Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

There's also him asking Kratos if he can turn into animals, after finding out he's a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
And the post credits stinger of Kratos holding Atreus' hand as he gives birth to a healthy six legged horse

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
There was a pre-release trailer that showed Kratos holding a giant for BOY to shoot, at which point BOY fucks up and shoots Kratos in the shoulder instead. Kratos doesn’t make a sound, but instead snaps the Giant’s neck and breaks the arrow off, and the two continue on their way.

Did I miss something or was that cut out of the game? It seemed to happen right after the first giant fight in the trailer.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's a BOY!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
So did they actually kill off the world serpent or did Baldur just “hurt” it like he said?

Because the character is completely awesome, and if they really did kill him, the death was totally pointless and served literally no purpose. Seems like anything else would’ve been better to “get the attention“ of Kratos and BOY.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

GreatGreen posted:

So did they actually kill off the world serpent or did Baldur just “hurt” it like he said?

Because the character is completely awesome, and if they really did kill him, the death was totally pointless and served literally no purpose. Seems like anything else would’ve been better to “get the attention“ of Kratos and BOY.

He alive Baldur was probably punching it in the snake bits to make it vomit.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just hurt him. Atreus calls him to help during the battle with Baldur.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

esperterra posted:

Just hurt him. Atreus calls him to help during the battle with Baldur.

Oh, right! Thanks.

So much awesome poo poo was going on at the time that it didn’t even register.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GreatGreen posted:

Oh, right! Thanks.

So much awesome poo poo was going on at the time that it didn’t even register.

Yeah I need to play it again. So much stuff happens. I barely recall the fight with the dragon outside of it being awesome and Atreus asking Kratos if he can kill something that big.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

JBP posted:

Yeah I need to play it again. So much stuff happens. I barely recall the fight with the dragon outside of it being awesome and Atreus asking Kratos if he can kill something that big.

this is one of the first games that I’ll end up replaying for the voice acting alone :allears:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

this is one of the first games that I’ll end up replaying for the voice acting alone :allears:

Obviously everything Mimir says is great, but one of my absolute favorite bits is between BOY sassing Sirdri and the fight on the mountain where you can no longer control BOY, Kratos' frustration is loving PALPABLE and Mimir makes a "hmm" sound and after that his silence is deafening.

Also, Kratos' previous "gently caress you" attitude translating to him returning smart rear end comments to BOY.

"You gonna carry that forever?"
"I just might."

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How do I open the rune chest just sitting the main bit of Niflheim? Not the axe throw puzzle ones in the corridors.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

A few questions about the game's final fight:

Wouldn't the Stranger's pain threshold be really low if he's been unable to feel anything for so long?

Really, what's the deal with Baldur's gate?

Also, I'm surprised with all that damage during the boss fight he didn't walk with some sort of limp.

I guess I'm curious about Baldur's gait too.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Scholtz posted:

A few questions about the game's final fight:

Wouldn't the Stranger's pain threshold be really low if he's been unable to feel anything for so long?

Really, what's the deal with Baldur's gate?

Also, I'm surprised with all that damage during the boss fight he didn't walk with some sort of limp.

I guess I'm curious about Baldur's gait too.

Probably because ANY sensation after that long was just raw sensory exhilaration. Also he's a loving Norse god, pain is kisses and warm sweet words in his ear.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Black August posted:

Probably because ANY sensation after that long was just raw sensory exhilaration. Also he's a loving Norse god, pain is kisses and warm sweet words in his ear.

kween why you using spoilers in the sBOYler thread smdh

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wow Sigrun doesn't gently caress around at all Jesus Christ.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Got my mist armor and Valkyrie weapons, all the strongest enchantments, weapons maxed out...

Time to kill the Valkyrie queen.

*gets loving annihilated in 10 seconds, repeatedly*

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm tempted to play more GoW b/c I want to clear out all the side content so bad, but GoW has caused me to put The Americans on the backburner long enough I now have two episodes to watch hmm .......

Do I go toward the Russians or the Valkyries!?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If I beat Muspelheim Round 2 I get an infinite monster arena, right? That's all I really wanna do, to endlessly wail on monsters with my upgraded skills + gear.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

If I beat Muspelheim Round 2 I get an infinite monster arena, right? That's all I really wanna do, to endlessly wail on monsters with my upgraded skills + gear.

