Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Grown man with cigar staring down at a 32 inch CRT in a dimly lit rim with floral print wallpaper]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

my wife just got me a snes classic and despite having one as a child I missed a lot of games because I was too poor so this will be fun. Looking forward to co op secret of mana

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
cant wait to get a gamer wife this impmas

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Just held a dualshock 4 for the first and possubly last time in my life. Comfy

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

picture of my Christmas the year N64 came out

idk how you got your childhood christmas picture taken at a crime scene from LA Noire but good on you

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

merry Christmas everyone :)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Merry Christmas princesses and plumbers.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

that tableau is wild

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

N64

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Last year I spent two months looking for an NES Classic through stores all over town, until I finally found one in mid-January, because I promised my brother I’d get him one. This year he got me a SNES Classic even though I didn’t ask him for anything specific! Merry Christmas, Imp Zone!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Zas posted:

that tableau is wild

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i spent so much time touching and admiring my christmas PS2 & dualshock. my child mind could barely handle the win

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I remember waking up to finding an n64 underneath the tree one year, I think I played diddy Kong racing for the entire Christmas. My mom also got me the bitchin lefty n64 controller.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Merry Christmas Imps. May your gaming be merry and bright

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Got an snes classic which is v exciting. Looking forward to playing some games I missed from that era. Hope stuff like earthbound and ff6 hold up

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

only. video game related thing I got this year was a 20 dollar steam gift card

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

Got an snes classic which is v exciting. Looking forward to playing some games I missed from that era. Hope stuff like earthbound and ff6 hold up
They do. Earthbound is slow, but still charming, and FF6 is still one of the best JRPGs of all time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They’re both excellent. I didn’t get anything gaming-related this year, I just buy stuff more myself all the time so I didn’t really need anything lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FF6 is the kind of game you should try if you’ve ever played and enjoyed an RPG, it’s really that good

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the best xmas was a gold cart ocarina of time and xenogears

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the year that i bought a virtul boy and some games with $30 of my christmas money was also pretty sick

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
My parents demand I make a list every year because they struggle to buy for me. generally the idea is I make a big list of games and they pick a few off it so I still get a thing I want but there's the element of surprise

Games are pricey as poo poo so I made a mixed list of cheap, expensive, old, new. They went for cheap options naturally so star fox zero here I come!!!!!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Star fox zero is pretty fun when playing co op.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

We were extremely poor when I was around 13 but my dads childhood friend owned a few pawn shops and somehow my dad managed to work out a trade with him, and I woke up to a psx with tekken and Riiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaaaaacer

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i’m playing ff6 for the first time ever and can confirm it is absolutely fantastic

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

rediscover posted:

i’m playing ff6 for the first time ever and can confirm it is absolutely fantastic

Yeah I am really enjoying it so far. The music is really amazing for an snes game.

My wife has been kinda hogging the system she bought me to play dkc.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
legit jealous of people who never played FF6 before

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

When I was 11 I really wanted a n64 and opened the biggest present under the tree and it was just a vcr. The vcr my brother and I shared was broken so it made sense, but still sucked. Then later I opened the box to set it up and inside was a n64 with goldeneye, diddy kong racing, and starfox. It was a powerful Christmas.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

Definitely on of the best. Play 9 too it you haven’t

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
We got a PS1, multitap and Crash Team Racing. Best Christmas ever.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Definitely on of the best. Play 9 too it you haven’t

9 was my first FF. i never finished it but i loved it. i should go back and replay it when i'm done with FF6 bc i'm on a JRPG tip and i want to play 9 as a grown man instead of being 12.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tender Bender posted:

When I was 11 I really wanted a n64 and opened the biggest present under the tree and it was just a vcr. The vcr my brother and I shared was broken so it made sense, but still sucked. Then later I opened the box to set it up and inside was a n64 with goldeneye, diddy kong racing, and starfox. It was a powerful Christmas.

it's gotta be super satisfying to pull off a parenting stunt like that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

9 was my first FF. i never finished it but i loved it. i should go back and replay it when i'm done with FF6 bc i'm on a JRPG tip and i want to play 9 as a grown man instead of being 12.

9 is still one of the best

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

it's gotta be super satisfying to pull off a parenting stunt like that

It's my dad's favorite story, especially the part where I did some really bad fake excited reactions to the vcr box.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i think i was like 14-15 when the wii came out so i already knew about santa and my mom convinced me she was trying to get a wii for me for christmas and couldnt find one to the point where she even let my friends in on it and they didnt crack and tell me until i woke up on christmas to a wii lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Gigante posted:

9 is still one of the best

How is 5?

I absolutely adore 6, I thought 4 and 7 were OK, and never played any other ones

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

How is 5?

I absolutely adore 6, I thought 4 and 7 were OK, and never played any other ones

It's awesome, it has the job system and it's really fun to break the game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

How is 5?

5 is actually my favorite out of all of them, which is not a popular opinion i think. the job system is just too drat good. The story is decent, not as good as some of the other FFs, but there are still some awesome moments in it. It's mostly carried by the insanely win Job system. Play it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
OK next time I play a game it will be that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

5 is actually my favorite out of all of them, which is not a popular opinion i think. the job system is just too drat good. The story is decent, not as good as some of the other FFs, but there are still some awesome moments in it. It's mostly carried by the insanely win Job system. Play it
It's a definite fan favorite. The system has enough depth to give it replayability. One of those games that got more popular over time.

• Locked thread