Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Play posted:

I always use depth-adjusted accuracy because for guys like him that throw deep more often it's a much more fair way to measure. And despite having a bad season last year him placing 13th on that list says he's average in terms of the NFL, not bad.

I agree that there's plenty of room for improvement but people talk about him like a guy who can't hit the broadside of a barn when in reality he had a down year that was still better than most.

I mean that's cool and all, and I agree to a point, but his coach literally said "He's naturally an inaccurate passer". I don't think anyone is suggesting he can't hit the broad side of a barn, but he also isn't going to be threading the needle. Cam's strength is not his arm, never has been so it's not really anything new. He is a monster of a man, who will murder you with his legs and has the ability to make some throws...a pure passer he is not tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

weird Asian candy posted:

I mean that's cool and all, and I agree to a point, but his coach literally said "He's naturally an inaccurate passer". I don't think anyone is suggesting he can't hit the broad side of a barn, but he also isn't going to be threading the needle. Cam's strength is not his arm, never has been so it's not really anything new. He is a monster of a man, who will murder you with his legs and has the ability to make some throws...a pure passer he is not tho.

If that's the case then everyone in the world except like a few guys are inaccurate passers. In 2016 he was the fourth most accurate QB on passes that traveled further than five yards downfield behind Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. He has some issues with short throws which is where the bad comp percentage comes from, but yes I completely disagree that he's "naturally" inaccurate because he's more accurate than the majority of NFL quarterbacks. That makes sense doesn't it? Regardless of what Norv Turner, who sounds like he's trying to set expectations himself, said.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Okay now take away all of these from Cam and see what his accuracy rating is.

https://youtu.be/d0QCzmz4X0U?t=2m6s

I know it's not enough to make a difference statistically, but man he had some receivers let him down at the worst times

Even though they mean the same thing, I feel like it's better to call Cam inconsistent instead of inaccurate.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

In the first saints game he didn’t look like an nfl qb.

:v: oh it's a whole lot more than that game :v:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
My new favorite Bucs fact:

quote:

If they went 12-4 every year going forward it would take them 19 seasons (2037!) just to get back to .500 overall.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

I got a chuckle out of it. Has to be the worst franchise in NFL history.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

Just hire Bill Belichick, move to the AFC East, and you'll be there in no time.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

wandler20 posted:

I got a chuckle out of it. Has to be the worst franchise in NFL history.

Depends on your criteria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_all-time_NFL_win%E2%80%93loss_records

...but yes.

EDIT: I like how the entire NFC South is in the bottom half by winning percentage.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ulmont posted:

Depends on your criteria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_all-time_NFL_win%E2%80%93loss_records

...but yes.

EDIT: I like how the entire NFC South is in the bottom half by winning percentage.

If my memory is correct, that list has 5 Super Bowl champions out of 52 SBs played.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Silly Burrito posted:

If my memory is correct, that list has 5 Super Bowl champions out of 52 SBs played.

...yes. Pretty damning to have less than 10% of the wins out of 50% of the teams. That list also has another 17! Super Bowl losers on it (and not all of them are the Bills).

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Jags and Texans need to tie a game. Even the Panthers have a tie.

That was the stupidest game.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
That tie allowed us to win the NFC South despite having a losing record.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Shiki Dan posted:

Which led to the greatest bad playoff game ever.

I guess I don't think I could see straight after the second Bersin fumble.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shiki Dan posted:

The stupidest game. A tie where both teams kicked a FG in overtime and it meant the Panthers crawled out of the dumpster fire of the NFC South. So stupid and I love it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Play posted:

Kiss

The

Ring

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Cam can be good enough when healthy but will never be healthy because NFL refs want to see him die.

Not just the refs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

I always use depth-adjusted accuracy because for guys like him that throw deep more often it's a much more fair way to measure. And despite having a bad season last year him placing 13th on that list says he's average in terms of the NFL, not bad.

I agree that there's plenty of room for improvement but people talk about him like a guy who can't hit the broadside of a barn when in reality he had a down year that was still better than most.

gratuitous delhomme gif

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I hope wherever Jake Delhomme is he is happy and enjoying his life to the fullest because if he's not then every time I think about the dude its just :smithicide:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I mean he had the melt down of all meltdowns, but for years he was an above average QB in the NFL thanks to Steve Smith bailing him out.

