Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Tomra now has a king who is literally Santa Claus.

No, seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
why tho

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Tomra's a good place to add new content, because it's just kind of...there in the original game. There's zero reason to ever visit it.

Dwarf Santa is not the direction I would have gone in though.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...why. :psyduck:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Final Fantasy IV: Unpresented Christmas

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I beat the hack. It was pretty difficult at the end but I enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty neat, though some stuff was kinda meh. I did like the fresh take on some of the old boss battles, though some of the new ones were hit and miss. Even as someone who's not a fan of the original I recommend people give this a shot.

Thanks Mega64 for LPing this; I would never have learned about this hack otherwise.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I beat the hack. It was pretty difficult at the end but I enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty neat, though some stuff was kinda meh. I did like the fresh take on some of the old boss battles, though some of the new ones were hit and miss. Even as someone who's not a fan of the original I recommend people give this a shot.

Thanks Mega64 for LPing this; I would never have learned about this hack otherwise.

I'm glad my LP got you to try it out!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hail santos

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

It's a lot more plentiful underground and everyone knows elves and dwarves don't get along so he doesn't have a workshop grinding out toys for him.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Why not.

Not like Santa hasn't appeared in Square games before.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Chapter 5 - Ho-ho-ho!

Oh my goodness, we're in the Underworld!

Are you crazy!? Get out of here before someone sees you!

If you try to enter the Tower of Bab-il from the bottom, Kain calls you a moron and tells you to crawl away. What a fool.

Instead Cecil and company are going to moonwalk the original Bab-il march back to the dwarves.

The Definitive Final Fantasy IV Experience.

These boost your Max HP, I'm going to guess. I don't know how much since my intent is to hoard them and never use them due to my extensive experience in playing jRPGs and knowing I might need them later, like after I'm dead.

Good?

Those Angel Wings we heard about in Agart are on sale here, though they're pretty drat expensive considering they only work one floor at a time and, as I'll find out later, only work in battle. Not worth buying them honestly, at least this early on. Stock up on Hi-Potions like mad, though.

If anything the dwarves are even more chill in this version. We haven't even talked to Giott yet and the dwarves are all, "Go ahead, take all our poo poo, we don't give a gently caress, Lali-Ho!"

Yeah I love the dwarves in this game.

Don't forget Rosa's white magic is all about de/buffs, not curing crap, so in this version Rosa definitely wants the light armor that buffs Strength and Vitality over that stupid mage crap.

If you guessed Cid is going to ditch us here like he did in the original, then I am personally congratulating you on your brilliant insight. Seriously, good job with your brain power here! Unfortunately that means this piece of poo poo is worthless for our future party.

This glitchy piece of poo poo is gauntlets, or heavy gloves that apply to only Cecil, Cid, and Kain, and I literally just spoiled Cid's ditching us in a few minutes. Guess what, the Power Gauntlets boost Power! +5 Strength, I may be a bit dickish here but I ain't complainin' about more drat Strength! Plus it blocks a whole bunch of random status effects that would be bad for physical characters, so trust me, I'm definitely not complaining about getting these!

We can't access the secret room with the drunken dwarf dancer and the developers anymore. I am truly sorry, but not really because screw those guys (except the drunken dwarf dancer, that guy rules).

Nothing really new here, but right now this is our only source for this stuff, so...

Oh, hey, actual new stuff here! The Sleep Sword is stronger than Cecil's current weaponry and, spoilers, it'll inflict Sleep, so why not splurge on it? The Posion Rod inflicts, uhhhhhh, Poison (which isn't actually Poison, thanks to Dr Pepper, but damage that inflicts Sap), while the Aura Staff casts Shell (which I'll eventually have access to in the next dungeon anyway so let's save 2000GP I guess). Also we can buy a Flame Spear for loving nobody, and Fire Arrows if we somehow meet something weak to Fire.

Also I should mention that the basic Wooden Arrows boost Rosa's attack by 10. No other arrow boosts attack besides the end-game Yoichi Arrows (or Samurai for you FF2 purists), but the other arrows add elemental attacks to make up for it (they are Fire, Ice, Bolt, Dark, and Holy. Dark inflict Blind as well, but otherwise the elementals literally do as they say and I'll trust your intelligence for once).

With all that nonsense done let's talk to King Giott.

Pleasedd to meet you, Cecil. I am Giott, King of the dwarves.
I come to warn you of an imminent threat. A man named Golbez is after the crystals.
Fear not, we dwarves are mighty warriors! Our soldiers and tanks will protect our Bolt crystal!
I don't doubt your soldiers' abilities, but they can't be everywhere at once... we must protect the other crystals too.
It wouldn't hurt to have more help! You and your friends investigate the other crystals and keep them from Golbez.
Where exactly are the other crystals?

