Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
The inevitable regression to mean for the Royals is going to make me sad, but this is pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm going to go blow up second base

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

holy gently caress, I did not think he was gonna catch that.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
poo poo, I just got home from work and nearly half of the games being played today are either over or in the late innings. Suddenly I feel like a west coaster all of a sudden.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Is it too late to bandwagon the Royals???

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

They'll just break your heart. This just usually happens in September rather than June.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
Big Papi :stare:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

John Lackey's line today owns: 9 IP, 0 runs, 3 hits, 1 walk, 9 strikeouts

no decision lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good job not having your left-handed closer ready to pitch the tenth because of CLOSER MENTALITY, Twins

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
Napoli :woop:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I wouldn't until we're hot going into the playoffs.

On the plus side, one of the biggest things that kept us out of the playoffs last year was that point early in the season where we lost 19 out of 23 or whatever. Without something like that happening this year our playoff chances might be really good.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
loving hell the Twins suck

nopants
May 29, 2004

belt posted:

They'll just break your heart. This just usually happens in September rather than June.

The Royals are usually in first place in September?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

nopants posted:

The Royals are usually in first place in September?

Well I meant they go on a winning streak that usually doesn't matter because it's in September, but yeah it was a pretty dumb thing to say. Blame it on my extreme cynicism with this team.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

now would be a great time for a Holliday smash.

edit: god damnit, Matt. :mad:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

belt posted:

It is 2014 and I root for the Rangers, my heart is already broken.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Tim Hudson's ERA blew up today. Have the Giants ever played the Sox at home before?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Holliday why :(

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Tim Hudson's ERA blew up today. Have the Giants ever played the Sox at home before?

If you mean at AT&T, the last time was in 2011. If you mean in Chicago, I think the pregame yesterday said the last time was in 2003.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

If you mean at AT&T, the last time was in 2011. If you mean in Chicago, I think the pregame yesterday said the last time was in 2003.

Yeah I meant Chicago. Thanks for the info.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

:sigh:

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
See if Adams still had his dad here we could have at least tied there.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh Detroit :(

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm just going to keep telling myself that they lost because the ball hit the base, and not because they are a dogshit team who will lose 90 games.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Bases Loaded, no outs. Please don't gently caress this up Giants.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Bases Loaded, no outs. Please don't gently caress this up Giants.

Well, they managed to get one run in on a sac fly. :negative:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alan Trammell posted:

I'm just going to keep telling myself that they lost because the ball hit the base, and not because they are a dogshit team who will lose 90 games.

The 90 loss season is going to be really painful when they lose their 2015 first round pick signing another loving worthless closer.

notbrant
Jul 1, 2003
Forgot it was an early game today for the Giants.

That 6-9 order in the lineup probably had Sale worried.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

notbrant posted:

Forgot it was an early game today for the Giants.

That 6-9 order in the lineup probably had Sale worried.

Adrianza and Perez have more hits this game than Morse and Sandoval.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow, nice play by Donaldson, hope that pays off.

EDIT: NOPE

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Goddamn, Cespedes is fast.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

What is Vogt's walk-up music?

It rules.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Silver lining: Santiago Casilla is back and pitched two perfect innings. :unsmith:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I had a bad day at work. Please win this Giants so it can make Hawk Harrelson pissed.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Yo that dude in the stands batted that ball away.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Please pound this, Moose.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yo that dude in the stands batted that ball away.

From what I saw it looked like he missed which might be even more sad.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Sanchez go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
You're garbage, Adrianza.

• Locked thread