Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

McSpankWich posted:

Just started this, rolled a rogue. It's pretty fun actually, the skill and battle system flows really nicely. I assume stamina is the equivalent of NRG in BE but uhh.... it seems like it's basically unlimited, I have full stamina with like +50 extra after beating the runic temple. Do you get any kind of bonuses for following friends other than just being able to use their abilities in battle? What do I do with all these extra copies of useless cards I'm accumulating? Fuse them together?

i either sell them or use them as fodder for my 3/4* good cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

McSpankWich posted:

I assume stamina is the equivalent of NRG in BE but uhh.... it seems like it's basically unlimited, I have full stamina with like +50 extra after beating the runic temple.

Like a lot of these games, the first few days you play you're overloaded with stamina to get you hooked, but it starts tapering off to a more normal distribution pretty quickly.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Tried out Ranger since once you get to the roadblock at Castle Cornelia it seems like there's a lot of wind enemies, and having a job that can get wind and earth orbs seemed like a good idea. Maybe it's just because I only have one good wind card but I'm not liking Ranger, it just seems really weak compared to the other two jobs.

Aerox posted:

So, is it best to use summon tickets for job cards, 4* ability pulls, or should I be hoarding them for some special event??

Personally I'm waiting on job pulls for when they add some new classes, I think the starting classes should be fine to do story content and if I pull a job that's already available when new ones get added, I haven't wasted anything.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 4, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i wonder if there's any stealing or bonus drop chance/skillseed drop with thief

if so that'd be a decent reason to go thief but if not yeah they feel kinda weak

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Element Starter randomly giving me 2 Hearts to start with needs to happen more often, because drat does it feel good.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Tried out Ranger since once you get to the roadblock at Castle Cornelia it seems like there's a lot of wind enemies, and having a job that can get wind and earth orbs seemed like a good idea. Maybe it's just because I only have one good wind card but I'm not liking Ranger, it just seems really weak compared to the other two jobs.

Chapter 2 is full of earth mobs, so I've been making a lot of work out of Ranger. My low supply of fire cards/spellseeds means it's pretty much my main now that Mage is having such a hard time breaking enemies.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Friend tickets are ONLY used for cactaur pulls, right? There's no reason to hoard them for anything else -- I should be doing a cactaur pull a day assuming I get my 10 summons?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Aerox posted:

Friend tickets are ONLY used for cactaur pulls, right? There's no reason to hoard them for anything else -- I should be doing a cactaur pull a day assuming I get my 10 summons?

i believe so, i know the costs go up every time you do it per day? its weird

also i'm about to 4* my ifrita, has anyone put out a tier list to tell me that this is a dumb/bad idea

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Someone on reddit wrote a thing which boiled down to:

- Be patient and don't rush to Fusion
- 1* and 2* cards can have skills called "Lesser..."
- If that card gets augmented (?) then the Lesser skill upgrades to the fuller version
- That augmented card provides a far greater boost to your 3*+ cards

Didn't explore it much beyond that though, so unsure about accuracy.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

kalensc posted:

Someone on reddit wrote a thing which boiled down to:

- Be patient and don't rush to Fusion
- 1* and 2* cards can have skills called "Lesser..."
- If that card gets augmented (?) then the Lesser skill upgrades to the fuller version
- That augmented card provides a far greater boost to your 3*+ cards

Didn't explore it much beyond that though, so unsure about accuracy.

I also read somewhere that if you augment a card, all future drops of that card will drop at the highest level you've augmented to, which means you could have a fairly decent supply of 3* cards for fusion or selling instead of the 1* trash.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I finished C1 and got a good ways into C2, and messed with 'hard' mode a bit. The xp you gain from a mission seems proportional to the difference between the level of the node and your deck/class level (total level of all cards in your deck). Hard mode just raises node levels across the board.

Combat gets really fun later, and while the auto battle in this is darn good, the push for high scores means you're going to want to go manual on more challenging levels, and to take advantage of more complex ability bonuses and combos. I'm sure in a few weeks we'll have decks that can auto everything on hard though :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

kalensc posted:

I'm guessing those three lightbulb "Extranger" cards I have are the ones used for augmenting, as well as the Fiery Gem cards.

So far my biggest complaint about the game is that the Back button needs to be bigger, I have the hardest time trying to tap it.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Rafza posted:

i believe so, i know the costs go up every time you do it per day? its weird

also i'm about to 4* my ifrita, has anyone put out a tier list to tell me that this is a dumb/bad idea

Well, I pulled a 4* Ifrita and it's been a star once I also pulled White Mage and had a job that synergized with it. Now, it came out max level and max skilled with all of its Extended Skills, so it might take some time for you to level her up and unlock everything, but her damage seems to be worth it.