He played in a Super Bowl and 2 NFC championship games. He had a QB record of .583 and somehow threw for over 20,000 passing yards in his career.

His career path was supposed to have been that of a crappy backup until Carolina poached him from the Saints.

He's raising thoroughbred horses and made a lot of money over an 11 year career.

Dude's doing alright.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

uh he was a pro bowl qb without steve smith thanks

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It obviously worked out with us getting Brees, but man, Jake should've had his chance to start for the Saints when Aaron Brooks was injured. Who knows how it would have played out?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

It obviously worked out with us getting Brees, but man, Jake should've had his chance to start for the Saints when Aaron Brooks was injured. Who knows how it would have played out?

I like this timeline where the Saint does not win the superbowl op

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

weird Asian candy posted:

I like this timeline where the Saint does not win the superbowl op

Cept in this timeline Jake Delhomme leads the Saints to their 1st superbowl in 2003. This relegates Brady to a flash in the pan QB who starts to get a rep as 'can't win the big one' compared to guys like Manning and he washes out of the league after 2 more exits from the playoffs at the hands of a Brees-led Miami offense. Brady was last seen doing an Ugg photoshoot in Australia in 2009. John Carney does not miss wide right and Deuce gets his 1st superbowl MVP. After Katrina the Saints return in dominant fashion winning superbowl XLI against the Colts and again in XLIV against the Colts. Delhomme is now in the pantheon of 'Elites' completely destroying the legacies of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Cept in this timeline Jake Delhomme leads the Saints to their 1st superbowl in 2003. This relegates Brady to a flash in the pan QB who starts to get a rep as 'can't win the big one' compared to guys like Manning and he washes out of the league after 2 more exits from the playoffs at the hands of a Brees-led Miami offense. Brady was last seen doing an Ugg photoshoot in Australia in 2009. John Carney does not miss wide right and Deuce gets his 1st superbowl MVP. After Katrina the Saints return in dominant fashion winning superbowl XLI against the Colts and again in XLIV against the Colts. Delhomme is now in the pantheon of 'Elites' completely destroying the legacies of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

*I wanna know what alove iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

I want you to show meeeeeee, bay buh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That Works posted:

Does this timeline keep Nick Saban as coach of Miami and never joins Bama? If so, I could live in this timeline.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Whoa nelly!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Does this timeline keep Nick Saban as coach of Miami and never joins Bama? If so, I could live in this timeline.

I like the idea of that so sure.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

If you're gonna dream Saban dreams, why not keep Saban at LSU?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ulmont posted:

If you're gonna dream Saban dreams, why not keep Saban at LSU?

I think in any timeline, Saban wanted to prove himself in the NFL, so I might as well mitigate the damage. Plus I still have a soft spot for ol' Les. But yeah, if he never got the wandering eyes, I'd be happy keeping him at LSU too.

I'm wondering if President Nader greeted the Saints at the White House in this timeline or not.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just found this: Every Drew Brees touchdown of 70 yards or more up until 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQB42R11cIg

drat, that's pretty.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Since it's my timeline then Goodell resigns in disgrace in like 2004 or some poo poo.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Silly Burrito posted:

Just found this: Every Drew Brees touchdown of 70 yards or more up until 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQB42R11cIg

drat, that's pretty.

That was legit impressive.

Michael Vick is the reason I'm a Falcons fan. Here's some of the reasons why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBrcmMYRjSs

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Michael vick was fun to watch but man was he hilariously mis-managed with the Falcons.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Michael vick was fun to watch but man was he hilariously mis-managed with the Falcons.

But drat was he speedy on Madden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAwR9dsnA8&t=80s

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Just run it with Vick, touchdown every time.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that dude is doing the 'ol "pointing the joystick in the wrong direction when you switch to the closest defender" thing

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I admit, we had a no Mike Vick policy in the barracks after we realized he was broken.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wandler20 made some great art.

wandler20 posted:

I suck at photoshop but I tried lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Little known fact, the logos arranged in my prediction for the NFC South.
Saints 11-5
Falcons 10-6
Panthers 10-6
Bucs 6-10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Nicely done, Wandler! Probably too big for an av, but it owns.