Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
More than 160,000 union workers marching through Melbourne from trades hall to fed square today for the change the rules march :D

https://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace/thousands-attend-actu-rally-in-melbourne-and-sydney-to-fight-against-low-pay-20181022-p50b5g.html

Slugnoid has issued a correction as of 03:13 on Oct 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I'm afge, which I can't actually tell if it's good or not. Never talked to someone from my local about my local so I kinda think it's not good?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
are there unions in hell?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
to go to heaven you've got to lick gods boots so probably

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Better to organise in hell than scab in heaven

This should really throw the Chinese celestial bureaucracy for a loop

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Wynona Dryder posted:

are there unions in hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiWydF9ejyk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SeXReX posted:

So many people at work bitch about the week our dues get paid but they're loving nothing compared to the premium we'd be paying on comparable health insurance on the open market (part time gig)

Hell my mom has a comfortable middle management job at a major bank hq and my insurance is better than her's before you even factor in it being cheaper lmao.

E. Plus I can tell my bosses "suck a dick dumbshit" and they get all pissy and stomp off cause they know my union rep would laugh in their face and ask to get back to doing something important.

I have zero time for people who bitch about dues. I tell them sharply i can lay them off right now and they can work non union and take a 15 dollar per hour pay cut if they want.

• Locked thread