Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Here's a working mirror of the epilogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Why, why did I expect that ending to make a lick of sense? And still I understand nothing...

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Here's a working mirror of the epilogue

Not trying to one up you or anything, but here's a subbed version.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

HGH posted:

A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing...

so you're saying, this game was directed by one who can know nothing...

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm guessing that combined with the whole revelations from the secret files, the meaning is that Luxu set up MX's descent into darkness to begin with, and so him still being half-Norted is just more proof of him being the ultimate chessmaster, or it's the one flaw in his master plan.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shitenshi posted:

I'm guessing that combined with the whole revelations from the secret files, the meaning is that Luxu set up MX's descent into darkness to begin with, and so him still being half-Norted is just more proof of him being the ultimate chessmaster, or it's the one flaw in his master plan.

So Xigbar/Braig/Luxu is essentially the Revolver Ocelot of the KH universe? That...kind of makes sense actually

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
And there's still going to be a secret video, to boot? Strap yourselves in, I guess!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Kingdom Hearts is the dumbest loving game on the planet.

Kingdom Hearts is the best loving game on the planet.
It's definitely one of these things.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Does the game ever play with the fact that Davy Jones in Japan has the same voice actor as Xigbar/Braig?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Crawfish posted:

It's definitely one of these things.

kingdom hearts is game

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The young MX and Eraqus scenes continues to be the best part of this game. I don't know why Nomura decided to metaphor the plot into the world's most confusing chess game, but I love him for it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Electric Phantasm posted:

The young MX and Eraqus scenes continues to be the best part of this game. I don't know why Nomura decided to metaphor the plot into the world's most confusing chess game, but I love him for it.

he prob watched LOST while making it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Xigbar/Braig has had a lot of mysterious stuff implied about him. Though it was always in the case of him being the minion with his own motives. So this is a pretty big twist with him.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Luxu appears at the Keyblade graveyard carrying both the box and MoM's Keyblade, all the foretellers sans Ava appear and start talking with Luxu who then removes his hood to reveal himself as Xigbar (half norted and all). They continue talking while they're spied by Maleficent and Pete. The scene then cuts to young MX and Eraqus getting ready to start a new game of chess. But this time MX is playing with seven black pieces (all of the bearing the crests of the Foretellers) while Eraqus just places a white Piece with Sora's emblem before the scene ends.

Kingdom Hearts IV: Coming 2031

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shneak posted:

Kingdom Hearts IV: Coming 2031

Another seven part trilogy

Also why are there spoiler bars in the spoiler thread

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The most hilarious part is that this picture ended up becoming true

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I love how a lot of the internet theories turned out to be true like CUM GUARDIAN being Terra's heartless and Xigbar pulling an Ocelot.

And no, they weren't properly set up at all.

I totally believe that Nomura run out of ideas and one week before the draft deadline he googled for dumb KH theories and just added them all in.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
BTW I haven't been able to find a subbed mirror. Are MX's motives explained at all in the last cutscene? Was it all just for the lols?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Pretty sure his overall plan was supposed to be to use true Kingdom Heart to scorch all lands and remove all humans/hearts, returning the world to the state is was in before even Chi/X/Unchained X, because hearts can be led astray and harbor darkness or some poo poo..

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

lezard_valeth posted:

BTW I haven't been able to find a subbed mirror. Are MX's motives explained at all in the last cutscene? Was it all just for the lols?

His motives are exactly what he stated they were in the Xehanort reports back in Birth by Sleep.

Xehanort report posted:

As a boy, I dreamed of seeing the farthest reaches of the World. If I only went far enough, there had to be a world out there in which no one had ever before set foot. And now I know of just such a world. If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create the Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium.

https://kingdomhearts.fandom.com/wiki/Xehanort%27s_Report

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah I saw people acting like MX was being redeemed in the end but that isn't really true, we've known what his goal was ever since BBS and he never deviated from it. And once again, KH2 remains the only game so far to have an out and out regular happy ending, if you ignore what came after and the secret ending and take the game only by itself.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lezard_valeth posted:

I love how a lot of the internet theories turned out to be true like CUM GUARDIAN being Terra's heartless and Xigbar pulling an Ocelot.