Her 4th extended skill is also Break Damage Limit, although I haven't yet managed to hit 9999 let alone pass it. Highest so far has been a Crit Weakness hit on a broken enemy for 7700 with her.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Are people pulling 1* abilities with ability tickets or saving for the max leveled ability pulls?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So I pulled Jormungand as my free Tutorial completion card. Earth Bust AOE attack for warriors.....so is it best for me to stay as a generic Onion class until I pull/find a Job that better supports the card or what?

edit: or just unlock via the panel after getting enough Fire Orbs. Alrighty

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 4, 2016

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Friend code is 207c 3db3 7b60.

My rental card is a 4* Cait Sith. It's actually pretty decent! It's a heal spell that heals for about 800, doesn't consume an action, cures 1 status ailment, and gives you status ailment resistance for 3 turns. It consumes 2 heal orbs with a 4 turn cool down. It's been great at keeping my rogue topped off.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm guessing those three lightbulb "Extranger" cards I have are the ones used for augmenting, as well as the Fiery Gem cards.

So far my biggest complaint about the game is that the Back button needs to be bigger, I have the hardest time trying to tap it.

Augmenting is Brave Exvius's Awakening, it adds a star to your card's rank. Those lightbulbs are for enhancing your ability with those special skills underneath it, like bonus dmg during Break, random orb refund etc. Apparently you unlock those skills normally by using the ability often, so save the lightbulbs for something that's either rare or hard to unlock (like say a card with 4-6 skills on it, don't use it for the first skill but rather something towards the end).

I have a 3* Ares right now and I've seen people with a 4* Ares. It costs 1 less red orb to use, which is super useful when you have that support card that turns all orbs into red. From the looks of things the material to rank up your 3* cards to 4* (Growstar) isn't easily available except as gifts from the Mobius Box, daily gifts, and from the Item Store.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Uh, so the premium currency expires meaning you can never pull a job unless you pay? Never seen a game do that before.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tagichatn posted:

Uh, so the premium currency expires meaning you can never pull a job unless you pay? Never seen a game do that before.

You have to use a combination of tickets and magicite if you want to pull freely.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Tagichatn posted:

Not entirely; Summon Tickets can be used as well, and you can use magicite and tickets interchangably, so if you have 2000 magicite and 2 tickets you can spend that to get a job. You can't ever save up enough magicite alone to get a job, and summon tickets are fairly rare, but assuming the game has some way to get them arbitrarily (login gifts and holiday campaigns, I'd assume) then you can get everything without paying.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I didn't realize those Bronze Openers we got allow you to get a skill even if you don't have/don't want to pay the skillseed cost. I feel like there's no real reason not to use them on the skills that require like 300 skillseeds or so to open.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I didn't realize those Bronze Openers we got allow you to get a skill even if you don't have/don't want to pay the skillseed cost. I feel like there's no real reason not to use them on the skills that require like 300 skillseeds or so to open.

I'm saving mine for the third tier jobs (White Mage for me) because looking at that panel it looks like the bronze ones still work on most of the panels in there (A few require silvers) and those cost way way more than the ones before.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah this is pretty much what I'm doing. 80 skillseeds for a magic boost is just a couple quick fights, for 500 I could open up 4 or 5 other panels, so why not?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Bronze Openers go up to 5000 skillseeds so I'd be saving them for those.

White Mage panel 3, for instance, starts getting into multi-thousand skillseed panels, and a few 6000 seed ones that need Silver Openers for.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Is it possible to change your appearance, cuz, uh...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't stand my guys shoes.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Is the Valley of Trials doable as soon as you finish Chapter 1 or is it one of those wait a while things?

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

I played the tutorial this afternoon and it drained 30% of my tablet's battery and made it warm to the touch. im not sure its a good idea to continue.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I went into the Valley of Trials anyway, it didn't seem too bad until I got to the bosses. I had to use two Phoenix Downs in the Cockatrice battle, it was hitting way too hard and I wasn't getting enough heart orbs to heal. I then managed to beat the Red Dragon at the War God's Shrine without Phoenix Downs but it was pretty close. I think I'll go gain a couple more levels/skills before I try to go into the shrine itself.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The end of chapter 2 is back to back boss fights with a Lich enemy who changes elements and buffs himself. Barely managed to beat him on my first attempt every time. I was mostly relying on criticals to stagger him to delay his next action. If you're able to equip Wind you definitely want that newbie card that has a chance to stun enemies, you can max boost it for just 9 tickets total. Clutch stuns helped give me enough time to scavenge up Heal orbs.

For anyone who has beaten Chapter 2, is it the golem boss that drops Emet Stones? Trying to augment some drat Dust Soldiers for Earth Sword so I can level up my Onion Knight but he hasn't dropped anything after 3 kills.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think the Mage looks very very cool.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
This initially wasn't clear to me, but now that I understand it I thought I would share in case any other people were unclear.

The job cards you start with -- apprentice mage, neophyte ranger, and onion knight, all serve essentially as teasers for other classes, even when upgraded. Each panel of each card is essentially a sample class -- I kind of knew that, but I thought that if you had, say, pulled the White Mage job card out of the Gatcha, you'd just get a better version of that single white mage panel and could use it for a while.