We can actually do these in any order from appearances, but of course the enemies within kinda dictate the order for us. The Ice Crystal in particular will be our first destination.

How can we get to these places?
The tanks can't go over the magma, but we did find a flying ship that crashed nearby... If you can make it work, it's yours!

Cid's a badass when it comes to airships so that garbage dreck is as good as ours.

They may be useful to you in your quest.

who the gently caress wants kids following them around with their snot and stuff

Actually nevermind these motherfuckers are pretty god drat cool.

Forgive my brother and his arrogance. My name is Porom. Pleased to meet you, sir.

Yes. My brother and I were aboard a ship on its way to Baron on a diplomatic mission when a giant sea monster attacked us!
Then my bungling sister miscast a Warp spell...

I love Cecil's thinking here. "If I take these brats along with me, maybe the town whose people I ruthlessly murdered to steal their most precious treasure will forgive me!"

I mainly love it because I finally have a person who can do a full-party heal for more than 30HP a person.

Obligatory "Cid fixes an airship" montage, except this time with bonus child labor.

Those tanks could use an upgrade as well... I think I'm gonna stay here and help out.
I'm sure the dwarves will appreciate the help.
Take care!
Wait, we haven't named the airship!

Eh, I can appreciate doing something different from the "Falcon" here. Though I've only ever seen the pilot...

We got a freaking airship!

Palom and Porom start off with some really basic gear. The weaponry is no big deal since you'll have plenty of extra rods and staves, plus buyable ones if you need them (though I do miss the Healing Staff Rydia took with her to the grave), but armor is another thing considering how expensive it'll be to deck the twins out.

But enough about that, let's explore!

This is pretty much the same.

So are the Sylph Cave and Summoned Monsters Cave, though what was the Sealed Cave is completely new, thank God. Anyway let's go to the only other place that won't actively try to kill us, Tomra.

TAKE A WILD loving GUESS WHAT THIS IS A REFERENCE TO

Also note how dwarves extract the water needed to survive in such a magma-filled place.

Actually don't, the king of backwater hicksville dwarf town Tomra is loving Santa Claus.

I don't know this for certain of course, but I'm going to guess the Levistone is in the ice dungeon, perhaps after we beat the boss. Obviously I could be wrong here, though.

First off, I need to point out that Porom can equip Hammers. There's actually a reason to do this beyond her physical attacks. Otherwise, the Sledge is merely a direct upgrade from the Mythril Hammer, likewise the Killer Bow from the Great Bow, and who cares about the Blizzard Spear.

The Kotetsu is a small upgrade over the Ashura katana, but the Kotetsu is also Dark-elemental as opposed to the Ashura's Holy elemental, and considering the amount of undead in the next dungeon it's better to hold off on these.

The Diamond Rings resist Lightning attacks and give decent boosts to Physical Defense and Magical Evasion. I end up splurging my money for two for the twins. Otherwise, Ice Armor resists Ice (shocking), and the Opal Shield resists Lightning and attacks from Mages. Nothing exciting here.

Anyway I love the dwarves because they're more than happy to let you loot their poo poo.

Also I loot the Big Chocobo to sell crap since now I know what I should and shouldn't keep. This gives me just enough money to get the twins outfitted enough to not die as easily.

For a quick test, I trek into the Sylph Cave to see how it goes.

It goes poorly, the enemies here way outclass my current party.

So I just loot the first floor of its two underwhelming treasures and check right out.

This was the site of the Sealed Cave in the original game, but thankfully it's much different now. It's also where we're supposed to go, so there I go.

Aesthetically, it's not that interesting and pretty linear. I mean, it's a completely unique dungeon so I can see it not being as strong as dungeons designed by the actual game designers. Still, I'll forgive it because it doesn't actively piss me off. It's functional, I'm happy enough with that.

Screamers aren't too exciting other than being able to inflict Charm with their physical attacks.

The second floor is one massive rectangle. Simply travel to the opposite corner, nothing interesting here.

Mind Flayers can cast Blaster to stun (or possibly instant kill, though I never saw that) a character. Otherwise they're easy EXP.

The Wizard seems to have a set pattern similar to the Dark Elf boss from the original.

First, the Fire2/Bolt2/Ice2 trifecta.

Then a casting of Death which never lands.

Then Bio, which obviously sucks.

Then finally Slow before starting the pattern all over again.

Also, holy crap, actual healing, it's so nice to have that for once.