And no, they weren't properly set up at all.

I totally believe that Nomura run out of ideas and one week before the draft deadline he googled for dumb KH theories and just added them all in.

There are lots of questionable twists in this series but out of all of them, these two were totally set up earlier. Maybe not "when the characters first appeared" kind of earlier, but there's a reason people predicted them.
The design of the Guardian resembles a person that is being restrained. The guardian never appears until after Terra gets Norted. After Riku fights heartless Xehanort in DDD, the guardian reaches out sadly to Riku, and then Riku repeats the exact line he said to Terra when they met on Destiny Islands. That last one is barely even foreshadowing, just telling the audience what's going on here. I'd honestly be hard-pressed to even call this one a twist at this point.
And Xigbar has *always* been a character who comes across like they know a lot more than they are letting on. I would've been more surprised if he wasn't hiding something.

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 26, 2019

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JnjxsRUT4

Holy gently caress this theme is so hype.

This theme perfectly captures the feeling "I'm gonna play the poo poo out of KH3, it's gonna be super stupid and it will totally own."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So I heard that the Gummi Ship sections in this game are open world, is there still a way to reliably navigate to the world you want and is there some sort of fast travel option later if you need to go back for some reason?

Also are there any other worlds in the game besides what we've been shown in promos (or any non-KH Square-Enix characters at all besides the usual Shop Moogles) ?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 27, 2019

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
There are waypoint in the open world section you can follow to reach the world you want. Words in that open section have a green marker usually for you to follow, but there is also a yellow flag waypoint you can set for a specific world. Donut ships DO still work, but they are less effective and broken than they used to be because it appears some of the bullets and of course the lasers are bigger in this game than they were in KH2 so they still hit the edges of your ship.

After you unlock a world, you can fast travel back to it. And no, we have seen all the worlds in the game through the trailers.

EDIT: Someone FINALLY unlocked the Ultima Keyblade. It seems like it's just Final Form on a smaller time limit, and since one of the materials required to synth it is located smack dab in the second to last world, its probably a postgame weapon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pym8RDXe7Eg

Gologle fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 27, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gologle posted:

There are waypoint in the open world section you can follow to reach the world you want. Words in that open section have a green marker usually for you to follow, but there is also a yellow flag waypoint you can set for a specific world. Donut ships DO still work, but they are less effective and broken than they used to be because it appears some of the bullets and of course the lasers are bigger in this game than they were in KH2 so they still hit the edges of your ship.

After you unlock a world, you can fast travel back to it. And no, we have seen all the worlds in the game through the trailers.

EDIT: Someone FINALLY unlocked the Ultima Keyblade. It seems like it's just Final Form on a smaller time limit, and since one of the materials required to synth it is located smack dab in the second to last world, its probably a postgame weapon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pym8RDXe7Eg

Good to know. How are the Gummi sections anyway, are they mostly just an expanded version of the ones from KH2?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I wouldn't say expanded, but I haven't seen anybody go in depth into the gummi missions. Oh, that's right, also, while there are a few forced gummi bosses, the vast majority of enemies you encounter in that section are marked enemies on the map that start a mission when ran into/shot at, so while you can't completely ignore the gummi ship stuff, you can ignore most of it if it isn't your cup of tea. The missions are in a KH2 scroller shooter style.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Saix's battle quotes are the same lines he used in KH2 but they've been rerecorded and it sound super weird to me because I've been hearing Saix shout "BEGONE" and "THE MOON SHINES DOWN" in the same exact way for over a decade.

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JnjxsRUT4

Holy gently caress this theme is so hype.

This theme perfectly captures the feeling "I'm gonna play the poo poo out of KH3, it's gonna be super stupid and it will totally own."

