Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

okay, I can explain this

a Microsoft rep showed up to tell us about Sharepoint and Teams and it was pretty boring, intuitive stuff but bonkers to the management, but they said they would start a pilot of Dynamics CRM in June

so, I look that up and it's loving garbage all over. stupid squares and poo poo that means nothing everywhere. so, uh. this is an enterprise CRM that doesn't have a concept of an "inventory" or "product" so what the gently caress is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Victory Position posted:

okay, I can explain this

a Microsoft rep showed up to tell us about Sharepoint and Teams and it was pretty boring, intuitive stuff but bonkers to the management, but they said they would start a pilot of Dynamics CRM in June

so, I look that up and it's loving garbage all over. stupid squares and poo poo that means nothing everywhere. so, uh. this is an enterprise CRM that doesn't have a concept of an "inventory" or "product" so what the gently caress is this

enterprise

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

animist posted:

enterprise

so explain that to me

I'm the idiot here

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
made of horrible tin that will CUT YOU, even if you don't have to go near it, it will CUT YOU. Walk away.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

The real enterprise is the millions of dollars we spent on support contracts along the way

bringo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

enterprise grade: now available as a 2GB docker image!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

enterprise grade means step 1 of the installation procedure is to permanently disable uac

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Sweevo posted:

enterprise grade means step 1 of the installation procedure is to permanently disable uac

Enterprise grade means installation is a multiple man day project per site

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
just imagine your office getting invaded by a swarm of fat, surly IT dudes in polo shirts. sounds like hell.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Enterprise grade means the sale is determined by which rep lies more about the capabilities of their product

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Enterprise grade means the primary determinant of the product requirements are set by a golf game which no end users or support staff will ever sniff

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

enterprise grade means never having to say you’re sorry

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

enterprise grade means it runs on a 20 year old ibm mainframe, but the installer still includes 10gb of java redistributables and windows dlls.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

enterprise grade means it *is* an ibm mainframe

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Sweevo posted:

enterprise grade means it runs on a 20 year old ibm mainframe, but the installer still includes 10gb of java redistributables and windows dlls.

Move away from this platform? But its served us so well!

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Perplx posted:

i bought me dell servers used and they are still new enough to have html5 idrac

i think even the new ones still need java for the idrac based remote destop

i had it installed on a work machine for this, i ran the java updater the other day, and the updater itself told me i hadn't actually used java for six months and should consider uninstalling it for security reasons

fair point, but not what you expect from the vendor

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

No I just tested it on the one in my garage and it really supports html5, I just had to turn off content blocking under "settings for this website" in Safari for it to work properly

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Father Jack posted:

i think even the new ones still need java for the idrac based remote destop

i had it installed on a work machine for this, i ran the java updater the other day, and the updater itself told me i hadn't actually used java for six months and should consider uninstalling it for security reasons

fair point, but not what you expect from the vendor

I got this too, pretty lol

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
enterprise software means it will come with two programs that access the same set of databases for different users’ different purposes.

one of them will leave the user logged in if the internet connection is disrupted before the program is shut down - so make sure you close the program before closing your laptop and leaving work. if you don’t it will tell you you are logged in and you have to use a special side application to kick your account back to being not logged in.

the other program does not have this issue.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

in cyber enterprise always meant to me 'can handle more than'.

Like, nessus is cool in your small office. But 300,000 servers, good luck janitoring that.

It also means, we have this untested/experimental NEW THING we want to sell you!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

enterprise hardware just means they bothered to fit the connector for the serial port

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

enterprise grade posting

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

It also means, we have this totally made up feature we haven’t even told the devs about NEW THING we want to sell you!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

enterprise grade means that none of the people selling or buying the product have or will ever use it.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

enterprise grade means not listing the prices for your product anywhere

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

enterprise grade means not listing the purpose of your product anywhere

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

enterprise grade means not listing the prices for your product anywhere

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Enterprise Grade means never having to say youre sorry.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sweevo posted:

yeah, it's this too.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

yeah, it's this too.

enterprise grade meaning you have paragraphs of text explaining your product on your website except none of it means anything whatsoever

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Sweevo posted:

enterprise grade means your product doesnt have a purpose but to move money between entities

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
if you know you know

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

if you want to know, ask!

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
to be one, ask one

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

update ur dracs

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Captain Foo posted:

enterprise grade meaning you have paragraphs of text explaining your product on your website except none of it means anything whatsoever

"Buttlord Technologies provides integrated process solutions for effective interoperability of multi-domain technology paradigms. Click here to read 5000 words about our iso 9001 certification."

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
enterprise grade means the poo poo you actually use takes up 10% of the screen and the rest is unresizeable empty space

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jimmyjams posted:

enterprise grade means the poo poo you actually use takes up 10% of the screen and the rest is unresizeable empty space

this is hosed up and true. jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

florida lan posted:

salesforce: some web forms tacked on top of what's basically excel, BUT IN THE CLOUD

salesforce is enterprise jira for salespeople