Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

This is why wins are an overrated stat a lot of the time. Someone won but nobody deserves credit for a win. But they'll take it. And coaches who should be fired will stay. Just like the Titans only won because Kelce got hurt but now the coach gets a "playoff win"

lets ignore all the possessions in between 14 point scored and kelce getting koed and the chiefs defense not being able to stop the titans in the 2nd half but totally thats the only reason they won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the Bills goal line play-calling was so loving bad and a big reason for the loss imo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DUVALLLLLLLLLLLLL

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I fully expect the Bills to trade the 21st and 22nd pick in the draft to move up and take a QB. I hope Tyrod goes somewhere where he's appreciated.

The Bills are the only team to give Tyrod a starting QB job. We put him in a position to win a playoff game...I mean I love Tyrod but we scored like 3 points bro.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Tyrod Taylor is garbage. But an ok backup.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I could see the Bills trying to land one of the vets.

Like, would anyone be shocked if they ended up with Alex Smith or Bridgewater / Bradford next year?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rick Dennison is the primary cause of the Bills' offensive struggles.

He'd waste Smith just as he did Black Smith

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

pasaluki posted:

The Bills are the only team to give Tyrod a starting QB job. We put him in a position to win a playoff game...I mean I love Tyrod but we scored like 3 points bro.

Against the best defense in the league. Tyrod wasn't good today but that's as much on the play calling as it is on him. If the Bills don't gently caress up at the end of the first half they're up 7-0 going into the second.

After watching J.P Lossman and E.J Manuel and the like, seeing an actually competent QB these last 3 years made me appreciate him even more.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

I could see the Bills trying to land one of the vets.

Like, would anyone be shocked if they ended up with Alex Smith or Bridgewater / Bradford next year?

Alex Smith would be really great on the Bills I think, especially with that defense.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Metapod posted:

lets ignore all the possessions in between 14 point scored and kelce getting koed and the chiefs defense not being able to stop the titans in the 2nd half but totally thats the only reason they won

Yeah it's super disingenuous to say the only reason the Chiefs lost was because Kelce got knocked out.

That defense was just flat out bad when the Titans started feeding Henry the ball more in the second half.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Against the best defense in the league. Tyrod wasn't good today but that's as much on the play calling as it is on him. If the Bills don't gently caress up at the end of the first half they're up 7-0 going into the second.

After watching J.P Lossman and E.J Manuel and the like, seeing an actually competent QB these last 3 years made me appreciate him even more.

Tyrod was pretty good in the first quarter. Then he seemed to completely lose confidence and start sailing everything after that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I’m dying

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Jags sure seemed to like hitting Tyrod in the head...

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

The Jags sure seemed to like hitting Tyrod in the head...

I mean, when it only gets called once

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Rick Dennison is the primary cause of the Bills' offensive struggles.

He'd waste Smith just as he did Black Smith
Let's not forget the role of the offensive line and receivers played either. I certainly think we can do better than Tyrod, but I definitely don't trust the team to pull it off. And if the FO and coaching staff are going to take the tack that Tyrod's the ONLY issue(which they seemed to be trying when they benched him for Peterman), then we're straight hosed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

3 points in the fourth quarter over the last 7 games. #justricothings

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
It'll be interesting to see if the Jags trash-talking and head-shotting attitude get more official attention against the Steelers, if it costs them more yards and first downs than it is worth, and if they can get disciplined if need be.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Bills weren't a very good team and were exactly the kind of team the Jags feast on. Bortles is just... really bad

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Falcons fans how has Dontari Poe been for you this season? I just remembered he ended up there.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Doctor Teeth posted:

Falcons fans how has Dontari Poe been for you this season? I just remembered he ended up there.

up and down, bad back.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Just like Christopher Reeves on a horse then

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Wait what is this noise about Belichick leaving New England? God drat it if we miss a chance to get him because of The Dunce...

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kawalimus posted:

Wait what is this noise about Belichick leaving New England? God drat it if we miss a chance to get him because of The Dunce...

1) It's complete and total bullshit.