It's literally a mash-up of the three hypest boss themes in the series :tviv:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So just to be prefectly clear, who are the main 13 members of the new Organization and do you wind up actually getting a chance to fight them all (also, how does the game explain Xion being back)?

Also can you play as Riku (or anyone else besides Sora for that matter) for more than just the one section in the Realm of Darkness?

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
1. Master Xehanort
2. Young Xehanort
3. Ansem
4. Xemnas
5. Braig
6. Riku Replica (or actually Riku from KH1 when he was possessed by Ansem - it wasn't made clear in the game tbh)
7. Luxord
8. Larxene
9. Marluxia
10. Terranort
11. Saix
12. Xion
13. Vanitas

You fight them all, although mostly only in 2/3 pairs at the end of the game. e.g. You team up with:
Mickey vs. Luxord/Larxene/Marluxia,
Riku vs. Xigbar and Riku Replica,
Axel/Kairi vs. Xion,
Roxas/Xion vs. Saix,
Aqua/Ven vs. Terranort and Vanitas,
Riku/Mickey vs. Young Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas,
Donald/Goofy vs. MX

Seems like you can play as Riku in the RoD twice, one early game and one late game. You also get one fight as Aqua vs. Vanitas in the LoD

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So Vexen and Demyx aren't part of the Orgaization? What's their deal then?

Also do we learn what Luxord and Demyx's real names are?

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Vexen and Demyx are relegated to backups for the Organization in case the others fail. Vexen convinces Demyx to not be a bitch and defect to the good guys. Vexen perfects his replicas and ends up creating empty bodies for Roxas, Namine, Xion, and Riku Replica (not sure on the last one)'s hearts to come back to basically.

Pretty sure we don't hear Luxord and Demyx's real names

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gotcha, so in the instances where you play as them do Riku and Aqua have their own moves or do they just share whatever Sora had in his Command Deck at the time?

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Larryb posted:

Gotcha, so in the instances where you play as them do Riku and Aqua have their own moves or do they just share whatever Sora had in his Command Deck at the time?

KH3 uses KH2's magic and ability system. There is no Command Deck. I guess Riku/Aqua have their own magic/forms.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Roluth posted:

KH3 uses KH2's magic and ability system. There is no Command Deck. I guess Riku/Aqua have their own magic/forms.

Ah, I could have sworn I saw some BBS-esque Command Styles in some of the trailers. Are Shotlocks in the game though like they were in Fragmentary Passage?

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Larryb posted:

Ah, I could have sworn I saw some BBS-esque Command Styles in some of the trailers. Are Shotlocks in the game though like they were in Fragmentary Passage?

The Keyblade forms are basically retooled Command Styles, and I'm pretty sure there are still Shotlocks. So, it is a fusion of KH2 and BBS systems.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
There are shotlocks, the shotlocks are tied to the keyblade, not to abilities.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Vexen perfects his replicas and ends up creating empty bodies for Roxas, Namine, Xion, and Riku Replica (not sure on the last one)'s hearts to come back to basically.

This is perhaps my major gripe with the game.

For a game where the opening theme's 3rd lyric says "taste what a bittersweet", there is very little bitter and a lot of sweet in the ending. Sans Sora, everyone gets the best possible outcome to their stories. Even the villains all die/go back to their time planet in peace.

I mean I was totally expecting Ven and Roxas to come back in a way or other because Ven becoming whole again has been a core plot for the past 3 sidegames, and Roxas was the first to dual wield and that poo poo was dope. But Namine and Xion I think were a bit of a stretch, and Isa and Terra's redemption were both heavily foreshadowed but IMO their redemption should have come in a form of heroic sacrifice.

On another note, did I miss some key conversation somewhere or is Kingdom Hearts still mostly a ?????? that everyone wants to get for ?????????? reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Kingdom Hearts is light my dude, we've known that since the very first game.