Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did the Packers choke?
This poll is closed.
Yes 288 26.09%
Yes 273 24.73%
Yes 276 25.00%
Yes 267 24.18%
Total: 373 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Tzen posted:

Nothing but love.

Seahawks own. Pete Carroll owns. Russell Wilson owns. Life is Beautiful. Time to celebrate.

Hearing the fireworks gently caress yeah

Same for Bellevue. Although an amazing game, I am not looking forward to the Facebook posts :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Petite Dinklage posted:

I am a broken man

rekd

sorry for your loss

pause not

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

lol you deserve that poo poo if you leave a playoff game early

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Why are Packers fans upset? They were huge underdogs against a generational dynasty in their home stadium and almost won. That's a huge moral victory to make it go to OT

:agreed:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Why are Packers fans upset? They were huge underdogs against a generational dynasty in their home stadium and almost won. That's a huge moral victory to make it go to OT

I'm in love with this post

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ManifunkDestiny posted:

People get upset when winnable situations get hosed up.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

waah posted:

You are amazingly terrible.

That post is funny.

Typo Ink
Oct 17, 2002
Sarcastic Orange

OrangeKing posted:

It wasn't a major error though, they're 99%+ to win the game at that point whether he runs it upfield 10 yards or not.

It probably wasn't a huge difference, but it's hard to say what would've happened. Yeah, it's not like he had 30 yards of open field, but it certainly looked like there was at least a chance for him to return it for big yardage and put the Packers in FG range. And there was 5 minutes left - not two - five!

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

throw Dom Capers into a trash compactor

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want to see the person who said "let's kick field goals" publicly shamed and fired.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

ManifunkDestiny posted:

this post rules

anyways sorry for interrupting your football stuff but my facebook exploded and it turns out this game was hilarious

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

AAC is dead I presume.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

What was killer is that the after the last GB INT, it only took a minute off the clock and only pushed Seattle back 20 yards.

That and the stupid 3 & 19 conversion where they rushed 3....I'm still kind of confused as to why the 15 yards foul for unsportsmanlike contact wasn't tacked on after the sack on that series, but whatever that didn't cost us the game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

panascope posted:

AAC is dead I presume.

Another reason to celebrate.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
The offense making the comeback is nice but the real story is the Seahawks defense holding Aaron Rodgers and the Packers so many times. The red zone stops in the first half and shutting them down in the second kept it close enough for the comeback to happen. Who knows what Sherman's condition is but that was amazing.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

oshuaj posted:

throw Dom Capers into a trash compactor

He didn't decide to bitch out o. 4th and 1

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Wilson is 10-0 against Super Bowl winning quarterbacks

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

panascope posted:

AAC is dead I presume.

God I hope so

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

panascope posted:

AAC is dead I presume.

Let's hope

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
mike mccarthy is a bitch rear end motherfucker

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Lessail posted:

mike mccarthy is a bitch rear end motherfucker

4th and 1 foot and you kick the loving field goal? I'm going to have to agree here.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
Seahawks are neat and cool

I hope Sherman's arm heals in 2 weeks, gonna need him

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
That was a fun game. Green Bay should have gone for it. College overtime rules are still better than the NFL.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
I don't care anymore. gently caress the superbowl. Dumbass capers, bostick, hawk, etc etc many people are too blame.

edit: mccarthy is a bitch rear end motherfucker

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

You can blame Green Bay's playcalling all you want but the game was still in hand for the Packers until the players decided they had already won it early.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

And why did the guy slide on the last interception?

He was probably trying to avoid doing something dumb like fumbling but yeah he should have tried to get some yards there.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Thaddius the Large posted:

I get that some of the stuff said may be hyperbolic (all that dynasty talk stands out), but gently caress it, nothing wrong with enjoying your team's success, and it's being backed up on the field, so I can't hate on it.

Yeah I know I'm not gonna tell someone how to cheer but going "gently caress YOU PACKERS FANS HAHAHA", good god I wish world in conflict did come in true and we finally nuked seattle once and for all

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

You can blame Green Bay's playcalling all you want but the game was still in hand for the Packers until the players decided they had already won it early.

Uh huh good take

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

TubeStank posted:

Uh huh good take

It's true though

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i'm mike mccarthy and i'm scared shitless of the seattle defense and will play for fgs because i'm a bitch rear end motherfucker

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Yeah I know I'm not gonna tell someone how to cheer but going "gently caress YOU PACKERS FANS HAHAHA", good god I wish world in conflict did come in true and we finally nuked seattle once and for all

apologies for the brutal ownage

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

truth

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

windshipper posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWKS!
To quote myself. Because as far as I am concerned today, gently caress the P. gently caress the packers and gently caress the patriots.

gently caress the P.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

To be fair gently caress the packers and their fans

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm not a Packer fan, but hate Seattle with the fire of a thousand suns, and it was really clear that the Packers went into that lazy rear end lets just run out the clock mode of defense and offense like the game was wrapped up. I didn't like the playcalling in the last 5 minutes, and even the players seemed to stop giving as much of a poo poo.

I guarantee Belicheck won't let his guys do that assuming New England meets them in the Super Bowl.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

wheez the roux posted:

apologies for the brutal ownage

My fav post of the year.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzjLv2x6IGU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
that one guy was so overconfident that he just let the ball bounce off his face as a joke. Not so funny now is it funny jokerman????????

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

windshipper posted:

To quote myself. Because as far as I am concerned today, gently caress the P. gently caress the packers and gently caress the patriots.

gently caress the P.

Also FYI, seattle's big D helped us to F the P. I am down with that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I have no idea how we won that game

If Sherman can't heal in time we are capital-f hosed in the Super Bowl

Whatever, gently caress it, :hawksin:

• Locked thread