low budget late night TV for Sinclair, but fortunately for both them and us NJPW seems to reallly want to do this so they can brag about their wrestlers being in high profile matches in the US and Canada.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

three matches just got added to the March 22 Dayton show.

Card so far is:
AJ Styles vs. Chris Hero
Adam Cole & Michael Bennett vs. the Briscoes
Tomasso Ciampa vs. Matt Taven
Michael Elgin vs. Cedric Alexander
Kevin Steen vs. Bobby Fish

Talent on the card without matches yet includes:
- Kyle O'Reilly
- The DECADE (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs)
- "The Last Real Man" Silas Young
- Caprice Coleman
- Adrenaline RUSH (ACH & Tadarius Thomas)
- "The Barrister" RD Evans
- The Romantic Touch

I don't know how the hell they're booking the rest of that card considering everyone but Coleman, ACH and Thomas on that list is a heel.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So Tanahashi and Okada are both confirmed for the tour, which is rad. Also ROH is saying that the Hammerstein show is sold out, so that should be a blast.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It has been so long, and I never use it so I'm wondering when the newest episode of ROH TV gets put on their website for free.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

It has been so long, and I never use it so I'm wondering when the newest episode of ROH TV gets put on their website for free.

thursdays, iirc

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ladder-war-5-comes-new-orleans

Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe title unification ladder match is going to be the main event for the NOLA WM weekend show. Kinda surprised they're doing that now.

Also of note that Koslov and Romero are apparently booked. While I'm glad that ROH is continuing to use them, it's a shame that NJPW hasn't booked them at all since the Dome. Was hoping they'd be on the big Sumo Hall card.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Well they're on that killer video for the Worlds Collide/Global Wars show so hopefully they'll be used by both parties equally after that. Seeing them face off against the American Wolves right before the wolves went to TNA was one of the best live matches that I've ever seen.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So at Global Wars the winner of the Cole/Briscoe match will face Steen.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Require More Fire posted:

So at Global Wars the winner of the Cole/Briscoe match will face Steen.

Makes sense to put Steen in a title match in Toronto, but I was really looking forward to seeing Steen work with one of the New Japan guys.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Hmmm wonder if this will be more ROH:NXT or ROH:Gut Check

quote:

Ring of Honor Wrestling presents the FUTURE OF HONOR on April 18th, 2014 in Newville, PA!

March 17th, 2014 – The FUTURE OF HONOR will debut at the Big Spring Event Center at 2 Chestnut St in Newville, PA at 7:30pm on Friday, April 18th, 2014.

Our goal is to allow professional wrestlers who are Ring of Honor Prospects the opportunity to compete in the ring in officially sanctioned ROH matches under the banner FUTURE OF HONOR.

The FUTURE OF HONOR is an affordable event that is completely family friendly. Expect 8 big matches consisting exclusively of ROH seminar/try-out students, ROH Dojo graduates, as well as ROH Wrestlers Jay Lethal, The Briscoes, and ROH World Champion Adam Cole!

"We have discovered and developed so many talented wrestlers in the ROH system that we had to create opportunities for them to compete," Says ROH Play-by-Play Announcer Kevin Kelly. "We believe the Future of Honor can become part of the ROH Dojo and fans in Central PA will have the first chance to see history made for Ring of Honor."

Join us live on April 18th and experience the future.

Wrestler Signed to Appear...
- Adam Cole
- Mark & Jay Briscoe
- Jay Lethal
- Delirious
- Brutal Bob & Cheeseburger
- Moose
- Jay Diesel
- Team Benchmark (Will Ferrara & Bill Daly)
- Jenny Rose
- Sam Shields
- Veda Scott
- Zizou Middoux
- KONGO
- Plus More!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Hmmm wonder if this will be more ROH:NXT or ROH:Gut Check

probably more Gut Check since with the exception of maybe Bill Daly, I don't think any of that dojo talent is actually signed

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

They used to do these in the early days of ROH but I forget what they were called.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

weekly font posted:

They used to do these in the early days of ROH but I forget what they were called.

pro wrestling respect?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

Do or Die.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRafTer posted:

Do or Die.

Ding.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Steen vs. Elgin at SCOH and the winner gets Okada in NYC

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I say this with no irony whatsoever, the real winner are the fans, because either way we get a potentially great match.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I say this with no irony whatsoever, the real winner are the fans, because either way we get a potentially great match.

I get to see both live!!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

John Cena posted:

I get to see both live!!

You lucky SOB. I'm also curious to see who they put Nakamura with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

:aaaaa:

• Locked thread