Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I wonder what percentage of fired coaches are fired not because they themselves are bad at the job, but because their coordinators suck and they're too loyal to them to find new ones?

He wasn't fired but Bill freaking Snyder was kind of 'convinced' to retire at one point because of that. I'd think Les Miles might fit into this category too.

Charlie Strong's biggest mistake was not getting rid of Shawn Watson after a super lovely first year.

I don't know his reasons, but a lot of the fanbase was like "Oh, well David Ash (coming off a major concussion the prior season) got hurt, and no one could have seen that coming, so you can't hold that year against Watson." And then we got whupped by Notre Dame and scored like 3 points and everyone realized Shawn Watson sucked rear end, but we'd wasted a whole offseason. Strong's last year we tried to install a new offense.

So this year our offense sucks rear end, but everyone's like, "Well a lot of the offensive line is hurt, so it's not really Tim Beck's fault ..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I honestly wish Aggy had blown us out like I expected them to, because leading most of the game and then choking it away in the most infuriating fashion possible was so much worse. I literally can't believe Muschamp bet his coaching career on Kurt Roper. Yes, we have some bad injuries on the offensive line right now and no more Deebo Samuel, but even with that, we're still better than the "game plans" this bum has drawn up.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 1, 2017

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

You either get to brag about playing Florida State or you don't, pick one.

Bama is just playing the teams scheduled. As is clemson. But talking poo poo when almost every team in the top 5 has some clunkers is really dumb. Who knew FSU was going to fall apart? Ole Miss has been a quality game the last few years and it's not Bamas fault their coach decided to buy hookers and poo poo.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!

Firing Les was a mistake and I stand by that.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV won in a pretty convincing fashion. Hopefully they can keep up the good work and not get blown out by SDSU but :shrug:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
im just laughing at acc fans suddenly being concerned with SoS now that their entire league isn't two teams every year

oh word you have to play 3 top 15 teams in a row? damnnnnnnnnnnn

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
I'd rather watch our basketball exhibition games than Norvell's Vitamin String Quartet Tribute to Ellis Johnson

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fluffdaddy posted:

Cam Cameron had to go and firing Les was the only way for that to happen. And Les seemed to forget what offense was entirely

LSU's problem was hiring the DL coach instead of, like, Jeff Brohm

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Cam Cameron had to go and firing Les was the only way for that to happen. And Les seemed to forget what offense was entirely

LSU's problem was hiring the DL coach instead of, like, Jeff Brohm

They would be second in the division with Les and Cam.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
wait excuse me hold on

*clears throat*

acc teams are actually hella overrated because they are all presumed to be good and therefore feed off each other's perceived value when in fact they are not that good, so uh clemson gets a big SoS even though LSU and A&M oh poo poo I mean NCState and Louisville are not that good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Scionix posted:

im just laughing at acc fans suddenly being concerned with SoS now that their entire league isn't two teams every year

oh word you have to play 3 top 15 teams in a row? damnnnnnnnnnnn

Considering I essentially root for the Vandy of the ACC, it's relevant and also gently caress you.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU won a game where they were outgained and outplayed.

Feels good to escape.

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.
Current season prediction: GT is gonna go 6-5, fall rear end-backward into the Coastal Championship, then lose to Wake Forest

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

He ain't wrong though. Most conferences are a circle jerk of suck and this year it looks like every p5 conference is two good teams and a bunch of bad

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fluffdaddy posted:

naaaaaaaaaah. Miss St and Troy ran right through the Tigers defense. And the QB is still a Purude transfer at the end of the day

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
A sport that has only one or two good teams while the rest are middling? :thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Considering I essentially root for the Vandy of the ACC, it's relevant and also gently caress you.

wait does wake forest have a rape coverup scandal now

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Scionix posted:

wait does wake forest have a rape coverup scandal now

They wish.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I enjoyed the win over coach boom until I remembered we’re next in line for the bama steamroller. Maybe 53-6?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia is going to lose to Florida by like 17 points and nothing matters

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Oregon's offense all died. Literally no more scholarship quarterbacks if this guy gets hurt.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
This was especially apparent towards the end of UGA/UT when Tennessee was starting fights and not even bothering to come off their blocks but holy poo poo, I think the players have completely quit on Butch. I guess he's pretty much a dead man walking.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

We're gonna need a bigger roster

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

But seriously, Oregon is now out its starting QB, RB, TE, top two WRs and #2 QB. Pac-12 After Dark fucks everyone who participates.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Fluffdaddy posted:

The last time they were second in the division was 2012. They literally never finished that high with Les and Cam.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bvlah posted:

Georgia Tech nearly pitched a shutout before giving up a TD in garbage time. I will continue refusing to believe the defense is good.