The pattern isn't that bad, so the Wizard goes down quickly enough to grant a new Dark Sword. It's Cecil's strongest sword yet, with a nice ten point Wisdom bonus, and can inflict Charm as a status. Solid upgrade!

Also free Ice Armor, hell yeah.

See that odd-looking square?

Yeah, we're not entering that space so easily.

At this point, loads of undead may show up in battles. Edge makes short work of them.

This is also the only floor in this dungeon that has damage floor spaces.

...which makes me really wish I healed up first before opening this chest, the only one on this floor with monsters within.

The Frost Dragon isn't that bad otherwise, just semi-nasty physicals and a decently strong Blizzard attack.

I probably should have healed but oh well. It's not that long a trek back, at least.

Also letz me encounter more annoying enemies! The Crawlers counter physicals with multi-target Slow, oh joy!

They also can steal MP but it's pathetically small amounts so who cares.

I did get a free Angel Wings drop, at least.

Also more loving bats.

Anyway Edge's Fire2 and Cecil's Chaos Sword make short work of the Ice Dragon here.

The Icebrand is the best regular sword in the game, and surprisingly it's ice-elemental. It's still a few points weaker thean the Chaos Blade, but it'll do against fire enemies.

Literally swimming in these drat things. Keep in mind of our current party, only Cecil can wear these.

These chests all contain money. Between these and the rather generous enemies here, our money problems quickly go away, hooray.

Palom and Porom both pick up some nifty new spells.

And soon after so does Edge.

The next floor gives a free Opal Shield.

There's two exits on this floor. This one leads back to the OverUnderworld, which isn't bad since we can save and not lose our treasures and heal/restock before the inevitable boss battle.

Final Dungeon Dive. I use the Angel Wings in-battle since you can't actually use them out-of-battle.

The other exit is this pit...

...and that leads us to our ultimate destination.

And look at that, it's King Santos!

This is pretty old hat at this point so...

Cagnazzo pallete-swap! This guy's pretty similar, except Ice elemental. He follow a pretty rigid script.

First, a couple rounds of Ice3 spam. This will instantly kill whoever it hits at this stage of the game.

Anyway the Ice Fiend is weak against Fire.

After a couple rounds, Alichino will put up an ice wall and then add Reflect. So good luck nullifying it, if even possible.

After that, he'll release a powerful Blizzard attack.

Then finally Chakra to restore HP before restoring the pattern again.

Of course, the key here is Chakra restores (Current HP/2) HP, so the further you reduce his HP, the less it heals.

My strategy was to Haste and Berserk Edge. He'd end up doing ~1k HP an attack, and of course he's pretty fast. Rosa would buff a bit, Porom would heal, and Cecil and Palom pretty much threw items.

Eventually, I got him to where Chakra didn't heal enough to be relevant.

Focus boosts Palom's Wisdom stat. Bonk! requires a Hammer and pretty much cures any battle status like Berserk and Sleep.

Twin...isn't as impressive here, though this might have been a bad spot to try it. Not like they had anything else to do, though!

Eventually, Berserk Edge got the job done.

And so we get our first new crystal we'll probably give up to Golbez due to incompetence.

Then the twins go off screen for a bit and make random noises until...

The real King Santos is free! Good, I guess...?

One crystal down!

Next time, more crystals to go, I guess.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 28, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cecil and pals saved Christmas!

Also, Red Dwarf is a terrible name for the ship. You're surrounded by lava so it's not cold outside, there's an atmosphere, you're not alone...

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Not!Cagnazzo didn't even beat around the bush, he just came straight out and announced he was up to no good. In the original version, Cagnazzo had a laugh jerking Cecil around and in this one, didn't even try to put on a facade when he was told off, but this guy on the other hand gets straight to the point. I'm surprised he didn't flat out kill King Santa, although being trapped in a block of ice would have killed most people. Those twins must have some magic on them.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 28, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I can't wait to see the palette swaps and manga references for the rest of the fiends.

Edit: Apparently Alichino is another demon from the Divine Comedy as well as being a manga. So at least it's sticking with the theme so far.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I really hope we get Twobicante.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Something minor: while looking at the Dwarf Castle loot/stores, you mention Porom learning a spell, before the twins joined your party.

Also, Palom has Esuna as a free ability, but only if she's using a hammer? :psyduck: What an odd trait.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Something minor: while looking at the Dwarf Castle loot/stores, you mention Porom learning a spell, before the twins joined your party.

Also, Palom has Esuna as a free ability, but only if she's using a hammer? :psyduck: What an odd trait.

Thanks for that! Edited it to be slightly more vague.

As for Bonk!, I think it's more focused on in-battle stuff like Charm and Sleep. Here's the description from the tutorial center.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

I really hope we get Twobicante.

