Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

News: UGA shot themselves in the foot in just about every way they could have and left at least 17 points on the board and Tech just flat out out-played us.

Views:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Noctone posted:

this is definitely a good line of conversation to be heading down

Its a cfb subforum, I guess we should just be thankful no one said any racist stuff yet

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

anne frank fanfic posted:

Why wasn't it targeting do you know?

Targeting requires a player leave his feet or maliciously go into the head this year. That hit had helmet contact, but Euguaven did not make initial contact with the crown of the helmet nor did he drive across the qb's head with intent to injure.

On first view, I thought it was clean: Sam E was upright on the hit and did not drive Petty into the turf. On replay, it was the right call: a hit on the qb with helmet contact, but not malicious for targeting.

The referees were quite bad today. Randy Crystal and his crew needs to retire.

Sorry we keep killing your qbs. Also that other dude had a dislocated elbow. He's not coming back. But you kids need to get better at winning. Never seen anyone bitch more about a win... And don't act like you play a perfectly clean game. Oakman's knee was bad and apparently one of your guys tried too steal Mahomes arm band. One of TTU's ball boys had to go and retrieve it.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Halah posted:

My word, where have we heard this before :argh::bang:

This right here is what real rivalries are about. True hatred only comes with a real respect of the opponent.

Also, Jupiter Testicles Barrett watched the game from the loving stands before going to the hospital.

If it was a true rivalry Gardner would be celebrating

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Late, but

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

gently caress Georgia football.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

gently caress everything.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

Targeting requires a player leave his feet or maliciously go into the head this year. That hit had helmet contact, but Euguaven did not make initial contact with the crown of the helmet nor did he drive across the qb's head with intent to injure.

On first view, I thought it was clean: Sam E was upright on the hit and did not drive Petty into the turf. On replay, it was the right call: a hit on the qb with helmet contact, but not malicious for targeting.

Sorry we keep killing your qbs. Also that other dude had a dislocated elbow. He's not coming back. But you kids need to get better at winning. Never seen anyone bitch more about a win... And don't act like you play a perfectly clean game. Oakman's knee was bad and apparently one of your guys tried too steal Mahomes arm band. One of TTU's ball boys had to go and retrieve it.

I actually think Oakman is just a huge oaf and was trying to stand up but it looked really bad so I thought he was gonna get called. I'm sure they're really sorry about stealing your armband. The refs gave tech their final TD though anyway with 2 blatant noncalls on holds in a row so it shouldn't have been that close.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

JonathonSpectre posted:

A child born the last time FSU lost a football game would have turned 2 years old today.

Unless he comes back and loses next year, Jameis Winston will leave college having never lost a regular season game.

Nor will he have lost a rape accusation!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

anne frank fanfic posted:

I actually think Oakman is just a huge oaf and was trying to stand up but it looked really bad so I thought he was gonna get called. I'm sure they're really sorry about stealing your armband. The refs gave tech their final TD though anyway with 2 blatant noncalls on holds in a row so it shouldn't have been that close.

See, you can't play the refs didn't call this or that game. There were no-calls that greatly benefited Baylor too, and we can go back and forth on that all day.

Just agree with me that the refs were horrible and should be fired without predjudice for such a terrible showing. This crew was responsible for many terrible games this year.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Scarf posted:

I'd def. say no to 3 of those girls.

You mean them to you.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
Hail Xort, Bama wins... forever.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

Targeting requires a player leave his feet or maliciously go into the head this year.

Are you sure about that? I have seen lots of upheld targeting calls this year where the defender stayed on his feet and was clearly not headhunting. If they lead with their head and hit the ball carriers helmet they are called. Malicious or not.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

fffff posted:

Hail Xort, Bama wins... forever.

I'm not sure this is how Xort works.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
South carolina is just a godawful place

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

I'm not sure this is how Xort works.

Xort is a false prophet.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know I get salty about the SEC and I know it's annoying but I just need to say god drat it all I want is one loving year where Bama is out of the hunt.

Also Emron I was right, you're welcome you loving shitheel.

(You're actually cool :3:)

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

See, you can't play the refs didn't call this or that game. There were no-calls that greatly benefited Baylor too, and we can go back and forth on that all day.

Just agree with me that the refs were horrible and should be fired without predjudice for such a terrible showing. This crew was responsible for many terrible games this year.

Yeah the refs always suck. I feel weird defending Oakman but I really think he just can't control his long appendages like a big retarded child. There was an easy scoop and score he could've done vs TCU but he's way too tall to bend over and pick something up so he just fell on it.

Thoguh posted:

Are you sure about that? I have seen lots of upheld targeting calls this year where the defender stayed on his feet and was clearly not headhunting. If they lead with their head and hit the ball carriers helmet they are called. Malicious or not.

