Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Speaking of the next one, Part 30: Mortal Kombat is live and if you ask me this is my greatest video yet. It goes on for a bit long and I haven't fixed my mic problem yet but my editing and style have hit a new high! Stay tuned as Yuffie takes on the Wutai Pagoda.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I will enjoy the biggest pain in the rear end part of the game that you are not supposed to immediately do. Please try Added Effect+Poison in your weapon slot, for experimentation purposes.
I'll do some experimentation next video. I'm curious about this myself.

Miacis posted:

I would recommend checking the Turtle's Paradise bar and chatting with the people in there for goodies. Even without all the fliers.
I did as you say and completed the quest, so thanks! It'll be in the next video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012
Is the fight with Godo the only way to get Aqualung in this mod?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There were 6 Shakes. Reminded me of how the old RPGs used to stack copies of bosses on itself to get around the 8 bit HP limit and do double attacks.
Those bosses sure were interesting puzzles. Better than having it done early in the game.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 20, 2018

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
Great episode!

That buzzing is still there, unfortunately. It did get slightly better after the first "reset", though.
I went back and checked, and it started in episode 27, it just wasn't as noticeable, maybe because of the music.
Did you move your computer stuff around anytime near then? It sounds like some kind of electrical/RF interference. (Was it the microphone making the sound, btw?)

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

SilverFire posted:

Is the fight with Godo the only way to get Aqualung in this mod?
No but if I'm reading this right if you don't get it while fighting Godo you can't get it until way later.

Scalding Coffee posted:

There were 6 Shakes. Reminded me of how the old RPGs used to stack copies of bosses on itself to get around the 8 bit HP limit and do double attacks.
Those bosses sure were interesting puzzles. Better than having it done early in the game.
They were interesting puzzles! One of the reasons why I chose that Round-based editing style is because it serves well with the puzzley, trial-and-error style of boss battles.

VKing posted:

Great episode!

That buzzing is still there, unfortunately. It did get slightly better after the first "reset", though.
I went back and checked, and it started in episode 27, it just wasn't as noticeable, maybe because of the music.
Did you move your computer stuff around anytime near then? It sounds like some kind of electrical/RF interference. (Was it the microphone making the sound, btw?)
I played around with some of my OBS Studio stuff and maybe my audio-in once had a filter on that I had forgotten about. In my upcoming video I had a noise gate that seems to take away the buzzing. I'm working with a headset right now but I'm going to make my audio as best as I can get it.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Next up is Chapter 31: Back To Our Regular Programming! In this episode we collect a couple Enemy Skills and I finally get around to testing that Added Effect+Poison exploit although further experimentation might be needed. I also fixed that buzzing audio problem and it's sounding good although now I have to pay attention to new audio problems, but nothing too devastating.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
My game was probably broken. It had the typo on the back of the case, the arena reels were always one object, and the ending always hitched. It got worse as the years passed, but I know that the poison stacking worked on Godo and Lifeform Hojo. Maybe on Midgar Zolom as well. I never tested it on anyone else since then. I might have counter attack as well to make it stack, since it was consistent with the exploit.

Wear Sense and look up what those enemies are weak against. Going in blind is murder with this mod.

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
Sound is great :)

I don't know if I've said it, but I love the live/post narration thing you've got going on.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Well fellas, we are finally at Chapter 32: Temple of the Ancients. I've heard a few words about this place and I get the feeling it'll be the most challenging dungeon yet but luckily there are some shops within its corridors (a courtesy of New Threat I think, don't think those item shops were in vanilla FF7). In this video I travel to the Clock Room and fall down to face the Hydrangea, the first boss I'll be fighting in this place.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Quite a step up from Hecteyes or whatever the clock enemy was.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The corrected version of Chapter 33: Temple of the Ancients II is live! The old video is deleted.

In this video we get into a very special battle and an old friend makes a return! There are all sorts of interesting battles in this episode!

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 11, 2018

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

DoubleCakes posted:

A few seconds are cut off from the front but Chapter 33: Temple of the Ancients II is live and I'll fix those errors soon.

In this video we get into a very special battle and an old friend makes a return! There are all sorts of interesting battles in this episode!

That boss battle was an amazing moment for me. This mod really went out of it's way.

I'm unfortunately having to wait for the next patch since some things appear to be broken with some of the late game sidequests. EDIT: Never mind, the patch was released today. :v:

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 10, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The last couple of bosses have been the same with arranged mode, according to what I have been watching.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Please say we get scorp as a party member
or a summon

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Please say we get scorp as a party member
or a summon

the character select screen has enough for 9 characters. And some mod was made to make giant enemies fight eachother, which obviously this is built on. So why not?

Also, I think Hammerblow is just eject without any damage at all in vanilla.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Hammerblow was also rather useless. At least it got a damage buff in New Threat. Why can't it be like Goannai?

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
The execution of that boss fight was pretty awesome. How much HP did scorp have, anyway?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

We got Chapter 34: Temple of the Ancients III! This is a shorter episode but it closes out the Temple chapter on a high note. Just a little further and we are done with Disc 1 (although Discs mean nothing in the Steam release of Final Fantasy VII).

Also:

Here's hoping we see him again!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Maybe they will bring back Cissnei to replace Tseng.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Disc 1 comes to a close in 35: Sacrifice. This episode takes us up north to Bone Village and the Forgotten Capital. How does New Threat change the battle against Jenova∙LIFE besides switching its name to Jenova∙DECAY? Have a watch and find out!