We have down here Ice, Shadow, Holy, and Bolt. Presumably Scarmiglione (or rather, his bizzaro underworld version) is Shadow and Barbariccia is Bolt, which leaves Rubicante for Holy, which is mentioned as being a shrine to Bahamut. So maybe nega-Rubicante will use Megaflare!

(Ooh, or even better, he teams up with his Overworld version and they twincast it!)

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
The mapping of that dungeon and the palette swap, yuck! The new abilities and magic lists seem pretty fun if only because they break away from the healbot archetype (but then again, Porom seems unchanged?).

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Skanker posted:

The mapping of that dungeon and the palette swap, yuck! The new abilities and magic lists seem pretty fun if only because they break away from the healbot archetype (but then again, Porom seems unchanged?).

Porom's Cure2 really isn't as helpful as you'd think considering how hard enemies hit at this point, while Cure2 only heals ~150HP party-wide. You'll still want plenty of HiPotions, it's just Porom can do a party-heal and spend MP in place of items for some stuff. Plus she can de/buff if you need Rosa to attack (which she isn't that bad at, especially for flying enemies).

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I don't mind the palette swaps so much, but this version shows me just how well placed some of the enemies were in the original's battle backgrounds. Maybe it's just that they take up the whole screen and make it look that much worse, but the grey castle background looks a hell of a lot duller and dare I say it, more pixelated for lack of a better word, when big imposing enemies like Golbez and Rubicante are set on it as opposed to small enemies like Cagnazzo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The dungeon itself is very basic and unimpressive, but as I said, I'll certainly take that considering just how much worse these dungeons could be.

It's not a teleport dungeon or some ridiculous maze with a bunch of ludicrous bullshit. It's simply linear with very little branching, not going to win any awards but I don't actively hate it either, and honestly for a ROM hack that's as big an endorsement as you'll likely get.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Twin is always lackluster. It does fixed damage in Advance which makes it useless at the endgame, and Double Meteor is garbage

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

You would think you would use the Dark Elf sprite for the new fiend, given that he already looks pretty icy and belongs on this background.

Still holding out hope that the Bolt Fiend is just a big ol' Frankenstein. It tracks! Both in the lightning sense and in the bolt pun sense!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

This is going to be fun because I think the next update will be the farthest I've gone in this hack, so everything will be news to me.

I remember a Rubicante palette-swap so surely there's two more for Scarmiglione and Barbariccia, also what does it say about me that I actually memorize the spelling of those motherfuckers (other than I'm incredibly drunk which, uh, I am).

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
That bit where you have to drop down a hole in a tiny room next to some chests reminds me of the ice dungeon from FF1. Wonder if the rest of the dungeon might also be similar.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Mega64 posted:

It's not a teleport dungeon or some ridiculous maze with a bunch of ludicrous bullshit.

Pinkpuff has done some of these in the FF1 hack! That version (Final Fantasy -1) is the only way I'll play FF1 these days as it's overall much improved over the original, but some of those dungeons... (Dark cave where you can't see the walls, including a hook-shaped passageway to confuse you! I think that got toned down some at least). Seriously, do check that one out.

This was around as far as I played Unprecedented Crisis, I think I just don't have the patience for JRPGs anymore.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

We have down here Ice, Shadow, Holy, and Bolt. Presumably Scarmiglione (or rather, his bizzaro underworld version) is Shadow and Barbariccia is Bolt, which leaves Rubicante for Holy, which is mentioned as being a shrine to Bahamut. So maybe nega-Rubicante will use Megaflare!

(Ooh, or even better, he teams up with his Overworld version and they twincast it!)

"I have learned the power of working as a team!"
Or whatever the quote from the four fiends fight in the original was.

rchandra posted:

Pinkpuff has done some of these in the FF1 hack! That version (Final Fantasy -1) is the only way I'll play FF1 these days as it's overall much improved over the original, but some of those dungeons... (Dark cave where you can't see the walls, including a hook-shaped passageway to confuse you! I think that got toned down some at least). Seriously, do check that one out.

This was around as far as I played Unprecedented Crisis, I think I just don't have the patience for JRPGs anymore.

I'm not a romhack player, but it seems like some of these people need to learn that frustration that relies on replaying a section repeatedly until you get it right is not good difficulty.

Kaizo platformer hacks excepted, if only because I think that's the purpose of the entire genre. Needing to run a perfect path through a maze or run out of items though? Nope.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

More garbage-tier writing from this hack, impressive. Adding four more Fiends is cool and all, but you don't get to completely repeat a plot point then act smug about pointing it out (and Cecil's dialogue here was :smug: as hell - which is also horribly OOC but that's nothing new here). That isn't clever.