Targeting I just have no idea what it is or how its enforced. Last year any hit would draw a targeting foul if a helmet even hit close to the shoulders, this year I've rarely seen it. You think helmet to helmet vs a qb would draw it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://vine.co/v/Onpb3alKJVe

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Oberst posted:

Charleston and Hilton Head are pretty cool, though.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

I sure don't know how closely they hold to that definition then - I've seen similar hits get called. But whatever. Frankly the hit itself didn't really bother me as much as Tech fans booing like mad at the flag when Petty was out like a light. Not to tie you into that or anything.

Yeah, Refs bad. Think they did TCU/Baylor too.

I'm not convinced Oakman didn't just stumble while trying to untangle himself from that pile, but whatever. Also, who's been bitching? I was a little sore about the way some Tech fans responded to Petty getting rocked but uh, sorry not sorry?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

If it was a true rivalry Gardner would be celebrating

No, you do not celebrate injuries to your rivals, you lament them. They are to be defeated at their full strength and optimal condition so as to leave them with no excuses and make the loss hurt more keenly.

Really sorry for Barrett. I do hope the playoff committee downvotes OSU as a result, though. I remember 1973.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

N: gently caress Auburn

V: gently caress Auburn.

Stuff
Jan 2, 2012
alabama and new england are going to win their respective championships aren't they? :negative:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Can Georgia get Minnesota in the Outback so I can eat a bloomin onion and make Jerry Kill seizure jokes

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Oberst posted:

Charleston owns

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Emron posted:

N: gently caress Auburn

V: gently caress Auburn.

I am okay with this. Can our defense show up in the playoffs PLEASE

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Deteriorata posted:

No, you do not celebrate injuries to your rivals, you lament them. They are to be defeated at their full strength and optimal condition so as to leave them with no excuses and make the loss hurt more keenly.

Really sorry for Barrett. I do hope the playoff committee downvotes OSU as a result, though. I remember 1973.

Michigan didn't get downvoted that season. Ohio state was #1 in the nation and tied Michigan on the road why wouldn't they get to go?

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 30, 2014

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
If you guys can make scary faces at Mauk, it will be enough

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

RumbleFish posted:

Charleston and Hilton Head are pretty cool, though.

Sorry were you saying something? Can't hear you over the lovely fanbases

E:

Guys, don't take every post lamenting a lovely football loss so literally

sc sux

Dabo sweeny has a dumb face and I hate him

Oberst fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 30, 2014

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Can Georgia get Minnesota in the Outback so I can eat a bloomin onion and make Jerry Kill seizure jokes

I want to win though

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Btw florida easily wins the most frustrating team to watch award for 2014. Christ I wanted to die four or five times during the game today

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
That GDT was one of the best in recent memory. Especially because of backwards_nacho.gif

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

Michigan didn't get downvoted that season. Ohio state was #1 in the nation and tied Michigan on the road why wouldn't they get to go?

Ohio State had gone the year before and should have been ineligible to go again based on the rules of the time. The Big Ten reps expressly said that with (Dennis) Franklin out with a broken collarbone they didn't think Michigan would do as well, so they voted to violate the rules and send OSU instead.

I would not be angry if you were on the receiving end of a similar situation.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
USC housed ND, and Memphis won a conference title for the first time in 43 year's today owned.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Deteriorata posted:

I knew you would go there. Trust me, no one in OSU-land is clamoring for the Cardale Jones Experience. I have a feeling it will be both hilarious and awesome, and not necessarily in a good way. It's led to things like this...

...because yeah, :siren: A Cardale Jones Pass :siren: will be A Thing going forward.

Jesus, the third string QB and a poo poo defense vs. Melvin Gordon...we are screwed

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

Reading through the rule, it could have been interpreted as targeting and would not have been a terrible call, but on the same side, it's not a terrible call that it wasn't targeting.

Here's the rule: http://www.afca.com/article/article.php?id=2342

The key is the definition of targeting: Targetto take aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with an apparent intent that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. While Petty was considered a defenseless player, you can judge that head contact was incidental and as part of an attempt at a legal tackle.

For the record, according to the wording of the rule, Digg's hit on Mahomes was a legal hit, and I'm OK with that.

Euguaven would have been OK if he wrapped Petty up, but he has had problems with actually using his arms at all this year.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So if Wisconsin and Arizona win I assume we get a proper Rose Bowl just as Jesus intended us to?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Deteriorata posted:

Ohio State had gone the year before and should have been ineligible to go again based on the rules of the time. The Big Ten reps expressly said that with (Dennis) Franklin out with a broken collarbone they didn't think Michigan would do as well, so they voted to violate the rules and send OSU instead.

I would not be angry if you were on the receiving end of a similar situation.

The rule changed in 1971 so it doesn't apply.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide
This is the greatest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyJggWBIkbU

• Locked thread