Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Herb Dington posted:

gently caress people walking. Run them down.

gently caress people biking. Run them down too.

I am so important.

I walk frequently and bike occasionally and as a conscientious person who also drives I respect people who are on the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Herb Dington posted:

I burn dead dinosaurs to accelerate 2 tons of metal to move my lazy rear end around. That way I can live in a community that has zero amenities except for drive-through fast-food restaurants.

yeah i'll take three kids on a bike and bike twenty miles to work each way you that sounds pretty loving awesome

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

pathetic little tramp posted:

the only power option I have in my car is steering, but I'd love to get rid of that too. manual everything owns.

U have strong arms and legs, ride a bike

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

eSports Chaebol posted:

if it's actually their turn it's really dumb to except a cyclist to come to a complete stop (I mean most drivers don't either)

except if they haven't come to a full stop it isn't their turn yet because that's how stop signs work

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Question for bikers: when there is a bike lane that's three feet wide, why is it that bikes will still ride about 6 inches from traffic? Are pedestrians that scary?

Why are you only leaving 6 inches when you overtake?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

azreal posted:

If I see you do this, I'm gonna chuck a bottle at you. Hth.

my u-lock is really heavy and good for smashing car windows, "hth"

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

mookface posted:

yeah i'll take three kids on a bike and bike twenty miles to work each way you that sounds pretty loving awesome

It's not my fault the world is built around cars. Why buck the trend? I'll just live 1000 miles from my job and eat McChurgers on the drive to my office job where I sit all day.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

mookface posted:

yeah the point is a reasonable person would not live twenty miles away from where they work, new job and new place to live both sound like reasonable options to me

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I like how around here, bike lanes appear ad disappear whenever, and often the bike lane is narrower than a bikes handlebars. Also te drivers around here are blind and/or murderous. Your options on a bike are ride on the road and die or ride on the sidewalk and get screamed at by pedestrians.

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

mookface posted:

I respect accelerate to run down people who are on the road

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Herb Dington posted:

It's not my fault the world is built around cars. Why buck the trend? I'll just live 1000 miles from my job and eat McChurgers on the drive to my office job where I sit all day.

who said it was your fault? its the reality of the situation a lot of people would commute transit if it was feasible but the infrastructure is not there so what are you saying?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Carpet posted:

Why are you only leaving 6 inches when you overtake?

because I am in my lane and you are in your bike lane so I am not actually overtaking I am just going faster than someone in an adjacent lane

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

mookface posted:

I ride 40 miles to my local coop, stop by the farmers market, then carry the staples for my family of 4 back to our sustainable hovel.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

RaIp posted:

except if they haven't come to a full stop it isn't their turn yet because that's how stop signs work

even in theory stop signs are broken since they create a race condition when two cars approach at approximately the same time. Also cars and driving exist in reality instead of in theory anyway so have fun crashing into cars you didn't yield to because it wasn't technically their turn

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Gutcruncher posted:

I like how around here, bike lanes appear ad disappear whenever, and often the bike lane is narrower than a bikes handlebars. Also te drivers around here are blind and/or murderous. Your options on a bike are ride on the road and die or ride on the sidewalk and get screamed at by pedestrians.
Are you in Houston, too?

Also please don't hit my bike:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

eSports Chaebol posted:

even in theory stop signs are broken since they create a race condition when two cars approach at approximately the same time. Also cars and driving exist in reality instead of in theory anyway so have fun crashing into cars you didn't yield to because it wasn't technically their turn

if we collide when it is my turn then they crashed into me :colbert:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

I ride 40 miles to my local coop, stop by the farmers market, then carry the staples for my family of 4 back to our sustainable hovel.

I have an earthship too and I recycle the family dung and I still hate people who ride bikes on the road like idiots

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

yep. this is not a tough decision btw

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
I too am a conscientious hippie road rager.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Since bikers hate cagers in their cages, do they worship cyclists?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Cyclists are elitist, racist rear end in a top hat with their gay spandex outfits. I never see the blacks doing your road-racing cycling, you know why? Because they know what's up. Cyclist weirdos.

And hipster fruits on their fixies in NYC are my favorite. Just kick them over when they ride past. At best they'll throw a latte or a Lou Reed album at me before prancing away in fear.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Tuxedo Gin posted:

people who drive cars on the road are douchebags.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
ive had multiple drivers literally swerve their cars at me yelling insults for biking in the road, so even though it's The Law and we have fancy fuckin bike lanes, I gotta ride on the sidewalk and scare the poo poo out of pedestrians because redneck retards can't avoid trying to kill people

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Count Freebasie posted:

Cyclists are elitist, racist rear end in a top hat with their gay spandex outfits. I never see the blacks doing your road-racing cycling, you know why? Because they know what's up. Cyclist weirdos.

And hipster fruits on their fixies in NYC are my favorite. Just kick them over when they ride past. At best they'll throw a latte or a Lou Reed album at me before prancing away in fear.

black kids love fixed gear bikes nowadays, wtf are you talking about

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

ashgromnies posted:

black kids love fixed gear bikes nowadays, wtf are you talking about

Read my post more carefully.

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?
I bike to work and it's about twice as fast as driving because I can roll by rush hour traffic in the bike lane or bike/bus lane. Also, my job pays a parking stipend that I get to pocket since I don't pay for parking. Also I am in drat good shape from doing this. There are parts of my commute that have no bike lanes, so I ride in the road. I follow the rules. I think the problem is not cyclists, but stupid people. Stupid people do stupid things in cars, and stupid people do stupid things on bikes. It's just more noticeable when they are on bikes because there are a lot more cars than bikes so you're used to seeing cars do stupid poo poo. I have to deal with pedestrians walking right in front of me in the bike lane without looking once, other idiots riding bikes in the bike lane on the wrong side of the road, etc. Basically reserve your hate for stupid people because that is the problem here and nothing else.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
the fact that a pedal patsy can legally use roadways made for real people is america's greatest tragedy

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Gas and ban everyone who posts about biking.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Count Freebasie posted:

Read my post more carefully.

ok

Count Freebasie posted:

I'm a douchebag

oh

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

turdriver posted:

the fact that a pedal patsy can legally use roadways made for real people is america's greatest tragedy

those patsies got non-urban roads paved in america educate yourself brother

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Roads_Movement

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AY94_QqMkI&t=43s

Fuckibng aggressive cyclist

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
gbs loving sucks

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

lol

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
lmao owned!!!

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
Sneaking up behind bicyclists listening to their ipods while riding like cunts is funny when you pull the airhorn and watch them endo as they nerf the curb.

"Haha, stupid cager in a car!" BRRRRROOOOOOOONK! OHFUCKSEMI.

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?

As a cyclist, this video is loving hilarious.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
low-effort trolling. i clicked thread anyway. the system works, folks!

Lord_ExDeath
Nov 21, 2005

That's how it's done...

azreal posted:

If I see you do this, I'm gonna chuck a bottle at you. Hth.

Clip 'em with the mirror, the bottle will have your fingerprints.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Lord_ExDeath posted:

Clip 'em with the mirror, the bottle will have your fingerprints.
- a guy in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azreal
Sep 2, 2011

ashgromnies posted:

my u-lock is really heavy and good for smashing car windows, "hth"

Ya but you probably have tiny weak cyclist arms that are useless for smashing anything except your smelly micropenis.

• Locked thread