Also the hacker really liked damage races, huh? Another boss with the exact same gimmick... then again, the previous one was Cagnazzo, so at least you can see it coming here since this is just a recolour.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

Kaizo platformer hacks excepted, if only because I think that's the purpose of the entire genre.

The good ones, like the first Kaizo Mario World, are equal parts puzzle in how you even get through the garbage, precision challenge, and pushing the engine to its limitation. Some people think it's all about surprise invisible blocks.

But there's none of that here, just some wacky platforming during an auto-scroller, while holding on to the baby yoshi and and making sure he eats everything he can.

They're ridiculously loving hard, and indeed frustrating, but, like, you can get good at them. There are people who can speed-run them, and it's not all just knowing when an invisible block will dump you into a pit if you don't jump correctly.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

They're ridiculously loving hard, and indeed frustrating, but, like, you can get good at them. There are people who can speed-run them, and it's not all just knowing when an invisible block will dump you into a pit if you don't jump correctly.

I'm gonna just link this speedrun of Super Dram World from AGDQ as support for Orange Fluffy Sheep's statements.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

ZiegeDame posted:

That bit where you have to drop down a hole in a tiny room next to some chests reminds me of the ice dungeon from FF1. Wonder if the rest of the dungeon might also be similar.

I was looking at the screenshots, and, yeah, the structure of this dungeon seemed "inspired" by(read: ripped off/copied as close as possible) the ice dungeon from FF1. The shapes of the rooms, the repeated dropping through the floor, the treasure chest placements, the treasures and the monsters in them, those were all straight out of FF1's ice dungeon. The only new thing was the shrine with the cagnazzo palette swap guarding a crystal instead of a giant eyeball guarding the FLOATER Levistone.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

My knowledge of FF1 is terrible so tomorrow I’ll have to look up the dungeon design for that and compare it to this one. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the same since the Levistone or whatever is implied to be here.

e: The first couple floors are basically identical, the rest are pretty different but otherwise it is a pretty blatant reference to FF1’s dungeon. Maybe I’ll get better screenshots tomorrow afternoon.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 29, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It's at least remarkably similar.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The good ones, like the first Kaizo Mario World, are equal parts puzzle in how you even get through the garbage, precision challenge, and pushing the engine to its limitation. Some people think it's all about surprise invisible blocks.

But there's none of that here, just some wacky platforming during an auto-scroller, while holding on to the baby yoshi and and making sure he eats everything he can.

I'm gonna just link this speedrun of Super Dram World from AGDQ as support for Orange Fluffy Sheep's statements.

Funny y'all should mention those, because that's basically what I've been watching in the background today (TAS of Kaizo style hacks of SMW, that is) and that's why they're on my mind. :v:

I don't deny that it's possible to get good at them, but I'm thinking more along the lines of trial and error gameplay: "bring this particular shell along so you can make a jump later" or "finish the level in exactly this way or you'll walk off a cliff after you finish a level." Although as I'm rewatching KMW, hey... not a whole lot of that (except for said invisible blocks.)

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Yeah, that dungeon is literally the Ice Cave from FF1. The exact same layout, with the exception of some small things like no rooms and the house/crystal chamber instead of the mass of pits. You can even use the same trick that would work in FF1 if you could access the spell where you use Warp after falling in the pit to skip the lower floors. Still think I prefer this to the Sealed Cave, though.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also the hacker really liked damage races, huh? Another boss with the exact same gimmick... then again, the previous one was Cagnazzo, so at least you can see it coming here since this is just a recolour.

I think I remember hearing the reason behind this is because there are only so many scripts you can use for enemies in FF4, so there had to be some repetition. Doesn't really excuse how silly it is, though.

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 29, 2018

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Mega64 posted:

My knowledge of FF1 is terrible so tomorrow I’ll have to look up the dungeon design for that and compare it to this one. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the same since the Levistone or whatever is implied to be here.

e: The first couple floors are basically identical, the rest are pretty different but otherwise it is a pretty blatant reference to FF1’s dungeon. Maybe I’ll get better screenshots tomorrow afternoon.

I honestly don't know what would possess someone to pattern their dungeon design after any in FF1, or really any of the NES Final Fantasy games because they're all terrible for dungeon design.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Did the Summoned Monsters and Sylvan Cave. This is as far as I've gotten the first time I tried the hack, so everything after this will be completely new and unknown!

Gonna aim to have the next update up tomorrow.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Ah, yes...Blubicante

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Choco1980 posted:

Ah, yes...Blubicante

Didn't you find him under the truck on Cinnabar island