Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't believe how many bad teams there are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ehud posted:

We Truly Are The Garbageball.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ehud posted:

Its been a really weird season where theres like 3 top teams and the rest are just average to awful

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

R.D. Mangles posted:

Jay Cutler rules.

Yeah he does. I wish Chicago sportswriters would pump the brakes about Jeremy Langford, though. Dude is averaging 3.5 yards a carry and dropped a game-ending pass that hit him right in the hands, and they're ready to kick Forte to the curb for some reason.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010

fsif posted:

Hahahahahahaha, the video is even better. Congrats on being even stodgier and thinner-skinned than Mike freaking Mularkey.

This will be yet another good playoff game this year from the Bengals.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CyberPingu posted:

Its been a really weird season where theres like 3 top teams and the rest are just average to awful

go cardinals

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
There are a lot of bad teams because there's a lot of bad retread coaches and coordinators who need to be fired

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Parm's new av is the best thing ever. Much thanks to whoever just made his posts worth reading.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I feel like if I was a fan of an undefeated team I'd rather my team get defeated early enough to work out their flaws BEFORE the playoffs than lose in the playoffs first, or lose right at the end of the regular season from sitting starters or whatever

like that's what the Colts did that one year, they sat starters before they lost a game and then they got clowned in the playoffs

It's a really bad team that's not looking for flaws and working on them after a victory.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Dalton should take on Pacman as a media relations consultant

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ron Rivera giving the team Monday off

Watch Cam, lol.

Most of the team came in anyway and watched film.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
If Dalton wanted to burn Watt he should have said that all the HGH Watt was using is clogging up his brain and we should cut him some slack.

The pants making GBS threads meltdown in the press and around the league would have been glorious. Red Rifle phew phew!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
If Watt wanted to burn Dalton he just had to turn on the lights.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ramadu posted:

N: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/carson-palmer-could-be-facing-fine-for-crotch-chop-at-seattle-fans/

v: :lol:

Also, Bruce Arians is the best: Arians on Ellington TD: "A lot of people were saying, ‘Get out of bounds,’ and I'm saying, ‘Stay in bounds. Go score. poo poo.’"

:allears:

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
The Texans are going to make the playoffs and win in them as the psychological effects of JJ Watt's increasingly juvenile taunts to opposing QBs allow the team to overcome their notable deficiencies in skill and ability. First they will win in Oakland when Derek Carr throws 4 interceptions after hearing Watt call his brother "lame". Then onto a victory against the Steelers where JJ's implication of a cootie-related side effect to Big Ben's bathroom escapades proves too much for Pittsburgh to handle. And finally, in the AFC championship game, it's the Patriots who are on the receiving end of some dirty mind tricks, as JJ Watt uses Tom Brady's vain against him by calling him an "old man".

The Texans then go on to win an unceremonious and somber Super Bowl 50, dominating a shell-shocked Packers team led by Scott Tolzien after Aaron Rodgers is found hanging in his hotel room the morning of the big game, his suicide not containing but one word, "manlet", a direct quote from JJ Watt.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The Texans are 4 and 5 and beat a team that managed to only score 2 field goals at home. I doubt they beat the Jags or Titans again this year. Bortles will be drinking their milkshakes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sheriff posted:

The Texans are going to make the playoffs and win in them as the psychological effects of JJ Watt's increasingly juvenile taunts to opposing QBs allow the team to overcome their notable deficiencies in skill and ability. First they will win in Oakland when Derek Carr throws 4 interceptions after hearing Watt call his brother "lame". Then onto a victory against the Steelers where JJ's implication of a cootie-related side effect to Big Ben's bathroom escapades proves too much for Pittsburgh to handle. And finally, in the AFC championship game, it's the Patriots who are on the receiving end of some dirty mind tricks, as JJ Watt uses Tom Brady's vain against him by calling him an "old man".

The Texans then go on to win an unceremonious and somber Super Bowl 50, dominating a shell-shocked Packers team led by Scott Tolzien after Aaron Rodgers is found hanging in his hotel room the morning of the big game, his suicide not containing but one word, "manlet", a direct quote from JJ Watt.

I would like to subscribe to your reality.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It's time for the Case Keenum experience

Still better than the Nick Foles experience

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I had a dream last night that JJ Watt and Ronda Rousey started dating and they had a reality show on Netflix called Real American Heroes.

:barf:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spoeank posted:

I had a dream last night that JJ Watt and Ronda Rousey started dating and they had a reality show on Netflix called Real American Heroes.

:barf:

Prophecy is a kind of dream, I suppose.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kalli posted:

1pm Games:
Rams @ Ravens - A titanic battle of a team that hates passing and a team that can't pass

Flacco is actually 7th in passing yards this season, because the defense is idiotic and the running game is bad. Unfortunately, also, the receiving corps is even worse.

God if the Ravens actually had some wideouts this season this offense would actually look Good instead of wildly inconsistent

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article45163665.html

quote:

Tennesee Titans fan Rosemary Plorin of Nashville attended Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers with her fourth-grade daughter. On Monday, she sent us this note she wrote to Panthers’ quarterback Cam Newton:

Dear Mr. Newton,

Congratulations on your win in Nashville today. Our team played well, but yours played better. Kudos to the Panthers organization.