Yep, the reward is a time attack arena but you need three keys each time. The fast healing rip and tear one and the kill in circles are easy and fun though when you're getting keys.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

esperterra posted:

kween why you using spoilers in the sBOYler thread smdh

Cuz I thought it was the other thread :saddowns:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I am sad that Magni never tried to murder us with his giant magical shoe.

By the way Magni has a giant magical shoe. It's the fusion of every shoe that has ever or will ever be lost.

In Ragnarok he uses it to pin Fenrir's jaw to the floor so he can rip out his skull.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I love that they decided to give the valkyrie in Niflheim, who requires a runback through two monster rooms to reach her every time you die, the spammiest most cheap unblockables of any encounter in the game.

Got that biatch down on my 3rd try though. Smacked her outta the sky with my shield, sit down BOYYYYY. :fuckoff:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
You know you can just set the game to easy and the Valkyries become considerably less of a struggle to deal with and there's not even a trophy for any of the difficulty levels?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's about gittin gud and feeling accomplishment tho

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

In easy mode they are hard too* and is awesome.

* maybe they can be render easy if you use some rez stones, but I don't do that.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I never bought a single rez stone. The checkpointing was really great, esp through long battles with a bunch of phases.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The berserker stones were pretty essential for my strategy against valkyries, which was to blow all my cooldowns and spartan rage until I was dead or they were dead.

Also how come I only have 2/3 dragon tears even though I freed all those dudes? Is there a third one hidden somewhere in the game world?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

The berserker stones were pretty essential for my strategy against valkyries, which was to blow all my cooldowns and spartan rage until I was dead or they were dead.

Also how come I only have 2/3 dragon tears even though I freed all those dudes? Is there a third one hidden somewhere in the game world?
Baldur's dead dragon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You know I suspected as much when I was thinking about it today, BOY even mentions the dragon if you row past it.

Wanna upgrade that necklace with the force wave because it owns.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Did anybody else catch the juxtaposition of Kratos telling BOY he was not excited about the proposition of a ghost opening a line of communication with them and his dead wife because “EVERYTHING HAS ALREADY BEEN SAID, THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO SAY, BOY” but when he steps into the light in the elf realm, he freaks out and falls all over himself to chase after her voice when he hears her singing?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

kratos is weepy boy desperate and hurt to see his lady again

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Got the final Valkyrie, and while I was bummed that the reward from a plot perspective was so weak, I haven't felt as much of a rush playing a game since something like Furi or Dark Souls 3. The invulnerability of Charge of the White Bear feels like such a kickass move when your reactions are on point.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GreatGreen posted:

do you honestly think they'd introduce loving Jormungandr and then chump him out? he ain't dead

if Jormungandr does die, it'll be an insanely sick boss fight, not that

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Jor and Kratos tag team Thor 2020 BIG EVENT

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Bear in mind that it is Loki who fathers the world serpent, and the only reason Jormungandr is chilling out with us right now is because Thor hits him so hard with his hammer that he gets sent back through time.

Norse mythology makes anime storylines seem logical and restrained.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Bear in mind that it is Loki who fathers the world serpent, and the only reason Jormungandr is chilling out with us right now is because Thor hits him so hard with his hammer that he gets sent back through time.

Norse mythology makes anime storylines seem logical and restrained.

I cant wrap my head around the idea of a dude with 9 mothers, or horses that are faster because more legs.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tei posted:

I cant wrap my head around the idea of a dude with 9 mothers, or horses that are faster because more legs.

Then do what the norse religious women did. Eat so many psychotropics in the woods that it not only makes sense, but the gods also tell you about their other weird as hell exploits.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

do you honestly think they'd introduce loving Jormungandr and then chump him out? he ain't dead

if Jormungandr does die, it'll be an insanely sick boss fight, not that

That’s why I originally asked. He’s the coolest buddy character ever and the devs would be crazy to just kill him off after only like 3 verbal exchanges.

Good thing they didn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I've been waiting over three days for someone to do this with Loki and Jormungandr, and I have never been so disappointed in the Internet for not delivering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo5_PFiUMg0

• Locked thread