I want to say thanks for watching this Let's Play so far! It's been very good and I have a feeling it's only going to get better!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game gives you several earth items before the boss and previous bosses were weak to earth. Better unequip it.
Considering how Sephiroth was talking to you all the other times, why was Jenova the one who called you the puppet? *wink wink Square-Enix* It does make Sephiroth sound like a traitor, since he knowingly murdered an Ancient, or it was Jenova in control.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 16, 2018

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
I'm sad you didn't use L5 Suicide on the boss.

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!

VKing posted:

I'm sad you didn't use L5 Suicide on the boss.
This, and maybe that other dialogue option right before the boss fight, so you don't miss out on a bunch of content. Unless you already had that planned... the game docs aren't too subtle about that choice.

FeyerbrandX posted:

the character select screen has enough for 9 characters. And some mod was made to make giant enemies fight eachother, which obviously this is built on. So why not?
The 9 character slots include the party leader that can't be removed. Plus, there are only 9 spots in the game files, to the point that Young Cloud and Sephiroth share a spot with Cait Sith and Vincent until they're erased. (It's pretty noticeable in this mod if you check your SP numbers earlygame.) So chances are, without some massive modification to the game, adding new characters just means swapping with existing ones.

Also I don't think Sega Chief mentioned any special mod to make the scorp fight for you. It seems he altered the AI so the two enemies target each other with some attacks, and target the team with other moves. It's still an epic fight with Birth of a God playing in the background, probably my favorite boss in this game.

Miacis fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 17, 2018

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Miacis posted:

This, and maybe that other dialogue option right before the boss fight, so you don't miss out on a bunch of content. Unless you already had that planned... the game docs aren't too subtle about that choice.

Well, this is a bummer. I had a feeling something was up but assumed that New Threat had changed in a recent update so that I would revive Aerith later. At this point I've saved over my saves at Forgotten Capital so I'm going to have to figure out how to fix saves so maybe I can go back and do it again. I do want to show this change. It wouldn't be right not to.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

DoubleCakes posted:

Well, this is a bummer. I had a feeling something was up but assumed that New Threat had changed in a recent update so that I would revive Aerith later. At this point I've saved over my saves at Forgotten Capital so I'm going to have to figure out how to fix saves so maybe I can go back and do it again. I do want to show this change. It wouldn't be right not to.

I got a save before the Forgotten Capital. I'll have to check where it is but I can send it to you. It's in Arranged Mode though.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

i'm pretty sure I saved the day!

I rewound the game progression value in my save file and went back to the Forgotten Capital and chose the option to save Aerith. From there, I've made it to Icicle Inn and nothing has screwed up yet! In fact, replaying the back half of Forgotten Capital went exactly the way I assumed (treasures were already open).

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

DoubleCakes posted:

i'm pretty sure I saved the day!

Thank god. Because I really didn't want to have to explain my naming conventions. :shepface:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Thank god. Because I really didn't want to have to explain my naming conventions. :shepface:

Well now you have to

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well now you have to

Fell into that one. :negative: So I've played FFVII a lot and I get tired of seeing the same names after a while. One time I named Aeris "Dead" so every introduction would go "And I'm Dead!" or Cloud saying "Dead's... dead." :v: This time I settled for naming them after their weapons.

Buster = Cloud (for the Buster Sword)
Gatt = Barret (for the Gatling Gun)
Knuckles = Tifa
Staff = Aeris
Hairpin = Red XII (what is his weapon exactly?)
Shuriken = Yuffie (was originally going to be Pinwheel but didn't want two Pins and ended up missing out on a good duo)
Megaphone = Cait Sith
Colt = Vincent
Lance = Cid

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
Ah, so the Before Crisis naming convention? :v:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Today's the day we start Disc 2 and if you're worried that I missed out on some content last episode, watch Part 36: AerithˇALIVE (AKA, To the North) where the first couple minutes of the video explain how I remedy the situation. After fixing my mistake, we move on into the backside of the Forgotten Capital and across the snowy fields of the Northern Continent.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Aerith is going to be a beast with the better Limits.

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
Man, that L5 death trap is such a dick move :v:
I should have expected something like that from this mod.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The L1 Suicide is a dick move, since it shouldn't even work on anyone. That is FFT Calculator poo poo right there.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Episode 37: Someplace Cold is live! It's where we tackle the Great Glacier and obtain its wondrous treasures.

Again, I'm really happy that this Great Glacier part turned out to be not so tough after all.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Yeah, the difficulty seems to drop a bit for a while. At least the drop in difficulty is a lot more noticeable in Arrange Mode.

But gently caress this endgame. :smithicide:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Coming up next is Chapter 38: Someplace Colder in which we tackle the first half of Gaea's Cliff. I wasn't sure how long Gaea's Cliff was gonna be so I split the dungeon in half and released this first part. What I'm noticing about FF7's difficulty is that every dungeon is new again to me. Even Gaea's Cliff, which is a pretty forgettable dungeon in vanilla FF7, is a trial like any other. It reminds of when I was younger and games in general were a lot more intimidating.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Yeah, the difficulty seems to drop a bit for a while. At least the drop in difficulty is a lot more noticeable in Arrange Mode.

But gently caress this endgame. :smithicide:

The difficulty is definitely curving out a bit. We'll see if Normal Mode is relatively hard as Arrange Mode when I get to the endgame.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What does Yuffie have that gives her both barriers?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Coming up next is the second half of Gaea's Cliff, it's Episode 39: Someplace Colder II. I was expecting this episode to be a lot shorter, but Gaea's Cliff was backloaded.

Scalding Coffee posted:

What does Yuffie have that gives her both barriers?

The Protect Ring, it gives her Auto-Wall (auto-Barrier, MBarrier)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They are giving you a lot of AP for these battles.