That game happened to be my nine year old daughter’s first live NFL experience. She was surprised to see so many Panthers’ fans sitting in our section of the stadium; that doesn’t happen much at fourth grade football games. And she was excited we were near the end zone, so we would be close to the “action,” particularly in the second half.

Because of where we sat, we had a close up view of your conduct in the fourth quarter. The chest puffs. The pelvic thrusts. The arrogant struts and the ‘in your face’ taunting of both the Titans’ players and fans. We saw it all.

I refuse to believe you don’t realize you are a role model. You are paid millions of dollars every week to play hard and be a leader. In the off season you’re expected to make appearances, support charities, and inspire young kids to pursue your sport and all sports. With everything the NFL has gone through in recent years, I’m confident they have advised that you are, by virtue of your position and career choice, a role model.

And because you are a role model, your behavior brought out like behavior in the stands. Some of the Panthers fans in our section began taunting the hometown fans. Many Titans fans booed you, a few offering instructive, but not necessarily family friendly, suggestions as to how you might change your behavior.

My daughter sensed the change immediately – and started asking questions. Won’t he get in trouble for doing that? Is he trying to make people mad? Do you think he knows he looks like a spoiled brat?

I didn’t have great answers for her, and honestly, in an effort to minimize your negative impact and what was otherwise a really fun day, I redirected her attention to the cheerleaders and mascot.

I could tell she was still thinking about it as we boarded a shuttle back to our car. “I guess he doesn’t have kids or a Mom at home watching the game,” she added.

I don’t know about your family life Mr. Newton, but I think I’m safe in saying thousands of kids watch you every week. You have amazing talent and an incredible platform to be a role model for them. Unfortunately, what you modeled for them today was egotism, arrogance and poor sportsmanship.

Is that what your coaches and mentors modeled for you, Mr. Newton?

ahahahahahahahahahahaha what a moron

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Goddammit it came here to post this.

It might just be the single whitest thing ever written aside from people bitching about batflips

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If I had a kid, I'd want them to be Good And Cool, so I would encourage them to watch Cam "Good And Cool" Newton

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That mom is setting up Life to dunk all over her little girl.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Is there a .gif or video of whatever this Cam dance is that has somehow shaken the Titans community to its very core?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

when did he pelvic thrust?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

WHOOPS posted:

Is there a .gif or video of whatever this Cam dance is that has somehow shaken the Titans community to its very core?

All he did was dance, then after like 5 seconds a bunch of Titans came over to be sad about giving up a touchdown, so Cam danced at them for another 5 seconds.

How dare he.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i like how tom brady walks out of a post game presser like a complete fuckboy and no one says a thing

if cam did that you'd hear about it for weeks

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

you mean like how Tom Brady screamed at the refs and followed them out of the game when it was over after they lost to the Panthers last year and everyone was all "look how passionate he is"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:ughh:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
People like to throw around the phrase "role model" without really thinking about what it means.

If you're trying to be an NFL player professionally to the exclusion of all other life pursuits, by all means, make a football player your role model.

For most other walks of life, having to wake up at 5 AM and train for hours, live in a city that's not your actual home for 5 months, literally sleep with your coworkers for days or weeks at a time, and deal with the national media may not be a relevant role to emulate.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Sounds like everyone who wants to be in the military looks up to Cameron Newton.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cam should strive to be more of a role model like the other NFL players who beat women, drive intoxicated, rape, and murder.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tennessee is probably only about 30 years behind the rest of the planet culturally, so I imagine the Safety Dance is en vogue about now.

And that teaches us the only lesson we need here.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WHOOPS posted:

https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/666232627192586240

Cam rules and all people who are mad at this are mentally ill

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

New topic, what the gently caress Browns?

Quick reads are out: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2015/week-10-quick-reads

Roethlisberger had 380 yards passing, and...

quote:

Roethlisberger's completions, yards, and touchdowns do not include the four DPI flags he drew for another 141 yards, but those penalties are accounted for in his DYAR. Each of those DPI flags gained at least 29 yards, and they made up four of his eight longest plays passing plays. There have only been 27 DPI flags that long all season. No other quarterback has even drawn four of them all season, let alone in a single game. Carson Palmer and Jameis Winston have drawn three each; Palmer is the only other quarterback to get two in a game. Roethlisberger killed the Browns all day long with deep passes. Counting those DPIs as completions, he went 10-of-13 for 356 yards on passes that traveled at least 16 yards past the line of scrimmage. Yes, that is 27.4 yards per play.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Obviously angry that their daughter couldnt handle being served and had no comeback to Cam's superior dance moves.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

No Butt Stuff posted:

when did he pelvic thrust?

It really drove them insaaaaaaane...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Hey guys, please don't be mean to Andy Dalton (because he can't handle it)

Video:
https://twitter.com/awexler/status/666484081610244096

Now That's Paper

• Locked thread