I will continue to reserve judgement on the defense until we see it against Miami. So far, we've only seen our defense in action against a crap-rear end Tennessee, an FCS team, and the two worst offenses in the conference.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I think Georgia sleepwalks through Vandy/Mizzou/SCAR/UK, beats UF/Tech close, drops to Auburn and loses a two score game to Bama in the SECCG, which hopefully puts them in a New Years Six Bowl. I'd be more than cool with that.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Pakled posted:

I will continue to reserve judgement on the defense until we see it against Miami. So far, we've only seen our defense in action against a crap-rear end Tennessee, an FCS team, and the two worst offenses in the conference.

VT, GT, and Miami are a step above the rest in the Coastal. Assuming all of us will lose a lovely game it'll likely come down to if someone can go 2-0 against the others. If we all go 1-1 I could absolutely see a 6-2 three-way tie with some weird rule-breaking fuckery.

Jordanis posted:

But seriously, Oregon is now out its starting QB, RB, TE, top two WRs and #2 QB. Pac-12 After Dark fucks everyone who participates.

I think UNC is down 11 scholarship players and a couple more walk-ons right now. I believe last week they were down their entire starting OL at one point. Some teams get bit hard. Wasn't it UT last year that lost a ton?

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 1, 2017

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I hate butch jones

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF's secondary is garbage. Missed tackles, missed assignments. LB corps is MIA. DLine gets to the QB and seems reasonably stout inside against the run, but can't set the edge and is prone to taking plays off.

This phase is still remarkably UF's strength.

Offense lacks rhythm or confidence. OL, a purported preseason strength, has been completely overmatched in each game this season. Playcalling is atrocious and poorly-designed--watching multiples screens with no leading blockers to the short side of the field will age anyone prematurely.

Malik Davis is an actual baller at RB and Perine looks pretty loving good too. Davis looks like an actual gamebreaker though.

Townsend is our MVP - raining punts from the heavens with great accuracy.

All-in-all the offense looked somewhat better against Vandy, but that is more a testament to the athletic ability of several guys than it is to any inkling of a cohesive gameplan.

I'm still chucking coal in the Fire Nuss Locomotive.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Fluffdaddy posted:

Bama is just playing the teams scheduled. As is clemson. But talking poo poo when almost every team in the top 5 has some clunkers is really dumb. Who knew FSU was going to fall apart? Ole Miss has been a quality game the last few years and it's not Bamas fault their coach decided to buy hookers and poo poo.

It....it kinda is. Alabama has become a talent black hole, and freeze was doing what it took to pull recruits from the event horizon.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yes.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

So our hopes now rest on the chubby, inbred shoulders of Georgia. The dream of a playoff that doesn't have Alabama and Ohio State is still in reach. Oklahoma did their part and Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin stand ready to do give theirs. Their road is easier, with more room for mistakes and errors. But, like Georgia may be all we have in the South.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Does Butch Jones still have a job, if so, why lmao?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Sash! posted:

So our hopes now rest on the chubby, inbred shoulders of Georgia. The dream of a playoff that doesn't have Alabama and Ohio State is still in reach. Oklahoma did their part and Michigan, Penn State, and Wisconsin stand ready to do give theirs. Their road is easier, with more room for mistakes and errors. But, like Georgia may be all we have in the South.

you are forgetting the mighty spartans, who beat a conference opponent not named rutgers

just kidding, toot toot motor city bowl train toot

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Sash! posted:

So our hopes now rest on the chubby, inbred shoulders of Georgia.

My hopes rest on Doug Nussmeier and his discombobulated, Ouija-board play calling.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Firing Les and not hiring Jeff Brohm was a mistake and I stand by that.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JT Jag posted:

lol, remember when Florida State was ranked #3, guys

:negative:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ryan Nanni has been working tirelessly to make the old UConn logo college football's own Crying Jordan. I'm into it.

https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/914315389315817472
https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/914234581557051392
https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/911775724461273088
https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/911683322807508992
https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/909245849343004672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

• Locked thread