Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
#1 Spot Bitch
This poll is closed.
Exum My Dude 12 13.95%
Wiggins Playa 51 59.30%
Parker My Dawg 7 8.14%
I choose the field because I am bitchmade 16 18.60%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The bus is a metaphor for global capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
@WojYahooNBA Charlotte remains focused on a shooter with No. 9. Doug McDermott is No. 1 choice, Nik Stauskas Plan B, sources tell Yahoo.

I swear Michael Jordan does not get poo poo on nearly enough by the media. He honest to god might be the worst drafter of all time. Maybe someone has been worse, I don't know how it is possible, but there certainly cannot be more than 5 people more horrible at the draft. Actually, as I was typing this I realized Elgin Baylor is untouchable, but Jordan might be second.

I know he is the greatest of all time, a legend, blablabla, but he is just atrocious at the draft.

(he also took steroids)

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
Someone just make a DraftBus twitter feed already

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ribsauce posted:

@WojYahooNBA Charlotte remains focused on a shooter with No. 9. Doug McDermott is No. 1 choice, Nik Stauskas Plan B, sources tell Yahoo.

I swear Michael Jordan does not get poo poo on nearly enough by the media. He honest to god might be the worst drafter of all time. Maybe someone has been worse, I don't know how it is possible, but there certainly cannot be more than 5 people more horrible at the draft. Actually, as I was typing this I realized Elgin Baylor is untouchable, but Jordan might be second.

I know he is the greatest of all time, a legend, blablabla, but he is just atrocious at the draft.

(he also took steroids)

? Those are both good choices with that pick?

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Woah I'm sure I'm just late to the game on this one but I just saw Joel Embiid's shot chart? It cracks me up. The guy took like 0 actual jump shots.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Look, I see tall white guy drafted by Jordan and I think Ammo, I can't help it.

Even if those are good picks, his history is still as awful as anyone. and should be acknowledged anyway.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Jordan is not the GM

I'd rather they just take the BPA, but McDermott is fine. Charlotte almost never takes the consensus/rumored pick, though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ribsauce posted:

(he also took steroids)

Jordan doesn't draft. Cho(IIRC) is the GM

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How was Ammo ever picked at 2 dear god.

McDermott and Staus will be able to play I think. They will at least be good role players. Their shooting is too good to be bad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NBAtv saying Randle is the best in the post but wasnt he like .40 points per poss down there?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

euphronius posted:

How was Ammo ever picked at 2 dear god.

McDermott and Staus will be able to play I think. They will at least be good role players. Their shooting is too good to be bad.

This I think Stauskas' floor is a more athletic Kyle Korver.

I really loving love Nik Stauskas, and am probably insane.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Ribsauce posted:

(he also took steroids)
Neither of those are bad value at 9, and they fit the needs of the Hornets. I also don't know that there's anything suggesting it's Jordan's doing instead of Cho or whoever else. I mean, I wouldn't doubt it, but it was pretty well known that he was Morrison's most vocal supporter, and I haven't heard about much interference from him this time around.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

euphronius posted:

NBAtv saying Randle is the best in the post but wasnt he like .40 points per poss down there?

No?

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

euphronius posted:

Randle shot 59% inside 8 feet. He was an awful jump shooter this year, but around the rim he was good.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Dexo posted:

This I think Stauskas' floor is a more athletic Kyle Korver.

I really loving love Nik Stauskas, and am probably insane.

I prefer Stauskas over McDermott as well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah he shot 40% from the post, nevermind, confused the stats. .80 points per poss in the post.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The actual draft starts at 8 ET, correct?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Philadelphia is no longer pursuing a deal with Cleveland for the No. 1 pick, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah I would just wait for them to pick Wiggins and then offer the trade.

Someone said that in the old thread and it made sense.

The risk is someone swoops in and trades with CLE before the pick.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Has John Salmons been traded to Memphis for their 1st rounder yet?

God drat it announce it now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm banking on the Lakers taking Randle because he's ready now and Kobe wants to win

He's kind of a decent choice either way (rebuilding/winning now). I still want Aaron Gordon due to personal bias, but I'll be really happy with Randle.

Basically the only person I'll be unhappy with is Smart.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Rick posted:

Basically the only person I'll be unhappy with is Smart.

This is probably true for any lottery team after the first two picks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

That suit is awful and you are all terrible people who are destroying fashion.

And everyone stop wearing bow ties right now. That's like a fedora you put around you neck.

I don't want to let this post get lost in the old thread. Truer words never spoken.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You are supposed to wear bowties with tuxes.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Come on Phil, get us a first round pick

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This is more exciting without Detroit owning a meaningful pick. I can just enjoy the magic.

Wiggins is so smiley and baby faced, good sign!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I've had to shuffle my mother between hospitals all day, so if the Mavs could magically get Wiggins, that'd be great, thanks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Look at these insane people who want 7-foot NBA mutant people to dress like normal people on draft day. They should be going with epaulettes, capes, spats, whatever insane poo poo they want. I want a guy to wear a suit with his own face airbrushed onto it and then have his team cap airbrushed onto that face as he stands on the podium.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I have a feeling Randle is going to fall due to his gator arms. It's hard to be a big man in the NBA with short arms. And everyone hates you if you wear a deep pocketed pant and your poor short arms cant reach in!!!!!!!!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^^ They aren't as short as people think. 7'0 wingspan.

euphronius posted:

You are supposed to wear bowties with tuxes.

Stauskas just came.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Apparently Portland doesn't have a single pick in this draft.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

What time does the draft actually start? The first Google result said 7:00, the second 8:00, and the NBA's website has a timer counting down to 7:30.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think first pick is 730.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

australian accents

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kiimo posted:

^^^^ They aren't as short as people think. 7'0 wingspan.

Stauskas just came.

I think it's one of those armspan vs wingspan things, because his back is wide enough to obscure the fact that his arms are short for his height as an NBA man

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

I'm trying to prepare myself for some form of disappointment. It's just so hard to predict how it's going to come. :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The sixers will get one great player, one great player and a good player, or one great player and two good players minus MCW.

So our downside is one great player.

By the way remember drafting Evan Turner number 2 that was horrible and I hated that and I hate ET.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

The sixers will get one great player, one great player and a good player, or one great player and two good players minus MCW.

So our downside is one great player.

By the way remember drafting Evan Turner number 2 that was horrible and I hated that and I hate ET.

Check 2010's top 12 picks

John Wall, Evan Turner, Durrick Favors, Wesley Johnson, DeMarcus Cousins, Ekpe Udoh, Greg Monroe, Al Fraouq Aminu, Gordon Hayward, Paul George, Cole Aldrich, Xavier Henry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought they should have taken Cousins at the time, IIRC correctly.

Whatever. Et being terrible lead to The Tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Who do you think they're gonna take

• Locked thread