Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
*Alright Chexoid, I want you to edit your post, and say the exact opposite of what you just said.*

Great game by the uh, the Blue Jays, full of, smart baserunning, great defense, and uh great at-bats.

Oh and the swing of Juan Francisco in particular is beyond reproach.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Francisco better be DFA'ed when Rasmus comes back.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Oh gently caress me.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Wow such BS.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Pagan what the gently caress are you doing!!!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Blown Save :toot: :toot:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
What the gently caress

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
Poor Romo :smith:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Angel why :(

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Down with Torontooooo :black101:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
All you need is one out, Grilli. Can you manage that?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Giants bullshit seems to have rubbed off on the Rockies

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Seriously, can we stick someone else in center for the 9th?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
A man on, which means another dinger to tie it.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Oh thank god.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004
Oh hey, how are the Twins doing today.....

Goddamnit.

Deduno, Swarzak, & Gurrier? Suddenly this score makes sense.

Doloen fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 15, 2014

Color Gray
Oct 10, 2005
BARF!

I wonder how many more Romo's going to blow before he's no longer the closer. Probably a lot, because he's a ~proven closer~.

Also, gently caress off, Pagan.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Colonel Whitey posted:

Giants bullshit seems to have rubbed off on the Rockies

You'll note that it took them a Brandon.

fluffer muffle
Oct 15, 2010

RE: RUN SUPPORT

Color Gray posted:

I wonder how many more Romo's going to blow before he's no longer the closer. Probably a lot, because he's a ~proven closer~.

Casilla will be back shortly. He was alright at it.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

fluffer muffle posted:

Casilla will be back shortly. He was alright at it.

I assume they would have Machi do it

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Color Gray posted:

Well, they were just saying that Romo's terrible against the Rockies, so...

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Color Gray posted:

Casilla melted down but was given a few tries before he stepped out of it.

Personally, I think they might as well let Machi try, but the concept of a closer is stupid anyway so might as well keep a good reliever who can be used anywhere.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Well, they were just saying that Romo's terrible against the Rockies, so...

He does pretty bad against the Rockies and Hanley Ramirez. Better against out of division teams who don't see him enough to expect sliders.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
A reminder: Jean Machi came in today with a 1,100 ERA+ and Sergio Romo with a 73 ERA+.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

I just want him be as sharp as he was in 2012 and the defense to play well behind him, is that too much to ask? :negative:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ambassador of Funk posted:

I just want him be as sharp as he was in 2012 and the defense to play well behind him, is that too much to ask? :negative:

Against the Rockies? Yes.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The gently caress? He was clearly safe. I don't understand what MLB considers 'conclusive' based on this and several other replays I've seen

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

New Concept Hole posted:

Against the Rockies? Yes.

It's like the Cubs in 2013 all over again :smith:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I guess the Giants are crashing down to the mean, hard.

At least I hope it's like that and not their season completely collapsing.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's a bit early to say the sky is falling, most of the games they've lost this week have been close and could have been different with better luck.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

You know, I think going to take break from baseball for awhile. I can a little too attached to these games and I need to know when to walk away for a bit. It's been fun you guys, maybe I'll chat with all of you and maybe I'll be back in a few weeks :unsmith:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Last year, Giants had the best record against the other teams in the division but couldn't buy a win against the Central and East (Yuni Bombs, Cubs bases loaded drama, a Mets-off against the actual Mets.)

This year, they're getting sweeps against teams like the Mets and Braves but worse in direct matchups against the division sans D-Backs.

I'd pick this year, all things considered.

EDIT: Also, Bochy needs to stop taking heart of the lineup guys like Sandoval out of the game and replacing him with Arias in the final inning. You know that Bonus Baseball is a possibility. Why shoot yourself?

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 15, 2014

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

woo Carp!

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
lol at Trout showing off

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Kenny Albert really likes to repeat himself.

Color Gray
Oct 10, 2005
BARF!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yeah, I don't want to Chicken Little, but back-to-back absolute gut-punches like that could certainly to start the nosedive. If they blow the Bumgarner start tomorrow, start panicking.

Also I really hope that they bench Pagan for a while, not as a punishment, but because I think that there's something wrong with him. :smithicide:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

THE RED MENACE posted:

lol at Trout showing off

if this was about his stolen base, I'm pretty sure he lost track of the count and thought that was ball 4. he pulls up almost exactly when you can hear the ump call ball.

Color Gray
Oct 10, 2005
BARF!

Ambassador of Funk posted:

You know, I think going to take break from baseball for awhile. I can a little too attached to these games and I need to know when to walk away for a bit. It's been fun you guys, maybe I'll chat with all of you and maybe I'll be back in a few weeks :unsmith:

:hf: Same here. After last night, I wasn't going to watch today but I couldn't help myself and turned it on around the 7th inning. At least now I'll probably be able to have the strength to not watch tomorrow! :shepicide:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Getting real sick of seeing warning track outs in this Brewers game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Please get this out here, Choate.

• Locked thread