Apparently, the gatcha class cards you can pull have EIGHT panels (I think this is true for all of them, but not sure) that can be unlocked, all of which are exclusively specific to that single job. I thought they were just single panel cards with reduced skillseed costs and better buffs, but I guess they're much deeper.

I'm still not 100% I want to pull a job card yet, even though I have 11 tickets, but I'm leaning more towards it now. I'm already feeling a bit of struggle with Mage now that I've hit the end of Chapter 2 -- his weak attack means breaking enemies is taking longer than I'd like and I kind of want to explore other jobs anyway, so either I pull a new one and switch over or pull White Mage which hopefully gets me over this little hump.

Now that I'm done with Chapter 2 (I still have Valley of Trials in Ch. 1 and some of the areas in Ch. 2 that unlock once you hit the teleport stone), is there a generally accepted thing you're supposed to do while you wait for Chapter 3 to come out? Has anyone determined the best grinding spots yet? Is it a good idea to level up some of the other classes I've been neglecting or is it smarter to just pull a gatcha job and devote myself to it?

Aerox fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 5, 2016

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Seems like a pretty fun game. Feels like a real FF game on my phone instead of yet another lovely copycat of Summoner's War.

Can I just go ahead and change my extremely effeminate dude to be a girl? Or is that related to job?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
gently caress Mindflayers. They're wind element, so my White Mage can't toss up resistance shields to them. They toss Aeros and Aerogas out like they're going out of style. They have the only stun I've run into in the game outside of the last boss of Chapter 2 (and his stun is only 2 actions instead of 3-4). And you can't burst them down too quickly, otherwise coming out of Break they go straight into their Charging Power > Tribulation attack which hits like a freight train (and it also dispels buffs like my ticking Heal from the White Mage's Limit Break, because why wouldn't it). So you have to massage their break meter to force them to go into Charging Power pre-Break and then burst them, all the while eating their wind spells. Heaven help you if it remembers to cast Faith on itself first before chucking spells at you.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

AegisP posted:

gently caress Mindflayers. They're wind element, so my White Mage can't toss up resistance shields to them.

Do you have access to the earth sprite that turns all orbs to earth?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

victrix posted:

Do you have access to the earth sprite that turns all orbs to earth?

are there mage spells that are earth-oriented? i mean he could slot warrior stuff i guess but he's losing out on bonuses which might not make it possible to clear

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Rafza posted:

are there mage spells that are earth-oriented? i mean he could slot warrior stuff i guess but he's losing out on bonuses which might not make it possible to clear

There aren't. You'd probably want to switch to Warrior or Rogue for Mindflayers - preferably Rogue since you get to use Wind resistance. They're definitely a bit of a pain.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I quit Brave Exvius after realizing that I would have to run my emulator pretty much non stop for 3 months to grind any of the decent stuff. So far I'm really digging this. The battle system is surprisingly deep but the card system is too complicated.

Friend code is 2094 623b 7696 for Ifrita.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Rafza posted:

The penalties aren't that bad, he can find a good 3 or 4 cost earth attack on rent and then spam the ever loving poo poo out of it. I can't remember where those sprites drop though, I've found them for several of the elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Aerox posted:

This initially wasn't clear to me, but now that I understand it I thought I would share in case any other people were unclear.

The job cards you start with -- apprentice mage, neophyte ranger, and onion knight, all serve essentially as teasers for other classes, even when upgraded. Each panel of each card is essentially a sample class -- I kind of knew that, but I thought that if you had, say, pulled the White Mage job card out of the Gatcha, you'd just get a better version of that single white mage panel and could use it for a while.

Apparently, the gatcha class cards you can pull have EIGHT panels (I think this is true for all of them, but not sure) that can be unlocked, all of which are exclusively specific to that single job. I thought they were just single panel cards with reduced skillseed costs and better buffs, but I guess they're much deeper.

I'm still not 100% I want to pull a job card yet, even though I have 11 tickets, but I'm leaning more towards it now. I'm already feeling a bit of struggle with Mage now that I've hit the end of Chapter 2 -- his weak attack means breaking enemies is taking longer than I'd like and I kind of want to explore other jobs anyway, so either I pull a new one and switch over or pull White Mage which hopefully gets me over this little hump.

Now that I'm done with Chapter 2 (I still have Valley of Trials in Ch. 1 and some of the areas in Ch. 2 that unlock once you hit the teleport stone), is there a generally accepted thing you're supposed to do while you wait for Chapter 3 to come out? Has anyone determined the best grinding spots yet? Is it a good idea to level up some of the other classes I've been neglecting or is it smarter to just pull a gatcha job and devote myself to it?

I'm gonna wait for the next set of Jobs to release before I start pulling. I think Thief, Black Mage, and Dark Knight are in the 2nd set?

• Locked thread