2) Supposedly, Tom Brady appealed directly to Robert Kraft to trade away Jimmy G. The rumor is that Belichick is mad about this and might demand a release to go coach the Giants, since it fucks up his Grandmaster succession plan.

3) It's complete and total bullshit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
And even if it wasn't bullshit, there's absolutely zero chance he'd ever end up as coach for the ravens.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvaaaaaaaaaal County

:nws: https://twitter.com/WristButt/status/950124778911870976 :nws:

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 7, 2018

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

LabyaMynora posted:

1) It's complete and total bullshit.

2) Supposedly, Tom Brady appealed directly to Robert Kraft to trade away Jimmy G. The rumor is that Belichick is mad about this and might demand a release to go coach the Giants, since it fucks up his Grandmaster succession plan.

3) It's complete and total bullshit.

I figured it might be. Thanks.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

warcrimes posted:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvaaaaaaaaaal County

:nws: https://twitter.com/WristButt/status/950124778911870976 :nws:

plz dont doxx me

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
That CHAMPION is neither a)wearing a jaguars jersey, or b) having their rear end eat or c) drinking beer out of a butt

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Trivia question: besides the Jaguars today, which Florida team was the last one to win a game the playoffs?

Answer: it was the Jaguars in 2007, lol

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 8, 2018

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Miami made the playoffs in '08 because Brady missed the season :ssh:

...Man I didn't know it was that rough for Florida-based teams lol.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

JT Jag posted:

Trivia question: besides the Jaguars today, which Florida team was the last one to make the playoffs?

WRONG.

e;fb

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I asked the wrong question.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

JT Jag posted:

Trivia question: besides the Jaguars today, which Florida team was the last one to win a game the playoffs?

The Dolphins made the playoffs last year though?

EDIT: You'd probably be right if it was "won a playoff game" but I don't know for sure.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
He changed the question, because like all Jags fans, needs a couple tries at writing a complete sentence.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

swickles posted:

He changed the question, because like all Jags fans, needs a couple tries at writing a complete sentence.
this is fair

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I'm not so sure about characterizing the game as a "win" for the Jaguars. It was more a loss for the Bills and a win for Romo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

I'm not so sure about characterizing the game as a "win" for the Jaguars. It was more a loss for the Bills and a win for Romo.
A win is a win in the playoffs, I'll take a 2-0 win tbh

I'm sure Buffalo fans would take a 10-3 win right about now

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Durandal1707 posted:

Yeah it's super disingenuous to say the only reason the Chiefs lost was because Kelce got knocked out.

That defense was just flat out bad when the Titans started feeding Henry the ball more in the second half.

I rewatched all of Henry's carries this morning (I know) and he was gashing them for 8-9 yards a carry in the first half too, titans just couldn't stop tripping over their dicks to build momentum

They were vulnerable to that kind of asskicking from the start, their offense was really clicking for a bit though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvFjlxnq6qs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

(I know)

Heh.

But yeah, there's a reason the Chiefs were ranked 25th against the run (dead last at 32 by DVOA). Whether that reason is totally personnel or because Bob Sutton is a goddamned idiot I'm not totally sure, but I definitely lean toward firing Sutton no matter what. So many formations inherently weak against the run against the team in the league most likely to figure out "oh, we want to run and we can?"

That's not to say personnel isn't a problem of course. It's just a combination of bad player fit and asking those players to do things they absolutely cannot.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Chiefs have the same problem against the run the Chargers had when Pagano was their DC: they're built for defending the pass and so they run a lot of sets in nickle and dime where they only have like 2 down linemen. This isn't much of a problem if your LBs can set the edge and your d-linemen can actually hold their ground, but neither of those things are the case for the Chiefs. It doesn't help that their ILBs aren't very good and end up getting washed out. So a physical, ground-heavy offense can basically bully and push around the Chiefs on defense, which is the Titans' bread and butter. It's the biggest reason why the Steelers always beat them as well.

Basically, like the Chargers and Raiders, they desperately need more than just bodies in the middle of their defense. Sutton has sucked for a couple of years now but the Chiefs do have legit talent issues on D that extend beyond who's coaching.

• Locked thread